• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to get over my ex-girlfriend that I had a two year relationship with. She changed for the worse, and I miss the old her.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. See. This is why I don't like the human race. I don't like girls, because they are annoying, catty, and they stab you in the back. I can't stand guys because they treat women like we are supposed to be pretty can cater to them. and if we aren't pretty then we have no say. If we stand up for ourselves, we are a b*tch, if we disagree with men, we are a b*tch. If we have a bad day, and just HAPPEN to not be in the f**king mood for sex. We are a b*tch.

We can't get offended because we'll just be PMSing and our opinion is therefore invalid to men. Trying to insert yourself in an intelligent conversation that men are having is apparently still taboo. And if for some reason we don't fit in to your blonde blue-eyed, dipsh*t of a girlfriend then we can just screw off.

I'm sorry, but when did the way I look or dress come to any concern of the likes of you? I'm sorry, but why the f*ck should I give two sh*ts that you think I can't have an opinion because i'm a girl? Like I totally need you to point out that I have big boobs. I see them every f*cking day and I don't need your approval. So it's okay for you to get fat and sit on your sorry a*s and not give a damn about how you look. But I can't have ONE day to keep the make up off and have a relaxed day?

The human race sucks. I swear if I was emo, i'd be diving into a tub of razor blades.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There are so many things guys will say trying to deny they have an underlying sexist/mysoginist nature, but ultimately most do. It's natural I guess.

You know what, I'm also going to justify it.

Do you know why guys do things like that?

Because it's fun.

Where are the repercussions when your gender is favoured by society? It's the continuation of playground wars and boys won it.

If you're thinking that that is the most childish and stupid explanation for it, then you're right, and that's exactly why it does explain it perfectly. As you go forward in life, the playground mentality never dies, and ultimately, there is no conscience or decency to it.

I think we'd actually do a lot better to acknowledge our flaws. :3

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ugh. See. This is why I don't like the human race. I don't like girls, because they are annoying, catty, and they stab you in the back. I can't stand guys because they treat women like we are supposed to be pretty can cater to them. and if we aren't pretty then we have no say. If we stand up for ourselves, we are a b*tch, if we disagree with men, we are a b*tch. If we have a bad day, and just HAPPEN to not be in the f**king mood for sex. We are a b*tch.

We can't get offended because we'll just be PMSing and our opinion is therefore invalid to men. Trying to insert yourself in an intelligent conversation that men are having is apparently still taboo. And if for some reason we don't fit in to your blonde blue-eyed, dipsh*t of a girlfriend then we can just screw off.

I'm sorry, but when did the way I look or dress come to any concern of the likes of you? I'm sorry, but why the f*ck should I give two sh*ts that you think I can't have an opinion because i'm a girl? Like I totally need you to point out that I have big boobs. I see them every f*cking day and I don't need your approval. So it's okay for you to get fat and sit on your sorry a*s and not give a damn about how you look. But I can't have ONE day to keep the make up off and have a relaxed day?

The human race sucks. I swear if I was emo, i'd be diving into a tub of razor blades.
You need to find some new friends. I don't know anyone who really acts like this.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
There are so many things guys will say trying to deny they have an underlying sexist/mysoginist nature, but ultimately most do. It's natural I guess.

You know what, I'm also going to justify it.

Do you know why guys do things like that?

Because it's fun.

Where are the repercussions when your gender is favoured by society? It's the continuation of playground wars and boys won it.

If you're thinking that that is the most childish and stupid explanation for it, then you're right, and that's exactly why it does explain it perfectly. As you go forward in life, the playground mentality never dies, and ultimately, there is no conscience or decency to it.

I think we'd actually do a lot better to acknowledge our flaws. :3
I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way I can just accept that as a valid answer. "Because it's fun" is the most general answer you could possibly come up with.

Why do people kill people? Because it's fun. Why'd you chop off your arm? Because it's fun. Why did you sexually abuse your children? Because it's fun.

:glare:

EDIT:
You need to find some new friends. I don't know anyone who really acts like this.
I know this is general. But it's because you are a guy and guys treat girls who like the same things they like different from "normal" girls and "regular" guys.

I don't have any friends who act this way.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

For one, most people I know are nothing like this, myself included.

For another, emos don't cut themselves. People with mental problems do.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I know this is general. But it's because you are a guy and guys treat girls who like the same things they like different from "normal" girls and "regular" guys.

I don't have any friends who act this way.
Again, I don't know anyone who does this. The guys I know are generally attracted to girls who have similar interests. I don't think that is misogynist in the least.

In my experience, guys tend to treat girls in a couple different ways. There is the ****ty girl- someone they don't really know well but they happen to have a bad reputation so they assume they are ****ty, then girls who are "girly' and have normal feminine interests, then girls who have masculine or "nerdy" interests. It's completely natural to treat people differently depending on their interests or hobbies. Again, it's not misogyny.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way I can just accept that as a valid answer. "Because it's fun" is the most general answer you could possibly come up with.

Why do people kill people? Because it's fun. Why'd you chop off your arm? Because it's fun. Why did you sexually abuse your children? Because it's fun.

:glare:
Oppressing people and exerting a sense of superiority over them is fun.

You can't tell me that most people don't derive satisfaction from it. So many people want to be the one calling the shots, and being a man and keeping women down at least gives men that sense.

So it's totally valid, its simplicity is what makes it so.

Trolling women makes for generally weak consequences.

NNID
Budget_Player
...You know that, for the most part, girls are at fault for the general mysogyny, right? Here's a little questionnaire for you, please attribute the following values to the typical "alpha" personalities or the typical "Beta" personalities.
-Kind
-Sensitive
-Sexist
-Dominating
-Egalitarian
-Has a lot of sex

...Yeah. If you had Beta, Beta, Alpha, Alpha, Beta, Alpha, then maybe you're noticing something. Mysogynism is not necessarily a necessity to being an alpha, but it's a side-effect of being, well, in control. And these people who are in control control attention, and this control leads to the last quality on that list: they get laid a lot. That meek, shy friend who kinda digs you but respects you as a person? He's not getting laid. That burly jock who treats women like pieces of meat and other people as competitiors? He, he's getting laid. This mysogyny is not only fun, as Teran mentioned before, it's has major benefits for us when dealing with women.

Don't like it? Start ****ing betas, because sooner or later they become mysogynists too, but it has nothing to do with wanting to be in control. It has to do with being sick of constant rejection and failure, and the feeling "It's not that I'm not good enough, no woman is good enough to see beyond my outer shell and see what's really me". :) I'm past that point, and I don't hate women, but I damn well will not let you post crap like that without a healthy dose of reality. Don't like it? You did it to yourself. Because all in all, this post smacks of a girl complaining to her best friend, who is madly in love with her and an archetypical Beta, "All the guys I date are douchebags, I wish I could find one man who would respect me!"

TL;DR: I'm a mad, horny loser who is sick of rejection, which is why I came to this thread, but this caught my eye and I figure that I might as well get it off my chest while I'm here.

EDIT: AND there's the fact that if you're being treated like that, then you should probably search for new friends/stop clubbing/something.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
This for me is an eye opener (because I live in a cave with wifi). Who do you deal with that? I can not imagen living like that with the constent pressure to be a certian way all the time.

I guess they are scared of intellegent wemon? (Why would they be, I mean would it not be a good thing to have a intellegent talk with anyone regardless of gender?)

If I am not mistaken this has been a double standered forever. I agree it is unfair and needs to be fixed, but I am not picturing the problem getting solved anytime soon.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
...You know that, for the most part, girls are at fault for the general mysogyny, right? Here's a little questionnaire for you, please attribute the following values to the typical "alpha" personalities or the typical "Beta" personalities.
-Kind
-Sensitive
-Sexist
-Dominating
-Egalitarian
-Has a lot of sex

...Yeah. If you had Beta, Beta, Alpha, Alpha, Beta, Alpha, then maybe you're noticing something. Mysogynism is not necessarily a necessity to being an alpha, but it's a side-effect of being, well, in control. And these people who are in control control attention, and this control leads to the last quality on that list: they get laid a lot. That meek, shy friend who kinda digs you but respects you as a person? He's not getting laid. That burly jock who treats women like pieces of meat and other people as competitiors? He, he's getting laid. This mysogyny is not only fun, as Teran mentioned before, it's has major benefits for us when dealing with women.

Don't like it? Start ****ing betas, because sooner or later they become mysogynists too, but it has nothing to do with wanting to be in control. It has to do with being sick of constant rejection and failure, and the feeling "It's not that I'm not good enough, no woman is good enough to see beyond my outer shell and see what's really me". :) I'm past that point, and I don't hate women, but I damn well will not let you post crap like that without a healthy dose of reality. Don't like it? You did it to yourself. Because all in all, this post smacks of a girl complaining to her best friend, who is madly in love with her and an archetypical Beta, "All the guys I date are douchebags, I wish I could find one man who would respect me!"

TL;DR: I'm a mad, horny loser who is sick of rejection, which is why I came to this thread, but this caught my eye and I figure that I might as well get it off my chest while I'm here.

This dude is right 100%. Men will treat you however you let them, quit being a b*tch and maybe all guys won't think you're a b*tch.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I don't understand Xing's point of view. I love the human race. They make me burritos and give me video games.

Life is delicious.

If the Men are ashholess, and girls tend to be witchy. I don't gripe, I find new friends. People don't know how to be happy up in this joint.

Seriously tho, you need to get that stereotype outta yer head Xing. If anything, give one of those guys that you hang out with a chance to go out with you :3

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I only tolerate the human race because they invented pizza & beer, along with video games.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Today I was in a focus group to discuss why Asian students with identical grades underperform at university and ways to resolve the problem. One guy was all like "Well Asians must be less intelligent. Maybe the university should just not let Asians in."

:|

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Asian students

underperform
Mind is blown.

Oh btw since you're in England do you mean Indians and the like when you say Asian?

I imagine you do because that's what I mean when I say Asian. >.>

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Indeed I do. To clarify, all ethnic minorities underperform at my university. Even when you compare students with identical grades.

On my course the white students get 7% more than asians on average. I wasn't that surprised personally.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman

This for me is an eye opener (because I live in a cave with wifi). Who do you deal with that? I can not imagen living like that with the constent pressure to be a certian way all the time.

I guess they are scared of intellegent wemon? (Why would they be, I mean would it not be a good thing to have a intellegent talk with anyone regardless of gender?)

If I am not mistaken this has been a double standered forever. I agree it is unfair and needs to be fixed, but I am not picturing the problem getting solved anytime soon.
Probably the only intelligent post that I care to reply to, all the other's are ultimately ignorant to my point. I need another female in this thread <_<

You basically summed up like...every point I made; thanks for not being a jerk. Keep living in the cave so you'll stay that way

This dude is right 100%. Men will treat you however you let them, quit being a b*tch and maybe all guys won't think you're a b*tch.
See I told you. I'm not allowed to rant because I'll just get attacked for it. You don't even know me, and you're calling me a b*tch.

Case and point.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Kanelol was out of line, but Budget Player Cadet made a lot of very good points. Just because someone doesn't agree with you and throw random compliments at you doesn't mean they are attacking you.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
I never said the Budget Player, or any of the rest of you were attacking me, most of you just don't get it because you are male, simple as that. And don't tell me i'm wrong, i'm not. You could never understand something you can never be.

Reality is as I said it and is as Budget Player said it

I'm not having a good week and I need to vent. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to do that as long as I don't attack anyone.

blah blah blah explanation blah

This fat guy was taking FOREVER at McD's and all I wanted to do was get a stupid parfait for my boyfriend's little sister. Yet- he wanted to order like 6 meals with super pickyspecific toppings. This took him like 30 mins, true story. And this McD's just HAPPENED to be the sh**ty ghetto McD's with terrible service. I just wanted a parfait. If I got there like 20 seconds earlier I would have gotten there before him.

Fate sucks.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I never said the Budget Player, or any of the rest of you were attacking me, most of you just don't get it because you are male, simple as that. And don't tell me i'm wrong, i'm not. You could never understand something you can never be.
Miss, I wish you saw the world through my psychedelic Rose color glasses.
Just thought I'd let you know, I understand.

For me, I am not afraid of intelligent woman. In fact, a well versed mind is what I appreciate. Someone who can pick up quickly on subjects, someone I can discuss a good read, or a movie, and someone who doesn't thinks what I find irrevalant or stupid.

What I disapprove is people who think they are intelligent, and boss people around because they put them on a level lower than them. I put myself on equal ground with any other person around me, because I don't need competition in my love life. There is no such thing as B*tch, and there is no such thing as a D8ck. It's just rude, inconsiderate people that take other's peoples hearts for granted. Rant to your hearts desire. What's stopping you? A whole bunch of pre-pubesent Virgins? :p

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Indeed I do. To clarify, all ethnic minorities underperform at my university. Even when you compare students with identical grades.

On my course the white students get 7% more than asians on average. I wasn't that surprised personally.
Well a good number of my close friends are asian, and the way they study is different because of the way their parents push them.

Generally we're meant to go through slowly choosing what we want at school and eventually specialising at uni. Thing is, a lot of asians are forced into certain subjects by their parents, and even if they aren't, they're forced to study. The way they study isn't necessarily indicative of their ability to process and use free thinking to either express views or solve problems, it's pretty much 100% pandering to the mark schemes and hoop jumping of our education system. That's great for GCSE and A Level, but not for university where you're required to finally have half a brain cell,

Because of this, a lot of them struggle because their traditional study methods just don't work, and a lot of them were never really intellectually capable or suited for the particular course they chose, it's just that the education system screwed them over.

It's kinda sad too cos it just goes to show how lame our education system is, but I guess it could be worse.

Obviously releasing years of pent up frustration at the school system. X3

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
5am and I am still writing my essay. ohhhhh yea.

edit: ha, you posted just when I did! I'll type a proper response when I'm not doing a 3,000 word essay in all nighter :p

Yeah, the focus group was kind of fun to see what everyone said. Except the one non pc guy (who was serious) :laugh:

I think there's varying reasons Asians perform poorer on my course (medicine). While parents forcing their kids on to courses is true for a significant minority of Asians, I think there are a lot more reasons than that.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
10pm and Im writing mine. Crawkodile. Aaawww yea.

...Luigitoliet, I could do that with d8ck too...

But I would be banned.

and Teran would be a happy dude. :D

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol yeah. I still have 5 hours until Brent Cross opens and I can pick up my 3DS >:/

If you live in London I guess you'd know about Brent Cross. :/

Top Bottom