• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Instead of doing this you could just roomban Merk. No one causes a problem but him,
Grow up. Part of being an adult is taking accountability instead of trying to push all the blame on others. We are all a part of the problem.

and he can clearly just loophole around that rule by commenting on other peoples problems if they mention anything gay.
I won't.

On topic: I expected the shuttles to run until 11:00 tonight like yesterday but they don't. This sucks. I couldn't go home to get something to eat, and I'm too hungry to keep working. I wanted to accomplish more today :glare:

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
It's like....everybody likes to throw their f*cking problems at me like I'm Oprah or some sh*t. It's like, they don't even care that I'm stressing my freaking eyeballs out because it's the 3rd marking period in my last year of high school and I'm trying to actually apply myself this year, but my boyfriends all like "get a job so we can get our own place" and i've been kicked out of my house since I started senior year a total of 3 times.So it's kind of hard to fill out an application WITH NO F*CKING ADDRESS. Not only that, out of the blue people want to know about my sex life like it's any of their fu*king business what I do in privacy. I just want everybody to back the f*ck off and let me PMS for a couple of weeks so I can get my sh*t straight.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
That sucks. :(
I kind of feel the same way with some certain people. Always trying to help people with their problems when they need it but when you need support they're not there or don't have time for you. One way streets are horrible. /:

I'm sorry about the kicked out part, are there any friends you could stay with?
I'd just ask everyone who constantly bothers you with problems if they can just leave you alone for a while. Maybe mention a little of what's going on and just say you need time for yourself to figure some things out. And ignore the people wanting to know about your sex life.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm double checking my geostatistics homework and I'm seeing some errors I made. It sucks trying to fix this on an empty stomach.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Grow up. Part of being an adult is taking accountability instead of trying to push all the blame on others. We are all a part of the problem.
Speak for yourself. If we were all part of the problem then problems would've arised when you were banned. You instead cause problems and unnecessarily aggravate people and now it seems you tell people that they shouldn't push the blame on you, when it's you that's causing the problems.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know Pluvia while Merkuri may have a habit of instigation you have one of perpetuation.

It's a symbiosis that leads to an epic cluster**** of an argument that nobody wants to see. Merk has been told to shut up, he's shutting up. Now it's on you not to poke him with a stick to get him back on it.

Man does nobody have any common sense around here?

This applies to everyone else too, no enticing Merkuri into gay talk.

Man if anything all this bull**** I've just read over is truly the gayest thing I've seen in a while.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Enticing him into it isn't really hard seeing as though any subject ever is enticing enough for him it seems. But he said he'll let the subject lie so I'll lay off him too for now. It seems you know how to defuse me Teran.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wouldn't be much of a mod if I had no mediation skills. :x

Peeze

Smash Master
Tired of my job.
Yeah yeah everyone gets tired of their job, but i love my job! I went to school for the field i work in. So its awesome.
But suddenly I've lost the drive to do it.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Everyone hits low patches in motivation for things, a lot of the time the spark lights up again though.

Rough it out for a while I guess and see if you still feel the same.

soap

Smash Hero
I watched a youtube video earlier tonite with the released photos of the Itamar Massacre Incident in the West Bank

I had read the report but seeing the pictures put me in a really sad/angry/weird mood. Seeing a 3 year old with two stab wounds to the heart, and 3 month old baby girl with her throat slashed.

I was feeling downright murderous about an hour ago, like I wish I was there and could get in a knife fight, ready to slash throats myself.

It is bothering me to feel this way. I grew up with the recurring news of terrorist bombings but something about those pictures ****ed with my head and I can't sleep.

It also bothers me that Netanyahu is using these killings as impetus to further settling expansion. It is downright disrespectful to the deceased. It also almost as if it was some kind of conspiracy in which Israel did it. Or perhaps I have seen V for Vendetta too many times.

Anyway I felt like venting here cuz it was more of a personal problem than a political discussion.

I will calm down hopefully.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Medium mood post but it is a follow up:

Went to eye doctor in town who took my pressure in my eye. My pressure was supposed to be between 11 & 22, and 50+ results in nausea inducing headaches. My pressure was 52 & 60. I don't get nauseous from headaches, but it hurt. No other way to explain it. Had to drive and hour and half to my surgeon where my pressure dropped to 29. He said the previous number was wrong, but the drive up was the worst headache in my life. I could feel my optical nerve throbbing.

He gave me some pressure pills, which suck, and a series of painful eyedrops. He believes the steroid drops caused a reaction. He said it was healing great though.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
That sucks. :(
I kind of feel the same way with some certain people. Always trying to help people with their problems when they need it but when you need support they're not there or don't have time for you. One way streets are horrible. /:

I'm sorry about the kicked out part, are there any friends you could stay with?
I'd just ask everyone who constantly bothers you with problems if they can just leave you alone for a while. Maybe mention a little of what's going on and just say you need time for yourself to figure some things out. And ignore the people wanting to know about your sex life.
The thing is, I like helping people, I don't like helping people when they think they can take advantage of me. That one way street analogy is perfect actually. Me being kicked out is hard at times, but I'd rather stay at a homeless shelter than with some of my friends. All my friends are guys and i'm not close enough with any of them to feel comfortable enough to stay with them. I'm at my house now, but only until I graduate...

The thing is, i'm that girl whom the guys don't really consider a girl. Which sucks because for some reason they think that it's appropriate to treat girls one way and guys another. And they consider me "just one of the guys", which is fine by me. But they are insensitive at times They are cool dudes, but they are douche bags when it comes to like...other people's feelings. :glare:

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
A sort of a bittersweet position, but I recently learned about an awesome language called Lojban, but I don't have the time nor am in the right position to learn it. And I really love languages.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Personally Xian, I think you have to understand that boys are boys and say hurtful things because they are expected to be a man about it. I do think you need a person who is a guy who will treat you like a lady.

I wish you well in your conquest to be awesome at Marth. He is like, mai pocket Main.

OOh, maybe me and v3ctorman can meet you whenever we decide to go to Toronto, since Buffalo is so close.

Edit: I suck at saying unhappy things in the Unhappy Thread....um...They found out I played Minecraft at work and I can't play it no more, so I browse Smashboards all day! :D

Wait, that ended happily. DAAAM ITTTTTT.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Blegh Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday. I got a 41 on a recent chem test which would be awful considering conferences BUT my teacher said he doesnt want to see my dad since he saw him last semester. YES! Dodged that bullet... Was doing great in Spanish but I got a 67 on a test today. BUT he said he doesn't want to see your parents if you got above a 90 on the report card. And a second bullet evaded! Shouldn't be too much to worry about but i just get nervous, you know? PtC is by far the most stressful thing about school.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You know Pluvia while Merkuri may have a habit of instigation you have one of perpetuation.

It's a symbiosis that leads to an epic cluster**** of an argument that nobody wants to see. Merk has been told to shut up, he's shutting up. Now it's on you not to poke him with a stick to get him back on it.

Man does nobody have any common sense around here?

This applies to everyone else too, no enticing Merkuri into gay talk.

Man if anything all this bull**** I've just read over is truly the gayest thing I've seen in a while.
I have common sense. The other two in question sure as hell don't.

=]

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Aren't you supposed to be working 8 hours a day 7 days a week and studying? I'm surprised you have time to come here and stir stuff.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm unhappy that we can't just get along regardless of how many ppp we set ourselves to.

But I still use 40ppp because I feel less like a dork

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
I wish you well in your conquest to be awesome at Marth. He is like, mai pocket Main.

OOh, maybe me and v3ctorman can meet you whenever we decide to go to Toronto, since Buffalo is so close.
The person that was supposed to me my freaking doubles partner/ mentor has decided he wants to main metaknight. So now i'm stuck with this mediocre marth that isn't consistent.

This just proves that Brawl ruins people's lives. :glare:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Aren't you supposed to be working 8 hours a day 7 days a week and studying? I'm surprised you have time to come here and stir stuff.
I'm still working on getting into the damn school in the first place, otherwise yes I would be.

Even with that, I'd still find the time to post on SWF.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So when do you start your 8 hours a day 7 days a week schedule then? Or have you not been accepted yet? Wasn't it supposed to be this month?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
So when do you start your 8 hours a day 7 days a week schedule then? Or have you not been accepted yet? Wasn't it supposed to be this month?
I haven't been accepted yet. I'm supposed to call back on a weekly basis to check up on the status of my application and that was over a month ago. The first two weeks my counselor said that the application was still being processed and she would let me know when anything changed. Three weeks ago I was told that it's now under review and that I'll be notified when something happens, but to still continue to call.

It's about a week past when I was expected to start. There is no waiting list for my vocation and there are opening @ the dorms, so I have no idea why I haven't been started yet. I've mentioned several times that I'm homeless and that I need to get into the dorms ASAP. I'm not sure how much longer my temporary residency where I'm currently at is going to last either. This IS technically the last day I was supposed to live here, but I haven't been notified of anything, so hopefully I'm not kicked out, especially since it's not really within my power to change anything at the moment.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Absolutely nothing, nothing infuriates me as much as PC problems.

omfg i want to throw monitors

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My billion year old 15" CRT can do 1600x1200

That ***** was poppin, but way too fat.

Still makes me lol how such an old piece of equipment could outdo a lot of modern similar sized monitors when it comes to res.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I haven't been accepted yet. I'm supposed to call back on a weekly basis to check up on the status of my application and that was over a month ago. The first two weeks my counselor said that the application was still being processed and she would let me know when anything changed. Three weeks ago I was told that it's now under review and that I'll be notified when something happens, but to still continue to call.

It's about a week past when I was expected to start. There is no waiting list for my vocation and there are opening @ the dorms, so I have no idea why I haven't been started yet. I've mentioned several times that I'm homeless and that I need to get into the dorms ASAP. I'm not sure how much longer my temporary residency where I'm currently at is going to last either. This IS technically the last day I was supposed to live here, but I haven't been notified of anything, so hopefully I'm not kicked out, especially since it's not really within my power to change anything at the moment.
3 weeks ago, the 22nd. On the 10th and the 23rd you seemed pretty certain you'd been accepted. The fact that you were going into job corps made you not bother to search for a job. You briefly mentioned you've been volunteering on the side but you also strongly argued against doing anything but play smash for a month seeing as though you'd be incredibly busy this month. Seems a bit contradictory.

You knew that you might only have a roof over your head for one month and instead of getting as many options as possible, you put all your hopes into one option.

And I'm the one lacking common sense apparently.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
3 weeks ago, the 22nd. On the 10th and the 23rd you seemed pretty certain you'd been accepted. The fact that you were going into job corps made you not bother to search for a job. You briefly mentioned you've been volunteering on the side but you also strongly argued against doing anything but play smash for a month seeing as though you'd be incredibly busy this month. Seems a bit contradictory.

You knew that you might only have a roof over your head for one month and instead of getting as many options as possible, you put all your hopes into one option.

And I'm the one lacking common sense apparently.
I didn't bother looking for a job since I knew that I wouldn't be able to get one in the first place, and because I expected to have been into the program by now, especially considering I already knew that everything was open. There was no indication that it would have taken more than 5 weeks to process and review my application. Especially since I had all of the required information.

As for my housing problems, outside of a shelter, this IS my only option. Things have changed with all of my other potential friends and family, and those are no-longer options, or have already been used for as long as possible.

Also yes I did argue about being put to work, but I ended up having to anyways despite my complaints. For the most part I've been extremely busy with housework, and volunteer work, but I've also had time to smash occasionally on the side.

I like how you go out of your way to find fallacies in my posts, but trust me, they aren't there, and the people within my family, and my friends who all have daily contact with me are more than capable of supporting my case.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
There always seems to be so much excuses in your posts, but you're preaching to the wrong person, I'm just here to get my point across. I doubt anyone here is actually surprised you're not doing a 8 hour day 7 days a week job at the moment, or that you're still in a crappy situation.

I'm not, but I lack common sense apparently so hell what do I know.

Edit: Ninja'd by you Teran, I need to refresh more I spend ages writing. I got my point across anyway so there's nothing more for me to say.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
There always seems to be so much excuses in your posts, but you're preaching to the wrong person, I'm just here to get my point across. I doubt anyone here is actually surprised you're not doing a 8 hour day 7 days a week job at the moment, or that you're still in a crappy situation.

I'm not, but I lack common sense apparently so hell what do I know.

Edit: Ninja'd by you Teran, I need to refresh more I spend ages writing. I got my pint across anyway so there's nothing more for me to say.
You're not really making a point considering you're wrong. I mispredicted how long it would take for my application to be processed and reviewed. If things worked out the way I expected them to have, I would be working my *** off right now.

Also again, it isn't a job, it's a very strict vocational school for low-income.

Top Bottom