• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You don't understand just how unhappy I am right now.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Guys I don't know what to do.

My grandmother is one of those annoying Catholic people who think God is the solution to everything (please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just trying to make a point here). She tells me to believe in God and blah blah blah about praying and w/e

Thing is I'm athiest and I don't believe in all that crap. I'd tell her, but then she'd start being annoying and start saying stuff about the devil possessing me or something and that I need to go to a Catholic school and stuff. If I don't tell her, she'd still be as annoying as she is now

I'm basically at a loss loss here what do I do?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.

My grandmother is one of those annoying Catholic people who think God is the solution to everything (please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just trying to make a point here). She tells me to believe in God and blah blah blah about praying and w/e

Thing is I'm athiest and I don't believe in all that crap. I'd tell her, but then she'd start being annoying and start saying stuff about the devil possessing me or something and that I need to go to a Catholic school and stuff. If I don't tell her, she'd still be as annoying as she is now

Coming from a family of preachers and missionaries I sympathize... but sometimes you can just use some careful tact to go around it.

To be honest, even though I am an atheist, the subject of religion is incredibly fascinating to me. I enjoy talking about the bible, koran etc. with people.

I suggest you have fun with it and learn what you can from her. Learn why she believes the way she does, learn why you happen to be annoyed by her.

L__

Smash Master

stare mindlessly as she lectures you and fill your mind with pleasant things

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Coming from a family of preachers and missionaries I sympathize... but sometimes you can just use some careful tact to go around it.

To be honest, even though I am an atheist, the subject of religion is incredibly fascinating to me. I enjoy talking about the bible, koran etc. with people.

I suggest you have fun with it and learn what you can from her. Learn why she believes the way she does, learn why you happen to be annoyed by her.
The right answer.

stare mindlessly as she lectures you and fill your mind with pleasant things
The easiest answer.

Dude, the key thing in being atheist (mind you I am also Catholic) is being able to accept a belief that is different from yours. If hearing about God is bothering you, maybe it is time to figure out if you truly don't believe in him, or you are denying it yourself, and trying your hardest to run away from that. It's your call. I, an instrument of God's peace, hope you find inner peace in your struggles with your grandma.

...Sorry, totally happy threaded right there.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
@Nick... If only everyone accepted those words then we'd have an easier time with life :p

My idol is a catholic nun and my best friend is catholic... I myself was once and I know a lot about the faith (I frequently quote the bible to find answers to certain questions).

Because of all of this, my problem isn't the beliefs of others... it's more or less my own logical conclusion after studying religions that I cannot believe in something just because I am told about it.

Conversely, "God Warriors" that attack others over their differences are big setbacks I'm sure... I also know this first hand.

Those people aren't worth your time if the sole basis of their hate is due to differences between you and someone else. Don't even try arguing with them... it's like arguing with an indoctrinated brick wall and therefore useless.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yea. When I decided to stay Christian (when I became of age) it was because I fell good knowing that Jesus accepted all people for who they were, and I try to be an embodiment of that. I find sadness knowing bigot and ignorant Christians don't understand this <_<;

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Mhmm. There are offenses on both sides however it gets annoying how all Christians and all Atheists end up being grouped together... there are individuals within a population. >.>"

Just because a few Christians are bigoted freaks doesn't mean all are... same goes for atheists.

I recently told a good catholic friend of mine I was an atheist... he told me he was shocked because he assumed all atheists were incredible douchebags... not the kind of guy that runs charities at the uni >.>

I took some insult to this... but he said he threw out his assumptions.

Anyway nick... you're one of those people that I'd love to be sharing the future with; glad to know that some people have a head on that neck. :p

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Yea. When I decided to stay Christian (when I became of age) it was because I fell good knowing that Jesus accepted all people for who they were, and I try to be an embodiment of that. I find sadness knowing bigot and ignorant Christians don't understand this <_<;
I'm not sure what you mean by Jesus accepts all people. There are clearly somethings in the bible which he and God say don't do. If you do these things then it's ignorant for you to say that you are living a godly lifestyle.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm bothered that I am going to have to skip group therapy again tomorrow. It's my third time missing it, I think I can just forget connecting with the other members if I do skip the session. Then again maybe group just isn't right for me, especially when I'm taking 20 credits this semester.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what you mean by Jesus accepts all people. There are clearly somethings in the bible which he and God say don't do.
These two sentences have none to do with each other.

Jesus teaches to accept people, I'm not sure how you can't understand this point.

Jesus is considered to be the new Gospel to Christians, replacing the ways of the Old Gospel taught by the old prophets. Whether you believe my load of crock or not is up to you, which I gently respect.

My Ignorance is my own. ^_^

I guess the main thing is, I have found peace with my hypocrisy. Have you found peace with mine?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
These two sentences have none to do with each other.

Jesus teaches to accept people, I'm not sure how you can't understand this point.

Jesus is considered to be the new Gospel to Christians, replacing the ways of the Old Gospel taught by the old prophets. Whether you believe my load of crock or not is up to you, which I gently respect.

My Ignorance is my own. ^_^

I guess the main thing is, I have found peace with my hypocrisy. Have you found peace with mine?

Well to be perfectly precise, Jesus doesn't teach us to accept people so much as to not judge them(there is a difference)

You can keep your ignorance, my point was just that it's silly to do sinful things and expect Jesus or other Christians to be okay with that.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Well to be perfectly precise, Jesus doesn't teach us to accept people so much as to not judge them(there is a difference)

You can keep your ignorance, my point was just that it's silly to do sinful things and expect Jesus or other Christians to be okay with that.
Screw other Christians that don't see what I do, Imma Bause.

Jesus IMO is not God, just one of his many children, like you or me, if you believe that. I'm under the belief that God will forgive whomever he or even she pleases. (LOL GOD IS A GURL)

I'm Christian because I am taught not to Judge others, in turn helps me accept them. Didn't Jesus accept a prostitute and a tax collector into his inner circle? :p Mind you, I speak of him as a philosopher, not a superman.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Screw other Christians that don't see what I do, Imma Bause.

Jesus IMO is not God, just one of his many children, like you or me, if you believe that. I'm under the belief that God will forgive whomever he or even she pleases. (LOL GOD IS A GURL)

I'm Christian because I am taught not to Judge others, in turn helps me accept them. Didn't Jesus accept a prostitute and a tax collector into his inner circle? :p Mind you, I speak of him as a philosopher, not a superman.
Well that's sort of a personal faith, I can respect that, I don't identify myself as a mainstream Christian either.

However the problem in your case is that you willfully and unapologetically sin, with your justification being that God will forgive you. Yeah God forgives whoever he pleases but why would he forgive you when you intentionally live a sinful lifestyle even though you know it is wrong?(Not a rhetorical question)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
This conversation is going to end well.

So I'm annoyed because I think I might be catching my mums cold and I'm on holiday in a week. I better not be bloody ill when I'm down at my cousins.

Edit: And I just felt a bloody spider crawling on my arm! Now usually I'm not even phased by spiders but when I saw this huge bugger I **** a brick. The ******* managed to escape under the couch too.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yeah God forgives whoever he pleases but why would he forgive you when you intentionally live a sinful lifestyle even though you know it is wrong?(Not a rhetorical question)
Never said this.

I actually try my best NOT to sin, and if I do, I ask him for forgiveness for being a bad child. I don't like disrespecting my father like this.

Please have the facts ready before you post. I mean this kindly.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm upset because someone who I thought was room banned is not roombanned.
You shouldn't be upset because someone didn't suffer a misfortune. That is a bad way to think.

I'm not sure I did very well on my Spanish Mid-term and my therapist is disappointed in me for missing group therapy(again), which I did to study more for my Spanish mid-term. Mid-terms week sucks.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Merkuri is a boss. U don need no therapy, except for gratuitous amounts of Smash.

Also, I find fishing to calm the nerves, oddly enough.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Merkuri is a boss. U don need no therapy, except for gratuitous amounts of Smash.

Also, I find fishing to calm the nerves, oddly enough.
I would go to group therapy, but my school work gets in the way. And also I'm not sure how helpful it is to me(and it's 1 hour and 20 minutes >_<)

Also we're cool. I only made those posts because I thought you were gay. Sorry about that.

Edit: I'm about to go check my grades for my Math homework, I don't think it's going to be pretty :urg:

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Nah. I'm not gay.

Just really.

Really.

Really.

Positive.

I try not to stuff religion down people throats. I will state my convictions, but I won't stuff mine down your throat. Respect, my *****.

It's why I am the Happy thread OP. ****ing daisies.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You shouldn't be upset because someone didn't suffer a misfortune. That is a bad way to think.
Unless that "misfortune" was the result of that persons actions.

If someone was to do something worthy of punishment, then being upset that they didn't get punished is a very good way to think.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
and besides, it's a internet forum, the "misfortune" isn't that big unless you are a giant baby.
To some people these forums are a big deal. Don't make fun of the importance that internet forums play in some people's lives. You can be a real jerk sometimes.

On a side note I am entirely discontent at the speed at which I am getting work done lately. I'm fixing that starting now.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the earthquake devastation is quite terrible in japan right now. i've been watching footage since early morning. i'm very concerned

Top Bottom