• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Smash Master
I'm sick of all the little trivial bull**** that anyone should feel silly complaining about that keeps accruing.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You can complain about what you want, no matter how trivial or big.

So anyway its been a week and I still can't book my next theory test because the guy that refused to let me do my test because I forgot that green slip, and who also refused to let my mum make the 4 minute journey to get it, hasn't cancelled my last test. So according to the website I can't book a new test because I already have one booked for the past somehow.

No worries, I can just get in contact with him. Oh wait, he doesn't have a contact number.

Oh well no worries, I can just phone up the driving agency itself and get them to do it. Oh they said they were going to do it, but 4 days later still nothing has changed. Better phone them again, oh wait, they can't do it now they need him to do it, but they can't contact him because he doesn't have a contact number. Well surely someone in the entire company can do it, oh apparently not. They're going to pass me onto the technical team next week because even though they have 5 hours left of the working day, no one is willing to take a few seconds to click cancel on my test that shouldn't be booked.

So because they're taking so long, my next test, which could have been as soon as next week if any of them knew how to do their ****ing jobs properly, can now only be as soon as the 23rd of April. And everyday day I don't book a test the longer I have to wait for one. And every week I have to spend £26 ($42) on another unneeded driving lesson which I can't cancel because I need his car for the test.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm sick of all the little trivial bull**** that anyone should feel silly complaining about that keeps accruing.
I should infract you right now but I'll let it slide.

DON'T DO THIS. It's stupid, needlessly insulting and goes against the very principle of this thread.

if it really bothers you that much then STOP COMING IN HERE and most of all DON'T POST. Nobody here needs it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Hey ignore my last post. Whilst I was sitting here being annoyed my mum got on the phone to them for 2 hours apparently and somehow managed to get a test booked for next Friday.

Happy days.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I was happy until I browsed the unhappy thread.

Serious question: Where are all the nice people on smashboards? All that I've encountered here is mean spirited people who fell that they need to attack people that they don't even know personally.

What's a girl gotta do to get some love around here?!

Smash Master
I should infract you right now but I'll let it slide.

DON'T DO THIS. It's stupid, needlessly insulting and goes against the very principle of this thread.

if it really bothers you that much then STOP COMING IN HERE and most of all DON'T POST. Nobody here needs it.
Whoops. I should have worded it better. I meant stupid stuff that happened to me today that, taken on its own, would be silly to complain about. Like I put too much weight on my sprained ankle, my surge protector broke, my cell phone slid out from under my pillow and fell into the corner under my bed, the juice machine at the co-op I live in ran out, etc... just a bunch of stuff that made me go "D'oh"

Anyway you know what they say about what it is to assume. Right now Xiangcur is bothering me by being a *****.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Whoops. I should have worded it better. I meant stupid stuff that happened to me today that, taken on its own, would be silly to complain about. Like I put too much weight on my sprained ankle, my surge protector broke, my cell phone slid out from under my pillow and fell into the corner under my bed, the juice machine at the co-op I live in ran out, etc... just a bunch of stuff that made me go "D'oh"

Anyway you know what they say about what it is to assume. Right now Xiangcur is bothering me by being a *****.
Bad 1048576! BAD.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord

There is no such thing is unhappyness! Its just a typo meaning Uno-Happy. It means One happy! That means you can only think of One happy thing at the moment, and you're looking for more than one thing to make you happy. I remembered when my parents only had one happy thing to think about, so they tried to get taller by putting loops around their necks, and then jumping off a chair to let gravity make their bodies longer! I swear its true. They looked so happy while they were doing it too! :D

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

There is no such thing is unhappyness! Its just a typo meaning Uno-Happy. It means One happy! That means you can only think of One happy thing at the moment, and you're looking for more than one thing to make you happy. I remembered when my parents only had one happy thing to think about, so they tried to get taller by putting loops around their necks, and then jumping off a chair to let gravity make their bodies longer! I swear its true. They looked so happy while they were doing it too! :D
....she don't look happy. :132:

Smash Lord
Ugh. Worst week ever. Spoiler tags for jerks that don't care.

part 1:
I was preparing 6 pieces of music for a Jazz festival on Friday. Since I'm a section leader I have to get 3 other procrastinators to off their ***** and put 3 of those together by then. They all suck, they are there for scholarship money and nothing else, they probably practice less than an hour a week. One of them skips about every forth rehearsal and shows up about 20 minutes late to the rest of them. One of them can't hit an E flat. Another's tone quality sounds like someone farting. The other doesn't have any interest and does what he sees as the bare minimum. His version of the bare minimum happens to be significantly less than the real deal. Two of them are entirely tone deaf. Two of them don't know more than 3 scales total among their entire lack of music theory whatsoever. They can't adjust to play in tune to save their lives. Anything that I teach them never sticks. They make the same mistakes over and over again even when it doesn't concern the physical ability of playing their instruments. None of them know how to play anything louder than a mezzo piano. They always play into the ground too. So they might as well not even play to begin with because you can't even hear them. None of them can take charge on anything. All they are capable of doing is listening to what I play and mimic it after they've heard it about twenty times. They have absolutely no confidence in their ability, or in this case, the lack thereof. Half the time they don't even play during rehearsal because they are too busy hiding their missing abilities. They are like ****ing level 14 magikarps. No ability's worth mentioning, and entirely unable to learn anything without assistance.

Anyway, aside from all of this, in preparation for this festival. We've lopped off the possibility of learning any new songs for the past two and a half weeks, playing one from last semester, and picking up one that I think a half-decent high school band could pick up in about 3 rehearsals. This semester we've learned a grand total of 2 songs so far. Rewind a year ago, and it was something like 12 from this semester at this point. Frankly, we suck.

Anyway, these three pieces should have been put together a long time ago. I try to schedule sectionals two weeks ago. The only way I could line everybody up to do this was to skip my 8 o'clock class. All three of them ditched. None of them were honestly sorry. One of them tried to fake being sorry, but did a pretty bad job at that. The next day I had to chew them out about how they sucked and didn't have a work ethic. God I never thought I'd live to see the day I'd end up giving that lecture. I'm pretty much the most irresponsible, unmotivated, pos that ever lived. That's my opinion anyway. The only time's we've met since then are times when two of them (not the full group) don't have class immediately following rehearsal when they can't run away. Pathetic to say the least. Oh yeah, the three man simultaneous sectional bail happened again this week.

Oh, by the way, this is just my dissapointments with regards to others. My own personal failures = part 2.
to be continued sometime tonight/tomorrow.

Smash Lord
I'd like to be the first to say, this unhappy thread might get a bit bigger in the next few hours.
Understatement.

part 2

To start off with. The week, as a whole has me overloaded. I have procrastinated quite a bit as of late. I have a paper that I've all but not started on and will require 9+ hours of work, I need to find and watch at least one other movie by Orson Welles, learn about and analyze his use of cinematography. Then I have to do research on him for the routine sources requirements. I still haven't started on this.

A music theory assignment requiring roughly 3 hours of work didn't get done by Tuesday. Another one didn't get done by Friday. I have a midterm in that class next Thursday too. That's gonna be fun.

I had to memorize three pieces of music. This isn't usually difficult for me. But this week I was freaking out about everything. Something you should know about me: the more I'm pressed to meet a deadline, the more I procrastinate. I just can't focus on things under high pressure. This only happened halfway even though I spent a good amount of time with it.

I play trombone and the band director plays saxophone. For those of you not into music, let alone jazz, saxophonists are super technical because of the way their instrument is designed. They can play anything they want at almost any rate for any portion of their range at will. Trombonists on the other hand are limited when using their lower range because of the amount of physical movement involved. So my instructor is having me play a chart at about 220 bpm tackling this specific area of my instrument and is completely insensitive about it. I hate it. In terms you guys might be able to understand. This is the equivalent of being doing a barehanded snowball fight and trying to play some melee fox immediately afterwards. Yeah. It doesn't work. I pretty much had to fake my way through this one, but not because of a lack of musical ability. I had to fake half of it because of physical restrictions. Just dumb.

On Friday. I had to miss my first class because of a combination of waking up later than normal, and needing to get ready. It took me 20-30 minutes to find an appropriate set of clothes. I couldn't' t find a pair of black socks. I later found that I put them in my shoes the day before. Go figure. I also had to try stuff on to make sure that it fit along with packing it up and such. Oh, when I got to school, I realized that I left something at home, so I ended up late because of that.

After a mediocre rehearsal, we left for Pitt state. No buses. We had to do this drive in 3 separate vans. This is really nice and all with all the equipment crammed in. I gotta say, it's nice to have an upright bass cramping you against the side of the van for three hours. I was stuck on the van with a bunch of people I don't talk with much and one person I silently hate. To be honest I don't know how I haven't just lashed out against this guy yet. I'm a better musician in almost every way. He asks a ridiculous amount of stupid questions in a vain attempt to show musical sophistication. He's silently arrogant. He can't tell when my solos are utter garbage and goes on to complement them anyway. He's more irresponsible than me (and that's a mighty insult). He doesn't practice relevant music. Oh and just about his entire personality is fake. Aside from me hating him silently, the ride down was really boring and I was in a position that I couldn't really sleep.

Anyway. I get down there. On the way in, one of our guys sprains his ankle getting out of the car, so he's pretty much hopping on one foot for two whole days looking stupid. Fast forward to the end of the performance (terrible). We have to leave immediately following our performance. So I can't stick around to see some of my friends at Pitt State that I never get to see any more. I wanted to get to hear one of them play but that wasn't going to happen for obvious reasons. Oh, we skipped out on a performance of a high caliber professional group that I really wanted to see too, and only because we had to leave early. It was only 5 o'clock when we left. For someone who's driven to Wichita for 2 out of the last 4 weeks and gotten home after 3 a.m., this is bull****.

On the way back home I'm still cramped and still can't sleep. Jim puts in a recording of what we played. I was devastated. All of my solos were out of tune. A bunch of them, I obviously didn't know what I was doing and blatently missed chord changes as well as lost my spot in the songs form. I didn't show any noteworthy ability speaking from physical, technical, and musical standpoints. A good number of our other soloists did terrible as well, but I was by far, the worst. What makes me rage is that even that guy I absolutely hate showed me up. This comes from not only my opinion, but the clinicians running the festival.

The band as a whole was terrible. There were missed notes all over the place. No one was paying any attention to how they were playing so every high note that was hit sounded forced (crappy). In the feature song for the trombones, the trombones couldn't be heard. A hi hat drowned us out without even trying. The clinicians were also really tired since this was the last performance of the day, so they didn't give us any critiques and didn't really work with us. Instead, they just talked nostalgia and made inside jokes that even a good 80% of the music world doesn't get.

We finnally get back and I need to get some stuff out of the band room along with about half us the band. The campus security phone line or whatever wasn't working so we had to wait about 10-20 minutes in the cold waiting for triangle calls and such to get someone. I ended up falling into a pile of mud while I was waiting.

Next day: another festival. This time, it's at KU.

I intended to sleep in as long as I could. Heh, yeah right. My grandma wakes me up two hours early. I couldn't fall back asleep after that. So I'm tired. I leave on time and make it to Murphy Hall. Me and two other people sat in the building for about twenty minutes wondering where everyone else is. A friend makes a call, and gets told we're supposed to be at the Lied center. So we're about to leave when he calls his friend back and finds out it was still at Murphy hall and we were just in the wrong part of the building. We spend about 10 minutes walking through and around the building before we find where we need to go. At this point in time I'm late. I have about twenty minutes to get stuff out my car change clothes, warm up and get on stage. What's really nice is that I forgot my dress shoes, so I was wearing a pair of 10$ tennis shoes with grass and mud on them. Oh, and I had to wear white socks too. Needless to say, I looked like an idiot in those shoes combines with a blazer and slacks. Oh, and when I try to close the bag or whatever I'm keeping my clothes in, the zipper breaks off at the top leaving the entire bag sealed shut. This is awesome because I kept all of my music in there for convenience, and needed to get it out for the performance. So I had to pretty much tear open the bag to get going on time.

This performance was only slightly better than the day before. Copy+Paste everything that happened in this performance the day before.

Anyway. After this, I stick around because I want to refine what little social skills I have, so I hang out, listen to some performances, and talk a bit. Fast forward a few hours and we're about to go somewhere to eat. In discussing where we were going to go, I ended up saying something that came out blatently sexist directly to 1 of the 2 women in our group. It was a bad case of not thinking before talking. She was pretty mature about it but this just made me feel worse. After we got done eating. I decided to follow the crowd, not knowing where it was going. (Gee I wonder how this could end up) So yeah, we walk into this store selling a variety of weird stuff and oddities. We get upstairs and the whole group decides to check some special merchandise out. At one point they are requesting ID to see if we are 18 or not. I'm thinking, well whatever, at this point, so I go ahead. Bad idea. I'm looking around trying to figure out why there's an 18+ restriction and I just can't figure it out. I see a whole ton of 100$+ glass pipes and just sat there dumbfounded about how all of that could cost so much and why anyone would want to buy one of these things. This time I'm smart and I don't ask questions. I watch two from our group buy a few of these and I just sat there for a while. Man, I honestly gotta say, finding out that your the only person in your group that doesn't smoke weed is just outright betraying. What bothers me the most is that no one said anything to me beforehand. God, if any of my family members heard about me going there, I'd get hell for weeks on end. The only good thing in all of this, is that I look like I do enough drugs (even though I've never even had a cigarette) that I didn't look entirely out of place.

To be honest, drug use is fine with me, I just think it's more of a common courtesy decencey to let those around you know what's going on. I don't want to get caught around somebody I don't know super well doing pot related stuff like this. At the very least it should be done either in their house where they can't be seen, or at 1-5 in the morning where half of the world is asleep.

This is fairly important to me because I look so much like raging drug addict that it's not even funny. I have long hair, I have the dark sunken eyes. A good half of the time I have a beard out of laziness. From time to time, I do that thing where I scratch my neck subconsiously. My eyes become shot frequently from how many video games I play and how late I stay up. Hell, I sound like a freaking hippie when I talk too, both in content, speed, and inflection. I'm going to be the first person a cop looks at if I get caught in a group.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I hate Romeo and Juliet

I could care less about what Shakespeare wrote. I hate all his literature and all his poetry. I'm serious about it. It's not even the complexity or the fact that it's old English, I just don't like his writing period.

And it's worse when you get little sleep so you're nearly falling asleep everytime you open up that book

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wow, I was happy until I browsed the unhappy thread.

Serious question: Where are all the nice people on smashboards? All that I've encountered here is mean spirited people who fell that they need to attack people that they don't even know personally.

What's a girl gotta do to get some love around here?!
All the people that aren't mean spirited aren't on the internet.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
LUIGITOILET!

HEY!

*waves arms above head furiously*

HEY!

LOOO

EEEE

GEEE

TOOOOIILLLL

EEEEEE-

*catches attention*

Yes!

*points to thread icon with arms still above head*

THREAADDDD IICCCCOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It was a beautiful day 2 days ago, lovely and warm with bright blue skies. It rained a little yesterday but by 3 o'clock it was back to being dry again. Woke up a few moments ago, looked out the window:

****. I'm going back to bed.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
It was a beautiful day 2 days ago, lovely and warm with bright blue skies. It rained a little yesterday but by 3 o'clock it was back to being dry again. Woke up a few moments ago, looked out the window:

****. I'm going back to bed.
Hah, I would kill for such weather. I know shoveling excessive amounts of snow is probably a pain, but at the rate it snows in AZ, I really doubt I would care. Snow is awesome :) Too bad its almost in the 80s now :(

Grandeza

Smash Master
I got a 41 on a take-home quiz =\ It's 100% my fault. I'm so lazy and procrastinate so much that I did it in school before the class when I could have done it at home with the help of the internet. I really shouldn't feel sorry for myself since it's due to my own stupidity. I just hope my teacher doesn't bring it up with my parents at the parent teacher conferences next week. I guess I'm lucky since for this report card we only get letter grades(E, S, N, or U). I'm just praying I get an S. My parents will kill me if they find out about the 41 or if i get an N. I'll just need to come up with a really damn good excuse =\ God I'm so stupid D: I better study super hard for my next test.

Top Bottom