• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Merkuri

Smash Lord
My therapist canceled my appointment this week so that she could go to a conference. I really don't think she understands how important she is to her patients. **** it all I could really benefit from our appointment this week.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Can't, they're allowed to do what they did. I could've made it home and back in time though, even my mum who was waiting out in the car said she could go home and get it for me, but they still wouldn't let me sit it. That's pretty much the only thing I would be able to file a complaint about I guess but it'd just be pointless and wouldn't achieve anything anyway, I wouldn't get my money back, so I'm not going to bother.
well do you have to pay for the next time?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I can't even comprehend how someone can seriously consider suicide. A serial killer could strike down every member of my family (knock on wood) and I still wouldn't do it, as depressed as I would be.

But then again it's all psychological and I've never been in that position before so I have no room to talk.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know, I probably would have contemplated suicide at some point in my life were I not so **** scared of my own mortality.

I don't wanna die. :(

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I'm Unhappy because where I work, they don't want to pay the Microsoft exam 70-536 to complete my MCTS Microsoft Certification. :(

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You know, I probably would have contemplated suicide at some point in my life were I not so **** scared of my own mortality.

I don't wanna die. :(
Same here. As pathetic as it sounds I'm absolutely terrified of dieing.

The idea of just not... existing anymore scares the living **** out of me. It's a fear I can't even explain and even goes beyond my own comprehension.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
At least your fear is generally reasonable. Compared to many other fears people have anyways. Such as mine >__>

gamax92

Smash Rookie
I cant get onto The Galaxy. I wanna play a game!!! Please some one test if The Galaxy is running and is up or if it down.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
job corps is a vocational school, not a job.

also i learned wednesday that they also require 120 hours of volunteer work for graduation. i've been volunteering on the side whilst i wait to be accepted. i'm hoping those hours transfer over. =]

also i learned assembly line is pretty awesome, and is exactly what i look for in work. i don't like it, but i don't dislike it, and my skills adhere to whats required. i'm organized, and a quick efficient worker.

=]
Yeah, I really wanted an assembly line type job through college, but where I live it isn't happening. Fast food it is...

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hey there guys. If it ain't too much trouble, could y'all help me with a relationship problem?

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for about 2 months now. I think she's staying in the friend zone though. She never really says anything to me or does anything with me that she wouldn't do with other friends of hers. (this gets a little stupid and cheesy. just a fair warning) whenever i try to compliment her (in a relationship type of way) she'll just say thanks and won't even return the favor. Also when she's texting me....you know what? i think you get the picture by now. Just another friend zone case.

As i said before, we've only been going out for about 2 months, so it's still pretty early. But she hasn't even spoken to me in anything other than a friendly way. Any ways to get out of "the friend zone"?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Hey there guys. If it ain't too much trouble, could y'all help me with a relationship problem?

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for about 2 months now. I think she's staying in the friend zone though. She never really says anything to me or does anything with me that she wouldn't do with other friends of hers. (this gets a little stupid and cheesy. just a fair warning) whenever i try to compliment her (in a relationship type of way) she'll just say thanks and won't even return the favor. Also when she's texting me....you know what? i think you get the picture by now. Just another friend zone case.

As i said before, we've only been going out for about 2 months, so it's still pretty early. But she hasn't even spoken to me in anything other than a friendly way. Any ways to get out of "the friend zone"?
Try setting the mood then kissing her.

Edit: If you're too shy for that, take her out to an amusement park or something and hold hands with her. Start somewhere.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Straight up ask her "are we dating or are we just friends?"

the ambiguity and confusion is worse than anything she could say.
Ignore this suggestion. If she isn't that into you then you're going to push her away.

The fact you're not sure where you two stand means that she probably isn't sure either, and she probably isn't how she feels about you either. Your goal at this point should be to make her more into you.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ignore this suggestion. If she isn't that into you then you're going to push her away.

The fact you're not sure where you two stand means that she probably isn't sure either, and she probably isn't how she feels about you either. Your goal at this point should be to make her more into you.
If she "isn't that into" him then why are they "dating"? You aren't going to "make her more into you" with anything you say or a kiss or holding her hand. Being honest and on-the-nose with your significant other makes for a healthy relationship, something I'm not so sure Merkuri knows much about.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
If she "isn't that into" him then why are they "dating"? You aren't going to "make her more into you" with anything you say or a kiss or holding her hand. Being honest and on-the-nose with your significant other makes for a healthy relationship, something I'm not so sure Merkuri knows much about.
Well seeing as how pretty much all you do is defend gay rights on these boards I don't think you understand heterosexual relationships, what you suggest would probably work if he was dating another guy but girls are different.

The fact that she is going out with him means that she likes him somewhat, the problem is that she doesn't like him enough. Kissing or holding her hand gives her the extra nudge needed to push himself out of the friend zone, charm is obviously going to be a part of it but physical contact goes a long way.

@Merkuri i would but there's no amusement parks where i live (Arkansas can be verrry boring -.-)

Also i am kinda shy, but i could try that.
Yeah I figured you were pretty shy. It doesn't have to be an amusement park. Just go anywhere fun that you need to walk around a lot, and then hold her hand.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
If she "isn't that into" him then why are they "dating"?
i think there's different levels of attraction in early teenage relationships.

As in, since we're still kinda early in the relationship, and we're still just teenagers, maybe she's not completely sure how much she's into me atm. I mean, I'm the one who made the first move, and she's the kind of person who's too nice to say no for some stuff.

That's just my assumption and opinion on it though.

EDIT: wow, double ninja'd

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
That's understandable. I still think you should bring these problems up and try to clear the confusion. You COULD try and move forward with a kiss or something and see how it plays out but there is nothing wrong with trying to talk things out.

But apparently that is just something homos do according to Merkuri.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Y'all quit arguing already.

No offense, but it's pointless.

Sure, y'all disagree on some stuff, but y'all COULD nicely resolve your differences. Or at least agreeing to disagree.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
No, not really. What you said there just confirmed my observation that you don't know much about relationships. Also, equating someone who defends gay rights with being gay themselves is insulting on several different levels. As if someone couldn't defend basic human decency without being directly affected by it in their own life.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Don't worry. We have been around and around on this topic many times and that's the last I'm going to say on it. If Merk pushes it then that's on him. He's already teetering on the edge of a roomban so...

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well seeing as how pretty much all you do is defend gay rights on these boards I don't think you understand heterosexual relationships.
Well as a gay boy who's probably seen more punny than you, let me just interject.

See physically there is a difference in the relationships, but the basic ground rules are the same. Honesty and openness being one of them. If someone isn't sexually attracted to you, that's it. Have you ever just suddenly changed your mind about some girl (one that hasn't altered her appearance drastically)? I didn't think so, because your sexual feelings don't just go wheey and shift to big butts overnight if you liked pancake behinds before.

Anyway, if you're working at an actual relationship with someone, you need full closure and honesty. I mean yes, you can get off a lot on deception and underhandedness, but that's not the foundation of a successful relationship.

So what LT said was simply a ground rule for a relationship, that is, setting the record straight and maintaining honesty and trust.

It doesn't matter if you're gay, lez, bi, mother and son, etc, honestly, it's beyond even sexuality. To achieve a truly close relationship, you have to be honest and maintain clarity.

This is why I avoid relationships like the plague, you see.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
anyway thanks for the help.

I'll probably try the holding her hand/kissing (sorry, can't resist). If she freaks out i'll ask her like L-Toilet said.

EDIT: again, ninja'd

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Well as a gay boy who's probably seen more punny than you, let me just interject.

See physically there is a difference in the relationships, but the basic ground rules are the same. Honesty and openness being one of them. If someone isn't sexually attracted to you, that's it. Have you ever just suddenly changed your mind about some girl (one that hasn't altered her appearance drastically)? I didn't think so, because your sexual feelings don't just go wheey and shift to big butts overnight if you liked pancake behinds before.

Anyway, if you're working at an actual relationship with someone, you need full closure and honesty. I mean yes, you can get off a lot on deception and underhandedness, but that's not the foundation of a successful relationship.

So what LT said was simply a ground rule for a relationship, that is, setting the record straight and maintaining honesty and trust.

It doesn't matter if you're gay, lez, bi, mother and son, etc, honestly, it's beyond even sexuality. To achieve a truly close relationship, you have to be honest and maintain clarity.

This is why I avoid relationships like the plague, you see.
Why do gay people equate everything with sex? *rolls eyes*. Firstly I'm not so shallow where the principle thing for me is(I believe this applies to a lot of heterosexual men). And YES! I have changed my mind about a girl who didn't alter her appearance drastically, what drew me to her was her change in character.

Any relationship expert will tell you that pure honesty isn't what helps to form a relationship. In fact the mystery of your partner is part of the allure, and part of seduction is tied to what your significant other doesn't know about you. Asking if it's ok to kiss her does not always work as well as simply kissing her when the mood is right. In fact it often works better. If you're good at reading relationships you often don't need to ask if it's ok to touch her(you should at least know this :rolleyes:) it's intuitive and you simply know if it's right.

I think the reason you avoid relationships like the plague is because you are far too fixated on the sexual aspect of it. I really hope you are not representative of the gay male population.

anyway thanks for the help.

I'll probably try the holding her hand/kissing (sorry, can't resist). If she freaks out i'll ask her like L-Toilet said.

EDIT: again, ninja'd
I'm happy I could help :)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think the reason you avoid relationships like the plague is because you are far too fixated on the sexual aspect of it. I really hope you are not representative of the gay male population.
Well actually it's because I'm in love with someone and it feels awkward being intimate with other people but it's nice for you to make assumptions like that.

Oh and mystery and allure is for courting, not the actual relationship.

Healthy relationships are about honesty, if you have something to hide, then you're doing it wrong.

Edit: Also physical attraction is physical attraction. It can't be influenced by character. I'm sorry but it's true. There are people who I'm really not fond of but I can't deny they are very attractive.

A change in personality is not a trigger for sexual attraction, it just makes them compatible for long term dating.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Well actually it's because I'm in love with someone and it feels awkward being intimate with other people but it's nice for you to make assumptions like that.

Oh and mystery and allure is for courting, not the actual relationship.

Healthy relationships are about honesty, if you have something to hide, then you're doing it wrong.

Edit: Also physical attraction is physical attraction. It can't be influenced by character. I'm sorry but it's true. There are people who I'm really not fond of but I can't deny they are very attractive.

A change in personality is not a trigger for sexual attraction, it just makes them compatible for long term dating.

Lol dude, speak for yourself. I find it insulting that you assume everyone is as shallow as you are.

Reread the posts again. Their relationship is just beginning, they are still in the courting process. In the future please don't ''interject'' if you don't know what we are talking about.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Lol dude, speak for yourself. I find it insulting that you assume everyone is as shallow as you are.
I'm a scientist, I know how these things work, since I'm not stuck with the bull**** ideas that society deludes itself with.

Reread the posts again. Their relationship is just beginning, they are still in the courting process. In the future please don't ''interject'' if you don't know what we are talking about.
Yeah but in the beginning I mentioned it was about getting clarity. As in, asking the ***** "are you jerking my chain or what?", because honestly if you're not going to set the record straight, a girl will trample all over your paper backbone and chew you out an emo wreck.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm a scientist, I know how these things work, since I'm not stuck with the bull**** ideas that society deludes itself with.

Nah, you're just shallow. No science is going to tell anyone that attraction is linked solely with physical appearance. In fact that's beyond being shallow, it's being stupid as well. So tell Mr. ignorant, do you think it's possible for someone to be attracted to an ugly person.

Yeah but in the beginning I mentioned it was about getting clarity. As in, asking the ***** "are you jerking my chain or what?", because honestly if you're not going to set the record straight, a girl will trample all over your paper backbone and chew you out an emo wreck.
Lol, I guess we have absolutely no idea why you become gay. My point is that he can pretty much infer how she feels about him. If he likes her then it's simply up to him to get her to like him more. It's doable. It's called seduction.[/COLOR]

On a side note: I kind of missed how into me a girl who I was talking to about an hour ago was. I knew that she had a crush on me, but she was semi-subtly(only semi) coming on to me. I probably could have ****ed her. I can be really absent minded sometimes :urg:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Nah, you're just shallow. No science is going to tell anyone that attraction is linked solely with physical appearance. In fact that's beyond being shallow, it's being stupid as well. So tell Mr. ignorant, do you think it's possible for someone to be attracted to an ugly person.
Nobody said attraction was solely based on physical appearance, but it's a very important part. That's how it goes, it's called human instinct. We're animals, get over yourself.

Lol, I guess we have absolutely no idea why you become gay. My point is that he can pretty much infer how she feels about him. If he likes her then it's simply up to him to get her to like him more. It's doable. It's called seduction.
I was gay at the onset of puberty, and I've never had relationship troubles with girls because not being attracted to them allowed me to be far more callous. I've tasted muff from all four corners of the world, and if you can't it up to it, then that's really all there is to it.

Seduction is also done by not beating around the bush like a limp ****ed ***got and just getting right to it. It's called efficiency.

On a side note: I kind of missed how into me a girl who I was talking to about an hour ago was. I knew that she had a crush on me, but she was semi-subtly(only semi) coming on to me. I probably could have ****ed her. I can be really absent minded sometimes :urg:
Another day, another opportunity. Get it before she dries up.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Again Merk, again.
:glare: quit pointing fingers at me, this argument was less about homosexuality and more about Teran's narrow minded view of relationships.

I'm unhappy that homophobes exist.
I'm not a homophobe and I resent being called such. I happen to have friends who are homosexuals. Not everyone who doesn't agree withe very aspect of homosexuality is a homophobe.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I'm not a homophobe and I resent being called such. I happen to have friends who are homosexuals. Not everyone who doesn't agree withe very aspect of homosexuality is a homophobe.

I wasn't calling you one, I said it as a general statement with no direct target. Basically I dislike anyone who hates on others for some reason they define as "out of the norm", but homophobes stand out among the rest.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This argument is over. A debate over homosexuality has no place in this thread and is the reason why the last Unhappy Thread was locked. If you want to debate about this, join the debate hall or take it to PMs.

Please, get back on topic everyone :) Discussion is encouraged, petty arguments are not.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
My great grandmother has gone terminal.

I am not surprised considering how old she was, but still it is upsetting.

Top Bottom