• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My mum was the complete opposite, she couldn't care less what I did as long as it didn't affect her. I could dissappear for the whole day/weekend and she wouldn't ask where I was. She is a super feminist who spends almost every chance she has to degrade men and point out how much smarter women are than men etc. She didn't care about my schoolwork, just that I either had to go to uni or have a job when I left (I had neither) so she threw me out when I was 16.

And she still did a better job than my dad, who had no input whatsoever. Not even a birthday or christmas card. Heck, not even a phone call.
You know you should remind her if her being a woman made her so smart, she wouldn't have ended up with a man who'd just disappear on her.

Houdini husbands can be spotted from a mile away.

LOL

Word

Merkuri

Smash Lord
what does that matter? inflammatory posts that are just begging for attention aren't good, even if he's not "trolling"
Honestly what is with you equalists. There was nothing inflammatory about my post. I was just making an observation

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I'm at my first year at uni, and I'm doing terribly. I'm terrible at doing work, revising etc. and always have been. I never worked hard in highschool, and whilst I cruised through the first five years easily, I failed half my course in my final year.

Now, I might just be incredibly lazy by nature. But honestly, I don't believe that's the case.

I used to be terrified of the future, to the point where thinking about it would cause me to hyperventilate, and on a couple of occassions, suffer from a panic attack.

Thankfully it's not as bad as it used to be. However, it's still unpleasant to consider. In day to day life I prefer to do what pleases me now, rather than what would be beneficial in the future. I put off work and looking for a part time job because it doesn't please me now.

Maybe I'm just childish by nature, maybe I am lazy, maybe my BS theory holds true. But regardless, I don't know what to do to motivate me to do something. I really can't afford to slack (uni is pricey and I'd like to get education over and done with), and I need to make a change. I just don't know where to start.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Or you could just not respond to him people. He's trying to stir up stuff because it's what he does, regardless of what he says just ignore him he's begging for attention.

I'm posting here about my problems, no matter what he tries to make you think, Merks not involved in them in any way. He'll reply to this but just ignore it too.

Edit:

Seikend, ask your parents for advice, tell them what you told us. Chances are they'll tell you to work for your future, and they'll be right. Everyone is afraid of the future at some point, just work towards what will make life easiest for you.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure he's not trolling..
For trolling infractions, it doesn't matter whether he believes what he's saying or not. What matters is the intentions behind the post. Merkuri knows, or should be aware by this point, that for him to bring up homosexuality is just going to make other posters angry. I personally believe that Merkuri is smart enough to recognize this fact. That he continues to make posts about it indicates to me that, at best, he doesn't care that it will make other people mad. More likely, his intention is to make other people mad.

It's the same reason that posters in the smash areas of the site get infracted for saying things like, "Man, Brawl sucks so much." They might really feel that way, but since their opinion contributes nothing and will only incite anger and drama, and almost certainly are aware that this will be the reaction, they are infracted for trolling.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I need to make a change. I just don't know where to start.

1. Figure out what you gotta do.
  2. Take a deep breath.
  3. Do what you gotta do.
  4. You're allowed to breath again when you're done with step three.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Moving on to another topic...

I'm at my first year at uni, and I'm doing terribly. I'm terrible at doing work, revising etc. and always have been. I never worked hard in highschool, and whilst I cruised through the first five years easily, I failed half my course in my final year.

Now, I might just be incredibly lazy by nature. But honestly, I don't believe that's the case.

I used to be terrified of the future, to the point where thinking about it would cause me to hyperventilate, and on a couple of occassions, suffer from a panic attack.

Thankfully it's not as bad as it used to be. However, it's still unpleasant to consider. In day to day life I prefer to do what pleases me now, rather than what would be beneficial in the future. I put off work and looking for a part time job because it doesn't please me now.

Maybe I'm just childish by nature, maybe I am lazy, maybe my BS theory holds true. But regardless, I don't know what to do to motivate me to do something. I really can't afford to slack (uni is pricey and I'd like to get education over and done with), and I need to make a change. I just don't know where to start.

Man, I am in the same boat as you are. Life outside of the typical, everyday going to school and living the life of a normal young adult is stressful. So much is dropped on you with the title of being an "adult" in the "real world" and it can be hard to manage.

You said you are having trouble succeeding in your courses. Is this dealing with you not understanding the material, or are you just not interested? My college provides easily accessible tutoring as well as guidance councilors to help people with these problems. Don't be ashamed to get tutoring or visit a councilor because everyone needs a little help or pick-me-up at least once in their life. You need to set goals and dreams that you want to achieve. Always keep those dreams in your mindset, and tell yourself you can do it. If you have no dreams, you have no motivation to succeed, because what will you be succeeding for?

Everyone is afraid of the future, even if they don't want to admit it. It is a lot to think of "how will I afford a car, or a house, or payments?" Trust me though, it is all manageable. You see millions of people in the world, you see your parents and relatives and friends, and they are all managing this, why can't you? You are lucky because this is the time in your life where you can go down the path to what you truly want to be, with endless possibilities. Like I said earlier, set dreams, and make those dreams a reality, who or what's stopping you?

"I prefer to do what pleases me now, rather than what would be beneficial in the future." There is nothing wrong with this. My father always told me this saying through my childhood, he said that "If I get into a career that I love doing, I will never work a day in my life." If you like to game, then why not try to make a career out of it? There are plenty of people who loves games who went out and created some of the greatest game franchises of all time.

Sorry to write out all of this, but I can relate entirely. I love trying to help people, which has led me to a dream of becoming a psychiatrist. If it is what I love doing, then I am fine with that. I really wish you luck in making it through this mess, but seriously, it will get better in the future. Just hold strong, man :)

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
  1. Figure out what you gotta do.
  2. Take a deep breath.
  3. Do what you gotta do.
  4. You're allowed to breath again when you're done with step three.
Not breathing for the remainder of the semester?

I got this.

but seriously, I get your point. Self impose some punishment or motive to do it.

Seikend, ask your parents for advice, tell them what you told us. Chances are they'll tell you to work for your future, and they'll be right. Everyone is afraid of the future at some point, just work towards what will make life easiest for you.
I'll be honest, I'm not too sure what asking my parents would do. The thing is, I know I need to work. But regardless of that knowledge, the motivation isn't there. I haven't asked my parents about it though, so I might give it a bash.

Moving on to another topic...

Man, I am in the same boat as you are. Life outside of the typical, everyday going to school and living the life of a normal young adult is stressful. So much is dropped on you with the title of being an "adult" in the "real world" and it can be hard to manage.

You said you are having trouble succeeding in your courses. Is this dealing with you not understanding the material, or are you just not interested? My college provides easily accessible tutoring as well as guidance councilors to help people with these problems. Don't be ashamed to get tutoring or visit a councilor because everyone needs a little help or pick-me-up at least once in their life. You need to set goals and dreams that you want to achieve. Always keep those dreams in your mindset, and tell yourself you can do it. If you have no dreams, you have no motivation to succeed, because what will you be succeeding for?

Everyone is afraid of the future, even if they don't want to admit it. It is a lot to think of "how will I afford a car, or a house, or payments?" Trust me though, it is all manageable. You see millions of people in the world, you see your parents and relatives and friends, and they are all managing this, why can't you? You are lucky because this is the time in your life where you can go down the path to what you truly want to be, with endless possibilities. Like I said earlier, set dreams, and make those dreams a reality, who or what's stopping you?

"I prefer to do what pleases me now, rather than what would be beneficial in the future." There is nothing wrong with this. My father always told me this saying through my childhood, he said that "If I get into a career that I love doing, I will never work a day in my life." If you like to game, then why not try to make a career out of it? There are plenty of people who loves games who went out and created some of the greatest game franchises of all time.

Sorry to write out all of this, but I can relate entirely. I love trying to help people, which has led me to a dream of becoming a psychiatrist. If it is what I love doing, then I am fine with that. I really wish you luck in making it through this mess, but seriously, it will get better in the future. Just hold strong, man :)
Well, just first off, there's no need to apologise, I really do appreciate it.

The course itself generally isn't that complex, Scottish first year is notoriously easy. There's two issues: lecture attendance, and coursework. My sleeping pattern is irregular to say the least. A lot of the time I'm just tired in the middle of the day and I'd rather go to bed than sit through a lecture. Also I often have my own personal projects that I'd rather stick to than attend lectures. he lectures are fine, they're usually interesting enough for me to pay attention. It's just attending them in the first place that's the problem.

I guess this isn't too difficult to fix, if I can sort out the sleeping issue.

Coursework is a different matter. The coursework you do throughout the year makes up the majority of your grade, the final exam is around 40% I believe. Honestly, I find a lot of it dull. The course material is so general in first year that most of the time it's of no interest to me. And if I'm not interested, I struggle to work.

I'm not too sure what to do about this. I know that in later years the course will be more specific to my interests, but it doesn't make the current bland work any more exciting to do.

The dreams thing is something I'm seriously going to have to sit down and think about for a while. I've never been sure about what I wanted to do with my life. I pretty much chose my university course at the last possible moment, because I had to. I went to a private high school because my parents wanted me to, and I just accepted it and just cruised through school with no concern for grades. I don't know where I want to live, what I want to be doing, nothing.

I guess that's bad, huh. I understand the need for goals as a motivator. I'll try and work on it.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help guys. I don't expect to get it sorted anytime soon, but I'll start working on it. Thank you.

On a semi-related note, I decided on taking Psychology at Uni to go into counselling for the same reason as you. I just didn't want to take medicine haha.

Also, apologies for how messily this is written. Just a brain dump basically >_>.

Gatlin

Well, just first off, there's no need to apologise, I really do appreciate it.

The course itself generally isn't that complex, Scottish first year is notoriously easy. There's two issues: lecture attendance, and coursework. My sleeping pattern is irregular to say the least. A lot of the time I'm just tired in the middle of the day and I'd rather go to bed than sit through a lecture. Also I often have my own personal projects that I'd rather stick to than attend lectures. he lectures are fine, they're usually interesting enough for me to pay attention. It's just attending them in the first place that's the problem.

I guess this isn't too difficult to fix, if I can sort out the sleeping issue.
Sleeping issues can be fixed fairly easily, so I believe you are in luck there. Is your course in the morning or noon? Try to give yourself plenty of time before your class to get ready. Even if it means simply setting your alarm 20 minutes earlier, that is still 20 minutes more than you had before. It can and will probably be difficult to adjust to a new sleep schedule if you desire to make one. Over time though, continuing to wake up at a specific time, your sleep schedule will develop on its own until it becomes a natural habit. At least that is what the goal would be.

If you don't mind me asking, what personal projects are you working on? I know I said that you should set goals to get into a career that you want to do, but first you need to set priorities to get there. There are things you want to do, and things you need to do. Even if those things you need to do aren't fun, and in most cases they aren't, just know that in the end you'll be done, and ready to move on to newer and [hopefully] better things.

Maybe it is more of a problem with keeping attention during his lectures. You said "his lectures are fine, they're usually interesting enough for me to pay attention" but then "It's just attending them in the first place that's the problem" and finally what you said before, "A lot of the time I'm just tired in the middle of the day and I'd rather go to bed than sit through a lecture." So really I see a connection between the three quotes, which seem to all revolve around being sleep deprived. Having a good night's sleep is very important, it gives you the energy you need to be able to focus during those lectures. Sometimes even the most interesting things can be uninteresting if you are focused to much on wanting to rest.

Coursework is a different matter. The coursework you do throughout the year makes up the majority of your grade, the final exam is around 40% I believe. Honestly, I find a lot of it dull. The course material is so general in first year that most of the time it's of no interest to me. And if I'm not interested, I struggle to work.

I'm not too sure what to do about this. I know that in later years the course will be more specific to my interests, but it doesn't make the current bland work any more exciting to do.
(If you don't suffer from procrastination, skip the next 2 paragraphs)

Coursework, 9 times out of 10, will be a complete bore to do. No one likes it, and hundreds of million people fall prey to the term "procrastination." Are you given a specific due-date to turn in a bundle of these assignments, or is it more of a nightly workload? The reason why I mentioned procrastination is because a lot of the time when people are given a large amount of work they need to do, all they can think about is "there is so much here, I'd rather be doing that, I'll have plenty of time tonight to finish all this." No they won't, because all the time you find people struggling to finish, staying up until late hours into the night, and struggling to get a 'good night's sleep.'

I am not sure if you fall prey to procrastination or not, but try to get at least half of your work done before 'your' schedule. Doing this may not seem like fun, but at least you won't be up all night, stressing out about trying to get your work done, and losing even more sleep than you already are.

If you aren't a victim of procrastination though, and simply just do not want to do the work, then just know that any grade, no matter if it is 0.01%, is better than a zero. Professors and teachers like seeing you at least attempt to do the work. Having a bunch of zeros or incompletes on your transaction is definitely not a good thing. Even if you don't want to do it at all, at least try to do some of it.

Or maybe you are struggling with the material? Even though you mentioned that the course is easy, there could always be some bumpy steps along the way. Tutoring should always be available to help you, please use it if you are struggling, you won't regret it. Sorry to sound very corny, lol.

"I know that in later years the course will be more specific to my interests" - Always keep this in mind. "It will get better"

The dreams thing is something I'm seriously going to have to sit down and think about for a while. I've never been sure about what I wanted to do with my life. I pretty much chose my university course at the last possible moment, because I had to. I went to a private high school because my parents wanted me to, and I just accepted it and just cruised through school with no concern for grades. I don't know where I want to live, what I want to be doing, nothing.

I guess that's bad, huh. I understand the need for goals as a motivator. I'll try and work on it.
Dreams are what keep people alive. Everyone has something they have always wanted to be, even while children are young they dream of becoming a cowboy, or an astronaut. Personally, I never knew what I wanted to do, I grew up completely oblivious to the world around me, and what power I held in my decisions. I had people always telling me how caring I was. Really, I never thought about being uncaring, it just came natural to me. Truthfully, I never thought about actually using that natural act to my advantage. I always said "I want to become a blah and make tons of money!" That thought in my mind lasted for a long time until it literally clicked, and I knew that even if I could be making tons of money doing something I feel like I need to do, I could be doing something I want or like to do instead.

If you noticed, I replaced the saying I had earlier. If you do what you need to do, you are rewarded with what you want to do. Just imagine it as a huge set of stairs. Sure you wish you could take the elevator and get to where you want to be with no effort, but that won't give you the knowledge you need to do what you want to do. You have to get up those stairs and learn the steps to become what you want to be. Besides, not to worry, those steps don't go on forever, there is eventually an end :)

"I guess that's bad, huh." - It's not bad, it is simply being human. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help guys. I don't expect to get it sorted anytime soon, but I'll start working on it. Thank you.
You are very welcome :088:, just please know you aren't the only one dealing with this. Like I said I am in the same boat as you. Everyone worries about the future at one point in their life, and how they are going to overcome it, but everyone does. You just gotta stay strong though this :p

On a semi-related note, I decided on taking Psychology at Uni to go into counselling for the same reason as you. I just didn't want to take medicine haha.
Well that is awesome! Good luck!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm suprised I managed to string coherent sentences together last night. I need to disable mobile Internet on a Saturday night.

You know you should remind her if her being a woman made her so smart, she wouldn't have ended up with a man who'd just disappear on her.

Houdini husbands can be spotted from a mile away.
That wouldn't have gone down well for a multitude of reasons. Plus it'd make it look like I'm saying she made a bad choice, which is a massive insult to me and my sisters. I'd basically be begging her to resent us because of him.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I need advice.

My parents divorced years ago and I ended up staying with my dad. After a chain of events where I find out what actually happened to cause the divorce, along with the poor treatment I got from her back when I was a kid, I ended up disliking her. I REALLY don't want her back in my life because of that and she sent me a friend request on FB today. I really don't wanna accept it because I haven't talked to her in years and it's guaranteed she'll try to get back in contact with me if I do.

What do I do?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I need advice.

My parents divorced years ago and I ended up staying with my dad. After a chain of events where I find out what actually happened to cause the divorce, along with the poor treatment I got from her back when I was a kid, I ended up disliking her. I REALLY don't want her back in my life because of that and she sent me a friend request on FB today. I really don't wanna accept it because I haven't talked to her in years and it's guaranteed she'll try to get back in contact with me if I do.

What do I do?
Accept the friend request and seeing if redeveloping a relationship with her is still possible. If she is still the dislikable person she was before then cease contact with her. If not then you may have a mother again.

Gatlin

I need advice.

What do I do?
You aren't forced to accept it if you don't want to. It could be she wants to ask you something, or like you said try to get in touch with you again. Even if you accept her friend request, she is not permanently placed within your friends list. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, or if she is making you feel pressured, you can always just remove or block her. I noticed you said "I REALLY don't want her back in my life" so really the decision is up to you.

Do you want to know what she has to say? If yes, accept the friend request and find out. Once she starts making you feel uncomfortable, you can always reverse, and pretend like it never happened. If she truly has no potential to have contact with you outside of Facebook, then you have nothing to worry about. If you don't care what she has to say at all, either reject or ignore the friend request. Although you never know, people can change over time, she may just be wanting to apologize.

Have you told your dad about her sending you one? Even though it may make the situation awkward or uncomfortable, he can still give you advice on what to do. I don't know how well his and her relationships are though, dependent on that, should also determine if you should let him know about it, or not.

I'm sorry you're in that situation :(

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That wouldn't have gone down well for a multitude of reasons. Plus it'd make it look like I'm saying she made a bad choice, which is a massive insult to me and my sisters. I'd basically be begging her to resent us because of him.
Naw, children are always a blessing.

BUT

That does remind me, oftentime if my mum gets angry at me, I'll just tell her it's her problem for not having an abortion, since I never asked to be born. She doesn't talk to me for a while after I say stuff like that, but hey what can I say it's the truth.

July

Smash Apprentice
My uncle's girlfriend told my uncle she refused to eat his dry hamburgers. He preceded to throw on at her head. She called the cops on him, and he had to leave or get arrested. Who in the hell calls the cops for throwing a hamburger??

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
See that's why you don't let men in the kitchen, eventually the cops will get called.

I need advice.

What do I do?
First, tell your dad. Second, write to her over facebook mail rather than accepting her friends request. If you accept her request it'll really ruin facebook for you, everytime you go onto it you'll be reminded of her, so she'll always be haunting you.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
An update on my homelessness situation:

I spent from last Monday afternoon until Saturday morning in Hereford with Nicknyte. We smashed with v3ctorman and just shot the **** until Thursday morning where we departed for Tucson for orientation with Fred G. acosta Job Corps. I passed the screening process and have an interview with the school counselors in 50 minutes. If this goes well I will be living in their dorms for the next year, getting my G.E.D., my Drivers License, and most importantly, begin working towards a career in plumbing.

In 6 days it will have been two months since I was given my weeks notice to get my **** packed and get out, and and during the time I feel like I've evolved significantly as a person. Even though I have had help from people who care about me, it has been tough. Arizona has been having record-breaking low temperatures so everywhere I've stayed this past week has had broken pipes and I haven't been able to shower in 5 days, and it sucks having to walk to the corner store just to use the restroom.

To the haters who thought I was just being a lazy good for nothing: You know nothing about me, how much effort I've put into looking for a job, or how difficult things are for Arizonans due to our economy, so why even try to insult me?

To everyone who helped: You guys are amazing.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

I spent from last Monday afternoon until Saturday morning in Hereford with Nicknyte. We smashed with v3ctorman and just shot the **** until Thursday morning where we departed for Tucson for orientation with Fred G. acosta Job Corps. I passed the screening process and have an interview with the school counselors in 50 minutes. If this goes well I will be living in their dorms for the next year, getting my G.E.D., my Drivers License, and most importantly, begin working towards a career in plumbing.

In 6 days it will have been two months since I was given my weeks notice to get my **** packed and get out, and and during the time I feel like I've evolved significantly as a person. Even though I have had help from people who care about me, it has been tough. Arizona has been having record-breaking low temperatures so everywhere I've stayed this past week has had broken pipes and I haven't been able to shower in 5 days, and it sucks having to walk to the corner store just to use the restroom.

To the haters who thought I was just being a lazy good for nothing: You know nothing about me, how much effort I've put into looking for a job, or how difficult things are for Arizonans due to our economy, so why even try to insult me?

That's great. Good to see things are getting better. Good luck with everything.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If not then you may have a mother again.
That really doesn't concern me. For about 5 or 6 years it's been like I haven't had a mother

You aren't forced to accept it if you don't want to. It could be she wants to ask you something, or like you said try to get in touch with you again. Even if you accept her friend request, she is not permanently placed within your friends list. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, or if she is making you feel pressured, you can always just remove or block her. I noticed you said "I REALLY don't want her back in my life" so really the decision is up to you.

Do you want to know what she has to say? If yes, accept the friend request and find out. Once she starts making you feel uncomfortable, you can always reverse, and pretend like it never happened. If she truly has no potential to have contact with you outside of Facebook, then you have nothing to worry about. If you don't care what she has to say at all, either reject or ignore the friend request. Although you never know, people can change over time, she may just be wanting to apologize.

Have you told your dad about her sending you one? Even though it may make the situation awkward or uncomfortable, he can still give you advice on what to do. I don't know how well his and her relationships are though, dependent on that, should also determine if you should let him know about it, or not.

I'm sorry you're in that situation :(
Imo, what she did to my father was pretty unforgivable. For example, instead of taking me to my grandparents once on a trip to Costa Rica for my summer vacation back when I was like 5, she instead took me halfway across the country up in the mountains to her parent's house. He was worried as ****, and I hated the place with a burning passion.

And he says he forgave her and he's tried to give me sermons about how I should forgive my mother, but I still find it very hard to forgive the woman who said she couldn't stop thinking about me for like the first week after the divorce, then stopped calling me for about 5 years, who then appears randomly to my grandparent's house in Costa Rica when I was 10 to take me to some restaurant, then only call me like once in the next 5 years, and that was only because she needed to discuss something about her still having my father's last name, so she really only called me out of interest, then stopped calling me until now where I get the request.

And I'd say more about what happened during the marriage, but I'm already pretty uncomfortable talking about this already so I'll just say that she did crap to me and my dad that I could never forgive her for.

First, tell your dad. Second, write to her over facebook mail rather than accepting her friends request. If you accept her request it'll really ruin facebook for you, everytime you go onto it you'll be reminded of her, so she'll always be haunting you.
I'm really considering just rejecting the request and blocking her or something, because I'm pretty sure that if she wanted to talk to me, she'd already have sent me a message along with the request asking to get back in touch or something

And I hate having my father already on my friend's list. It's annoying how I can't say certain things because of how awkward it'd be if he read all that :/

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I just learned that I'll have to wake up at 9:AM for my new internship :/. I suppose this was unavoidable, but I can't stand my life sometimes.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I need advice.

What do I do?
If you don't want her to get back in contact with you then don't?
You've been fine without her until now yeah? The choice should be obvious, in my eyes anyways.

My uncle's girlfriend told my uncle she refused to eat his dry hamburgers. He preceded to throw on at her head. She called the cops on him, and he had to leave or get arrested. Who in the hell calls the cops for throwing a hamburger??
Sorry, but what idiot throws hambugers? I mean really lol

Gatlin

Merkuri is doing nothing but trolling, Ruby, try to ignore him :p

Wow, that sounds awful. I'm glad things have potential to get better though. The temperatures are supposed to be in the 60's and 70's for the next week, so hopefully things will get better for you. I am in the same situation job-wise as well, everyone I have talked to is either not hiring or never responds.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
holy crap, ruby, you still don't get it?
Hurr durr I'm johning about waking up a few hours later than most working and college students do.

Next thing he's going to do is come and complain about sneezing or having a scrape on his knee.

@Gatlin:

You live in Tucson yet you were not at the monthly Saturday. Something is wrong with this picture.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
My fly has been down the whole day and my roomate just told me when I got home...

In better news though... my culinary arts major friend is coming tonight to make me a steak since he lost a bet :D
Oh my god, how will you ever recover from this awful embarassment?

Steak is awesome though. I think your fly being down is far too much of a downer for steak to compensate for, however.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I think I'm still feeling the effects of my hangover from yesterday. And I spent like 50 quid in that nightclub and the night wasn't too great anyway.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Are you really complaining about waking up 9 am?
Yes actually I am. I was so happy about the internship and then I realize that I'm gonna get a lot less sleep and be more grumpy because of it. I think I may have found a solution to this though.

Merkuri is doing nothing but trolling, Ruby, try to ignore him :p
You know that actually wasn't cool. When I am complaining about my life don't declare that I am trolling. It is offensive.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hurr durr I'm johning about waking up a few hours later than most working and college students do.

Next thing he's going to do is come and complain about sneezing or having a scrape on his knee.
Stop this for good.

As LT has said enough times, people can complain about whatever they find irritating.

I also find waking up at 9am annoying because I suffer from insomnia and by the time I do get to sleep, waking up at 9 would mean I get nothing at all, but I do anyway.

Some people also require more sleep than others, it depends on our biology.

The point is, STOP picking a fight with Merkuri, and STOP looking down on people's problems as insignificant. I could say your problems are insignificant by saying since you're going out on the streets, you're probably not part of society's upper crust, and are thus insignificant.

That's a really hurtful sentiment isn't it? Well it's the same when you look down on others' gripes. Everyone has problems they deal with in their own ways. Stop being rude.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Merkuri, when do you normally sleep to? Nearly everyone I have ever known is up by 8AM for school or work, or a combination of the two.

I personally always wake up between 6 and 8 am because of my internal clock. This is often problematic since I am an insomniac, but I make do by eating a good breakfast and doing as many things as possible to get the energy flowing.

@Teran:

I know I am insignificant, so I don't find your post offensive. I'm a HS dropout, and a NEET. Of course I won't be a NEET in the next month, but yeah, since January I have been about the lowest rung of human possible, and even throughout my childhood I have always been in poverty, but you know what? There are still people who have had it worse than me, and are therefore even MORE insignificant.

=)

Merkuri

Smash Lord

@Gatlin:

You live in Tucson yet you were not at the monthly Saturday. Something is wrong with this picture.
I thought we agreed we weren't going to do this anymore. I don't know where you come off belittling my problems. Did you get that job you wanted? I hope not. You're a bad person and you should be punished accordingly.

Top Bottom