• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
What Rubyris said got under my skin and I took some of that anger out on you, sorry. I really think your opinion here is misguided though. I'm a Jehova's witness and if I were to not associate myself with all people who are atheists or anti-religious I'd have a lot less friends. There is no reason to only associate yourself with people who accept everything about you, such a life style is very ignorant.
Not agreeing with someones religeon is a WHOOOOOLE different ballgame than not agreeing with someones sexuality. I'm an athiest and I get along FINE with people of all different kinds of beliefs. I may not believe in their god, or gods, but I still have respect for their beliefs. This holds no water to the discussion at hand.

Also I mentioned earlier that I'm friends with someone who doesn't like the fact that I'm gay. The difference is that he doesn't try to alienate me or anything. Generally when people aren't comfortable with gays they straight up alienate them.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
What Rubyris said got under my skin and I took some of that anger out on you, sorry. I really think your opinion here is misguided though. I'm a Jehova's witness and if I were to not associate myself with all people who are atheists or anti-religious I'd have a lot less friends. There is no reason to only associate yourself with people who accept everything about you, such a life style is very ignorant.
It's okay.
I understand that you shouldn't cut them out from your life if they don't accept you, but what Pluvia is doing is keeping who he is hidden because he is afraid what someone else might do/think if he tells him. You shouldn't have to hide your personality, ever, especially if you're not fine with it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm "unhappy" with Merkuri's complaints about his supposedly terrible life, and his opinion about Pluvia's predicament.

Happy?

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I'm "unhappy" with Merkuri's complaints about his supposedly terrible life, and his opinion about Pluvia's predicament.

Happy?
Erm, no. That's a pretty half-***** "apology" (if thats what your aiming for)

No matter how many times you flame Merkuri, its still doesn't change the fact that he'll still come here to complain.

I'm getting really ****ing tired of the **** you and Merkuri are doing. Maybe it'd be best if you stopped talking to us and go to another website.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Not agreeing with someones religeon is a WHOOOOOLE different ballgame than not agreeing with someones sexuality. I'm an athiest and I get along FINE with people of all different kinds of beliefs. I may not believe in their god, or gods, but I still have respect for their beliefs. This holds no water to the discussion at hand.

Also I mentioned earlier that I'm friends with someone who doesn't like the fact that I'm gay. The difference is that he doesn't try to alienate me or anything. Generally when people aren't comfortable with gays they straight up alienate them.
Why is that homosexuals always feels as if their circumstances are exceptional regardless of the situation. Dude dismissing someone's sexuality and their religion isn't far apart because they both fall under someone's lifestyle. And don't make these baseless claims that the two characteristics can't be compared if you're incapable of even proving an explanation as to why that is so.

It's okay.
I understand that you shouldn't cut them out from your life if they don't accept you, but what Pluvia is doing is keeping who he is hidden because he is afraid what someone else might do/think if he tells him. You shouldn't have to hide your personality, ever, especially if you're not fine with it.
That's better, but it's not really what you said before. You said he shouldn't continue seeing that person if they don't accept his lifestyle. And that is a very ignorant outlook to have.

Run

Smash Cadet

Happy?
If I'm not mistaken, this thread is just for venting about what is bugging you about your life at the moment. While you may not necessarily agree with or acknowledge the severity of what somebody is dealing with, that doesn't mean you have to call them out for it. This goes for you as well Merkuri.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
If I'm not mistaken, this thread is just for venting about what is bugging you about your life at the moment. While you may not necessarily agree with or acknowledge the severity of what somebody is dealing with, that doesn't mean you have to call them out for it. This goes for you as well Merkuri.
That's not gonna work. They're so deadset on proving which has the ****tier life.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
From now on, if Ruby or Merk acknowledge one another in this thread, instant infraction.

Both of you guys should just stop being complete self righteous jerks in general but I can't really infract for that one.

and if we start talking about homosexuality AGAIN you're going to get this thread closed AGAIN.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What bothers me us when people say things like "we should all respect each other's beliefs".

That sounds harsh, but think about it for a second. Being told something so standard as that is an insult to someone's intelligence. Secondly, you're not going to change anyone with it. The narrow minded people won't listen to you, because they're marrow minded, and the open minded people already do what you're asking, because they're open minded. So really, the only thing these people who say it achieve is showing off to others that they're open minded.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't follow. I don't think it's insulting to anyone's intelligence to suggest one should treat people with respect. Every individual person is coming from a different life experience and upbringing. I think it's more insulting to presume that your own belief is the "correct" one and to present yourself as such than to suggest humility.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So now that I've had my sleep (my sleeping pattern is completely ruined, work is going to be hell) I've awoken with a clear head.

Basically I think it'll be fine altogether. A select few of my friends know and it was rather anti-climactic like Tiger said. I think I'm just frustrated because that makes me "half out" like Teran said.

Now my cuz is a really nice guy, I'm closest to him out of everyone in my family, but I think that he's going to be dissapointed when I tell him. After that I think he's either going to spend his time trying to convert me, or he's going to try and use me to his advantage with girls in some way. Why don't I just get it over and done with? Well it's not an immediate problem, it's up to me when I want to come out so I'm continuously putting it off. I just know he's going to spring a girl on me in March and both me and him are going to end up frustrated in that situation.

So it's up to me to build up the courage to do this. It's just the fact that I have no control over the situation afterwards and this is life changing in a way. Wasn't meant to cause a heated argument, I'm just venting about what's frustrating me in life atm.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't follow. I don't think it's insulting to anyone's intelligence to suggest one should treat people with respect. Every individual person is coming from a different life experience and upbringing. I think it's more insulting to presume that your own belief is the "correct" one and to present yourself as such than to suggest humility.
I'm not saying to not respect other's opinions. That's my point, it's so elementary to respect opinions that the fact someone feels the need to tell me is an insult to my intelligence. All they're doing is showing off their open mindedness, they're not actually changing anyone's mentality.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm not saying to not respect other's opinions. That's my point, it's so elementary to respect opinions that the fact someone feels the need to tell me is an insult to my intelligence. All they're doing is showing off their open mindedness, they're not actually changing anyone's mentality.
Ahh, I see. Just misunderstood you

RATED

Smash Lord
I don't think he cares about his friends so much as he cares about his cousin's opinion of him, especially since he plans on staying with him.

Either way I still agree with this. If your cousin has a problem with your sexuality, you shouldn't be associating yourself with him.
Right so he should disregard everyone who disagrees with or is uncomfortable with his lifestyle? That sounds really dumb to me. You can't expect friends to understand everything about you, and you have to understand that when you reveal sensitive things that they have every right not to be accepting of it.

Some of my closest friends have characteristics that I really don't like. Relationships often work like that.
I never imagined to agree with Merkuri, but now I do. Don't get me wrong, I accept homosexuals and I even have friends that are "homo". But just bcuz someone don't understand at first or something like thatyou are going to "GTFO". Maybe his cousin will understand by the time.

==================

I feel like screaming, cursing, breaking everything apart and punching whatever I see in my way. I been annoyed since like last friday. EVERYTHING been getting mad easily, I mean it even cost me a Brawl Winners and Grand Finals this saturday. I been on the same mood today too and yesterday. IDK what to do about it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Actually it's the other way around, that's the problem. It's the fear that people will blank me, not me blanking people. I want things to stay the same, I'm not suddenly turning gay, I've always been gay just they don't know.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Pluvia... I JUST told my best guy friend. He's always been a bit of a homophobe haha.

That was hard for me.. and it shocked him I guess... He gave me a brutally honest description of how he felt, but he ended it with saying that nothing is going to change between us and that were still friends and hugged me.

I hope things really don't change... I still enjoy drinking/going to football games with him lol.

From here we shall see!

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Lol, one of my friends did my Spanish homework for me, but afterwards I checked my results and I noticed that the homework was ungraded. So I just went and did it again myself, and there were still no results. I just found out that this assignment is too complex for the computer to grade, so the teacher is supposed to grade it herself. I went and did the homework myself and it certainly won't be as good as what my friend did. I feel so dumb.

RATED

Smash Lord
^ Spanish is mad easy... oh wait :D, nah for real, it must be kinda "hard" for someone who's main language is English to write Spanish( los acentos) and to talk it since Spanish has TONS of changes depending the place even in Latin America. Even more, in different TOWNS of Puerto Rico, Some words mean something different.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Actually it's the other way around, that's the problem. It's the fear that people will blank me, not me blanking people. I want things to stay the same, I'm not suddenly turning gay, I've always been gay just they don't know.
The real issue is, why should you care?

Besides, you'll be able to clarify that last part when they bombard you with questions about being with guys and OMG HOW LONG HAVE U KNOWN etc.

July

Smash Apprentice
My mom is sick and almost came down with pneumonia, my nan has pnuemonia and due to the medicine they gave her she became weak, fell and broke her ankle. My nan refused to stay at the hospital for observation over night, she is supposed to have someone with her to take care of her for the next 6 weeks but the only person who can do so is my mom. However, my mom can't take off work that long, and I'm away at college, and idk what to do or how I can help.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
My mother, 2 of my bros, and I attempted to go out for a nice trip. "Attempted". First their was a huge snowstorm so it took me and my bros 15 minutes to dig them up. Meanwhile my dog got out so I was the one who had to keep him in the van while my stupid brother was trying to dig up a shovel to use on the driveway WITH A ****ING SHOVEL. So after 15 more minutes of that we finally got on our way when, OH NO, my bros forgot some entertainment so 5 minutes later here comes my idiot brother (the same one with the shovel issue) comes with a blanket while he was wearing the most clothes out of all of us. Then we finally got out of town when, our car broke down. 2 blocks from a gas station and my mom essentially says **** THAT and calls our uncle. 10 more minutes he finally arrives to give us a lecture on why our car isn't working and my dog hates people he doesn't know, so I'm the one holding the small yapping overly energetic dog, getting new scratches and the like. 5 more minutes and he finally hooks the goddamn car up. 5 more minutes of holding the dog while my mom yells at him FROM TEN ****ING FEET AWAY! 5 more minutes pass as he finally takes us home only to BRAG ABOUT HIS ****TY SNOW BLOWER FOR ANOTHER MINUTE OR SO. Then he finally let us go to our house. All in all it was the worst trip I have ever taken.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm bad at math, and one of the classes I need to take this semester to graduate is all about advanced math. :(

Smash Lord
...while my stupid brother was trying to dig up a shovel to use on the driveway WITH A ****ING SHOVEL. .
Man, this just made a crappy morning significantly better. So funny. Probably not so much for you but man I laughed at this. Sorry about the crappy trip.

So this morning I woke up at five to do stuff that I know I wouldn't get done before class. I said **** it and decided to grab another hour of sleep. I was lazy as hell and didn't do anything at all yesterday and stayed up until about 2:30. I grab a glass of orange juice to start off then I go upstairs to take a shower. After that I tried in vain to do homework that was due at eight. Eventually I gave up. My grandma had a doctor's appointment at 9:30, so I decided I would skip class so that I could finish shoveling the driveway. There was roughly between 9 and 15 inches of snow on it depending on where you were looking. Well I work on that for about 20 minutes, and then she comes out and cancels the appointment. It turned out that I finished with enough time that she could have made that appointment. Go figure. When I came in, grandma drops a bombshell on me and tells me her sister died this morning. She starts a held back rant. I didn't last to long. To make matters worse, I couldn't care less about this. Even if I hardly knew her, I feel extremely insensitive and that's not like me.

Wow, my grandma just told me one of my aunt's mothers died yesterday.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I left my ear phones at my dorm. And it's really difficult for me to get any homework done without them. I'm at work right now so I can't leave to get them back. Just when I was planning to get a lot of work do too :c

Patinator

Smash Champion
My parents seem to be at odds with each other today. I dunno... I asked mom about it. She said that dad's upset with her because she was crying, and he thinks it's a problem between them or something. Well god ****ing damn it, the woman's trying to quit smoking, for christ's sake.

My dad can really be an ignorant, uncaring ******* sometimes and I am getting sick of it.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well god ****ing damn it, the woman's trying to quit smoking, for christ's sake.
Well unless she smokes like 100 a day, I doubt it would be the quitting. Withdrawal makes you irritable and likely to lash out, but definitely doesn't muster up any sadness. It's all just rage and impatience.

My dad can really be an ignorant, uncaring ******* sometimes and I am getting sick of it.
Just make sure that doesn't become you when you're a daddy. Usually does though. :(

It seems that dads have a high chance of being arses. Doesn't say much for us guys.
Nah I wouldn't say so. I just think women whine more (a lot to their kids when they're older), and that as boys we generally have a bias to our mothers.

Not speaking for you, but that is generally how it works.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Ugh, math is definitely not one of my strong points, either. Good luck with the class Merkuri, hope you do well. :)

As for something to be unhappy about... Job hunting is definitely not going as well as I hoped it would.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Just make sure that doesn't become you when you're a daddy. Usually does though. :(

Nah I wouldn't say so. I just think women whine more (a lot to their kids when they're older), and that as boys we generally have a bias to our mothers.

Not speaking for you, but that is generally how it works.
I'd say guys have a bias towards (if by that you mean prefer) their dads, but they just don't realise how much they do. That sounds stupid but guys never seem to realise how much their dad do for them, pretty much whatever they decide to study, or decide to work, is shaped by their dad in some way. Mums do more noticible and direct stuff to support their kids whereas dads input is more subtle, their input is a lot of play and support for the outside world, and mums do mostly household support.

Still, dads seem to completely fail at doing even this much more than mums unfortunately.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I bought a Wii Lens Cleaner so I could play dual-layered discs again. However, I used too much of it, and now it won't read any disc. It still runs, and I can use channels. I think I may need hacks again. Any help on getting Homebrew for 4.3E?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'd say guys have a bias towards (if by that you mean prefer) their dads, but they just don't realise how much they do. That sounds stupid but guys never seem to realise how much their dad do for them, pretty much whatever they decide to study, or decide to work, is shaped by their dad in some way. Mums do more noticible and direct stuff to support their kids whereas dads input is more subtle, their input is a lot of play and support for the outside world, and mums do mostly household support.
Heh, well in my case I have a more overbearing mother than Hitler, who pretty much tried to govern and control everything I did, said, and would go on to achieve.

My dad generally didn't even give a ****. At one point, he even forgot how old I was.

So yeah, he had pretty much no influence in my upbringing except reminding me every now and again that I wasn't actually clever, capable, or talented in any way.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
My mum was the complete opposite, she couldn't care less what I did as long as it didn't affect her. I could dissappear for the whole day/weekend and she wouldn't ask where I was. She is a super feminist who spends almost every chance she has to degrade men and point out how much smarter women are than men etc. She didn't care about my schoolwork, just that I either had to go to uni or have a job when I left (I had neither) so she threw me out when I was 16.

And she still did a better job than my dad, who had no input whatsoever. Not even a birthday or christmas card. Heck, not even a phone call.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
My mum was the complete opposite, she couldn't care less what I did as long as it didn't affect her. I could dissappear for the whole day/weekend and she wouldn't ask where I was. She is a super feminist who spends almost every chance she has to degrade men and point out how much smarter women are than men etc. She didn't care about my schoolwork, just that I either had to go to uni or have a job when I left (I had neither) so she threw me out when I was 16.

And she still did a better job than my dad, who had no input whatsoever. Not even a birthday or christmas card. Heck, not even a phone call.
I guess this explains your sexuality.

I just realize now that the list of reference I sent the person who deciding candidates for an internship, wasn't in the standardized format. That really sucks.

Top Bottom