• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Ravin

Smash Lord
Photoshop. Or.

Make the small combo, use windows movie marker to edit it and cut it up, then id use photoshop to clean it up and compress to a gif.

Or, make a small video, starting with tilt combos or jab combos, then go into complex ones like, Ledge SH Fair To Utilt, Uair, Homing missile.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Lol. It gets those pesky down dodgers and people who hold shield, then think that you arnt doing your second hit and your like. LOL Dtilt.

~Clear~

Smash Rookie
Hey ever1 i am new to SWF and these tips will help alot i have been reading back and there have been quite a few arguements and also people leaving (Refering to TAC) i hear he was a gr8 samus and the tips that he gave agenst meta will help me during tourni's i will try to post as much as i can and i will post every new thing i find;)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
all match-up discussion goes to the the matchup thread.

METAKNIGHT is a char we are talking about right now, so please go!

Hive

Smash Lord
wait, i thought it was falco??? very ninja xyro! I promise i'm going to write something sometime this week though! just a lot of stuff happening right now :p... (world domination and all that...)

aozf05

Smash Cadet
I discovered this in Melee when I was trying to learn the timing for Samus's d-air.

I dunno if this has been mentioned before in the first 40 pages. When Samus does her n-air, the initial kick does 8-9 damage but as long as her foot is out, her whole body can still deal a few points of damage. If your opponent tries to charge a side or down smash, you can just jump over them and fast fall n-air and immediately chain into something else like a charge shot or d-tilt or up b.

I don't do this often anymore because I got the timing for the d-air. But this doesn't require proper timing or anything, you just have to fall on them.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I discovered this in Melee when I was trying to learn the timing for Samus's d-air.

I dunno if this has been mentioned before in the first 40 pages. When Samus does her n-air, the initial kick does 8-9 damage but as long as her foot is out, her whole body can still deal a few points of damage. If your opponent tries to charge a side or down smash, you can just jump over them and fast fall n-air and immediately chain into something else like a charge shot or d-tilt or up b.

I don't do this often anymore because I got the timing for the d-air. But this doesn't require proper timing or anything, you just have to fall on them.
I actually did this against a Meta Knight player yesterday. I won from Fastfall N-air >Fully Charged Charge Shot. Was pretty ossim.

Hive

Smash Lord
good job ismar! lol i barely ever use nair lol, except to counterattack in the air after you've been hit or w/e. :p not that it isn't good. ^^
Are you going to genesis??

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Is there anyway you can make the TITLE of the advanced techs more visible?

By bolding both the title, videos, and additional information, it's very hard to see the different categories.

But it's very good work

Xyro77

Is there anyway you can make the TITLE of the advanced techs more visible?

By bolding both the title, videos, and additional information, it's very hard to see the different categories.

But it's very good work

check it out now. be it better than before?

Xyro77

Does anyone have any good tips on how to fight sonic? He seems to be one of the only characters I have more trouble with. Falco probably follows a close second.
go to the log book for match-up help

Xyro77

Just so everybody knows im making a new combo vid soon. no tudor hate this time. hes a good guy

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, samus is a pretty underused character...even if she is someone's secondary (mine currently) she still is only applicable in like...2-3 matchups i have problems with.

Xyro77

Ok guys, there is a section on the front page for combos. Its empty. lets fill it up! Please post combos that actually WORKS at least 85% of the time. Please dont list combos that work at 120% or something super high.

I would like for people to post some combos and list how much damage it does(if you can).

Grab, pummel, pummel, up throw= 10-12%
Zair, grab, pummel, pummel, up throw=14-19%
FF U-air, Up+B= 11-16%

These are just SOME of the combos that work 85% or more of the time. Please help me out on this

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Xyro's Fav = U air Fast-Falled -> UpB
D air -> UpB
at 0 % ONLY Charge shot -> running grab -> pummel->Pummel-> Up Throw
Or you could do the ballsy way, and F throw and try to hit with an UpB. works most of the time.

Running Shoulder Charge to UpB ( don't use this often, sheild grabbing, but it's still a combo)
F air if the last hit doesn't connect -> UpB
missile cancel -> Dash attack -> Up B

All I can think of right now. We need bomb combo's Imagine how Effing cool those would be!
Imagine if we found a zero - Death that had to do with bombs Haha! Awesome!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Dair->d-tilt at mid %s, otherwise they don't have enough hitstun
Dair-> charge beam (have them bounce off the ground)

I'm too lazy...sorry.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Because samus is amazingly awesome and the best threads shouldn't be stickied, nobody looks at stickied threads.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
why do that? knowing comboes is pretty important IMO
That's why the USD is in the compendium. If you ever want to look for it, if it's on the first page still, you can check it. If you can't find it, there's always a link to it in the compendium. It, as well as tha_carter's thread are both very important and useful, but I'm not going to sticky tha_carter's thread as well. I'm keeping the stickies at a minimum.

Metatitan

Smash Master
anyways not sure if this classifies as a true combo but it has gotten me a lot of kills, despite its simplicity
homing missile to d tilt.
nice range, comes out pretty quickly and it can kill. probly been known for a long time tho

LanceStern

Smash Lord
These are whaat I have been trying recently. They work...

Short hop super missile -> running short hop reverse bair. 17% - 21%
It's a great bair setup. If the super missile connects, they are popped into the air straight into the bair. Plus, the super missile is protecting you as you run to them and jump. Plus you have time to either jump again or upB after the bair, so they can't punsih you too bad unless they have a deadly uair.

Short hop super missile -> Zair
Once you short hop and fire the super missile, IMMEDIATELY do a short up zair. If the opponent is tall, the zair will connect and they will rise into the super missile.

Fast fall Dair -> Bair
Strict timing, the dair has to be cancelled and jumped out of pretty fast, but the combo connects it is very nice.

Non-sweet spot Zair -> Grab -> Pummel -> Any Throw (preferably up or down) -> Up B
I found out the non sweet spot Zair to grab frame trap a little while ago, but then it turned out Xyro and others were using it way before me anyways. It's really good and hits about 90% of the time, it can be jumped out of but most opponents can't because they don't see it coming.

They are fun comboes, and i'm trying to incorporate it into Samus, especially the super missiles and bair setups.

Top Bottom