• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Hive

Smash Lord
Did he actually go? :/ not kwl.... :(

the canada and exp thing was pretty harsh though :(

edit: really though the wifi thing and the mk thing are both true though...
No one i know really takes wifi that seriously here, mainly due to the very large discrepencies in skill between people offline and people online. It can be a good practice though...
And mk sadly does beat samus. It really is one of her impossible matchups at high levels of play. I respect that TAC has played clouderz, I don't have anything against him, however, I've also played Sean (winner of fall ladder), Tanj, DSF, Irow, and Toilethumor, and I can say with pretty stong certainty that a good mk will kill samus in this matchup. And this is not do to any lack of exp or me not noticing any "secret" techniques that will gain the advantage here. mk just outperforms samus, I mean, in most every situation. What it basically will come down to is a Top tier character vs a low tier one...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I don't think he'll be posting NEARLY as much, if at all. I lsot my Canada buddy :( The_carter better be nice or I'm going to be the lone some Canadian trying to prove we've got something.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
While everyone is negative I would like to take this opportunity to call out Cherry and Ismar for using stupid illegible font colors. Nobody cares what color you post in!

/mad

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol. I like it :0
and it's not that hard to read at all. Plusss! it compliments my Sig.

Sorry:urg:

EDIT: I'm not actually all that sorry, it looks sweet against my background, and it prolly won't be changing, unless to lime green, which do you prefer?
Thanks hive

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Indeed I shall.
Are you copy pasta'ing it from K primes thread?

yes and no. i some other frame data i got from the brawl+ thing i did a few days ago but im not sure how accurate it is so i may just add K primes stuff. what do u think?

EDIT: would some one please help me out real fast? could one of you go through the first 5-10 pages and copy/paste the combos you see? put them in a PM and send them to me if you would please. im getting other stuff for this thread.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
yes and no. i some other frame data i got from the brawl+ thing i did a few days ago but im not sure how accurate it is so i may just add K primes stuff. what do u think?

EDIT: would some one please help me out real fast? could one of you go through the first 5-10 pages and copy/paste the combos you see? put them in a PM and send them to me if you would please. im getting other stuff for this thread.
Uhm Brawl+ stuff should be the same and K prime accurately described how **** samus' roll is so I personally think it's good.
I'll do some of them, I'll go from 1 -7 just in case. Hive or something else can do the rest I'm too bloody tired.

Xyro77

Uhm Brawl+ stuff should be the same and K prime accurately described how **** samus' roll is so I personally think it's good.
I'll do some of them, I'll go from 1 -7 just in case. Hive or something else can do the rest I'm too bloody tired.
yes K prime lives in my state, i trust his results. also, thank you for looking gathering the combos and PMing them to me. this helps ALOT.

wait, so how is brawl+ i keep hearing about it a lot lately?
its an attempt to make brawl into melee. but you can use it to do pretty fun things like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBuK24G4QOQ

but some are using i to gain frame data.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Doens't Brawl+ make samus even Crappier..? I know it destroyed bowser because of the hitstun code, he's wrecked 4lyfe!

Still working on the combo's dun worry.
And! even better most of the combo's I've found have explanations. gotta love that

Hive

Smash Lord
I stole this idea from other boards as well btw lol
but->

sorry if I missed anyone ^^ I mainly just ran through names I saw and put them up, if they didn't have their location up (or weren't in the old finder thread) I might have missed some ppl too :/

edit: oh course anyone on the west half of the u.s. pwns ;) lol

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Cool lawlz. Although i LVOE taht it's a map of U.S.A not north America which would include Canada and we could rightfully place people down sucha s me adn the Carter :) and TAC if he ever comes back :(

Hive

Smash Lord
^^ sorry i couldn't be more specific with you guys cherry ^^ i wasn't sure where you guys were in your provinces too even though I google mapped it lol ^^ I'll try to get a map of canada in too at some point if ppl like this one, kk? :)

edit: also, gigas, where do you live?

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
^^ sorry i couldn't be more specific with you guys cherry ^^ i wasn't sure where you guys were in your provinces too even though I google mapped it lol ^^ I'll try to get a map of canada in too at some point if ppl like this one, kk? :)

South Carolina. The reason I haven't added my name to the Locater list is because lately I haven't been really consistent with playing Brawl.

I also don't want random people showing up at my door asking for some matches.

Xyro77

when this thing is done, PM it to me. ill post it on front page

that never happens

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
South Carolina. The reason I haven't added my name to the Locater list is because lately I haven't been really consistent with playing Brawl.

Lolzz.

Actually Hive you got it pretty darn right, just so you know :p.
I can't tell where exactly it should be because I don't know the provinces' boarders off by heart
But I think you hit Alberta at least :p

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I might have found a trick, but I haven't got time right now to watch all the videos so I don't know if you know, but here it is:

If you rar a zair, you can instant-tether an edge. Looks pretty good, is this new?

Ravin

Smash Lord
In theory. Yes. Thats something I havn't seen. Maybe Rohins has done it. Try asking him.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
of course, someone had found it already...

Anyway, it's not in this thread what I can tell.

Also, I saw something called "missile cancel drop", could you Zair from that to get the same effect?
Missile cancel drop? You mean sprinting to the edge then throwing out a missile and then canceling the missile to input actions at stage level? If so, you couldn't zair to ledge.. cuz you'd be facing outwards..

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Missile cancel drop? You mean sprinting to the edge then throwing out a missile and then canceling the missile to input actions at stage level? If so, you couldn't zair to ledge.. cuz you'd be facing outwards..
Dash toward an edge and smash missile toward the level. The missile won't come out and you'll be off the level backward.

Edit: ie you could grapple to the edge if you want.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dash toward an edge and smash missile toward the level. The missile won't come out and you'll be off the level backward.

Edit: ie you could grapple to the edge if you want.
I've done this without using the Super Missile. I was trying to perform that technique that you can find in your pointless tech video around 0:50-052. I have that down, already, but you can try it that way also and grab the edge without using the Super Missile. We need a name for that.

Hive

Smash Lord
I lied before, after watching myself today, I realized I use smash missiles way more than I thought i did lol T.T They help cover a lot of her approaches. ^^

but i still love♥ homing missiles more! I'm not trading! ^^

Xyro77

could some one please make another video about "Charge Shot(low aimed)"

Hives vid is not working and it hasnt been for a while.

btw, i added: Reverse Charge Shot(through ledge) vid. look at front page.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
btw, i added: Reverse Charge Shot(through ledge) vid. look at front page.
YES, BEHOLD MY TECH SKILL

altho i learned from the best.. (reauxhinnes)

Ravin

Smash Lord
The map hive made should be on the frontpage of Xyros forum here. I think that would be cool.

Top Bottom