• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
lmao, samus boards are finally learning to use bananas?

Thank god nobody listened to "just throw them off the edge". Lmao
Throwing them off the stage is the best option. why would you want to try and use a banana against diddy kong? thats stpid he bases his game off of them. if you throw them off stage it will force him to pull out more and you can use that animation to get hits in.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
lmao, samus boards are finally learning to use bananas?

Thank god nobody listened to "just throw them off the edge". Lmao
I threw them off the stage when I brawled with different Diddy Kong players. It made my matches easier, since I didn't have to worry about having something to slip on.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So I'm the only one who doesn't throw them off? Give me items and **** will occur. That's one of the reasons I throw off my power suit pieces as ZSS.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Wow. I never said use it against him. And my solution solves BOTH of your situations BETTER.

You wouldnt have to worry about" having something to slip on" or "forcing him to pull out more" if you have it in your possession. You can do 80% of samus' moves with a banana in your hand. Also throwing the banana near the edge and guarding it works too.

Lol, hopefully yall arent actually being serious about it being the best option.

Xyro77

Wow. I never said use it against him. And my solution solves BOTH of your situations BETTER.

You wouldnt have to worry about" having something to slip on" or "forcing him to pull out more" if you have it in your possession. You can do 80% of samus' moves with a banana in your hand. Also throwing the banana near the edge and guarding it works too.

Lol, hopefully yall arent actually being serious about it being the best option.
Getting rid of the Bs keeps diddy from throwing them at you..........
Getting rid of the Bs stops you from sliping........
Getting rid of the Bs lets you get a free hit(aka charge shot/zair/dash attack to UP+B)......

You never fight a diddy with his own bananas, he obviously knows how to deal with them or he would not have picked up diddy in the first place. he specializes in them and can do great stuff with them, samus really cant.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
I dont think you understood my post. In fact, i dont think you read past "wow" or you would have never posted what you did.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins

Yeah I like putting them by an edge near me or on high platforms (like top one of bf) so they have no way of pulling bananas. Frees up the floor and makes it obvious and more punishable when they do try to pick up their bananas.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Yeah I like putting them by an edge near me or on high platforms (like top one of bf) so they have no way of pulling bananas. Frees up the floor and makes it obvious and more punishable when they do try to pick up their bananas.
This.

You don't use them against diddy that's just stupid and if you throw them off He'll just pull out more. Keep them on stage but away from him.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
Either get good with bananas or lose imo. You could throw them off the edge but that takes more time then it does for him to haul out another one.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Either get good with bananas or lose imo. You could throw them off the edge but that takes more time then it does for him to haul out another one.
Another Banana Peel can only be brought out if there aren't any, or if one disappears, or if one passes through the blast zone. Throwing it off will give Samus time to get back into the fight before Diddy Kong brings out another one.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
I dont think this is the right thread to discuss how to handle diddy's bananas.

That being said, anyone that thinks throwing the banana off (solves problem for 3 seconds) before he pulls out another, is better than guarding it (lasting up to 45 seconds until it disappears), or holding on to it (potentially lasting the rest of the match).... is delusional, thick-skulled, or simply doesnt read. =)

Xyro77

I dont think this is the right thread to discuss how to handle diddy's bananas.

That being said, anyone that thinks throwing the banana off (solves problem for 3 seconds) before he pulls out another, is better than guarding it (lasting up to 45 seconds until it disappears), or holding on to it (potentially lasting the rest of the match).... is delusional, thick-skulled, or simply doesnt read. =)

and thats why im beter than you. LOLOLOL!

mikekleman

Smash Cadet
idk if this is posted somewhere already, but something i find useful is thi missile cancel into a fully charged lazer. if timed correctly, it fires a missile and with the 0 lag after landing, you can fire your lazer as well.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyone stop to think that Bananas are items that you can select/turn on? It's not like you have to be Diddy to know how to use them. Sure, it's what they specialize in, but turning them against them can be just as effective.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Xyro just thinks throwing bananas off is best because he doesn't have the tech skill to fight with a banana in his hand at all times :p

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
LOL man I love that vid, fighting diddy is such a b*tch, he can out maneuver samus, has fast aerials with destroy us. I have yet to find a way to beat the little runt :(

Crystanium

Smash Hero
"Us?" Speak for yourself. Samus > Diddy.
Diddy Kong ***** Samus. Sorry, it's just the truth. If you can beat Diddy Kong, it means one of two things: 1. That 40% chance of winning kicked in, or 2. the Diddy Kong you played, sucks.

Hive

Smash Lord
i agree, diddy is pretty **** hard ^^

edit: also diddy kongs don't suck even without a single banana, throwing away or holding on to one is not an end all solution. also samus is really vulnerable to banana spams during her own spams... its just a hard fight all around. chances are you haven't played really good diddys if you think that samus has an advantage here.

Xyro77

Crystanium

Smash Hero
please dont post vids here unless its tech vids.

Dryn created a VIDEO THREAD for regular vids and stuff.
I won't be having any videos posted by the members of the Samus board, actually. I will be only accepting them through private messages, since I don't want my thread to be cluttered with links, and then me having those links being posted onto the original post. It makes a mess of things. I will add ESAM's, though.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Oh, sorry. I didn't know where else to put them...
It's cool. Your thread was up before mine was posted on SWF. I was working on it on WordPad before I posted it up. If you upload more in the future, just PM me and I will post your videos in the original post of my Samus video thread.

MildlyTemperate

Smash Cadet
Can somebody tell me if Xyro's combo video with the annotations is real or fake? There's just sooo many people saying the annotations are fake on the video.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
LOL

I'm talking about Xyro's combo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JeWbuRhaao

Did he really play all those good smashers? I know there's one part with a CPU...
Nah, he didn't play them.

He ***** them.

The parts with the CPU, such as Koskinator.. It was their decision, not Xyro's doing. Kosk thought a lvl 9 cpu ganon would have a better chance, so if he could have a computer take the ****, why bother going through all the pain?

It makes perfect sense imo.

MildlyTemperate

Smash Cadet
Nah, he didn't play them.

He ***** them.

The parts with the CPU, such as Koskinator.. It was their decision, not Xyro's doing. Kosk thought a lvl 9 cpu ganon would have a better chance, so if he could have a computer take the ****, why bother going through all the pain?

It makes perfect sense imo.

Dood, Kosk commented on the video saying the ganon's in the video weren't him...
Iono, its not really that big a deal i guess, just everybody hatin on Xyro...

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Its like the new wave of Samus mains don't have a sense of humor or something...

Top Bottom