• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Ravin

Smash Lord
Well. Sago and Hylain don't play Samus as mains anymore. Um. Do whatever else you think would be cool/add your own special touch to it?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Well. Sago and Hylain don't play Samus as mains anymore. Um. Do whatever else you think would be cool/add your own special touch to it?
he means your womanly touch :) make it colorful, and ADD CANADA!?

...just a thought :) You don't have to though it'd be extra work :p

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i would color it by REGION and take off people who dont main samus

hylian/sago

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
i dont care the colors, i just was givin my opinion.
Hm. Well I think Hive shoudl co-ordinate it with her own bias oppinion of the place's weather.

it'd be neat :p Like canada would be all friggen cold ( which it is, We had -40 C here, that translates to about -40 F as well, It was chilly)
And Texas is a sweat lodge, it should be red :D

Hive

Smash Lord
should i list which of the players actively goes to offline tourneys?

oh, and i'm sorry cherry but west coast will probably get blue ^^ blue-green is my favorite color so too bad! lol :p
If I make region borders ^^ not sure how I'd do that lol, and I'm not sure what the big scenes are on the east coast now that i think of it too :( except for the northeast area and florida, right?

plus in magic, i think, west corresponds to water i think, and one of its main colors is blue. :p
so i'll probably base around that a little ^^ (air-east coast, fire-south, earth-north.. etc :p)

Ravin

Smash Lord
I am semi active at tournaments. Buts its not very fair to base it upon that. I think a good mix of going to tournaments or contributing actively to the Samus boards. Maybe a mix of both.

Hive

Smash Lord

ok, this took me a really long time you guys, so no making fun! :(

but here the map! ^^ i looked up various tourneys to found out which areas had the most players, and what kind of range they'd expect, so if i messed up, sorry :/ but i really did try to figure them out! ^^ (also, sorry if i missed any, i just couldn't find info)

oh, and sorry if this is too big @.@

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895

ok, this took me a really long time you guys, so no making fun! :(

but here the map! ^^ i looked up various tourneys to found out which areas had the most players, and what kind of range they'd expect, so if i messed up, sorry :/ but i really did try to figure them out! ^^ (also, sorry if i missed any, i just couldn't find info)

oh, and sorry if this is too big @.@
I think that you did an excellent job :) thanks for your time an effort :D.
You defs said sorry for how much work you did on that. After this you shoudln't take anyones crap :p

Ravin

Smash Lord
My area is a major tournament place. But its all in Denver T.T I go to one about every three months. One is actually going to be in the springs in April which i am going to attend.

:p

Hive

Smash Lord
hmmm i couldn't find many tourneys for the denver, but i know that people play there ^^
how big and how often do the tourneys happen do you think? ^^sorry about not being able to find that! ^^

Ravin

Smash Lord
Like, almost every two weeks? Fighter Frenzy, a guy normally know as DancingFighterG throws them.

LoVo, Nite, Bacon, and a few others are pretty active, DookDigity and a handful of others i cannot recall.

Hive

Smash Lord
well, how many people usually show up to the biweeklies and what's the approximate area of the scene so i can put it on the map please! :)

Ravin

Smash Lord
between 40-60 people at times? Last one I went to bagged like 66 people? I placed like, 15th? XD

Mostly in Denver, Every two months one pops up in the springs, but people from all over, Aurura. Denver, I come from the Springs, So basically, people come from all over CO to hit up the Denver smash group.

When NDK, the anime con, hosted one, we had like...115 people? Not like any of them knew how to play :p Why I bagged second place. Rofl.

I know New Mexico and Denver have this trivially thing going on. Seeming they cant beat Ferdi or SDSG (SuperDuperSmashGod.)

Hive

Smash Lord
that's pretty kwl! ^^ so is it just people from colorado usually or do other people from outside colorado come too?? ^^
If you're ever in norcal though ravin you have to come play me deal!? :)

Ravin

Smash Lord
Yeah. I know NM and Neveda come quiet often, as do the Denver guys go there.

I should be going to Genesis. If i dont get put into the airforce anytime soon :p

Sure. We can even do Wifi matches. If youd like sometime.

I would be more active if I lived in Denver. but im in the springs. and im working full time compared to those slackers. D:<

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just picked her up pretty recently. And have been playing with her until my eyes get tired of staring at the screen. I'll try her out at the local monthlies and see how I do with her. Best thing is, ZSS was my old main so I can swap back to her mid-match :p

Ravin

Smash Lord
Thats a reason why I explained ZSS and Zelda are like, ym main and sub, you litterly in combat can use 4 characters if need be :p

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
lol, I hate when that happens and I eat Falco fsmash.. I recall j4pu saying, "Oh, Brawl..." when I got KOd from that >_<

Samus's physics are pretty finicky.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
It is unfortunate that your right ESAM. I agree with n00b except not falcos FSmash, anyone's Fsmash in general.

Okay...since no one bothered saying anythign in this thread since effing 03-31-2009, 04:41 PM
I guess I'll edit my post...hoes

Why did Hive quit her mini-guides? they had a decent amount of potential. guess she started it again a bit with her newest thread "samus' meta-game stopped" or something.

Hive

Smash Lord
@cherry i'm going to write another miniguide soon promise! I just started school though ;)

I was trying to get some kind of animated gifs on how to do some of her basic combos though, does anyone know how to make those??

Top Bottom