• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Fast-fall up-air -> up-tilt -> fast-fall up-air -> forward-air
Best-Case Scenario: 0-53% - Assuming all hits connect and all moves aren't degraded.
Worst-Case Scenario: 0-14% - Assuming you pull off the first up-air/up-tilt chain successfully, fully-degraded.

This set-up is best-applied on heavier characters at low damage percentages.

Fast-fall an upward-aerial, then flow into an upward-tilt upon landing. Once your opponent's been hit, immediately jump and execute another upward-aerial, then jump and hit them with a forward aerial at your earliest opportunity.

Fast-fall up-air -> jab-cancelled jab -> down-tilt
Best-Case Scenario: 0-28% - Assuming all hits connect and all moves aren't degraded.
Worst-Case Scenario: 0-15% - All hits will usually connect. The only problem is move degredation.

This set-up is best performed on any weight class at low damage percentages.

Fast-fall and upward-aerial, then immediately jab-cancel once you touch the ground. Follow-up with a downward-tilt as quickly as possible.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
My only "consistent" combos:

uair->upB: Everyone uses this and should. It's ****.

homing missile->dtilt: Great "kill setup" if you know when your homing missiles are going to land on your opponent. Don't force it, work with how your opponent is playing.

Dash Attack->Jab->dtilt/smash: This works at low % when you catch someone on the edge (platform or level). Basically dash attack pops them up, jab taps them a little, since there is no ground your dtilt / dsmash will hit. They can of course airdodge but they would be airdodging under the level which you can hog depending on the opponent.

Everything else I do is adlib and based on the opponents behavior. If I feel the opponent won't let me combo them I don't bother going for it. Most of my "combos" are uair / fair oriented.

Homage to KingChaos' Combo:

Fully Charged Blast -> Dash Attack -> UpB

I've used it. I don't get to all the time but it's ****.

I also implore everyone check out L!te's combo vid (click here), a lot of innovative combos in there that everyone should steal and ***** out.

I'd also say check out Tudor's vids for combos but I know you all have so it's in vane.

Hive

Smash Lord
dang... combos, there's so many, but....
I think these ones are pretty common and I seem to use a lot

fulljump uair-> homing missile (with the possibility of jab to dtilt)☻

fulljump uair->->(possiby jump to uair)->ff? fair or uair->screw attack

ff shorthop uair->screwattack and especially good on the middle platform in bf

dash attack->screw attack☻

jab->dtilt

from the ledge-> ledgehop fair or uair->screw attack (especially effective on yoshi's)☻

shorthop zair->shorthop zair immediately->fulljump double zair (lame, but it works sometimes lol)

dair->chargeshot or jab to dtilt in the 40% "bounce" range

homing missile->dtilt (or jab to dtilt depending on how airborne the enemy is)

sometimes this works :/ dthrow->fully charged charge shot->dash attack (take advantage of the stun)->uthrow or fthrow

luigi's mansion has its own combos too lol uthrow to cs and so on lol

...I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I can think of right now...

☻= the three i probably use the most though :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol, we have a full page of combos. Hive totally robbed my full hopin stuffz.

From zero percent a Fully charged shot to running grab will always unless they jump. That is the ONLY way to avoid this. From there throw down and you may get an Up B out of it.

Sago

Smash Lord
C-c-c-comboes by sago(NEW)(LIKE YESTERDAY HO)
0% hm cancel ->charge shot ->dash attack -> upb = 50%+
0% hm cancel ->charge shot ->dash grab->pummel ->dthrow->jump to force air dodge->bair
30%+ nair->fastfall->ftilit
lower percents. Pointblank zair->charge shot
lower percents. Pointblank zair->jab->downtilit
and remember kids ftilit is a boss *** move

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Xyro's Fav = U air Fast-Falled -> UpB
D air -> UpB
at 0 % ONLY Charge shot -> running grab -> pummel->Pummel-> Up Throw
Or you could do the ballsy way, and F throw and try to hit with an UpB. works most of the time.

Running Shoulder Charge to UpB ( don't use this often, sheild grabbing, but it's still a combo)
F air if the last hit doesn't connect -> UpB
missile cancel -> Dash attack -> Up B

All I can think of right now. We need bomb combo's Imagine how Effing cool those would be!
Imagine if we found a zero - Death that had to do with bombs Haha! Awesome!
On a defensive side i often lure opponents into them after i got launched in the air. they often dont pay attention. bomb -> uair -> upb

uair-uair-bair medium %
and dair - upb ofc
smash missile and charge in for an dair is pretty safe too

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
yeah Ori I have used the bomb to U air to Screw attack before too. it's pretty good just it's like all about how your set up though.

LOL prolly the worst combo ever, but Firing a super missile then pulling out a D tilt and hitting with both is pretty **** as well :) Hit's MAYBE 10% of the time lol but that's almost generous

Oh at 0% Utilt combo's into itself at least twice

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I'm not understanding the dash attack to anything... combo.

When I dash attack a computer, they can almost immediately aerial punish me. What stops a human from doing the same?

Hive

Smash Lord
hey i was thinking you should add to the advanced move section under low charged shot that the fully charged animation can actually hit people grabbing the ledge,

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys, do any of you suggest anything that should be added to this thread?

-Soldier-

Smash Rookie
Beautiful thread. You guys know your stuff.

I've been inspired to use Samus after watching one of Xyro's "Green Lesbian" Samus Combo videos.

Great stuff, Samus should be able to move up a couple spots on the next Tier List. We'll see.

Xyro77

ok so i hacked my wii to where it plays frame by frame. The data i am adding is like 98% accurate. The only parts that MIGHT be off by 1-2 framed is the "ending lag". Its SUPER har to read it right.

i will be up all night doing this frame stuff(check back every 10min and new frame data will be one front page) so if anybody wants to chat with me on AIM, please do. xyro77 is my aim.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Who uses aim anymore, If I saw this earlier I woulda threw down an Msn though.
it would have been cool to you :p
also you pwn at figuring **** out about samus.

and i doubt she'll move up in the tier list, also maining her is a challenge so Good luck! and yes, Xyro's vid's are rather epic lol

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Good frame data.

If its not too much work; you should add how long the hitbox is active for. Im not sure how youre testing these or if its possible to do... but it'd be much more useful, to judge the usefulness of a more.

I know Grab's hitbox is much longer than one frame. As well as alot of other moves; Utilt, upsmash, UpB.....

Xyro77

Good frame data.

If its not too much work; you should add how long the hitbox is active for. Im not sure how youre testing these or if its possible to do... but it'd be much more useful, to judge the usefulness of a more.

I know Grab's hitbox is much longer than one frame. As well as alot of other moves; Utilt, upsmash, UpB.....
As far as i know, the hackers have not discovered a hack that show how big or how long the hit boxes are. I will ask them to work on it but im afraid we wont get any results any time soon. What i DO know is samus nair hit box lasts as long as shes PERFECTLY in her kicking form. Once she starts to put he rlegs down, the fit box is over. The tip of zair is a constant hit box of TRANSCENDING priority untill it starts to retreat then the hit box is gone. Thats pretty much all i know.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
well we need more samus mains to hack their wii's. I'm too effin stupid to do so however :'(
Trust me, I've tried lol

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I use mine for texture hacks. Phazon Suit Samus = <3

In all seriousness, though, someone should find a way to get hitboxes to show up like debug did in Melee.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
PS: To dertermine when a move "ends" i held down my SHIELD button during the whole animation of grounded moves. Since the shield comes out in ONE frame, that tells me when the move is over.
Shield doesnt come out in 1 frame. it comes out in like 6 frames. dunno, but im positive it doesnt come out in 1 frame. thats ridiculously fast.

Xyro77

Shield doesnt come out in 1 frame. it comes out in like 6 frames. dunno, but im positive it doesnt come out in 1 frame. thats ridiculously fast.
Wrong. It starts to come out in one frame. Once I saw that, I knew to stop counting frames.

Also, the hit box hack doesnt exsist yet. Once it does, things will change.

Xyro77

but i mean the actual shield shows up in 6 frames.
The FULL shield? maybe. but the animation on the shield shows up in one frame, that tells me its time to stop counting and go back 1 frame.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol Ozz please don't pick a Fight with Xyro.
Xyro is right, the animation of anything comes out the the first possible frame.
Landing lag affects this but all of samus' aerials auto cancel

.Marik

is a social misfit
Lol Xyro is too smart with Samus, honestly.

Yeah, I want to face people here...

I have a question, what are Samus's best stages to play on? Do platforms help or not?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
its general knowledge, not samus only. and yeah i was talking about when the full bubble shows up. i think it may be 6 frames.

lol me and xyro fight all the time. we're buddies

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol. he fights with a falco main?? scary business buddy.

Gnarly fights n00b, your still using my pin suit samus though...

Marik take your questions to the Q and A thread :p I will PM you the answer to your question though

Gum

Smash Journeyman
wow i cant believe the same people are actually playing this terrible game. I quit to play REAL fighting games, but I did recently play some Brawl, and still owned with Samus. two cents:

a well timed bomb to charge shot is amazing and will usually get you a sure hit, plus adds another 9% before the charge shot hits. good way to KO. gotta use Raigoth's bomb tech though. happy hunting.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
wow i cant believe the same people are actually playing this terrible game. I quit to play REAL fighting games, but I did recently play some Brawl, and still owned with Samus. two cents:

a well timed bomb to charge shot is amazing and will usually get you a sure hit, plus adds another 9% before the charge shot hits. good way to KO. gotta use Raigoth's bomb tech though. happy hunting.
LOL only works if they have no effing clue how the bomb works :)
I've done it before too, but I don't intend on using that as my main strategy to fire off charge shots.

Hive

Smash Lord
Wow, gum, talk about flashback. ^^ Good to see you again!

Although, going onto a gaming site for brawl, and then dissing on it, and then giving advice about the game is usually primed for fail lol. :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Wow, gum, talk about flashback. ^^ Good to see you again!

Although, going onto a gaming site for brawl, and then dissing on it, and then giving advice about the game is usually primed for fail lol. :)
couldn't have said it better myself lol

Top Bottom