• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I forget that ftilt could be angled down for a much closer hitbox. It really could replace jab cancel in certain situations, and it would be much safer too.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The Dairing Bounty Hunter

that^ combo vid has been added to the front page

Xyro77

the way he jumps back then forward is kinda neat. ill use some of his stuff. combos aren't anything new though. I hope my vid has new stuff in it(is almost done)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
what? thought you weren't making a new one?
haha actually his vid is insane, I loved it, so many sweet set's caught on cammy. I've done most of them, and 1/3 of those by accident, or me just chaining attacks to see where I can go from there.

Crescens

Smash Cadet
The Dairing Bounty Hunter

that^ combo vid has been added to the front page
You know, that video is a great asset to Samus players for one reason: 4:19. A well spaced dair is safe on block against Link's (with his high traction and all) grapple.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
lol wtf that dairing bounty hunter vid looked like my samus sometimes esp the jab cancel to fsmash and bomb to dair stuffz lol

Xyro77

Added Sago's Fusion Fun 2 to front page. If there is a combo vid i am missing, please PM it to me. Im still working on mine btw. I need a good title for mine, ideas?

Xyro77

lol thanks for the recommendation but i was hoping the idea could be around sorta what i already created. I was kinda thinkin:

Xyro's Samus: The Green Lesbian: Returns: Again
or
Xyro's Samus: The Green Lesbian 3

Xyro77

Well ive been slowly working on it for a few months. It will be 9 min. This video really isnt about COMBOs but rather, "here is what you can do is this situation." I want people to stop worrying about how FLASHY thier samus is and work on things to out smart people. Not to mention, MOST samus combo vids out there are the same.

Long story short, i need a name for it.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Could you add the KO Percentages topic to this thing? They've been lost by the myraid of stickies and general topics.

You don't have to put the list, maybe I (cough someoneelse cough) can make a nice JPEG or chart to use? Or just link to the topics

Xyro77

oh wtf come on. That was very impressive. i wonder how you would do vs USA players. oh and i added your OLD original combo vid to the front page too.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
hey guys what kind of capture card do you guys recommend?

i really want to start recording my matches

please and thank you

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
First thank you three for feedback :)
hey guys what kind of capture card do you guys recommend?

i really want to start recording my matches

please and thank you
Don't know how do it you Americans, but I use a GRABBER.

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
First thank you three for feedback :)

Don't know how do it you Americans, but I use a GRABBER.
I would recommend a Dazzle DVC170, it works perfectly for me. Never had any kind of trouble with it!

@ quiKsilverItaly

That Combo video was amazing, very nice use of morph balls and wall jump! I effectively use the wall jump now thanks to you ^^

Xyro, you might wanna change this:

Fully Refreshed (excluding bowser) Pummel=1-2%
Fully Exhausted (excluing bowser) Pummel=1%
Her pummel hits bowser for a normal %.

@Quik, superb combo video, the frame rate and resolution kinda bothered me though tbh, but the skill involved was absolutly superb. 9/10 <3

Xyro77

So untill its done on purpose EVERYTIME, im keeping the front page as samus doing 0. Flukes do not count. Cool find though.

Xyro77

You seem to be on the right track. Maybe if you pummel SLOWLY it may add up. I have not tried it so i cant say. once you find a way for it to work EACH time, ill edit front page.

You seem to be on the right track. Maybe if you pummel SLOWLY it may add up. I have not tried it so i cant say. once you find a way for it to work EACH time, ill edit front page.
It's not that slow, but I see your logic, I'll keep researching it I guess.

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
Xyro, tell me if this is a good move, sh missile to a sh zair, i average a 15-20ish% idk exactly because i only looked at the % in training and apperantelly it rounds down or something

Xyro77

Zair at most does 7. and if by some reason a lock-on missle hits its only 5-6 damage(iirc) so yea the math doesnt add up but then again i cant do math.

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
lol yeah i ment 10-15%ish i got confuzzled wit something else, but would you say thats a good tactic?

Xyro77

if you can land it, then yes. ANYTHING that gets that % higher is good in my book, no matter how u do it.

Top Bottom