• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Also Anoer beat glutonny in winners that tourney, even though glut tends to sandbag in winners, that's still pretty impressive

Tesh

Smash Hero
That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen work. I can't believe Gluttony just styles on people at the top of the metagame like that.

zmx

Smash Lord
That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen work. I can't believe Gluttony just styles on people at the top of the metagame like that.
Well if you think about it when you've got two players at the top of the metagame you almost HAVE to go for stuff like that if you want gimpy kills. Because even a top player wouldn't expect that. They'd expect anything but that.

Also I'm not sure what Leon could've done to prevent it. If he tried to knock him off the bike I'm pretty sure he still would've gotten hit regardless. If he air dodged he likely would have gone too low to recover or would have gotten edge hogged. Counter probably would have been the best option as he wouldn't lose too much height. Oh and of course he could have teched.

^But all of this is assuming he saw it coming and there was no way he could've. I think there's a slight possibility it wasn't even on purpose. Gluttony might have been doing the normal bike trick to get off the bike quicker by getting it from the ledge and he messed up a bit. It's very easy to mess up.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I love how gluttony starts a lot of his game by getting completely owned and going up 70-80% without doing **** and then just starts wrecking ****.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aniZ3YMXBo&feature=g-all-u&context=G259c7c1FAAAAAAAAAAA

not trying to be that ******* who promotes himself but game 1 for pit and olimar. game 2 for just olimar (i should have picked a stage i was used too like halberd but i tried out frigate and he ***** me there)
Lol i love when people say this. They are doing exactly what they claim theyre not and phrase in a way that will absolve them of any shame. Well played Maharba, well played.

zmx

Smash Lord
People promote their own videos here all the time. Especially Seibriek.

But I think his point is that it doesn't make it any less self-promoting if you add the "not to do X but here's X" part.

I personally don't mind and don't think anyone else does either especially if the videos are good. Just don't act like you aren't promoting yourself.

Laem

Smash Champion
The first minute and a half of the Jujux set is a must watch. Things it pretty much confirmed for me:
- Zelda's dashattack is very useful for her
- DI'ing out of Zelda's Fsmash still leaves you susceptible to follow ups such as dashattack
- Lightning kicks are brokeeeeeen, given the Zelda is actually a competent player.
- Upsmash multihits on shield to fall off stage to KO by ending hit
- People's view of Zelda here on smashboards is way too pessimistic. That means you, Fuujin.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
but you know its coming so you should have power SDI already prepared for that situation so he doesnt hit you with:

*blah*

I know im smarter than you but I would expect you to at least keep up that much at least...
Arrr, you know I can play this game too.

Jab is guaranteed, that much is certain. Now which way do you want to SDI, behind him or away from him?

... I wonder what happens if you end up buffering inputs and your opponent decides to do nothing in anticipation of you trying to cover one option.

Chances are you'd probably Smash one way, run another, or something else equally stupid.

Don't see things in singular perspective, you "buffoon." Sometimes there's good reason for certain things.

:093:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
DDK looked like it had no idea what to do vs. Zelda.
You can tell by how he approached when he had the lead, and he hesitated to punish Zelda while she was landing.
Also, not throwing a hitbox at Din's.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Arrr, you know I can play this game too.

Jab is guaranteed, that much is certain. Now which way do you want to SDI, behind him or away from him?

... I wonder what happens if you end up buffering inputs and your opponent decides to do nothing in anticipation of you trying to cover one option.

Chances are you'd probably Smash one way, run another, or something else equally stupid.

Don't see things in singular perspective, you "buffoon." Sometimes there's good reason for certain things.

Dont lie to me, you werent considering any of this when you made your original statement.

the chances of that happening are very very rare.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
DDK looked like it had no idea what to do vs. Zelda.
You can tell by how he approached when he had the lead, and he hesitated to punish Zelda while she was landing.
Also, not throwing a hitbox at Din's.
Haha, wrong. Neath & Jujux play together very often.

This was actually a small tournament for people who come from the South of France.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Dont lie to me, you werent considering any of this when you made your original statement.

the chances of that happening are very very rare.
Hmm? Why would I lie to you? There's no reason for it. I don't get anything from it. I'm not trying to impress you, of all things.

Think about it, what's the worst that would happen if you got hit by a full jab combo? Three new fresh move tallies, puts on a bit of damage, puts you in perhaps a slightly worse spot... So what? It'll never outright kill. You don't have much to lose from there as opposed to trying something that won't work without certain circumstances.

... And it's only rare because you know as well as I do few people give this sort of thing any thought to begin with.

Top Bottom