• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Well, the issue I have is if that makes him better than Kadaj.
Like, if you swapped Kadaj and Zex with their locations, they'd still be winning all the tournies with marth.
I mean, unless people here have played both and can vouch for one being better than the other.
Apex results don't mean anything because Zex went almost all MK :(
The problem was about Zex being top 5 you noob :I

Jiggzsus Christ :facepalm:

Also, Chocomarf for top 5, mike can vouch for me :awesome:

:pichu:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Zex seemed pretty good for the short time I played him.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
he hasn't lost a single tournament in norcal that he has attended (excluding ragnarok the CA state regional that i think rich brown or mike haze or someone won) since pre january 2010 when meep (the norcal snake, not the ICs) was the best player in norcal and zex mained pit during that time.

i repeat Zex has not lost ONE SINGLE TOURNAMENT HE HAS ATTENDED IN NORCAL IN OVER 2 YEARS AND WITH ALMOST NO EXCEPTION GOES 100% MARTH

and aside from nationals/regionals/multi-state attendence tournaments i have never personally seen him use anybody but marth except for 2 months a long time ago when he was picking up snake for doubles and wanted to practice him in singles. and he still won.

how anyone but him can be considered for marth #2 in this country?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
By being better and not being wimp enough to go all MK at nationals.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Would you mind if I use it :awesome:

And wow nike can you just please gtfo you noob you're making my :ivysaur: icon crey, it be creying so mush :c

D

Deleted member

I Top 5 yoshi?
5/102 at winter game fest in SoCal, all yoshi

Beat vatobreak (ranked 8 in socal), dsf, jaimeHR(one of the best players in mexico), and more (but most you probably havent heard of much, mostly socal players). Lost to tearbear and havok game 3 for both.
I mean i havent played many tournaments in a long while (this was my first tournament since i stopped playing a year ago), but me and YOSH at least are both better than slush (no offense to slush), who doesnt have too many notable wins recently, and not many all together.

I probably need to play a few more tournaments first. But not too many yoshis are placing top 5 at regionals in pretty hard regions, or in general. WGF wasnt like a super stacked tournament as far a socal goes, but the competition was solid.

anyways, food for thought at least.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I approve of burntsocks and his yoshi (that loses to captain falcon on FD) of being top 5 :I

:falcon: da bestest :pichu:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wait 4god beat chibo?
i change my mind, i beat 4god, put me above chibo asap. thanks =]
One win does not constitute everything

*resisting to john*

@ Stingers & Chibo:
I'm curious at why you both feel 8Bit should be higher than me. I'm not mad or anything, just wondering if it's simply riding off of his Pikachu victory.
Relatively close players, except 8bit has an exceptional win. Do you have anything to sort of match it or a few close wins that can somewhat add up to it?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I approve of burntsocks and his yoshi (that loses to captain falcon on FD) of being top 5 :I

:falcon: da bestest :pichu:
Because Yoshi completely slaughters Falcon >.>

And Socks SHOULD be a Top 5 Yoshi, in fact, put him over Hades at #4.

So like:
Delta-cod
Poltergust
Firefly
Burntsocks
Hadesblade

zmx

Smash Lord
This list is bad and you should all feel bad. The only character that matters is MK so who cares what Yoshi mains are a little less terrible than others.

Also sorry to correct you V115 but DDD happens to be the best looking character of all time. ZSS is pretty ugly relatively speaking.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Because Yoshi completely slaughters Falcon >.>

And Socks SHOULD be a Top 5 Yoshi, in fact, put him over Hades at #4.

So like:
Delta-cod
Poltergust
Firefly
Burntsocks
Hadesblade
So wait, drowning in R1 of pools at Apex puts me back above Hades? :glare:

IMO:

1/2. Delta-cod/Poltergust (leaning slightly towards Polt because of Apex results, but Delta did get harder pools than Polt due to being given a lower seed R1, so it really could go either way)
3/4. Burntsocks/Hadesblade (not sure which one should be higher, given that Stocky only really has one recent tournament under his belt)
5. Scatz (made it to R2 at Apex, is doing reasonably well in GA. Is also da bess, as previously stated)

:005:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hades went to Don't Blink, got 13th. I went to the same tournament and got 1st. I think he had 2nd or 3rd seed, but so did I. I played him early, after he beat 7FO He went on to beat Zwarm who used ROB that tourney, and then lost to Oro the TO, who used Marth. Oro is pretty good on his own too, I've seen him and Meneil play, and Meneil is up there in terms of Ike playstyle. I think Kirk is only slightly better than Meneil far as Ike goes.

Anyways, Hades is still staying pretty active and never places horrible. I think he should stay 3rd, I personally have played Polt, Hades, Slush, and Z'z I believe. I'd rank them that order too.

EDIT: boy that was a long tangent to justify Hades's matchups but lol its the truth, MW is pretty down to earth when it comes to results, and with the MK ban we're getting even MORE new players doing well/

EDIT2: btw same tournament I went pretty much 100 percent Pit from Pools up til Winner's semis, where I used Wario once (and lost a game)... But then I went to GF set 2 with Kain and won once and lost twice with pit :pit: (1-2) so I evened it up and then took it all with Wario for two games (3-2). So I used Wario like, 3 times the whole tourney, even though I DID beat Kain in Winner's finals with solo :pit:

I'm going to gauge where this puts me if anywhere on Wario, but I think it warrants putting me above Kira MAYBE, unless he's done some work recently, which I'm fine with. Finally, ED is getting 1st place IF I can find a good tournament from MEX that he's placed high at or some kind of evidence that he does well against high level players in his region (TKD for ex)

Scatz

Smash Champion
I don't really need to be on there. My placements recently have been 7th or 9th at GA tourneys and I only lose to GA's top 5 and Reflex (and his brother as of late). Apex I did absolute *** in after making it to R2. If anything, that hurts my credibility to being a top 5 Yoshi.

Krystedez, none of the top Yoshis place horrible (Burnt, Delta, Firefly, Hades, Me, and Yosh), but mainly Delta and Polt have big differences from the rest of us in terms of placing and activity.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I don't really need to be on there. My placements recently have been 7th or 9th at GA tourneys and I only lose to GA's top 5 and Reflex (and his brother as of late). Apex I did absolute *** in after making it to R2. If anything, that hurts my credibility to being a top 5 Yoshi.

Krystedez, none of the top Yoshis place horrible (Burnt, Delta, Firefly, Hades, Me, and Yosh), but mainly Delta and Polt have big differences from the rest of us in terms of placing and activity.
In that case, perhaps we should put YOSH in for 5th?

:005:

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's an extremely hard toss up if you ask me. Yosh and Burnt are inactive as of late (for Yosh, you can see why since he lives in Arkansas), I'm on my last semester of being in bum**** nowhere, GA. Honestly, the top 2 are secure, but the other 3 are the spots that's really hard to get right imo.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Burnt just placed 5th at WinterGameFest though!
While that may be, he also hasn't been active for an entire year. He has no other results to back up that ONE placing. That's not exactly fair to the people that's consistently doing good.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What were the full results of WGF anyway? Isnt it a free tournament with dozens of walk ins?

Tearbear

Smash Ace
i got 4th at wgf with olimar/falco/rob/kirby/DK/G&W but mostly olimar/falco so give me one of those spots

and the tourny was free but there was still a pot

Tearbear

Smash Ace
While that may be, he also hasn't been active for an entire year. He has no other results to back up that ONE placing. That's not exactly fair to the people that's consistently doing good.
ive been posting **** ton of fox results but yeah its just how it works around here

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
What were the full results of WGF anyway? Isnt it a free tournament with dozens of walk ins?
I looked at the thread and saw Free entry.
Which kinda made me think... 40 or so randoms going against decent/good players the first few rounds and those players already in Winners 3-finals Losers 1st-quarters.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I've been more active lately and I think my few recent results could qualify me for top 5 G&W again:T.
My last 3 tournies have been
Fatality 3
7/20ish, losing to Jash/jtails
Concentrate 3 ( Results were never uploaded but im sure someone could vouch for me:( )
5/35+, beat Vex, atomsk, and losing to bizkit/nairo
Apex[/
beat kadaj, got first seed in my pools.
Losing to X/trela in second pools, getting third seed.

The first one wasn't great but it shows that all my losses have been to high level players so meh:l. I have a few others before these three which are pretty much the same.
I'm pretty sure Gimr has been inactive and I don't think Vex even uses G&W in singles anymore though I won't get head of myself lol. Yep.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I guess Kryst's opinion on the Yoshi skill order has changed? http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13341024&postcount=378

And if you guys are saying Yosh should be Top 5, not to say he's bad or anything, but one of his local players, Lash who he goes pretty even with, I used to play on Wifi all the time and would consistently 2-3 Stock him. Sure, it's wifi, but I barely play wifi at all and pretty much wrecked him...

Also, I know a couple months ago I said I wanted to be top 5, but lately I dont feel like Im that good yet.

Top 5 imo should be:
1. Delta
2. Polt
3-5. Burntsocks, Hades, Firefly (in no real order)

If Burntsocks isnt active enough... Idk, keep Slush there or something. Really, I think that if Burntsocks is getting active again, we should just wait for him to hit the activity level needed to be ranked, and then update the Yoshi list instead of constantly amending it.

D

Deleted member

I played literally no randoms. There were some. Lots of not randoms too lol cuz the tournament series is pretty established and awesome. And fair enough @ zz and the like.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom