• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So I guess Kryst's opinion on the Yoshi skill order has changed? http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13341024&postcount=378[/color]

The fact he had hades over polt just shows how little he knows about most of our results.

And if you guys are saying Yosh should be Top 5, not to say he's bad or anything, but one of his local players, Lash who he goes pretty even with, I used to play on Wifi all the time and would consistently 2-3 Stock him. Sure, it's wifi, but I barely play wifi at all and pretty much wrecked him...
Even if you already stated herpaderpa it's wifi. There's literally no need to type that out then if even you know it's not worth mentioning.

Also, I know a couple months ago I said I wanted to be top 5, but lately I dont feel like Im that good yet.

Top 5 imo should be:
1. Delta
2. Polt
3-5. Burntsocks, Hades, Firefly (in no real order)

If Burntsocks isnt active enough... Idk, keep Slush there or something. Really, I think that if Burntsocks is getting active again, we should just wait for him to hit the activity level needed to be ranked, and then update the Yoshi list instead of constantly amending it.
Not sure why people are still putting Delta over Polt.
Even if they're a year or so results. Polt still has a couple of big names under his belt that he beat. Delta started getting good wins and placings since last year from the two nationals he attended (Not entirely true, locals as well). Along with the one tournament Polt won, despite some people getting drunk during the tournament.

Also, That 5th placing is literally up for grabs for Anyone.
I'm incredibly bad, and my guess is about the only reason miles put me in the top 5 is cause around 2010 I had some decent results for just joining the scene/Tons of activity since, at the time, SA/TX was extremely active.
7 tournaments in a row each week was one hell of a time...

I played literally no randoms. There were some. Lots of not randoms too lol cuz the tournament series is pretty established and awesome.
My post didn't really just mean you if you were thinking that.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Arguing about who qualifies to be one of the 'best' players for like, the second worst character in the game... :I

dey don kawl dem da braynee boreds for nuddin :pichu:

vato_break

Smash Master
WGF also had stages like green greens, corneria, japes, and luigis mansion legal for the first half of the tournament

also there were TONS of randoms who didn't show up for their matches, i know this because i was one of the people helping run brawl/melee singles day 1

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Polt succombed very hard to my pit because he doesnt know how to fight him. Hades consistently beats me on FD but no where else. I'd say Polt knows his advanced techs more now that I remember, so yes my change of opinion on order is justified.

To be fair, I think the last two that I've played are a toss up, they are somewhat equal (Slush and Z'z)... I've only played each yoshi once except Hades whom I play regularly.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Only tech Polt has been practicing from what i've seen, is B-reversals. Which he sometimes messes up and still goes for the DJC Egglay instead.

And Pit isn't a very common MU in TX, not sure about florida.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hum, guess you're right. Polt's just really consistent in his b-rev's and aerial stuff than Hades. Hades on the other hand has an overall better idea on how to fight Pit NOW :troll:

I realize that this is just my opinion and it doesnt overall reflect how yoshi top 5 will change at all quite yet. I just am contributing to discussion. And I also realize that I haven't played you for a while Slush.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm just contributing to the discussion too. And like I said, MLG Dallas last time I played you.
Though we have been to a few tournaments since then.

>clicking enter posted my reply instead of next paragraph

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
No I'm FreeLux >_>

FreeFreeFree FreeSAM is a top5 IC though

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Hades went to Don't Blink, got 13th. I went to the same tournament and got 1st. I think he had 2nd or 3rd seed, but so did I. I played him early, after he beat 7FO He went on to beat Zwarm who used ROB that tourney, and then lost to Oro the TO, who used Marth. Oro is pretty good on his own too, I've seen him and Meneil play, and Meneil is up there in terms of Ike playstyle. I think Kirk is only slightly better than Meneil far as Ike goes.

Anyways, Hades is still staying pretty active and never places horrible. I think he should stay 3rd, I personally have played Polt, Hades, Slush, and Z'z I believe. I'd rank them that order too.

EDIT: boy that was a long tangent to justify Hades's matchups but lol its the truth, MW is pretty down to earth when it comes to results, and with the MK ban we're getting even MORE new players doing well/

EDIT2: btw same tournament I went pretty much 100 percent Pit from Pools up til Winner's semis, where I used Wario once (and lost a game)... But then I went to GF set 2 with Kain and won once and lost twice with pit :pit: (1-2) so I evened it up and then took it all with Wario for two games (3-2). So I used Wario like, 3 times the whole tourney, even though I DID beat Kain in Winner's finals with solo :pit:

I'm going to gauge where this puts me if anywhere on Wario, but I think it warrants putting me above Kira MAYBE, unless he's done some work recently, which I'm fine with. Finally, ED is getting 1st place IF I can find a good tournament from MEX that he's placed high at or some kind of evidence that he does well against high level players in his region (TKD for ex)
I lost to Hades' Dedede, not his Yoshi. I two stocked his Yoshi game 2 after a close game 1 that he won.

D

Deleted member

If I'm on I deserve no better than 5th. For now bahaha. Hades>firefly maybe I heard he beat FOW that's what a Vegas player told me

:phone:

Scatz

Smash Champion
That list should be something like:

Polt
Delta
Hades*
Firefly/Yosh/Burntsocks

I have Hades marked cause I don't exactly know his results. So, I can't pinpoint his position, but if they're what I'm thinking, then they should be better than what the other 3 have for now.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I don't think the top 5 Yoshis should be changed at all atm. Burntsocks did very well at that tourney but it's been 1 tourney in over a year that was free entry. Slush has been placing well in Texas for a long time now, so he shouldn't be taken out unless Burnt comes back to more tourneys and reps dat Yoshi. Also there's too many Yoshis that place well to try and switch around the 3-5 (Firefly, Hades, Slush, Me, Yosh, Scatz and now Burnt) Just leave it as it is atm.

Typing on phone sucks x_x
:phone:

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Lol damn on the hate, i'm not a top 5 marth but i'm not bad either XD

I at least know my characters and mus. The only reason my placings aren't the best is because i keep getting out smarted and I'm working on that =P

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'm comfortable with the ZSS List. So Comfy all I need is a pillow. But I have supreme Johns for my performance in Pools R2 at Apex...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Sad thing with most Yoshi's.
They usually have a secondary.

Polt using King D3 Vs Lucario, or Shiek instead of Yoshi dittos.
Hades using D3 I guess.
Firefly with MK I think Diddy kong and donkey kong?
Scatz with Pikachu
Yikarur with MK and Diddy kong.

Of course I don't blame them, but still. Like john#'s list, for this list i'm sure using more than just your main in tournament should hurt your placing even more.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Why am I not on the R.O.B. list?

Stingers and Stockfield both know what I'm talking about.

Clearly I'm the most ROB, man.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sad thing with most Yoshi's.
They usually have a secondary.

Polt using King D3 Vs Lucario, or Shiek instead of Yoshi dittos.
Hades using D3 I guess.
Firefly with MK I think Diddy kong and donkey kong?
Scatz with Pikachu
Yikarur with MK and Diddy kong.

Of course I don't blame them, but still. Like john#'s list, for this list i'm sure using more than just your main in tournament should hurt your placing even more.
Do any other Yoshis have secondaries? I know you dont, Polt doesnt (except Sheik for playing the ditto lol), I dont think Raptor does, MX I think might, YOSH doesnt, I do but havent used any of them in months...

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Just to let you guys know Stevo :mario2:/:dk2: player is honestly a very overlooked player which is very understandable considering he really hasnt been out of state much and his videos on youtube are very limited, but playing many great marios such as vato, boss, and kirinblaze, I can say without a doubt in my mind 100 percent garuntee that stevo is the best mario player in the U.S. also he is a very good upcoming DK player that is yet to show his stuff.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any secondaries.

Although, for doubles, I will sometimes go fox, because he is heckuva fun to use in doubles.

Edit: Oh, and Kira is right. Stevo's mario is legit. He has beaten Kiraflax in bracket and Silly Kyle in pools. He may have beaten some other notable players but I am not sure.

Judo777

Smash Master
When do I get to be #1 on this list lol? It has been a general consensus for like a year now that I should be at least tied for first (or as of late people have leaned more toward me taking number 1 myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom