• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Can you guys refrain from treating this topic like any other social thread? I'm asking nicely just this once.

I'll make an update this weekend, sometime.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
wondering why yoshiken is still not even considered for top yoshis. all that will change when az starts traveling this year.
Just gotta say that Yoshiken, like HadesBlade was, will become one of the next Top Yoshi players! Straight from Arizona <3
I love you guys, hahaha. I am so glad that we will finally have the money to travel and play OoS this year.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Based on my experiences with :rob:'s...Chibo>Stingers>Eric. From the three I've played. I'd put Holy as first. Has 8bit done anything other then take a set from Esam?

:018:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
esam is really ****ing good, but he has a few glaring weaknesses that certain playstyles just beat. for example, his ICs are gay enough to beat gnes in bracket and his pikachu has beaten razer, but esam has yet to beat illmatic :/ 8bit probably has a playstyle that beats esam, plain and simple. trust illmatic is not better than gnes, but against esam he sure is

edit:

esam ur a bad *** mother ****er, this is just an example/opinion/swf post. it holds no weight

MVD

Smash Master
Well Eric has always sucked **** against peach Idk why he has a rep of being bad against mid tiers

:phone:

falln

Smash Ace
For the :kirby2: list it should be (imo)

falln
ybm
kewky/rrr/kiwi

im honestly not too sure of spots 3 4 and 5 because no one's really been posting much about results except for stuff like "oh put kiwi on shes top 5"

however i dont think chu should be on the top 5 list because
A. He hasn't attended anything other than apex in like the last year+
B. He didn't do good at apex
C. All he has going for him is 09-10 accomplishments which is (as stated quite a few times now) is more fitting for a character hall of fame ordeal

can we get some more lists finalized though?

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Chu got 5th in teams at APEX using kirby.

A KIRBY Getting 5th in teams at a NATIONAL!!! I think that alone keeps Chu in the top 5.

So it should be something like

Chu/Falln
Ybm
Kewkky/Kiwi/rrr

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Meh I wouldn't put him top two for just that. I know that's really nice accomplishment, but it's just that one thing(plus it's doubles). Maybe one of the 3-5 spots.

:rosalina:

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Pretty much exemplifies that despite his lack of attendance, he's still at the level he was.

And has anyone topped that?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
No kirby comes close to Chu, not meatriding either, he's just that good with Kirby :I

Beasting with pink :pichu:

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
So did a crapload of other good players like Slikvik, Cable, Hunger, teerbeer, lain, Pink_Fresh, Zeton, Arty, Neo, MJG, MVD, Kain, etc. :I

Unless you think you could've have beaten Dojo and BC I:

Be honest plocks :pichu:

Edit: That was supposed to be @ falln lol xI

falln

Smash Ace
@choco: those players also attend other tournaments and perform well at those to prove that they are in fact still at high level play. however only attending one tournament for a year and not achieving anything in singles (his placing in doubles is impressive i'll agree but still) shouldn't warrant him for spot 1. if we want to credit him for past accomplishments then cool i'm on board but this isn't the right thread for that.

also how much credit are we giving doubles results here in general? i have personally never considered doubles particularly important but i know many others are the opposite

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
A good player doesn't need several tourneys to prove they're great or at least still know how to be better than a lot of other players :I

Chu proved that by doing well in singles without any known tourney practice and by carrying fatal so far in dubz I:

Pink balls too good :pichu:

Coney

Smash Master
doubles are their own thing, shouldn't count for anything here tbh

i agree that chu is like, far and beyond the greatest kirby of all time and a true legend and all that ****, but he really hasn't played in a very long time.

i mean, do we want this to be a top 5 of all time or just of right now?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Chu's pools set with Dojo was extremely close though. IIRC, Dojo won game 3 via timeout with like, less than 10% on Chu. I didn't see his set with Bloodcross though (Chu's other loss). All I'm trying to say here is that I think Chu drowning in pools speaks more for how stacked R2 of pools was than it does for how out of practice he is.

:005:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Chu practices like once a week with Boss and Esoj. Sometimes Korn. That's very good practice even when he doesn't attend tourneys in our region anymore (Because of Logic looool).

:018:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
this is supposed to be the current consistent tourney attending players. why else would pits take off koolaid and esca? why would snakes consider removing bizcuit, etc? why would chu stay on the list for kirby having only one tourney under his belt in the last year or more. also, for dubz look at the bracket and who they played compared to other people, that bracket had some ludicrous seeding. like compare who nairo/adhd played compared to who gnes/razer played. east coast rigs brackets lol. inb4mikehazevswillwasn'tpreplannedinsingles

Tesh

Smash Hero
he drowned in pools
While I'll give you this, we ARE talking about singles and being amazing in doubles shouldn't weight in on this list, you didn't attend Apex did you? So what makes you think you would have done better/are better? As far as top mid tier players, only 10 made it into the bracket. Only 2 of them even made top 32. As you can see by the results, drowning in pools at Apex doesn't really mean you aren't the best *insert character*. Especially when its a less than viable mid tier character.
this is supposed to be the current consistent tourney attending players. why else would pits take off koolaid and esca? why would snakes consider removing bizcuit, etc? why would chu stay on the list for kirby having only one tourney under his belt in the last year or more. also, for dubz look at the bracket and who they played compared to other people, that bracket had some ludicrous seeding. like compare who nairo/adhd played compared to who gnes/razer played. east coast rigs brackets lol. inb4mikehazevswillwasn'tpreplannedinsingles
Its easy for a bracket to look rigged in a tournament this stacked. Especially in doubles, where you might have alot of first time teams that look good but aren't good.

Also the difference between chu and esca/koolaid is that they don't play or enter anything and he just DID enter something.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Chu's pretty good, just saying. Kirby's a monster in doubles too. He will always do better in doubles than in singles when used by a great player than pitted against MK's time-outs the best top tiers in singles. Considering, too, Chu drowned in pools against great players (give him a less-stacked pool and he'd have gotten far in the brackets) and made top 5 in teams, even when he rarely attends tourneys anymore. It's not bad at all.

I barely ever hear anything about YbM anymore. I know he keeps playing, but I never hear people talking about him anymore. :(

I've heard great things about falln, but a month or two ago, if somebody mentioned his name, I would've probably shrugged and forgot about him. I still wonder why he wasn't recognized much beforehand, especially in the Kirby community...

RRR is the most active Kirby player I remember, he used to go to tourneys weekly. Dunno if he still does anymore, my laptop died a while ago and I still don't have it back so I'm kinda behind things these days (except mod duties).

And I feel silly when I say this, but I have never heard of Kiwi or Keeby, so I guess it's time to do some research!

I'm not gonna make a list of the top Kirbies cuz I still wanna be #1 and whatever place I put myself at will make me feel egotistical hohoho, but I think Chu's still #1 for Kirby mainer. I wish you could've gone to Apex, falln, I wanted to hear what people said about you. For now, all I know is what I learned about you while doing Kirby's MUs in the MU chart. :(

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Lol why are people discussing the Kirby top5?

Chudat has placed money with Kirby recently, regardless of doubles or singles.
YbM's Kirby has placed money in the past and is still the closest Kirby to Chu's level (and some say on it already); still, without recently Kirby success, shouldn't there be some kind of 'decay' to his placing on the top 5 list?
DRN is the only Kirby to make it out of pools @Apex (Which is a substantial achievement).

If we're talking about Kirbies, falln <---has done well recently from what I've heard so, if we can get some results linked, shouldn't he be somewhere?

The here and now, and probably 3mnths in the past is what should matter. Placing well in a strong state/region should matter. Placing at nationals should matter. Winning money should matter. Beating big names should matter.

Nothing else should.

Based off that shouldn't we be looking at a list like:

Chu
DRN/Ybm
Falln/Ybm
RRR/Ling Ling <---Honestly a place holder since there's no other Kirby doing anything amazing right now.

Edit: All I could find recently on Falln is : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315471&highlight=falln where he placed 9th in a CA tournament. Strong state, small tournament. Not very indicative.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LOL DRN doesn't even use Kirby, JoWii.
Falln placed really well at LSC and tons of other tournaments than just that one.

Player-1

Smash Legend
DRN definitely plays kirby, he lives in my state so i would know. Have you even seen the results thread of apex? He has kirby next to his name

falln

Smash Ace
regarding ChuDat and Apex: no one misinterpret what im saying. He was placed in a rough pool and is a very intelligent and skilled player. However in the tournament scene for the last year or so he has been incredibly inactive and to my knowledge this is a thread indicating the top active players. Having no notable accomplishment for apex singles and no tournament history for pretty much the past year I struggle to see why Chu would be able to keep his spot on the list.

Regarding DRN: i noticed he made it into bracket which is cool. Does anyone know what his pool was?
------
my results spanning the last 6 months or so (december's kind of a lame month with finals and christmas and family stuff)

E4SC: placed 9th. beat pitbull. lost to vatobreak and tyrant
LSC: placed 9th. beat pwii and jerm in pro bracket. lost to kprime and havok
E4HC: placed 9th (lol legacy). beat zekey in bracket and z in pools. lost to havok and fow.
TP Socal: placed 7th. beat zekey in pools. lost to tyrant and fow.
E4H phoebe: placed 4th. beat yoshiken (pools + bracket) and rich brown. lost to mikehaze and tearbear.
Return to Madness (norcal): placed 2nd. Beat Jeepy and Sky. Lost to Sean in winners and grand finals.

earlier in 2011 i also beat mikehaze, vato break, anuar, and z again.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pretty sure DRN is a ZSS. Although I've barely heard of him before Apex so he could be anything.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Pretty sure DRN is a ZSS. Although I've barely heard of him before Apex so he could be anything.
I remember his name, but I can't recall his main. If he's another ZSS+Kirby mainer... Why are there so many of us? :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom