• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Sad thing with most Yoshi's.
They usually have a secondary.

Polt using King D3 Vs Lucario, or Shiek instead of Yoshi dittos.
Hades using D3 I guess.
Firefly with MK I think Diddy kong and donkey kong?
Scatz with Pikachu
Yikarur with MK and Diddy kong.

Of course I don't blame them, but still. Like john#'s list, for this list i'm sure using more than just your main in tournament should hurt your placing even more.
I haven't used Pikachu seriously since I've been detached from GA's smash scene. All my results have been with Yoshi with like one or two maches where I change characters (ex. the most recent tourney I have, I went Falco vs Peach because I didn't know the MU with Yoshi completely to be safe winning it with him).

I can't speak for the others, but I do believe that Firefly uses(d) MK to take care of mainly Rob. Other than that, his results were all Yoshi.

Besides, if it were like that, then there would be a lot of discrepancies about other players being on the list while using multiple characters.

wondering why yoshiken is still not even considered for top yoshis. all that will change when az starts traveling this year.
That's why. I'll be interested in seeing how he does.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I have no secondaries xD Also, why isn't John12346 top 5 Lucarios? He consistently does well in NY/NJ and has beaten people like Vinnie, and Will (just off the top of my head.)

:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Shadow1PJ should be moved up to number one on the TL spot list

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Shadow1PJ should be moved up to number one on the TL spot

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I broke my curse against Toon Link and beat him at APEX. Either he's not ready, or the world isn't ready.

*CT*

Smash Lord
In my opinion a lot of this is just biased and a popularity contest to get on. I'm not really saying "blank" is better/worse than "blank." Or that the people on there shouldn't be on there. But for the most part I concur with the people on the list. People that say they should be on the list, shouldn't really have any input because that a completely biased statement in itself.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Oh but you see CT, I really want that top 5 Snake man, I don't care how I get there, I'm going to put myself on there because I'm like, the best ever and don't main any of my old characters anymore, and have taken him out in one friendly and beaten a person semi-good and the match was almost close and I'm just totally awesome so just do it!

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Damn, i missed out on something didnt I :(

but anyways,

Shadow1PJ should be moved up to number one on the TL spot

z00ted

Wow, I can't believe Vato of all people would mess that up.

archer.

Smash Lord
On topic then, I think Nairo should be moved up on the MK list. Based on what we saw at Apex I think that much should be obvious but I'm not sure what spot he should take because of the high caliber of the other players.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Relatively close players, except 8bit has an exceptional win. Do you have anything to sort of match it or a few close wins that can somewhat add up to it?
Relatively close by results? Video observations?

The only comparison from what I've done against Fl is taken a game off of "Nicker", Pikasam, and SeibKnight.

As for my region, I've consistently taken sets from Infern, took down Scribz one of the last times we've played, and had Coney and GIMR compliment my ROB enough to consider it one of the best ROB's they've played (better than yours iirc but idk if that has any value).

I won't argue that I've been somewhat dry on results lately, school drastically kept me from either competing in tournies or consistent on my game. But that busy semester is over now, and especially after being on my OCEAN kick, I think you'll be hearing more from me in the future as well competitive-wise. =D

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
On topic then, I think Nairo should be moved up on the MK list. Based on what we saw at Apex think that much should be obvious but I'm not sure what spot he should take because of the high caliber of the other players

edit:

damn it eric

Dnyce

Smash Master
On topic then, I think Nairo should be moved up on the MK list. Based on what we saw at Apex think that much should be obvious but I'm not sure what spot he should take because of the high caliber of the other players

edit:

damn it eric

z00ted

edit:

damn it eric

Chuee

Smash Hero

edit:

damn it eric

Fuujin

Smash Champion

edit:

damn it eric

Patches

Smash Master

edit:

damn it eric

:phone:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I can't speak for the others, but I do believe that Firefly uses(d) MK to take care of mainly Rob. Other than that, his results were all Yoshi.
I've been moving away from MK for the local ROBs (eternally salty my region of ~10-15 regulars has 2 ROB mains :glare:). It depends on the player, but I now use Diddy for one of them and DK/Yoshi for the other (our sets are becoming CP battles). Aside from a couple sets where I've switched off Yoshi just because I lose confidence and want to see if one of my other characters can do better, I really only use MK for a WA Toon Link player (though after Apex, I want to make myself trust my Yoshi more for those situations anyway)

As for Yoshiken, Scatz mirrored my thoughts. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. =]

P.S. - This thread is ****ing stupid.

:005:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Just gotta say that Yoshiken, like HadesBlade was, will become one of the next Top Yoshi players! Straight from Arizona <3

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I've been moving away from MK for the local ROBs (eternally salty my region of ~10-15 regulars has 2 ROB mains ). It depends on the player, but I now use Diddy for one of them and DK/Yoshi for the other (our sets are becoming CP battles). Aside from a couple sets where I've switched off Yoshi just because I lose confidence and want to see if one of my other characters can do better, I really only use MK for a WA Toon Link player (though after Apex, I want to make myself trust my Yoshi more for those situations anyway)

As for Yoshiken, Scatz mirrored my thoughts. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. =]

P.S. - This thread is ****ing stupid.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Can you guys refrain from treating this topic like any other social thread? I'm asking nicely just this once.

I'll make an update this weekend, sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom