• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Kappy beat JJRockets (Best Diddy in IL, who used to be PR'd, but was inactive during the last list), first round of winners last weekend. JJ ended up getting 3rd overall even though he lost so early.

So yeah, basically, don't count Kappy out for the Kirby list, he's just been a little inactive lately because of school.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kappy beat JJRockets (Best Diddy in IL, who used to be PR'd, but was inactive during the last list), first round of winners last weekend. JJ ended up getting 3rd overall even though he lost so early.

So yeah, basically, don't count Kappy out for the Kirby list, he's just been a little inactive lately because of school.
There's good kirbies here and there, but what I hate to say cuz it sounds like an excuse, is that we're either inactive mainers, or underperforming mainers who make Kirby look like crap. :(

Kappy's obviously the former, he's good and doesn't afraid of anything.

I have blackwaltz as my roommate now. UGH we should be attending tourneys+smashfests dammit!

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummm DRN Absolutely does not play Kirby.... Let that be known, he does NOT play Kirby. Whoever made the character Icons for him Screwed up. He is a ZSS player who did really well.

I honestly don't know anything that Falln has done. I'm just hearing peeps saying stuff.

I did bad at Apex, Although I was in my Zone Day 1. I became completely drained after staying in the Venue for over 9 hours after my pools were complete. We were suppose to do pools R2 the same day, but ended doing it the next day, so we left the venue at like 2:30am. Had to be back at 9am. Didn't settle down to sleep til like 4ish. Had to wake around 8 to shower. 4 hours of sleep johns plus, cold hands with no chance to warm up johns. And Everyone was being scared to play first so I started my pools off getting ***** by Ocean and then everybody else continued to do so. I'm confident I could have got 2nd seed in my pools.

I'm currently in the process of moving to Texas and there are not as many tournaments in my area. So results are in a drought at the moment. I won't argue where I'm placed because regardless I know my Kirby is on equal level with the best Kirby.

Also, for those of you who haven't checked it out. Here's some footage of Apex I took...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ep1KN1tork

DRN

Smash Lord
Lol yea i solo :zerosuitsamus:. I have no idea where :kirby2: came from when they put a character icon next to my name.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
LOL DRN doesn't even use Kirby, JoWii.
Falln placed really well at LSC and tons of other tournaments than just that one.
Your mom doesn't even use Kirby. <3

regarding ChuDat and Apex: no one misinterpret what im saying. He was placed in a rough pool and is a very intelligent and skilled player. However in the tournament scene for the last year or so he has been incredibly inactive and to my knowledge this is a thread indicating the top active players. Having no notable accomplishment for apex singles and no tournament history for pretty much the past year I struggle to see why Chu would be able to keep his spot on the list.

Regarding DRN: i noticed he made it into bracket which is cool. Does anyone know what his pool was?
------
my results spanning the last 6 months or so (december's kind of a lame month with finals and christmas and family stuff)

E4SC: placed 9th. beat pitbull. lost to vatobreak and tyrant
LSC: placed 9th. beat pwii and jerm in pro bracket. lost to kprime and havok
E4HC: placed 9th (lol legacy). beat zekey in bracket and z in pools. lost to havok and fow.
TP Socal: placed 7th. beat zekey in pools. lost to tyrant and fow.
E4H phoebe: placed 4th. beat yoshiken (pools + bracket) and rich brown. lost to mikehaze and tearbear.
Return to Madness (norcal): placed 2nd. Beat Jeepy and Sky. Lost to Sean in winners and grand finals.

earlier in 2011 i also beat mikehaze, vato break, anuar, and z again.
This is enough for me to say he should be 2nd AT LEAST. I see a win against: Pitbull (top5 Lucario), Jerm (top3 TL), RickBrown (best Oli, hard MU for Kirby), Z (top5 Pikachu) and a placement in money once @Return to Madness.

Honestly, in terms of who he beat, his placing in money, and that it's all within the last 6ish months compared to results from '10/ early '11 from Chu.

I think if the last spot is a place holder, Kappy deserves a shot at it.

Tl;dr - Falln looks like the most active Kirby, placing money, beating top names. Obviously Chu and YbM are still top Kirbies, but recently there just hasn't been any activity, or placement by them with Kirby; just Kirby.

Falln
Chu/ YbM
Placeholder4 and 5 RRR/ Kappy/ etc.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
falln beat RB's MK , not his Oli (RB was sorta sandbagging 3rd game too, no offense falln) :I

Other wins were legit tho I:

And Keeby for top 5 :pichu:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
^ That still counts for something. There aren't a lot of Kirbies beating MKs. There are a handful of us that know the match up, and there are fewer who can make theory into in-game wins.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I know, I'm just warning the Kirby players before they go nuts and start saying that the MU is +170,000 in Kirby's favor :I

Like the ICs did when lain first beat M2K at apex lol I:

dark days those were :pichu:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Ummm DRN Absolutely does not play Kirby.... Let that be known, he does NOT play Kirby. Whoever made the character Icons for him Screwed up. He is a ZSS player who did really well.

I honestly don't know anything that Falln has done. I'm just hearing peeps saying stuff.

I did bad at Apex, Although I was in my Zone Day 1. I became completely drained after staying in the Venue for over 9 hours after my pools were complete. We were suppose to do pools R2 the same day, but ended doing it the next day, so we left the venue at like 2:30am. Had to be back at 9am. Didn't settle down to sleep til like 4ish. Had to wake around 8 to shower. 4 hours of sleep johns plus, cold hands with no chance to warm up johns. And Everyone was being scared to play first so I started my pools off getting ***** by Ocean and then everybody else continued to do so. I'm confident I could have got 2nd seed in my pools.

I'm currently in the process of moving to Texas and there are not as many tournaments in my area. So results are in a drought at the moment. I won't argue where I'm placed because regardless I know my Kirby is on equal level with the best Kirby.

Also, for those of you who haven't checked it out. Here's some footage of Apex I took...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ep1KN1tork
I feel ya, Y.b.M.,I have those same johns, and while they are legit, remember that there are other players that were in your same situation. Albeit, you had quite a bit harder pool, you ... got pretty wrecked. Still, I think that has something to do with your lack of ability to stick with one character sometimes. You often did some screwy stuff in our pools in Mw scene. You need to practice ruthlessness and get 1st or 2nd seed ALL the time so that you can prepare to have the same mentality for Pools where if you don't do well that means NO BRACKET.

I'm not harpin' on ya or calling you out, just want to say that you been in this community longer than many of us and you should know the ropes by now, but instead you're too chillaxed and such, makes you an easy target. Get that kirby out more than ZSS, hell, solo Kirby, and eff people up, I know you can. I honestly think you're number 1 kirby, no regional bias, no nothin; the truth.

just curious, who is RRR? i have never heard anyone mention the guy up until now.
He's a cool wifi kirby that is really good, other than that I don't know how well he does in tourney on a regular basis, I only just met him at Don't Blink.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
MJG Triple R and I have ONLY faced on wifi so that's where I know him from. I played him in doubles and met him for the first time at Don't Blink. That's just how I know him. lol.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
???

By that logic, Krystedez, I've only interacted with you via SWF. Therefore, I will say you only post on Smashboards and ignore your off SWF accolades

I've seen video of Triple-R pooping on MN. Some of the most absurd Kirby stuff ever

Nairo

Banned via Administration
this is supposed to be the current consistent tourney attending players. why else would pits take off koolaid and esca? why would snakes consider removing bizcuit, etc? why would chu stay on the list for kirby having only one tourney under his belt in the last year or more. also, for dubz look at the bracket and who they played compared to other people, that bracket had some ludicrous seeding. like compare who nairo/adhd played compared to who gnes/razer played. east coast rigs brackets lol. inb4mikehazevswillwasn'tpreplannedinsingles
ur an idiot they had seeding points for doubles bracket it wasnt some EC rig bracket **** thats how seeding was cuz every1 had diff amounts of points

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
???

By that logic, Krystedez, I've only interacted with you via SWF. Therefore, I will say you only post on Smashboards and ignore your off SWF accolades

I've seen video of Triple-R pooping on MN. Some of the most absurd Kirby stuff ever
By WHAT LOGIC?

Jesus FUSDFksdkog hjsg

GFRHHRHAHHRHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Gah.

Okay.

I SAID

"MJG Triple R and I have ONLY faced on wifi so that's where I know him from. I played him in doubles and met him for the first time at Don't Blink. That's just how I know him. lol. "

THERE IS NOTHING TO BE MEANT BY THAT I WAS JUST SAYING HOW IIIIIIIIIIII KNOW HIM!

Jesus effin christ people always wanting to start something and make things out stuff I said.

I NEVER said "oh he's just a wifi kirby", I said he was a cool one from where I know him from. THAT is my personal experience and nothing more.

omfg I cant believe you think I'd ignore someone's acheivements just because you read into my post like that, wtf wtf wtf Im not a happy person right now.

I think... I just got a hernia from that rage. I'm going to go lay down... UGH.

DeLux

You called him a wifi kirby (that you didn't know his tourney accomplishments [which he has] and just met and is a cool guy)
Cool guy compliment aside, I've never even met him and was just pointing out he's more than that.

No need to rage

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Oh no I called him a wifi kirby so does that mean I'm discreditting all of his potential accomplishments?

I never said all of that^, but yet you just said that by my logic I'm ignoring all of his ventures.

That's why I'm a bit ragey.

Also I've been called a Wifi Wario and Wifi Pit for almost the full 3 years this game been out so it's not really an insult, nor a category, just something to describe how I know him.

EDIT: SORRY. I should just look past all of that and be like "oh that's so well I'm not surprised I've heard more than I've seen so yea." In other words I know RRR is top 5 material I just was stating how I know him personally.

DeLux

oh my bad then. I see the misunderstanding (mostly on my end)

we cool?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Wait, kryst plays offline? :troll:

Ya'll suck and should go back to arguing about who is the best bowser imo :I

tbh :pichu:

Triple R

Smash Lord
I take no offense from what anyone said. Krystedez didn't mean to say I'm just a wifi Kirby. There are other people out there though that think I'm just a wifi Kirby because they've played me on there, but it's pretty far from the truth.

It's hard to get recognition when you live in MN. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere when it comes to the Midwest. But I'm a very active Kirby player. I go to a local game store for a small tourney every week. I also try to go to WI/IL/IA and other close states when I can.

As far as rankings. I do feel I belong on this list. Being 5th wouldn't bother me at all. I do admit lately my performance isn't the greatest, but there are plenty of people in the Midwest who can vouch and say I'm a solid Kirby. I've also been told by multiple people that they think I'm at or above Y.b.M's level, and that my Kirby is scarier. Opinions are opinions though.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Silly hunger, in truth it is whoever has the bawls to play green Kirbeh that is the bess kirbeh there is, kirbeh :I

10:kirby2:s :pichu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom