• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Keeby should also be on the list. He has a win on Zekey and he's beaten me in pools before

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> I'm sure there are a good number of Kirbies with one or two notable wins under there belt. Does that qualify them for TOP 5? Because if so, throw me up there too. ;D

zmx

Smash Lord
Chudat/Fatal

5th place Apex doubles.

Yeah the guy has zero results.

Edit:

Did falln or any other kirby do anything notable at Apex? Legitimate question, not a callout.

Cassio

Smash Master
Seriously though, I dont think Chu at this moment is capable of the wins falln has accomplished.

falln

Smash Ace
i wasn't at apex. class johns yadda yadda

rich has a sensitive ego and probably hasn't read a single post that didn't have his name highlighted

keeby certainly isn't bad but he really doesn't have much in the way of wins outside 1 win on zekey. that being said the only reason i ever listed kiwi is because 4 people brought her name up and i have no idea what her actual accomplishments are or if any of them are trolling so

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Nope, youre wrong. Chu isnt the best kirby. GG.
Agreed.

Chudat/Fatal

5th place Apex doubles.
Yeah the guy has zero results.
This is singles, not doubles.
Inui and Mekos would be under every character as first, if that were the case.

Seriously though, I dont think Chu at this moment is capable of the wins falln has accomplished.
He might be, but we'll never know if he doesn't attend anything : ).

Falln recently beat Pwii and Jerm at LSC, as well as tons of players from SoCal which is extremely impressive.

Pretty sure falln was the only one to make bracket.
Falln didn't even attend Apex..
Please research before you throw out stuff like this.

z00ted

Because I should be owner of this thread and Krystedez is always sick/slow at updating.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
LOOOOL for the last time, I went MK against you to mess around. You've never beaten my Olimar in a tournament set. Also Chu is better than you.
If you were messing around why would you go metaknight?

You should have just gone luigi then LMAO.

I don't buy that you were sandbagging.

Its like impossible for me to compute a top level player picking a character that was considered overpowered enough to be banned to be sandbagging.

z00ted

I'm sorry about not making it out of pools, Player-1.
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think Jebus would have under those circumstances either.

:c

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Why hasn't the Sheik list been updated in a freaking year and a half?
I'll update it then. Just petition your thoughts with a post or redig up an old post of your suggestions. I wish people would quit asking the question over and over per character. I made a hefty amount of updates in a reasonable space of time. It's not like I don't want to.

btw Dark Pch made it out of pools at Apex didn't he?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Okay I updated Pit (owed it to the Pit boards for a while) . . . I think Fyre is the biggest "placeholder" but I know of her acheivements. Luckay should be on fifth spot if he can take a tourney well with Pit alone. Fyre far as I know solos Pit.

That was just a quickie update, something that was easy. Kirby should be done later, I'll look for posts about Sheik, and a few other things later when I have time. Got some reading to do.

Also, ED will be 1st if I can actually FIND results of his Pit doing work, I'm just going by what I hear from the boards, I sure hope he's actually "STILL" doing work.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Vinnie
Lain
Hylian
Smoom
Cheese

I'm still deciding on who to bump and who to keep in order to throw ESAM somewhere and you on there too DeLux.

Some help would be nice. How did all of these players fair if at all at Apex? And is Hylian done or still playing?

EDIT: btw we cool sorry for not responding.

ESAM/Vinnie
Vinnie/ESAM
Lain
Smoom
Hylian/DeLux if Hylian isn't active any more.

ESAM should get 1st but I don't want to knock Vinnie off unless people are like "yea vinnie does more work with GW and/or ESAM is doing better with ICs than all of their mains" or something.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Okay I updated Pit (owed it to the Pit boards for a while) . . . I think Fyre is the biggest "placeholder" but I know of her acheivements. Luckay should be on fifth spot if he can take a tourney well with Pit alone. Fyre far as I know solos Pit.

That was just a quickie update, something that was easy. Kirby should be done later, I'll look for posts about Sheik, and a few other things later when I have time. Got some reading to do.

Also, ED will be 1st if I can actually FIND results of his Pit doing work, I'm just going by what I hear from the boards, I sure hope he's actually "STILL" doing work.
I don't think ed deserves to be first.

Imo, it all depends on how you weight activity+results.

Top 3 contenders ONLY=
You
Ed
Kira
Koolaid

4/5 contenders ONLY=Fyre, ptzr, luckay.

I think ptzr deserves the number 4 spot. He had some noticeable high-level wins at apex and does well in his area usually only losing to boss/kadaj from what i remember.

Fyre/luckay. Honestly hard to judge who deserves number 5.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I weigh results equally as much as activity. If you don't have one, you only have about 50 percent of the criteria. Activity is very hard to keep up with I realize so some exceptions can be made. If Ed has only been doing work in Mexico and no other region, that's fine, long as it's recent and top 10 in regionals, top 5 in locals, and top 20 at nationals in his own country. Those are my criteria for top 5.

So:

Kira
Krys (Ill move up when I take one more tourney solo pit or do well at a regional)
Ed/Koolaid (to keep Kool would only be right if Ed has the same level activity as Ed)
Ptzr
Fyre/Luckay, I want to see Luckay do some work like I been doing locally and then he can take fifth for sure, right now Fyre is holding it due to her accomplishments in doubles with MVD and her overall skills as a solo Pit main.

YES DOUBLES COUNT FOR SOMETHING (though not a whole lot)... If I had to say, Doubles are only 25 percent of criteria meant for results threads like these, and I only count them if there are no other contenders in singles like for Pit.

z00ted

I weigh results equally as much as activity. If you don't have one, you only have about 50 percent of the criteria. Activity is very hard to keep up with I realize so some exceptions can be made. If Ed has only been doing work in Mexico and no other region, that's fine, long as it's recent and top 10 in regionals, top 5 in locals, and top 20 at nationals in his own country. Those are my criteria for top 5.

YES DOUBLES COUNT FOR SOMETHING (though not a whole lot)... If I had to say, Doubles are only 25 percent of criteria meant for results threads like these, and I only count them if there are no other contenders in singles like for Pit.
Why do you finalize the list and create the rules?
If anything, your opinion should hold just as much weight as all of ours.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You know what I think would make dealing with this a LOT easier than how it's run now (and Ive mentioned this a couple times already), why dont you just have each character board use their own top 5 thread (I know 80% of the character boards already have a thread for it) and let the actual people playing the character judge the Top 5 there. That way, you wont have a huge mosh pit of people arguing about different things, saying everything needs to be updated, etc, and use this thread more to combine all the Top 5's into one place, have them be reported by the character boards, and have people bring up changes here, but then move discussion on actual changes to the threads for the respective character.

z00ted

because it's his thread. if you don't like it, make your own.
Ummmm.... no?

If this is his thread and if "we don't like it, then we can make our own" then he should have just made a list and had a moderator immediately lock it so no one could comment on it.

In my opinion, Brawl Doubles is a COMPLETELY different playing field than singles and shouldn't count towards this thread in any way whatsoever. And I'm pretty sure a lot of other people would agree with me on that statement.

You know what I think would make dealing with this a LOT easier than how it's run now (and Ive mentioned this a couple times already), why dont you just have each character board use their own top 5 thread (I know 80% of the character boards already have a thread for it) and let the actual people playing the character judge the Top 5 there. That way, you wont have a huge mosh pit of people arguing about different things, saying everything needs to be updated, etc, and use this thread more to combine all the Top 5's into one place, have them be reported by the character boards, and have people bring up changes here, but then move discussion on actual changes to the threads for the respective character.
That sounds nice, but I think we actually enjoy having other people's opinions other than just the character boards'. It's easier to access here and more people can collaborate on their experiences with said player in tournament.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
But fyre beat seibrik and riddle in a 2v1 with less stocks :(

Lololol

I agree with ill though.

Also, as far as fyre goes she doesn't have as good as a showing(read:OoS) as luckay buuuut

She does really well in Fl so it's hard to say.

@Gadiel bro you know quite a bit about ed. How active is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom