• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
:lucario:
Junebug, Trela, Zucco, Lee Martin, Fonz
->D. Disciple, Pitbull

I have NO idea who Pitbull is. And as far as D. Disciple goes, how does he fare in tournaments lately?

Lucario discussion is fun so we can do it. I only have played Trela and Fonz I think.
^
Also mega old, but Pitbull is from SoCal, although it seems you've got that info. D. Disciple is decent. I actually think that they're switchable, since Pitbull plays in a tough region and still does decently. He beat Praxis (aka self-proclaimed "LucarioSlayer3000") at Genesis 2 and almost made it out of pools.

The main problem is that the top 2-3 are significantly better than the 4-5. They are mostly up in the air once someone gets some big results/upsets (who I'm gunning for spotwise, btw lol).

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I should easily be in the Peach top 5. I'm ranked in my region, going to be moving up the rankings next period. My last few placements have been like 5th, 5th, and 4th outta 25ish. My most recent notable wins are X and Tearbear (not MK but he keeps getting top 4 w/o him these last few months and he kept beating me lol). Beat Mike once and DSF (both some time before genesis) and other pretty good SoCal peeps like Falln and Paper when they were ranked. Beat Jebus recently. He's not ranked b/c of inactivity but he a win or rich and terry and larry and he shud've beaten tyrant like a month ago but choked rly hard. Idk, it's kinda dumb that among the peaches it seems like I don't exist. =(

Oh I've beaten Illmatic in a few money matches! oooooh~! lol

edit: Honestly, I think I'm better than all the Peaches but I just don't get any attention b/c SoCal doesn't post **** on SWF.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I played Razamakazi and he beat me worse than Illmatic beat me.

falln

Smash Ace
zzzz what raz said but replace peach with kirby. i posted my update for top 5 kirbys a while ago but it got eaten by this thread so who knows. tearbear also posted my general recent performance a page or two ago so that's there for anyone who doesn't track wc (read: 95% of swf)

kirby rankings imo:
1. me
2. chu (not sure if he permanently quit or is hiatusing. if he quit for good remove him if not put him here)
3.tyrant
4. kingtoon/ybm
5. ybm/kingtoon

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Just get off of that lolicon infested facebook-wannabe website and chill over here more often guys. :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow, after watching the TP SoCal videos I'm 100% convinced that Havok is a top 3 Snake in North America.

:059:

T0MMY

Smash Master
and t0mmy like quit. idk if he still plays or not. like...he has always gone to tourneys off and on but idk I havent heard of anything at all from him on smashboards or allisbrawl for awhile. but I dont really check up on his tourneys so idk...

either way....as long as im above chibo idc. but t0mmy like needs to actually start playing lol
LOL, wut? I posted that I quit playing OVER A YEAR AGO haha - I did that because Chibo ranked himself as #1 on his R.O.B. rankings and I didn't want to be associated with that in any way because it was all east coast biased, so I just told him I quit.

If you don't see me posted on AiB/SWF it's because the R.O.B. boards are 1) nearly dead, and 2) just a social thread that doesn't have much to offer. I read but I don't post often; we're not being ranked here on how active we are on SWF, if you want that ranking go see Chibo's old ranking.

I don't see how you could say I am any less active than yourself considering I don't see you at any tournaments... and I actually travel to east coast. I am top 3 in my region and go to notable west coast nationals (i.e. Genesis 2) where I've always been the highest ranking R.O.B. - so when I'm at east coast/midwest tournaments why don't I see you there? I wouldn't doubt you're better than Chibo, but you shouldn't even be listed if you're not attending nationals since this is a national list.

He's being dumb and maining sandbag again, he was at Genesis 2 though.

He doesn't go onto SWF much afaik.
Phil, make sure you clarify you are talking about locals. Me not playing R.O.B. and goofing off in a local event of 12 people where our two "best players" in the state use Random for grand finals doesn't mean anything to national standings. There's a reason why I was the only person to beat Jem last regional :^p

lol, and hey we both still aren't above tommy :p

This is all singles of course, if it was doubles I'd have this in the bag lol

There's a bunch of ROBs with awesome one off wins, but other than that I haven't heard of anything else from them at all, like 8Bit
Stop losing to Meta Knights in your reagion that I 3-stock ;^D
Pretty sure if this were doubles I'd still have the #1 spot.
And I agree 8-bit is about ready to break out in the world.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yo tommy, don't get so defensive lol. This is not strictly a "national" list, its just a list of the top 5 players of each character lol. Sans jigglypuff doesn't place at nationals afaik =p you know?

:phone:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
The update looks good, nice job Kryz.

Maybe you guys should look at Ganon again? Verm hasn't been going to tournaments for about half a year I'm guessing. Fonz WON an Ohio local with Ganon, and I recently got 3rd at a chicago local with Ganon.

It would seem that Verm's in Washington now, so hopefully he'll start getting into tournaments again... but lately Fonz and I have been really stepping it up, so I don't think he belongs in 1st anymore even with his previous tournament results.

edit: ray kalm hasn't been to tournaments in like 2 years... not sure what bloodynite is doing these days but I figure you should keep him on. Maybe put Michael Hey on somewhere because his Ganon's good, and maybe Vex, Atomsk, or Gunblade too.

edit 2: hunger has been going to pretty much every tournament lately, and with his results he deserves to be on the top 5 warios again.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
But Doom i don't think you understand... Xavier ***** this Link spot

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
har har that's funny cause I don't like that word I get it\

wait apparently it's a meme I don't get

Roller

Smash Legend
1.)Vinnie/Lain/Esam
2.)Vinnie/Lain/Esam
3.)Vinnie/Lain/Esam
4.)Hylian
5.)A really good ICs if not Cheese or Smoom

I mean I've played Cheese before and he's really good at keeping grabs but in general he never played like Lain and actually desynched while staying safe a lot.
1) Lain
2) ESAM
3) Vinnie
4) Smoom
5) Hylian (doesn't practice anymore and has fallen off a bit.)

Max Ketchum

You have to be kidding, Roller. What tournament accomplishments does ESAM have with ICs that rival Vinnie's, even BEFORE Vinnie beat M2K?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, Vinnie is over me for sure now. Lain and me are pretty much even though, we both beat our region with them (Although FL is better) while we both took a game off of M2K.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
1. Vinnie
2. lain
3. ESAM
4. ???
5. ???

??? - Would be some combo of Hylian, Cheese and Smoom for the last two spots.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
1) Vinnie
2) Esam/Lain
3) Esam/Lain
4) Smoom
5) Cheese

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Smoom is from Texas and specializes in JV 4 stocking people for fun.

Tearbear

Smash Ace

Maybe you guys should look at Ganon again? Verm hasn't been going to tournaments for about half a year I'm guessing. Fonz WON an Ohio local with Ganon, and I recently got 3rd at a chicago local with Ganon.

It would seem that Verm's in Washington now, so hopefully he'll start getting into tournaments again... but lately Fonz and I have been really stepping it up, so I don't think he belongs in 1st anymore even with his previous tournament results.

edit: ray kalm hasn't been to tournaments in like 2 years... not sure what bloodynite is doing these days but I figure you should keep him on. Maybe put Michael Hey on somewhere because his Ganon's good, and maybe Vex, Atomsk, or Gunblade too.

edit 2: hunger has been going to pretty much every tournament lately, and with his results he deserves to be on the top 5 warios again.
mememememe
and yeah vato used mario in friendlies
I know MY mario wouldnt lose to my ganon though

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

I can agree here. I should be taken off until I'm active again. Given that where I am in Oregon, tournament attendance is costly both temporally and financially, I don't see me attending tourneys regularly any time soon.

In my opinion, the current best Ganons are:

Fonz, DLA, Terodactyl_Yelnats, Breezy and the 5th I'm unsure of. If I had to pick a 5th, it'd be Vex. No particular order.

Max Ketchum

Who are Terodactyl_Yelnats and Breezy? Vex's Ganon is amazing last I remember, and I might get to test out how true that still is tonight.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Tero is a Ganon from British Columbia and Breezy is a long-time Ganon main from Minnesota--both with admirable accomplishments. It's easy to be good as Ganon, but finding amazing Ganons is a rare privilege; only a small handful of amazing Ganons are out there. The only Ganons I'd feel comfortable calling experts are Tero, DLA, Fonz, Kalm (when he played) Zhouten (when he played), Ijosh (when he played) and Breezy. Like most low-tiers, Ganon has virtually zero rep, so the difference between good Ganons and the elite isn't always evident.

Edit: Oh, and that wasn't directed at any of the other Ganons that may have been mentioned. Just a general statement.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Ffffff how could I forget Breezy. He's #3 behind Fonz and me for sure. Tero is also great, though I haven't really seen many of his tournament results. If he's still going Ganon in tournament then I'm guessing he's #4... and I'd put Michael Hey or Vex at #5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom