• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
4GOD has been to more than two tournaments as far as I know. I've seen his name in results threads a few times.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Ok, these are the only two acceptable Pikachu lists:

1)ESAM
2)Anther
3)PikaPika / K Prime
4)PikaPika / K Prime
5)Z

OR

1) ESAM
2) K Prime
3) Z
4) Brick
5) Stealth

Actually 5 on the second list would be difficult because there might be people with good seconds.
either work, nice to see that im considered up that high though. need to get better so as to make it a definite :D

that really is the problem with ranking pikachus though. once you hit my level its a mix of many players all around the same level lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Two things:

1. My Sopo is so good it was banned from entering a tourney yesterday

2. I have a bet with MJG that I'm going to dethrone him as the best TL in the nation. In the event this happens, he will quit TL and only refer to me as the Asian Sensation.

I am about half way towards being the best in the nation with TL by being the second to best TL in my locality. Next is the region, and then the world :)

DRN

Smash Lord
4GOD has been to more than two tournaments as far as I know. I've seen his name in results threads a few times.
Overall hes been to waay more then 2 but he's only been able to attend 2 recent tourneys because he just got back from FL. Man is an amazing DDD and if hes not on the list now he will be soon anyway.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Sorry guys I will have to postpone updating because of this sh**.

I got -2 (NEGATIVE 2) days to turn it in. In other words, I'm burning up late policy days as we speak.

Sigh. If only I hadn't had 3 exams last two weeks and homework up the butt...

I'm saaaad sad little CS student :(

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys I will have to postpone updating because of this sh**.

I got -2 (NEGATIVE 2) days to turn it in. In other words, I'm burning up late policy days as we speak.

Sigh. If only I hadn't had 3 exams last two weeks and homework up the butt...

I'm saaaad sad little CS student :(
I know that feel bro. Im a sad, sad little cs major at Georgia Tech who's also experiencing issues with the late policy for my networking class. Nice to meet you btw :) Purdue's a great school!

As for my activity, I usually take summers off. However, if results for the entire year are being considered, then I've been to around 10 this year. Btdubs, Ive competed in brawl since summer of '09

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo, 4god is mad legit. He is one of the most patient D3s ever and he is the only one I've seen to do the shield grab one to get like 2-3 extra grabs per stage length. I've heard he can also do the buffered pivot grab infinite for a few reps...

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
So how bout putting Judo as #1 Sheik?? After SiiS6, i feel as if he should be at #1(unless ed is still active)

Player-1

Smash Legend
lol what happened to lie for top diddy haha.
Just cuz Anti ***** him doesn't mean he should be taken off the list lol.
He's like 3rd or 4th best diddy.
Noooooo not really. Top 3 are def ADHD, gnes and Felix. Biglou is better than him, but has been inactive most of the summer which is why he is below me. Me and lie are probably around the same skill level as me. Lie is smarter than me, but I know matchups way better than him (he lost to drns zss and stingers rob both of whom I have beat), but he is using mostly MK now from what I've heard so he got dropped

:phone:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I think what he's trying to say is that even if Player-1 and Lie combined skill power, the combination would still be on the same level of Player-1. Therefore, Lie wouldn't even be needed, thus, nullified.

Kinda arrogant of you, P1, sheesh :awesome:

Player-1

Smash Legend
What? I never said anything like that. Lie is smarter than me and overall a better player (MK + diddy), but I know MUs better than him so overall we are probably at the same level. The reason I got the edge on him is because he isn't using much diddy from what I hear

And I'm just stating the reasonings of why kryst made those changes, I was pretty modest when we were discussing a few pages back if you want to check it out at least IMO

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Noooooo not really. Top 3 are def ADHD, gnes and Felix. Biglou is better than him, but has been inactive most of the summer which is why he is below me. Me and lie are probably around the same skill level as me. Lie is smarter than me, but I know matchups way better than him (he lost to drns zss and stingers rob both of whom I have beat), but he is using mostly MK now from what I've heard so he got dropped

I think what he's trying to say is that even if Player-1 and Lie combined skill power, the combination would still be on the same level of Player-1. Therefore, Lie wouldn't even be needed, thus, nullified.

Kinda arrogant of you, P1, sheesh :awesome:
Damn, the troll went wayyy over your head LOL

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Namesearching my name is a pain because a lot of people spell it "Mr.", so I just search eric and sift through everything.

mad worth it ;3

vato_break

Smash Master
i think i should be 5th spot as diddy, i've beaten X, Zekey, paper(previously ranked in socal), Camaman(very good wolf player) pitbull(top 5 lucario), and took game offmike(lost due to using mk other two games) in tournament and Raz, some of tearbears characters, DSFs mk in money matches

DRN

Smash Lord
i think i should be 5th spot as diddy, i've beaten X, Zekey, paper(previously ranked in socal), Camaman(very good wolf player) pitbull(top 5 lucario), and took game offmike(lost due to using mk other two games) in tournament and Raz, some of tearbears characters, DSFs mk in money matches
Other diddys up there have better results and taking games off people doesnt really help u. I mean heck i've taken a game off of M2K's MK in bracket but since i lost the set its meaningless lol. But i may be wrong of course and you should also list tourney placings and what not to help compare to those around you. I would also wait till Krystedez gets back to diddy to post your info. I believe he plans to go through each character one by one either starting with the highest or starting with the lowest.

Sooo Krystedez once you're ready are we discussing characters starting w/ mk? Or did your new plans have something else in store?

vato_break

Smash Master
ah okay, the past 3 tournaments i've entered i've gotten 5th/25-30 people. wasnt sure about the others accomplishemtns but, still thought it was worth posting. SoCal is hard man lol

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I promised I'd reveal my idea so here it is. Scrutinize it, tell me if it's worth it, or should we just stick with the subjectiveness of ranking people in a number system like we always have :p I will not be back at this topic mostly this week so I'll come back and read responses later.

CHAMPS AND PROS

This system will comprise of two main ideas:

1.) Players achievements will be compared to players directly in the top player list already first. If a player meets the criteria for TAKING the runner up or professional position held by someone else, then they will replace that player very easily. This is like saying "Oh well Vinnie is definitely top 5 material, he should replace Cheese at least because they haven't been playing much, and Vinnie has better tournament wins/etc..."

2.) Players in the Champion positions must be CHALLENGED. By that I mean they must never be removed completely from the top listing right away. They first be compared to one of the runner ups already in the list. If that runner up meets the criteria for taking the Champion's place, they will forfiet that spot for the new champion.

This is a way to look at it: 2 Champions and 5 Professionals, or 1 Champion and 4 Professionals, depending on the number of people capable of taking these positions.

For example:

:luigi2:
CHAMPS (no particular order)
Big Lou
YoshQ

PROS (no particular order)
Boss
Jbandrew
Scatt
B3@ST
Krystedez's Dad

The 2 bold names are champions, and must be challenged by members in the runner up positions to have their positions stolen. Again, by challenge I mean that they still use the same criteria (wins/losses/accomplishments/activity), but only can be challenged by the ones in runner up positions.

This gives way to more recognition for players that deserve it but we just don't have enough spots for them. We can also avoid the subjectivity of regions, and stop comparing people at such detailed levels, and only give two people (or one person if the character list is too underrepresented) the title of "BEST" with that character.

I will put this new proposal in the topic's OP btw..

Flayl

Smash Hero
We're already doing the champ thing but with 5 people. If you really want to give credit to more players you could do a honorable mention thing in a spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom