• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
This isn't just about me. Are other people being evaluated the same way? Maybe some dude has a really good DDD, but he can't win tourneys with him alone. So he plays a secondary, like MK, and always places top 3. He is best DDD cause he has high placings. See what I'm saying?

And don't get me started on league =S

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I wouldn't know, Zac. Vinnie was in first for a while. If you believe he should be second, discuss your guys' results recently. :) If you can provide good reasoning, there is no reason why I can't go over it in the next update.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
He only beat Seibrik with GaW. He used ICs on ESAM and Redhalberd. I recorded those matches for that tourney. I don't know/remember if he used GaW on any notable non-PR'd players though.

:rosalina:

Sync.

Smash Champion

In any case, when it has been made apparent there is no other suitable replacement for you besides Hyro (anyone caring to argue FOR another person should do so at this point... NOT for Pj to stay on), it will be done by the next update, scheduled for... Sunday night.

hyro is better than me he has always been better than me why can't u just put his name there jesus christ lol remove my name reomve my name remove my name reomve my nanmmwkrnej2ewfbebhvikvvbejnvpbth3g509u4360]i90[i18-]z8g5v 3

I doin't play anymore at least hyro goes to la tournaments take me off u baby back rib eating *****

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
yumad sync/pj

dont u read.

lol.

i didnt say i wasnt goin to remove you. i want people to discuss who should replace you besides hyro, and in the case no discussion or case is made for someone else, then i'd put hyro

quit trollin' mah authoritay~

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I wasnt prepared to remove a solid ICs main without discussion so I decided to wait until that occurs.

If ESAM is to be placed on the list, who should drop? Smoom? Cheese?

Vinnie

Smash Master
Off the top of my head

I've beaten with :gw: :

-Nairo x3
-Junebug
-Seibrik x3
-I did use G&W vs Redhalberd game 1, and 2 stocked him. He just took me to FD twice because I guess he would have rather played my ICs than my g&w I guess.
-Jash several times
-Ninjalink
-Domo
-MVD
-Will

I used him in games to beat:
-Poltergust
-Ultimaterazer
-Denti
-K Prime
-Shugo

Also in January, I lost game 1 to Logic with my ICs, then won the set with G&W, despite it being considered -2.

Zac, the only thing you've done this year is beat dallas, and lose to d4ba and dphat who I've beaten in MMs with g&w (well I used ICs to beat dphat one game but yeah).

"doing well against the best of the best" doesn't mean anything btw. I've 2 stocked m2k in tourney before, and taken games off Lee, Tyrant, ANTi... the only thing notable you've really done all year with g&w is... ?

The only notable thing I can actually think of you doing this year is beating Denti, which you didn't do with g&w. lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I wasnt prepared to remove a solid ICs main without discussion so I decided to wait until that occurs.

If ESAM is to be placed on the list, who should drop? Smoom? Cheese?
Both. They don't perform nearly as well as I do. So yeah, I should at least be #3 (above Hylian). Me/Lain/Vinnie are all REALLY close in terms of skill and players beaten, so I'm not gonna care where I am on that part.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
To substantiate:

I pretty much beat everybody in FL I've ever played with ICs (Except Nick Riddle), meaning Seibrik, MVD, Red Halberd, Master Raven, DFEAR, Xaltis, etc.. I haven't played most people in CFL with them, but I would do pretty good.

Now, for OOS:
I beat Rich Brown with them
I beat Trela with them in a MM (3-1)
I beat Domo with them at WHOBO (2-1)
I beat Zex 2-0 in winners of Genesis2 with them (2-0)
I ***** Vinnie's G&W in MMs (a few 3 stocks)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Also in January, I lost game 1 to Logic with my ICs, then won the set with G&W, despite it being considered -2.

Zac, the only thing you've done this year is beat dallas, and lose to d4ba and dphat who I've beaten in MMs with g&w (well I used ICs to beat dphat one game but yeah).

"doing well against the best of the best" doesn't mean anything btw. I've 2 stocked m2k in tourney before, and taken games off Lee, Tyrant, ANTi... the only thing notable you've really done all year with g&w is... ?

The only notable thing I can actually think of you doing this year is beating Denti, which you didn't do with g&w. lol
I don't play this game anymore. I don't think I should be on the list. I was merely bringing up the point that these Top 5 results are iffy for players who use more than one character. Getting high results as a G&W player, yet using another character like MK or ICs, doesn't mean your should be "Top #1 G&W player."

Prior to this year I've done really well with G&W, in doubles and in singles.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Did you u...nvm.

So why ICs, Esam? I thought :pikachu: was good? :awesome:

Anyways, I will take that all into account. Anyone wanting to discuss tournament wins vs Cheese and Smoom would be great. I'm still not all that clear on why they appeared on the Top 5 with the likes of Vinnie and Lain in the first place. Hylian is like smack dab in the middle to me. Putting it that way,

1.)Vinnie/Lain/Esam
2.)Vinnie/Lain/Esam
3.)Vinnie/Lain/Esam
4.)Hylian
5.)A really good ICs if not Cheese or Smoom

I mean I've played Cheese before and he's really good at keeping grabs but in general he never played like Lain and actually desynched while staying safe a lot.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I use ICs for problem MUs pretty much or MUs that get infinitely easier (Like G&W: It's even for Pika as opposed to +2/3), or stages. Honestly, I would put Ally at #5, but i really don't know.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I see.

I naturally bumped ally beings how he wasnt a true IC main like the rest, but I didnt know their current influence on ICs metagame like you or Ally quite yet, hence hesitation.

Long as generally everyone agrees I can take this as a "old list" update, but if someone argues that Smoom, Cheese, or any other high performing ICs deserves the top 5, we'll leave it until we get to ICs turn on the next update phase.

MVD

Smash Master
I don't think you need to be a main of a character to be top 5 for them as long as you do what needs to get done to get put on

:phone:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
There's a different between saying "I dont main this character so i shouldnt be in top 5 for that character" and "I primarily dont use this character in tourney to get high placings, so I shouldnt be in top 5 for that character."

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I agree M2K, I believe i mentioned that earlier; Vinnie is more active than me.

What concerns me is using other characters to boost your tourney placing for the character in question. How big of an impact should winning tourneys with ICs (or any other character) have for a guy who is top 5 G&W. You say Vinnie has done well, and accomplished much. No doubt he has. But are these accomplishments tied to his G&W, hence why he is a "top 5 G&W?"

I'm bringing up a general concern more than trying to defend myself as #1 G&W.

MVD

Smash Master
I get what your saying its like saying I used snake in two matches as opposed to any other character the rest of the way and I won the tournament but I'm a snake main and got first so it looks better for snake talk?

:phone:

Vinnie

Smash Master
@Zac

Off the top of my head

I've beaten with :gw: :

-Nairo x3
-Junebug
-Seibrik x3
-I did use G&W vs Redhalberd game 1, and 2 stocked him. He just took me to FD twice because I guess he would have rather played my ICs than my g&w I guess.
-Jash several times
-Ninjalink
-Domo
-MVD
-Will

I used him in games to beat:
-Poltergust
-Ultimaterazer
-Denti
-K Prime
-Shugo

I listed my accomplishments with him this year in 2011 in singles, and no other g&w has done anything that close to this. How does that not mean I'm the top g&w? Yes, I use ICs in other matches, does it really bother you that much? Plus, g&w is boring, but I'm sure if I used all g&w in my tourney matches like I used to do, I don't think my placings would suffer that much, or at all.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Zac

I listed my accomplishments with him this year in 2011 in singles, and no other g&w has done anything that close to this. How does that not mean I'm the top g&w? Yes, I use ICs in other matches, does it really bother you that much? Plus, g&w is boring, but I'm sure if I used all g&w in my tourney matches like I used to do, I don't think my placings would suffer that much, or at all.
@Vinnie, you are top G&W. Done deal.

But this does not exclude the fact that some tourney placings for other people might boost how good their other characters are. That's the main issue I wanted to bring up, nothing to do with me. I just used you as an example. I thought my first post had enough of a "joking" feel to it, my mistake :(

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
UTDZac, matches count more for tournaments either way. If you get 5th because you got a free ride into winner's semis, that doesn't mean you are that good if you beat ****ty beat and lost to the better ones. Ranking wise, I would rather beat 2 really good people in pools or something and get 13th than get free wins and get 4th.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
UTDZac, matches count more for tournaments either way. If you get 5th because you got a free ride into winner's semis, that doesn't mean you are that good if you beat ****ty beat and lost to the better ones. Ranking wise, I would rather beat 2 really good people in pools or something and get 13th than get free wins and get 4th.
Ok sure... but what does this have to do with a TOP 5 Characters thread? You are talking strictly about beating good players and placing high. This is partially related to being great at your character, but what if you use more than one? How can a single placing for a single tourney where you use 7 different characters be an accurate representation of how great you really are with each of those 7 characters.

C.J.

Smash Master
*points at MK, Falcon, and Snake lists*

They both have Ally

And Vinnie is on IC/G&W

And then Ed is on Zelda and Sheik

I'm going to hazard a guess and say they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom