• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
How about we focus on one thing at a time rather than jumping from character to character. Work our way down the Tier List. Or up the Tier list. For a more centralized discussion..

Just an Idea...

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Well how about any other Marios? Do any marios place well in Tournaments? Remember, Tournament wins/placement are just as important or more than taking names. Especially when your list of top players are inactive.
well to my knowledge there hasn't been a Mario that placed exceptionally well recently.
How about we focus on one thing at a time rather than jumping from character to character. Work our way down the Tier List. Or up the Tier list. For a more centralized discussion..

Just an Idea...
and I like this idea, I think this is how Coney did it when he did his own top 5 of each char in the past

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ That, and that.

Give my man Krys a break. He'll get stuff done if you just let him breathe a bit.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
:3

You guys are so smart.

I was beginning to wonder when someone would suggest that for me, but I didn't want to change up things too quickly. Let things run their course, y'know?

Anyways, I agree in any case. Let's go about this civily. Next update is strict "old" news fixes, like making sure pj gets replaced, mr. doom gets replaced, and little nuances like that. Go ahead and fire at will, even randomly, far at that goes.

After next update (this weekend) I'll get a system going, and introduce my new idea for the thread. Either way (taking my idea or not), we can do the organization of top 5 members by two characters a week or something of that sort. Not sure yet!

Right now it's come to my attention that lower/mid tier characters are lacking in updates, so we'll go from bottom up when this occurs ^. Feel free to keep to a schedule if you want.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
PJ doesn't need to be replace. He's just a troll. As soon as you take him off, he'll be asking you why he's not #1. He's good enough to stay on there and there.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If he were to do that (like, on purpose/trolling) I'd just ignore him thereafter. I figured his request was reasonable considering he's only 5th and such. Was planning on discussing it anyways, especially if you guys really want to keep him.

Reizilla

He has wins over plenty of notable people. Denti, K Prime, Dakpo, Cheese, Illmatic x 423423897 among others. There's really no reason to replace him. If anything, he should be higher.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
ey' rei! you snitchin, brah? down n third ward houston tx 77494 you get clapped fo' dat ****

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I think...you somewhat get it. Replace "LowTierMain2011" with "GanonNeverInMainBracket2011" and "realmain2011" with "GanonAlwaysInMainBracket2011".

If GNI beats me
&
If GAI beats me

GAI auto has more priority in boosting his position.

Stingers will NEVER exceed DLA in terms of placement, because he doesn't use Ganon in main bracket like DLA.

Unless...if DLA was booty in main bracket (losing to good players is fine, but losing to scrubs? lolno), and Stingers made actual money with Ganon in low/mid tiers, then we'd consider Stingers better overall.

Finally, the rare case they are ever equal, would be that Stingers mans the !@#$ up gets actually confident in his Ganon and takes the main bracket by storm. DLA in this case being the man that he was, will remain in his 1st place position unless Stinger starts beating people, LOW/MID OR MAIN BRACKET that DLA can't beat.

That is all :)

Edit: lol >implying DLA was first to begin with.

Edit2: Also this is ganon I'm talkin about lol. We'd have to take matchups into account. Like if DLA for the next 5 tournaments ran into nothing but dedede and falco, I'd just like, try to write that off unless the other ganon starts beating those matchups miraculously O_O
^This, Tearbear. Also, my Mario has some wins. I will legit campaign for my Mario when the time comes.

Reizilla

Rofl. Houston tho. I could never make it through the salt fields to even get to "down n third ward houston tx 77494" :p

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
4god has been to 2 tournaments recently after a break over the summer and he came in 4th at one tournament beating Billy (on the sheik list, 2nd in AL), Micaelis (4th in GA), Mc Pe (6th in GA), and Reflex (on list for PT, and Wario and 1st in AL). His other tournament he got 7th beating BigLou and Dr. PP.

Which, btw, Reflex should be first on the CF list, he actually uses CF in tournament matches unlike Ally and his CF is actually probably better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwTURaxeF5w&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwuWF94IgU&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC6RQ1SMk-c&feature=relmfu
Thx 4 the vote Player-1! :) I actually came in 3rd that tourney not 4th, but close! Here are the links to the results to the two tourneys you mentioned: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311386
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311005

Tesh

Smash Hero
PJ 5th? The man is a doubles god. I hear he also almost beat Razer, Gnes and Trela in a Free for all last HOBO.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Funny, I heard he upsmashed poor Pwii after he grabbed Jerm.

:phone:

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
CO18 hasn't done much with DDD, recently, unfortunately. I'm sure he's probably retired by now. I'm not sure who LingLing is, either...
This is true. Many people have said that CO18 retired a while ago so, even though he was a great player, it wouldnt make sense to have a retired player in a recently updated ranking imo. I hear Ling Ling is pretty good, but I couldnt find many tourney results. Heres the only one I found (he got 9th): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310981&highlight=ling. I hear he beat Vinnie in a $5 MM.

And Player-1 da bess barrel-diddy in the world...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Z8ShCgIms

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That's... a hard bracket too... Snakes, Falcos, and even Koolaid, Pit's early 2010 metagame subtract Japan D:

*watches barrels*

o_o

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Changes have been made!

Discussion will continue as usual. Some topics will be formerally address later when I have the time. Otherwise, that's all I got for now. Enjoy, and sorry if I screwed up something, just let me know (far as names go, I'm sure I got everyone in the right positions)

Also, one asterisk * means it's just a shift
Two asterisks ** a new player altogether

you should put the bolded part in the OP. I was wondering for like 20 minutes what it meant :laugh:

Nicole

Smash Champion
Disclaimer: I met h1n1 and he is cool. No hate here.

Stingers, he beat Cheese in an IC ditto but lost the set. He didn't even make it to bracket at a REGIONAL, and he's supposed to be a top 5 IC? Also, Me/ESAM/lain/Ally all have significantly better results than him. Hylian has beaten tyrant (7 months ago but still), Nicole, umm a few more, I don't really follow his tourney performance too much.
JUST to clear this up, and not to knock hylian, more to say that I dont ****ing lose to ice climbers...

hylian did beat me. but he beat me with mk. so i dont think that would count for his IC rankning.

DRN

Smash Lord
I guess i'll wait till we get around to zss to post results and whatnot lol. Good Stuff bringing this thread back to life

@Dakpo- Yea i figured u were higher either because of your wins oos or just because Shlike is super modest and thinks you're better.

Jorge <3

Esam should still be on ICs list IMO and drn for 2nd on zss list

:phone:
O and thanks for this hunter ;D

Sync.

Smash Champion
Realize this, this is at everyone; inactivity isn't the only thing that we should pay attention to. Sure if a player quits, AND another player is doing just as well as they did, then we make compromises. But don't hunt down positions in this list and "claim" people are inactive without showing when their last tournament showing was, AND more importantly at least showing skills of players that should be up there that ARE doing work. Because I'm not updating stuff unless I know who should replace who and that requires discussion.

Thanks.

Also @ Hyro Vs you, pj: I will remove you if you believe that you should not be on here. I will only do that when a suitable replacement has been discussed :) I don't want to put someone on just to have to take them off right away.
I literally just said hyro is a suitable replacement just because he doesn't travel doesnt meean he can't be put on take me off jesus christ it's not difficult

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I literally just said hyro is a suitable replacement just because he doesn't travel doesnt meean he can't be put on take me off jesus christ it's not difficult
I will only do that when a suitable replacement has been discussed

In any case, when it has been made apparent there is no other suitable replacement for you besides Hyro (anyone caring to argue FOR another person should do so at this point... NOT for Pj to stay on), it will be done by the next update, scheduled for... Sunday night.

vato_break

Smash Master
Zekey should be on for DDD, and my mario should move up, i use him in pools agianst a good amountof people in SoCal and almost always get 1st seed. I also think Falln should be on there for kirby.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
if i'm not best IC then i have NO idea what i did wrong, besides maybe not travel as much lately.
You didn't do anything wrong, someone just took your position.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Is the only reason Vinnie is above me because he places higher in tournaments than I do? Cause like... he doesn't play G&W all that much. I heard he uses ICs for his problem matchups or just mains ICs in general.

I'm not upset or anything, just wondering why he is a better G&W than me. I'm fairly certain I've battle the best and faired pretty well against them (cept larry).

So yeah, vinnie places higher, but he also uses more than just G&W. I hope that's not influencing his status as "best G&W"

:smash:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom