• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a good chance today that I'll be too tired to play Echoes of Wisdom when I get my hands on it, with me having a very busy day at work then going to the dentist immediately after.
Good luck with the dentist! Also holy **** I completely forgot about Zelda being out today, haven't heard anyone talk about it

osby

Smash Obsessed
Gonna be honest, Metaphor looks a little... not not a little, it looks A LOT to much like persona 5 and Im not sure how to feel about that
I felt like it looked like a cross between P5 and SMTV.

Though, now that I think about it, ATLUS's last-gen games all look pretty similar to me. I guess it's pretty in-character of them to do that but it's a bit weird here given how much they talked about Metaphor being different from every game they made so far.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man DC makes it harder than they need to to just follow a single comic series for a character you like. Half of the entire Monkey Prince story is in the Lazarus Planet miniseries so I gotta see if my comic store can still get me a copy of that. And every 5 issues of Shazam something happens that changes the status quo or takes the story to a weird new place or some weird one off villain makes Mary have nightmares.

Also the Shazam books have been infinitely less fun without the entire Shazamily having powers. I still don't even know how that happened and while Mary and now Freddy have their powers back I feel super bad for Darla, Eugene, and Pedro. They were really fun additions to the group and they still make for great supporting characters but I miss having all of them be active together.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this man really dropped 2 long ass videos about peak within a week

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN A WORLD OF GOO SEQUEL RELEASED LAST MONTH

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A SEQUEL TO THAT GAME FOR OVER 10 YEARS

I don't know how I missed any news about this game, but at long last...it's time to revisit the World of Goo.

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, huh

Friendship is Magic had an on-screen gay relationship?

That's neat. I stopped watching it back around like, season 4 when the site I used was taken down.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah I had some paid gems and did a multi for Lear and got the King Himself:
IMG_2074.jpeg

Which is super lucky because his odds are lowering, but also I got to ex him for free for pulling him.

So he’s about to make it rain for sure.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Wait, huh

That's neat. I stopped watching it back around like, season 4 when the site I used was taken down.
Still surprised that Friendship is Magic remains relevant after it finshed years ago. Guess its magic and appeal followed beyond the grave of the initial airtime.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Gonna be honest, Metaphor looks a little... not not a little, it looks A LOT to much like persona 5 and Im not sure how to feel about that

Edit: OH IM FEELING BLESSED IN THIS CHILLIS TONIGHT

View attachment 394679
Excuse me.
[walks away from laptop]

[distant screaming]

[returns to laptop]
I need to beat Ace Attorney Investigations 2 ASAP and I just started the second case!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's looking like I'm not getting Mario & Luigi: Brothership at launch.

Mom's getting onto me for not giving her ideas for Christmas gifts so I'll give her that option, just like the Marvel vs Capcom collection

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait, huh

I watched the show when it came out because I was 9 and I had a little sister, kept watching because it was surprisingly good, fell out of it a few years later, and then came back for the final season out of nostalgia.

I counted at least two gay horse couples :nifty:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
20240926_220512.png

How ba-a-a-ad can I be?
I'm just building an economy
How ba-a-a-ad can I be?
Just look at me pettin' this puppy
How ba-a-a-ad can I be?
A portion of proceeds goes to charity
How ba-a-a-ad can I be?
How bad can I possibly be? Let's see
(How ba-a-a-ad can I be?)
All the customers are buying
And the money's multiplying
And the PR people are lying
And the lawyers are denying
Who cares if a few trees are dying?
This is all so gratifying
How bad...
How bad can this possibly be?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh right, that Zelda game came out today.
I haven't heard much buzz about it.
I've heard people who say they heard from other people say the game's great and someone else telling me it's alright, criticizing how bad combat feels, busy work and surprisingly dodgy performance, that last one is disappointing to me cause I remember that was an issue with the Link's Awakening remake

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I kinda figured the new game would have mixed reception, considering it's basically an experimental spin off marketed as a main series game in a time when so many Zelda fans are clamoring for a more traditional Zelda experience.

I'm going to start it right now, going in with an open mind.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The fact that the game stars a playable Zelda as the main protagonist is enough for me to buy the game.

The new mysterious threat of the void that's consuming Hyrule as well as it being dangerous enough to even capture Ganon is also promising story-wise.

Top Bottom