• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finished the Magician social link in Persona 3 Reload. I would say this is the worst social link I've experienced in the series so far but I'm also pretty close to finiahing up Hermit and that one is already worse

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well today I’m 27 and it still feels so surreal. This year should be interesting though.

Plenty of great movies and shows coming, and I’ll be striving more towards my goals that I’ve been doing well at working towards this year, from getting into shape, and making time to do more around where I live.

So I’m looking forward to the upcoming year!
27 YEARS POST BIRTH

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well today I’m 27 and it still feels so surreal. This year should be interesting though.

Plenty of great movies and shows coming, and I’ll be striving more towards my goals that I’ve been doing well at working towards this year, from getting into shape, and making time to do more around where I live.

Merry Christmas

Reactions: Z25

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp I just finished the Indigo League.

Ya know the second to last episode of the series, Friend and Foe Alike, was the first episode of the anime I'd ever seen. And I'd only ever seen it once until now.

Charizard really left an impression on me when I first saw that episode as a kid, especially since I've always really been obsessed with dragons. It might be why I main him in Smash Brothers today.

Kinda bittersweet to be done with the Kanto region when it's the most iconic era of the anime. But there's still a lot of pokemon left to watch. I think I might take a short break from the anime soon - but maybe I'll watch the Orange Island episodes first.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finished the Magician social link in Persona 3 Reload. I would say this is the worst social link I've experienced in the series so far but I'm also pretty close to finiahing up Hermit and that one is already worse
the real worst of them all still awaits you

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I really want to play the new Zelda game but it's gonna have to wait because Sparking Zero comes out in a couple more weeks and that absolutely takes priority for me.

Oh and Shadow Generations too, of course.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Happy new year Z25!

Wait.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Atari 50 DLC The Wider World of Atari releases… tomorrow. Here is the full game list. Also included is a new timeline.
  • Berzerk - 2600
  • Berzerk Voice Enhanced - 2600
  • Berzerk - 5200
  • Berzerk - Arcade
  • Frenzy - Arcade
  • Red Baron - Arcade
  • Sky Diver - Arcade
  • Avalanche - Arcade
  • Destroyer - Arcade
  • Super Bug - Arcade
  • Football - Arcade
  • Stellar Track - 2600 (Sears exclusive)
  • Submarine Commander - 2600 (Sears exclusive)
  • Steeplechase - 2600 (Sears exclusive)
  • Atari Video Cube - 2600
  • Desert Falcon - 2600
  • Off the Wall - 2600
  • Sky Diver - 2600
  • Avalanche - Atari 8-bit

Reactions: ---

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm excited for the return of Backyard Sports, but it's been over a month since the official announcement now and we've still yet to see any actual game reveals.
Someone on my Steam friends list added this to their wishlist today
It's just the original game with leaderboard support and achievements, which is admittedly still more than what the rest of Humongus got.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Someone on my Steam friends list added this to their wishlist today
It's just the original game with leaderboard support and achievements, which is admittedly still more than what the rest of Humongus got.
I have a copy of the original game. It is way too old to work on my PC so I have to run it in an emulator.

Might check out this release to finally get a version installed.

I also can’t get two other older PC games running because one is too old and the other gives me the most random error of all time. No Digital Sound Devices Found is the error I receive.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Day 66: Noivern

I saw this Pokemon the first time a lot of people did. It's E3 2013, and the Nintendo direct starts with a new trailer for Pokemon X/Y. It shows off the Fairy type, Pokemon amie, and in a quick scene...BAM

Brand new Pokemon, and it looks kickass. I was immediately intrigued.

This thing looked like a bat, which are among my favorite animals. But it also looked like a dragon, which would be my favorite animal if science recognized them as real creatures. And it also kinda looked like a loudspeaker, which was just cool. I had to know more. And lucky for me later in the day they held a developer roundtable-type thing where they went into detail about the new-at-the-time 3D modeling process. And the Pokemon used to show this off was...Noivern!

I finally got a good look at this guy and I was absolutely down. It wasn't an automatic thing, it took a little bit to set it, but by the time X/Y released in October I knew I had a favorite Pokemon.

I mean...just look at it!

It's ****ing badass dude it looks like it could rip you to shreds but it's also sleek y'know it's an ambush hunter but it's not above using brute force because it's canonically an apex predator but it's got a soft side right you give it a fruit and it becomes totally docile and you know I'm all about that you know how I feel about training dragons and you could fly on it if I was in the Pokemon world I could fly on one of these things and it looks so cool and it's concept is rad they took echolocation and gave it crazy soundwaves that's just awesome and it has a super versatile moveset and it's really good okay maybe not ubers VGC good but it's damn good in a playthrough I mean I guess Noibat evolves too late but you know what that's a cowardly excuse if you wanna use Noivern you gotta earn Noivern it's a privilege not a right and it's color scheme is so cool and it's cry is so cool and it's just

IT'S JUST SO ****ING COOL!!!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Atari 50 DLC The Wider World of Atari releases… tomorrow. Here is the full game list. Also included is a new timeline.
  • Berzerk - 2600
  • Berzerk Voice Enhanced - 2600
  • Berzerk - 5200
  • Berzerk - Arcade
  • Frenzy - Arcade
  • Red Baron - Arcade
  • Sky Diver - Arcade
  • Avalanche - Arcade
  • Destroyer - Arcade
  • Super Bug - Arcade
  • Football - Arcade
  • Stellar Track - 2600 (Sears exclusive)
  • Submarine Commander - 2600 (Sears exclusive)
  • Steeplechase - 2600 (Sears exclusive)
  • Atari Video Cube - 2600
  • Desert Falcon - 2600
  • Off the Wall - 2600
  • Sky Diver - 2600
  • Avalanche - Atari 8-bit
Huh. Atari ended up owning Berzerk. They didn’t originally I know that but this is also the first time it’s been re-released in years so maybe they just scooped it up for cheap.

Ken and Chun-Li are dlc in CotW
I get why they did those two but my autism is wigging out because they did Ken and not Ryu.

Either way, still hoping for Yamazaki, Blue Mary, Geese/Nightmare Geese, Kim Kaphwan, and Rick Strowd. I get why they’re leaning so heavily on the Garou cast but it is still a Fatal Fury game so… yeah, gimme those classics.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Next Overwatch 2 collab is My Hero Academia.

Featuring:
Tracer as Deku
Juno as Uraraka
Reinhardt as All Might
Reaper as Shigaraki
Kiriko as Toga

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Huh. Atari ended up owning Berzerk. They didn’t originally I know that but this is also the first time it’s been re-released in years so maybe they just scooped it up for cheap.

I get why they did those two but my autism is wigging out because they did Ken and not Ryu.
He was busy with Smash.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Ken and Chun-Li are dlc in CotW
I kinda like Ken and not Ryu being here, weirdly it fits the vibe of the game a bit more somehow.

My problem stems from the fact that I think crossovers would fit KOF more than Fatal Fury

Next Overwatch 2 collab is My Hero Academia.

Featuring:
Tracer as Deku
Juno as Uraraka
Reinhardt as All Might
Reaper as Shigaraki
Kiriko as Toga
Reinhardt don't get a crossover skin challenge

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Going to be staying with one my Mom's Friends place due to a bad storm, Should be back home in 4 Days, I just hope I won't miss anything when I'm Back.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just started playing Echoes of Wisdom, and minor surprise of a spoiler...these ****ers don't know who Link is

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There's a good chance today that I'll be too tired to play Echoes of Wisdom when I get my hands on it, with me having a very busy day at work then going to the dentist immediately after.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Boonboomger is definitely more lighthearted than King-ohger but I noticed that compared to the previous two seasons, the humour feels a lot less... wacky? Despite all their quirks, the cast acts more grounded imo, with less focus on repeating gags.

I'm still not quite sold on Bun Red but other than him, the characters exceeded my expectations. Although I hope the plot goes somewhere interesting given how long it took to pick up.

Top Bottom