• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Now the topic of brainrot, I can't really cringe whem these kids say that.

I mean I was the "good at Smash Bros" kid who did Waluigi Impressions and watched MLG meme vids, spouting "ooh baby a triple" every so often. And I was in middle school.

I was way way worse than these kids..
I think almost everyone in the modern day has that phase at some point. Kids and young teens just think referencing whatever popular or relevant memes are funny and think referencing them a lot makes them cooler and/or funnier. I know I went through that phase for a while lmao.

The thing that's probably causing people to consider a certain Source Engine series about singing heads in toilets taking over the world to be "brainrot" is how many episodes of it have turned up + the abundance of iPad Parents and content farms.

That, and Millennials and Gen Z seem to have completely forgotten just how absurd and stupid GMOD Machinimas from the late 2000s and all of the 2010s could get.

Shroob

Sup?
I think almost everyone in the modern day has that phase at some point. Kids and young teens just think referencing whatever popular or relevant memes are funny and think referencing them a lot makes them cooler and/or funnier. I know I went through that phase for a while lmao.

The thing that's probably causing people to consider a certain Source Engine series about singing heads in toilets taking over the world to be "brainrot" is how many episodes of it have turned up + the abundance of iPad Parents and content farms.

That, and Millennials and Gen Z seem to have completely forgotten just how absurd and stupid GMOD Machinimas from the late 2000s and all of the 2010s could get.
Hey now

Gmod Machinimas were PEAK comedy.... if you found the humor in them funny, that is! :nifty:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hey now

Gmod Machinimas were PEAK comedy.... if you found the humor in them funny, that is! :nifty:

Ah, the rise of the TF2 "freak" monsters. Those were the days.

The types of humor they usually employed was usually violent, sometimes crude and always wacky, but hey, at least it was consistent. Plus, the Vs. fights so many people did were always cool.

I just find it funny how ubiquitous Gmod and SFM Brainrot is among the internet generations.
Be careful, someone might crack a joke about how you said "among".

:4pacman:

Top Bottom