• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I guess so, but I still more so associate them with making more original cool stuff than their parodies by now I guess.
Oh yeah, for sure, they definitely moved past that phase.

That said, I think their sequels are genuinelly better than their one off original content (with the exception Shrek 3 being garbo), kinda of a reverse Disney tbh.

Shroob

Sup?
Now that I have basically everything, aside from a couple mythicals and Pokeball form Magearna... I feel like I deserve a rest. I've been hustling to get this Dex finished, and I can pretty confidently say I've gotten 95% of all Pokemon that can be obtained or transferred into Gen 9.

Now to just wait for El Diablo to show up in the DLC for the REAL battle...
1686632587481.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now that I have basically everything, aside from a couple mythicals and Pokeball form Magearna... I feel like I deserve a rest. I've been hustling to get this Dex finished, and I can pretty confidently say I've gotten 95% of all Pokemon that can be obtained or transferred into Gen 9.

Now to just wait for El Diablo to show up in the DLC for the REAL battle...
View attachment 373287
Hope you're ready to speen

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For real, though, it's actually legitimately sad what Overwatch has become. I remember the game being received as a TF2 rip-off that wouldn't last a month, then a TF2 killer that created a petty rivalry between some fans of the games, then both games pretty much just being accepted as flawed, but ultimately high quality and enjoyable inventive and unique FPS games with a lot to offer and a strong competitive scenes.

Then, eventually, Overwatch 2 was announced, and all the scandals surrounding Blizzard happened. The game's reception started souring as a result of the increasingly poor image and reputation of Blizzard itself. While the negative reception towards Blizzard was justified, it didn't stop most players from continuing to play the game either casually or competitively, nor did it severally affect it's official competitive scene. The game's reception and playerbase were damaged, but not destroyed. Dedicated casual fans still enjoyed the game and it's characters and lore, and competitive fans still took up the challenge and financial pay of it as an esport after dedicating much of their time to learning it.

But once Overwatch 2 was released early, as an update that closed out the original game, no less, that's when things started to take a turn for the worse for the game itself. PvE (which we now know isn't cancelled but is a paid for gamemode) was nowhere to be found, customization (which we now know has actually been cancelled) wasn't anywhere to be found either, numerous balance changes to individual Heroes as well as the awkward transition to 6v6 to 5v5 badly screwed over the meta and arguably made many Heroes worse, payments for Battle Passes and brand new skins were ridiculously high, and even the new Heroes added to the game were locked behind expensive paywalls including Battle Passes to begin with, nearly making the game "play to win" as a result, and Blizzard either didn't listen to negative feedback very much or otherwise did very little to mitigate any of these issues, only eventually making the new Heroes free or easier to unlock (IIRC, at least).

While the game certainly hadn't died then, and hasn't died yet, either, reception had reached an all time low, and it's only gotten even worse from there. Even with TF2's awful bot crisis, which Valve similarly isn't doing much about (not like the few developers currently working on it likely can do much about it on their own) the game and it's playerbase are still holding up stronger, While the game isn't offering as many major updates as it once was, it's also not locking mountains of new content behind paywalls besides new cosmetics, and overall has fewer different microtransactions even with it's crate system, which is essentially gambling, nor is it constantly drastically shifting around the balance of Heroes or changing their abilities or the entire game format completely from what long time players were used to, and for all of Valve's problems as a company, it still doesn't even have half the issues and controversies surrounding Blizzard.

Unless the company completely changes for the better, something I'm doubting will happen any time soon, if ever, and/or they at least fix most of the issues with Overwatch 2, it's reception and playerbase are likely to continue dwindling until the game loses too much of it's active players to remain profitable. Which honestly, really sucks because it was a great, enjoyable game once that a lot of people poured their heart and soul into, both in terms of gameplay and design, as well the story and lore it's set it., and despite everything people said back then, it was never really much of a rival to Team Fortress 2 as a game, but just another strong first-person Hero Shooter that earned it's praise and had a real story to tell. I do personally hope that things change for the better, both for the game itself, and even more so for the company due to how many people have been hurt and affected by the worst of the company's issues...but I truly don't have high hopes for that.

Shroob

Sup?
For real, though, it's actually legitimately sad what Overwatch has become. I remember the game being received as a TF2 rip-off that wouldn't last a month, then a TF2 killer that created a petty rivalry between some fans of the games, then both games pretty much just being accepted as flawed, but ultimately high quality and enjoyable inventive and unique FPS games with a lot to offer and a strong competitive scenes.

Then, eventually, Overwatch 2 was announced, and all the scandals surrounding Blizzard happened. The game's reception started souring as a result of the increasingly poor image and reputation of Blizzard itself. While the negative reception towards Blizzard was justified, it didn't stop most players from continuing to play the game either casually or competitively, nor did it severally affect it's official competitive scene. The game's reception and playerbase were damaged, but not destroyed. Dedicated casual fans still enjoyed the game and it's characters and lore, and competitive fans still took up the challenge and financial pay of it as an esport after dedicating much of their time to learning it.

But once Overwatch 2 was released early, as an update that closed out the original game, no less, that's when things started to take a turn for the worse for the game itself. PvE (which we now know isn't cancelled but is a paid for gamemode) was nowhere to be found, customization (which we now know has actually been cancelled) wasn't anywhere to be found either, numerous balance changes to individual Heroes as well as the awkward transition to 6v6 to 5v5 badly screwed over the meta and arguably made many Heroes worse, payments for Battle Passes and brand new skins were ridiculously high, and even the new Heroes added to the game were locked behind expensive paywalls including Battle Passes to begin with, nearly making the game "play to win" as a result, and Blizzard either didn't listen to negative feedback very much or otherwise did very little to mitigate any of these issues, only eventually making the new Heroes free or easier to unlock (IIRC, at least).

While the game certainly hadn't died then, and hasn't died yet, either, reception had reached an all time low, and it's only gotten even worse from there. Even with TF2's awful bot crisis, which Valve similarly isn't doing much about (not like the few developers currently working on it likely can do much about it on their own) the game and it's playerbase are still holding up stronger, While the game isn't offering as many major updates as it once was, it's also not locking mountains of new content behind paywalls besides new cosmetics, and overall has fewer different microtransactions even with it's crate system, which is essentially gambling, nor is it constantly drastically shifting around the balance of Heroes or changing their abilities or the entire game format completely from what long time players were used to, and for all of Valve's problems as a company, it still doesn't even have half the issues and controversies surrounding Blizzard.

Unless the company completely changes for the better, something I'm doubting will happen any time soon, if ever, and/or they at least fix most of the issues with Overwatch 2, it's reception and playerbase are likely to continue dwindling until the game loses too much of it's active players to remain profitable. Which honestly, really sucks because it was a great, enjoyable game once that a lot of people poured their heart and soul into, both in terms of gameplay and design, as well the story and lore it's set it., and despite everything people said back then, it was never really much of a rival to Team Fortress 2 as a game, but just another strong first-person Hero Shooter that earned it's praise and had a real story to tell. I do personally hope that things change for the better, both for the game itself, and even more so for the company due to how many people have been hurt and affected by the worst of the company's issues...but I truly don't have high hopes for that.
Hasn't like, every Paid Hero also been disgustingly OP aside from like, one of them?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
However, if you have a girlfriend that's heavy into Smash speculation, kill her.

Net good for society
I agree

Fortunately, women don't play video games so I have nothing to worry about
In movie news

Animation isn't cinema

Edit: wait is actually looks bad all around, the Flash would be 1m more than Black Adam
I sincerely hope Flash bombs for a multitude of reasons

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched last night's Capcom Showcase and whilst there wasn't anything remarkable, at least there is some news on Pragmata:

Even though it is delayed indefinitely, I do hope that there will be more gameplay reveals as the months goes on.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah it would sure suck to have to pay for Mann Vs. Mach-

Yes I know about the Boot Camp mode, I am just taking the piss.
At least it is only $0.99 if you want loot. Though that all depends on the amount of maps on what tour you are completing. Of course, we all want that in our collection one day.....which is an EXTREMEMLY RARE chance.
1000008115.png

D

Deleted member

Yo people, I was playing Fortnite when suddenly I was driving a car in the game and a secret Optimus Prime message started playing. Gonna share It with ya'll, although It is in spanish:

Gotta say, I love this spanish voice for Optimus Prime more than the one he got in the movie. Reminds me of the Unicron trilogy version.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What the actual **** is this.

No really

How the **** does this game keep going from bad to worse.

This isn't even funny. I'm not laughing at how bad this is. I'm in ****ing shocked disbelief.
Overwatch hardcore fans are so sad and lonely, that they see a character added with nice physical features and will immediately buy everything blizzard says because “waifu” no questions asked.

So yeah this is gonna sadly make them money which is pathetic and stupid that they can get away with it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Man, FF16 is so much fun, but huh it feels like something is missing from it... like something to fully complete it..."

The intrusive thoughts in the corner:
View attachment 373289
Imagine how hype games would be if it had this on the box
Untitled299_20230613105302.png

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so mostly good news overall, as it gives them more time for the VFX teams and the writers for the majority of these movies

Jondolio

Smash Hero
so mostly good news overall, as it gives them more time for the VFX teams and the writers for the majority of these movies
Three Star Wars movies in the span of a year and a half ☠

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I cannot find it in me to care about these upcoming Avengers movies.
I care somewhat because I like Kang the Conqueror as a villain.

Not enough to watch all of the garbage that comes out of the Marvel Studios/Disney art factory

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I cannot find it in me to care about these upcoming Avengers movies.
just picture them all being Spideys beating up racism two times in a row
Three Star Wars movies in the span of a year and a half ☠
probably gonna be some Disney+ shows in there as well

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Rescued more legendaries off of my GO save. Now I have two Hoopas. And neither of them can be transfered to Violet because they're both from GO and I haven't obtained data on Hoopa.

Who The **** thought that was a good idea.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
some extra bright Marvel movie sides
I just can't take Kang seriously

Dude is supposed to be mightier than Thanos yet he got his ass whooped by some ants
Good thing he somehow isn’t the strongest Kang…since he tricked Sylvie into killing him to commit chaos in the first place
not as bad as the Majors and Huerta stuff

Reactions: Z25

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
An update regarding the MCU.

Fantastic Four has been delayed to May 2, 2025.

Kang Dynasty has been delayed to May 2026 and Secret Wars to May 2027.

Deadpool 3 moved up to May 2, 2024.

Thunderbolts has been delayed to December 20, 2024.

Captain America: Brave New World has been delayed to August 26, 2024.

Blade has been delayed to February 14, 2025.

Last edited:
Top Bottom