• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I kid ya'll not, if they announce a new Final Fight at the Capcom Showcase, I will wake Up tomorrow at 7am and go to this place in my city:

And then I'll take some speakers (I will figure out from where on my own) and blast this at full volumen:
Surely making all Cody mains proud.

D

Deleted member

If a hypothetical guy were hypothetically thinking of getting into Mega Man, where would he hypothetically start?
The Battle Network and StarForce fan inside me would say to start with those, but they are RPGs so idk if they would be of your taste.

Honestly for Classic MegaMan 11 or 7 are a good starring point imo. I find MegaMan 2 to not be as good as people say so I wouldn't reccomend that one personally.

If you also want some cool plot stuff, the MegaMan X games are also a great starting point, specially the first game.

Overall: It depends on your gaming preferences. If you don't mind RPGs go for Battle Network, if you do then MegaMan 7/11 or MegaMan X1

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If a hypothetical guy were hypothetically thinking of getting into Mega Man, where would he hypothetically start?
The Legacy Collections, as for games, 2 is notorious for being a good ride but has some absolute dumb **** like the Boobeam Trap which is just unfun, 3 has slowdown issues but is great other than the amount of padding between the 8th robot master and Wily Fortress, 4 is actually quite solid and 6 is arguably the best out of the NES games in terms of presentation and is also good. 1 and 5 are just eh but those other 4 are great and all in the first Legacy Collection

D

Deleted member

The Legacy Collections, as for games, 2 is notorious for being a good ride but has some absolute dumb **** like the Boobeam Trap which is just unfun, 3 has slowdown issues but is great other than the amount of padding between the 8th robot master and Wily Fortress, 4 is actually quite solid and 6 is arguably the best out of the NES games in terms of presentation and is also good. 1 and 5 are just eh but those other 4 are great and all in the first Legacy Collection
I'd also say that in MegaMan 2 some stages have some really dumb and frustrating RNG, specially Quick Man's. You don't know when those beams of the second half will hit or not, and they are instakill too which makes It more awkward.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Scrimblo Bimblo characters that should be on a Project X Zone 3 (That aren't named Sonic the Hedgehog nor "William")

Pair Unit:
0d2350518cde333ae876abe47d35d98f_original.png

Solo Unit:
Vectorman_VM2_render_1.png

I was going to add Ecco the Dolphin, but the character is too "realistic" to be called one (like Simon Belmont or Ryu Hayabusa but with an animal)
And yeah, Bandai Namco and Capcom are here too, but their pool of cartoony characters and "cereal mascots" are a little limited besides Pac-Man and Klonoa for Namco; and whatever Capcom has under it's portfolio.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
me currently waiting my my clown car watching the capcom showcase expecting Okami or Ace Attorney

bro this is the exact problem I'm talking about 😭 people complain about PxZ's approach then suggest the most inane milquetoast scrimblos imaginable. I hate Sonic fans
Bro went from " Billy hatcher come on maaaannn!" To "I hate sonic fans". Im impressed

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
bro this is the exact problem I'm talking about 😭 people complain about PxZ's approach then suggest the most inane milquetoast scrimblos imaginable. I hate Sonic fans
Billy ain’t a sonic character lol.

If anything Sonic is low key a bully hatcher charter lmao.

if Mickey can fight ****ing sephiroth, then there’s no reason we can’t have cartoonish aspects in project x zone.

Like the game as is right now is basically big booba woman team up with random ass characters to fight protags who gawk at their racks all the time, with thousands of sexual jokes.

I don’t care what the fanbase trying to tell me, they do not take it seriously lol. Hell dead rising is the opposite of a serious game and that’s in there
Too.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It is kinda sad that It won't get a spanish translation doh, even though Ghost Trick got one.

I also doubt It will get a physical release here, but I guess that buying digitally for once won't hurt anyone.
Happy for Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen too btw
My GF wanted me to play ghost trick before. Maybe now that its on switch, Ill actually give it a chance

D

Deleted member

My GF wanted me to play ghost trick before. Maybe now that its on switch, Ill actually give it a chance
Yeah, I may actually try out both Ghost Trick and this new Ace Attorney collection. Been wanting to get into the Ace Attorney franchise recently due to its ties with Professor Layton.

And hey, who knows, maybe if It sells well enough the next Ace Attorney title will actually come with a spanish translation like MegaMan 11

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
me currently waiting my my clown car watching the capcom showcase expecting Okami or Ace Attorney

Bro went from " Billy hatcher come on maaaannn!" To "I hate sonic fans". Im impressed
Billy ain’t a sonic character lol.

If anything Sonic is low key a bully hatcher charter lmao.

if Mickey can fight ****ing sephiroth, then there’s no reason we can’t have cartoonish aspects in project x zone.

Like the game as is right now is basically big booba woman team up with random ass characters to fight protags who gawk at their racks all the time, with thousands of sexual jokes.

I don’t care what the fanbase trying to tell me, they do not take it seriously lol. Hell dead rising is the opposite of a serious game and that’s in there
Too.
for context what I mean by that is from what I've observed the push for William tends to come from Sonic fans whose main familiarity with other SEGA stuff is the more Sonic-adjacent stuff. it's not literally "I hate Sonic fans because Billy is a Sonic character"

also like, even if we're to go for more cartoonish picks, your first thought is.....Billy Hatcher? Billy Hatcher the guy who was shilled by SEGA for a few years then completely stopped ever being acknowledged by them? Billy Hatcher the guy who's basically seen as a joke by a good number of hardcore SEGA fans i know? Billy Hatcher the guy who does not have a japanese Wikipedia page?

like I'm sorry but the mans is extremely low on the pecking order of SEGA characters, even if we were to add cartoony characters

D

Deleted member

I am mixed on this new Ace Attorney collection, ngl.

On one hand I am happy for the fans as they have been waiting for new content in a really long while. It also seems to be a decent starting point for newcomers such as I.

On the other hand... Why aren't they releasing It in spanish? Even ignoring Spain, the Ace Attorney franchise is quite popular in many other spanish speaking countries. I feel they are missing out on the opportunity of expanding their market, but idk.

And yeah, look at Level-5 for example: they aren't as big as Capcom (as far as I know doh) and yet they are able to release their games not only in various languages but also with various dubs for each. So idk what's really stopping Capcom from doing so.

I would be interested to hear ya'lls thoughts about this, as I do genuiely find It weird.

D

Deleted member

So did Capcom cook or no?

I didn't watch the thing
The Ace Attorney collection and Dragon's Dogma 2 looked cool. Also a Ghost Trick demo which is nice.

Besides that... Idk. Exoprimal doesn't convince me and I am confused about MegaMan X Dive Offline.

D

Deleted member

The AA 4-6 ports are coo-
remembers Geiru Toneido
Just did a quick Google Search because I haven't played the games.

Is It possible to know without spoilers what's the deal with them? Hopefully nothing too worriesome.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Just did a quick Google Search because I haven't played the games.

Is It possible to know without spoilers what's the deal with them? Hopefully nothing too worriesome.
remember that time where people used to make really annoying memes thirsting over the clown lady?

yeah

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
for context what I mean by that is from what I've observed the push for William tends to come from Sonic fans whose main familiarity with other SEGA stuff is the more Sonic-adjacent stuff. it's not literally "I hate Sonic fans because Billy is a Sonic character"

also like, even if we're to go for more cartoonish picks, your first thought is.....Billy Hatcher? Billy Hatcher the guy who was shilled by SEGA for a few years then completely stopped ever being acknowledged by them? Billy Hatcher the guy who's basically seen as a joke by a good number of hardcore SEGA fans i know? Billy Hatcher the guy who does not have a japanese Wikipedia page?

like I'm sorry but the mans is extremely low on the pecking order of SEGA characters, even if we were to add cartoony characters
Listen,

I know it was so bad that they cut my boy from All Stars Racing 2.

But Billy is still my boy. That was one of my favorite GameCube games even if it’s not perfect. The race course he got in the sequel was also peak.

Plus we have Sega Sataro. Granted he’s more iconic, but I wouldn’t say anyone else is a low chance.

Now I’m not familiar with every Sega franchise, but I’m pretty sure most of them are repped in project x zone. Or at least the bigger ones.

Off the top of my head, I don’t think Jet Set Radio, Billy Hatcher, Sonic, Burning rangers are repped. But I could be wrong.

Im in the process of playing through the second game because I lost my last save file when my 3ds battery blew up.

So I don’t know the full extent of 2’s roster. But I don’t remember those franchises in the first game either.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For Classic, I'd say 2. 3 and 6 are better games for the NES hexology, but 2 gives you a feel of the foundation of what all Mega Man Classic games are made of (also it has an easy mode and the game itself isn't that hard).

For Mega Man X, start at X1. The quality of the X series is all over the place, with high highs and some awful lows. If you like the X series, then there's Zero and ZX series which are pseudo sequels/spinoffs from the X series.

Ironically though, the RPGs are the most popular Mega Man subseries but idk if you like RPGs like that.

And then there's Legends. It's dead.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, why did the trade reddits have to go on strike right when I was about to finish my Living Dex.

ALL I need are these Pikachus and I'm basically done.

Top Bottom