• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Once the new Smash game gets revealed you guys better believe I'm gonna drop off the face of this site and become a hermit once again

That is to say, I will actually be the opposite of a hermit and touch more grass than usual because this is the only social media platform I use

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
When it's within the budget, I tend to find that a blend of practical effects and CGI effects yields the best results, but it also depends on just what kind of special effects you're trying to achieve in the first place.

Certain things look better with good practical effects, but there are other things that really can't be achieved effectively without CGI.
I think D&D Honor Among Thieves accomplished this pretty well

Noipoi

Howdy!
Once the new Smash game gets revealed you guys better believe I'm gonna drop off the face of this site and become a hermit once again

That is to say, I will actually be the opposite of a hermit and touch more grass than usual because this is the only social media platform I use
I'll try and keep up with a bit of the prerelease cycle and the rumors and stuff, the rush of it all can be exhilarating.

But by that point I'll be in my mid 20s, and hopefully I'll have more to do than obsess over Smash leaks :nifty:

hopefully

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'll try and keep up with a bit of the prerelease cycle and the rumors and stuff, the rush of it all can be exhilarating.

But by that point I'll be in my mid 20s, and hopefully I'll have more to do than obsess over Smash leaks :nifty:

hopefully
If I don't have a girlfriend or even an ex by the time the new Smash game gets announced then I will be convinced that I'm doomed for an eternity of solitude

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Billy Hatcher would be funny as hell in a project X Zone game.

Make him speaking solely in phrases like:

Cook a doodle doo

or Yeah

or Yippee

Just because the reactions would be gold.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I won't even care about Smash speculation by the time we get Smash 6, Ult already gave me my favorite characters in the game and like the only way they could improve it for me is Isaac, Paper Mario, or Maxwell.

But otherwise, I really wouldn't care who gets in. They're more than likely just gonna port Ult anyways since that game sold like hotcakes. Plus I'd be like 25 or something and I'm gonna try to avoid becoming a Next Smash Speculation boomer when we get Jonesy Fortnite

Dukefire

Smash Master
Once Smash Bros returns for another new installment, I'm going to try to avoid "leaks" since it does create drama storms to form. We all know how taxing it is to the mentality of harmless speculation. I can also remember the "Fan Rules" people set up that limited the scope.
Like:
No Indie Characters (Shantae, Shovel Knight, Sans and Cuphead had runner up as either mii costumes or Assist Trophy)
Assist trophy character means the series is done. (Min Min changed that category)

Granted, "No fourth parties" still holds until we have more information. (Sora did originate from a videogame despite being a hybrid of Square Enix and Disney.)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
super smash bros boards users when there are people who want to discuss super smash bros on the super smash bros boards

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Regardless of whether or not we get cuts in the next Smash game...

All it's gotta take is for Sakurai to add Viridi and I'll be eating right out of his hands. I just want her in SO badly. Ribbon Girl and Grima might be far shots as much as I hate to admit it, but MAN I just wanna see the crazy nature goddess make it in.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I'm gonna put my Shiny Apricot Paradox collection up for trade in hopes of getting the Hat Pikachus.

Wish me luck, they're the last thing I need barring Mythicals for every available Gen 9 mon.

D

Deleted member

Yo people, I have put a lot of my collectables on my desk in preparation of the No Way Home LEGO set and Marvel Legends 3 pack plus the LEGO Burton Batmobile.

Still need to figure out the proper way to set up the Batmobiles (which btw, besides Keaton's I'm only missing Ben Affleck's from the official ones LEGO has released), but besides that I am quite pleased with this setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm 25 and I still hang around online talking about video games. :drshrug:

Sorry to say but it's not something that gets better with age.
Haha, yeah, see? Osby's the oldest one here right now.... Haha, yeah... yeah....

I like to see It this way, although not sure if ya'll will agree as It is quite subjective.

I personally love to collect a lot of stuff and enjoy a good chunk of media, so my nephews and younger cousins can get to visit me and enjoy all the stuff I have or to share It all with the world through the internet so people can get to see cool or rare stuff they usually aren't able to afford.

Yeah, what I am trying to say is that I don't consider myself one of those collectors who keep It all to themselves and never allow a single bit of skin to touch them: I like sharing and more so when I make my younger cousins and nephews happy while doing so.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

Honestly, the next Smash better not be annojnced the next year. Between starting my master's degree, doing my military service and getting my driver's license, I don't think I'll have time arguing about chair colors and cardboard boxes.
Honestly, with all the content Ultimate had I could live without a new Smash game at least until the next Nintendo console gets announced.

There is a lot of other games and media to enjoy in the meantime, some which I am personally even hyped for. So the wait is gonna be quiet easy.

And yeah, if my plans of starting to study 2D and 3D animation do actually happen, I also will have less time for Smash speculation and all that. Not sure if I will get a driver's license doh, as here in my island you can practically go anywhere on bus for less than 3 bucks.

D

Deleted member

Oh ****, I have 3, I guess the cishet white dudes were right, I am a fake fan
Oh, I didn't know you were polyamorous Gwen, that's quite cool.

maybe this is too personal to say honestly, but I think I am also Poly. It all seemed to click when I saw that cutscene in River City Girls 2 of Marian dating with the two guys from Double Dragon

Noipoi

Howdy!
Quick question

Who tf over at Nintendo decided that the way to access bosses in Donkey Kong 64 would be to meet up with a couple comprised of an overweight pig and hippo, where upon meeting them you must feed the hippo until he's so fat he tips over a lever, boosting the pig up and allowing him to unlock the door to the boss?

And who decided they should have nipple piercings?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Also Billy Hatcher would be funny as hell in a project X Zone game.

Make him speaking solely in phrases like:

Cook a doodle doo

or Yeah

or Yippee

Just because the reactions would be gold.
bro this is the exact problem I'm talking about 😭 people complain about PxZ's approach then suggest the most inane milquetoast scrimblos imaginable. I hate Sonic fans

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Quick question

Who tf over at Nintendo decided that the way to access bosses in Donkey Kong 64 would be to meet up with a couple comprised of an overweight pig and hippo, where upon meeting them you must feed the hippo until he's so fat he tips over a lever, boosting the pig up and allowing him to unlock the door to the boss?

I mean, that's the an average Bri'ish person's thought process after a pint

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Quick question

British people like nipples I guess.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Top Bottom