• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

After ****talking fans of children's media I now would like to shill children's media, turn the captions on for English subs

God Blazar looks good, really wish there were more shows with kick ass monster suits
You just reminded me I still need to check the Ultraman Netflix show.

I remember how excited you used to be about It back when It got announced.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
…how they still employed tho

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What if SEGA announces it during their Sonic Central, with the Blue Rat being the first character reveal?
This would be pretty hype. Sonic is a missed opportunity in these games. They are pretty over the top as is, too the point where the other characters meeting a talking hedgehog probably wouldnt be that weird lol

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My favorite part of The Flash movie is when Ezra Miller says, "It's Flashin' time!" and flashes all over the screen

Yes this joke was done to death but it's clever because flashing is an actual thing

D

Deleted member

Honestly, when It comes to movies coming out this summer I am really excited for Indiana Jones 5, as mixed as the critics are from Cannes.

Indiana Jones means a lot to me: the two LEGO games, the movies, the point & click adventures and even some of the merch were a Big part of my childhood, so It truly does mean a lot that this may be the last movie of the character ever. I'll be seated for the movie without a doubt.

This is something I didn't know when to say as I didn't want to come out as an attention seeker, but this year I found I was non-binary and as such I changed my IRL name. Won't say the complete one, but I changed my first name to Jone as It sounds neutral enough and because of my memories of Indiana Jones.

Just thought ya'll should know so you refer to me as they/them.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This would be pretty hype. Sonic is a missed opportunity in these games. They are pretty over the top as is, too the point where the other characters meeting a talking hedgehog probably wouldnt be that weird lol
Eh, I know I said this before but I think it's weird to have all those human-looking members in such an extensive roster that features a good amount of M-rated game characters only to slap Sonic at the end.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Eh, I know I said this before but I think it's weird to have all those human-looking members in such an extensive roster that features a good amount of M-rated game characters only to slap Sonic at the end.
My main gripe with Sonic in PxZ is just that it feels like most people only suggest it cause they can't handle the idea of SEGA stuff they're not familiar with getting the spotlight. Like if it actually happened I don't think I'd hate it that much as long as the rest of the roster was still cool, but I definitely don't like the mindset people seem to have which is "I don't like that they added (X SEGA thing that's outside of my bubble), when's Sanic"

I like PxZ cause it represents classic SEGA in the modern era in a really cool way. Seeing stuff like Zombie Revenge or Dynamite Deka or Fighting Vipers or PS2-era Shinobi show up in a new crossover RPG is awesome

Dukefire

Smash Master
For the new character in Sonic Superstars, its name is "Trip"

D

Deleted member

My main gripe with Sonic in PxZ is just that it feels like most people only suggest it cause they can't handle the idea of SEGA stuff they're not familiar with getting the spotlight. Like if it actually happened I don't think I'd hate it that much as long as the rest of the roster was still cool, but I definitely don't like the mindset people seem to have which is "I don't like that they added (X SEGA thing that's outside of my bubble), when's Sanic"

I like PxZ cause it represents classic SEGA in the modern era in a really cool way. Seeing stuff like Zombie Revenge or Dynamite Deka or Fighting Vipers or PS2-era Shinobi show up in a new crossover RPG is awesome
Let me tell you Speed Weed, seeing Segata Sanshiro actually dating Sakura Shinguyi from Sakura Wars while Phoenix Wright, Heihachi and MegaMan X are watching in an actual videogame and not a commercial was one of the highlights of my gaming life.

He doesn't know about made-for-TV movies.
Oh yes, that's the good stuff.

Give me some of those Ben 10 live action made for TV movies.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Pretty much the same.

Plus, Capcom and Namco also don't have similar cartoony characters like PAC-MAN yet people rarely complain about them - though Klonoa gets mentioned a little due to Namco x Capcom.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Let me tell you Speed Weed, seeing Segata Sanshiro actually dating Sakura Shinguyi from Sakura Wars while Phoenix Wright, Heihachi and MegaMan X are watching in an actual videogame and not a commercial was one of the highlights of my gaming life.

Oh yes, that's the good stuff.

Give me some of those Ben 10 live action made for TV movies.
Pretty much the same.

Plus, Capcom and Namco also don't have similar cartoony characters like PAC-MAN yet people rarely complain about them - though Klonoa gets mentioned a little due to Namco x Capcom.
Yeah, and all that stuff is why I loathe PxZ rosters that fill the SEGA side up with just the basic scrimblo/All-Stars Racing/Genesis collection stuff that westerners would know, because at best it completely misses the point of those games and the context in which they were made, and at worst feels like yet another case of people acting like the basic anglocentric view of SEGA's properties is the definitive one. These people could not come up with a pick half as inspired as someone like Rikiya Busujima.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My favorite part of The Flash movie is when Ezra Miller says, "It's Flashin' time!" and flashes all over the screen

Yes this joke was done to death but it's clever because flashing is an actual thing
My favorite was when he said “it’s flashing time” and proceeded to kidnap a mother and her children.
So what your saying is…
Throw shadow with assault rifles in instead!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, and all that stuff is why I loathe PxZ rosters that fill the SEGA side up with just the basic scrimblo/All-Stars Racing/Genesis collection stuff that westerners would know, because at best it completely misses the point of those games and the context in which they were made, and at worst feels like yet another case of people acting like the basic anglocentric view of SEGA's properties is the definitive one. These people could not come up with a pick half as inspired as someone like Rikiya Busujima.
Yeah, I appreciate Project X Zone for getting me into the obscure side of the SEGA world and helping me expand my videogame interests back in the day. I do hope that a third game keeps It that way and adds more obscure characters.

And you know what? Forget Sonic, let's add Wild Woody and that creature from the Toy world of IllBleed in the third game, that would be quite creative and hilarious.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Yeah, I appreciate Project X Zone for getting me into the obscure side of the SEGA world and helping me expand my videogame interests back in the day. I do hope that a third game keeps It that way and adds more obscure characters.

And you know what? Forget Sonic, let's add Wild Woody and that creature from the Toy world of IllBleed in the third game, that would be quite creative and hilarious.
I will say Wild Woody is kind of the perfect example of those sorts of really inane scrimblo-y picks I don't like when rosters add. I like joking around about it cause it is an extremely funny game, but it's not a good or important one by any means

D

Deleted member

I will say Wild Woody is kind of the perfect example of those sorts of really inane scrimblo-y picks I don't like when rosters add. I like joking around about it cause it is an extremely funny game, but it's not a good or important one by any means
Yeah, I was joking too with Wild Woody, lol. Wanted to say the most random thing out of my head.

For real doh, IllBleed content in Project X Zone 3 would be awesome. I could see any of the movie locations from the Game as fight zones and they could make a fun character to play as out of anyone in the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But I do think you could make more cartoonish characters work.

If Phoenix Wright can get super powers in the game and fight using a children’s tv show, like Sonic and friends aren’t that out there.

Even other Sega and Nintendo franchises could be a lot of fun.

Also it’s insane Pac-Man is not in those games. He’s the mascot of Namco

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, I don't have much interest in Prince of Persia but the new game looks pretty good - I liked how there are some references to ancient Iran this time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The only miss PxZ made is having Natsu be the Soulcalibur character in PxZ2.
No one likes her or SC5 lmao
I don't know anything about Soul Calibur but I liked her a lot in PXZ2. Maybe she's one of those characters that work better in spin-offs like Corrin.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
Am I part of the problem if i want a Puyo Puyo character?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I don't know anything about Soul Calibur but I liked her a lot in PXZ2. Maybe she's one of those characters that work better in spin-offs like Corrin.
Probably, it's just that SC5 is reviled and no one's going "I wish they brought back character who replaced a legacy character because ageism and sexism"
Like people would be fine with ZWEI and Viola because they're completely new, original* characters.

But Natsu was just a Taki replacement because they felt Taki would be too old and thus "not sexy enough" at 46 years old and this is still a trend in Namco fighting games. Old men are fine but god forbid a middle aged woman fight without some bull**** excuse that makes her still look young

*Viola may or may not be Amy with a completely different moveset

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You just reminded me I still need to check the Ultraman Netflix show.

I remember how excited you used to be about It back when It got announced.
Sadly it's more like Kamen Rider than Ultraman and as a fan of both I want Ultraman to be about a giant who's a big ass Jesus metaphor. Netflix is making an animated movie that's more traditional though so that could be cool as hell

Top Bottom