• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
TD finalists ranked, in terms of how much I like them as characters and their arcs:
1. Priya (2023)
2. Sky (Pahkitew)
3. Zoey (All-Stars)
4. Alejandro (World Tour)
5. Bowie (2023)
6. Heather (World Tour)
7. Josee (Ridonculous)
8. Geoff (Ridonculous)
9. Brody (Ridonculous)
10. Shawn (Pahkitew)
11. Owen (Island)
12. Cameron (Revenge)
13. Duncan (Action)
14. Jacques (Ridonculous)
15. Sanders (Ridonculous)
16. MacArthur (Ridonculous)
17. Sha-Lightning (Revenge)
18. Gwen (Island)
19. Mike (All-Stars)
20. Beth (Action)

I was only really 'eh' on Mike and Beth reaching the finals. These line-ups are really good.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
30 years since Jurassic Park (1993).

Really sad to think about it when most movies nowadays don't have effects and CGI coming close to being realistic what we saw in the movie. Does Hollywood even try anymore? Lol.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Idk it seemed rather intimate to me as a dumb kid. I haven't watched the movie in years so I genuinely have no clue (though I do remember watching it a lot as a kid and enjoying it)
The movie is mostly ok. It’s heavily carried more by the Leonardo/Raphael stuff while everything else is just there (even the main villains aren’t good enough to fully matter). Also Chris Evans as Casey Jones…absolutely perfect.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m tired all the time and have 0 energy but my parents say I need to get out of bed and move around as part of my recovery (my parents are both Registered Nurses). Idk what to do.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I’m tired all the time and have 0 energy but my parents say I need to get out of bed and move around as part of my recovery (my parents are both Registered Nurses). Idk what to do.
Well if you stay in bed all.the time, your legs will suffer so I say try to to at least walk around in your room.for a while. That way if you pass out, you are already in your room

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TMNT Splintered Fate, a new mobile TMNT game, has Mikey voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. With him voicing Donnie in the Out of the Shadows game and Leo in the Pizza Friday short in the past, he’s now a step closer to voicing all 4 turtles.

also Rob Paulson is still at 2, since he voiced 87 Ralph and 2012 Donnie

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
30 years since Jurassic Park (1993).

Really sad to think about it when most movies nowadays don't have effects and CGI coming close to being realistic what we saw in the movie. Does Hollywood even try anymore? Lol.
Jurassic Park is one of my all-time favorite movies. It was from a time when CGI was in its infancy and it still honestly holds up amazingly well today. JP was in that era where CGI was used sparingly and only to animate what practical effects couldn't, so it kept things from looking too fake. It's a shame that most movies nowadays don't use practical effects anymore, even in areas where they could.

Movie wise the only romancing had were with Mikey and Raph crushing on April. What you’re thinking of is TMNT 2007, which was just her trying to get him back to America from South Africa (while also trying to get Casey to settle down with her full time). Other than those, April really only had romance interactions in the 87, 2012, and maybe the ova series.

> also I gotta say how it’s odd that people hate on a human/turtle love story but gots no problems with Hank Pym being with Tigra…tho I guess catgirls are the exception?
I can think of one other occasion...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Jurassic Park is one of my all-time favorite movies. It was from a time when CGI was in its infancy and it still honestly holds up amazingly well today. JP was in that era where CGI was used sparingly and only to animate what practical effects couldn't, so it kept things from looking too fake. It's a shame that most movies nowadays don't use practical effects anymore, even in areas where they could.
Hollywood just being lazy.

Movies back then had actual blood, sweat and tears put into them unlike today.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just learned about the Pokédex entries for Walking Wake and Iron Leaves in HOME (Both are simply "Ecology under analysis")

Reminds me of the Japanese Pokédex entry for MissingNo. in generation 1: コメント さくせいちゅう ("Comment to be written")

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I can think of one other occasion...
That is also one of the many times the turtles were crushing over and/or down bad for April/a human woman…also probably the worst. Original video games , og Turtles, IDW Turtles, as Rise Turtles aside, all the other turtles have had a thing for her.

but those damned bandmates in a halfshell will forever be the true worst offenders

Shroob

Sup?
I just learned about the Pokédex entries for Walking Wake and Iron Leaves in HOME (Both are simply "Ecology under analysis")

Reminds me of the Japanese Pokédex entry for MissingNo. in generation 1: コメント さくせいちゅう ("Comment to be written")
Yeah, they're placeholders.

The leak for the DLC already confirmed they're getting actual entries(Which means they may be made available in the DLC),

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hollywood just being lazy.

Movies back then had actual blood, sweat and tears put into them unlike today.
Boy I sure hope the VFX industry isn't known for it's horrible working conditions, intense crunch and low pay leading to the creation of multiple unions for VFX artists and their full support of the strikes seen around Hollywood.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My only hopes for capcom to tomorrow:

1) Ace Attorney 7

2) Ace Attorney Investigstions 1 and 2 remaster

3) Project X Zone 3, even though Nintendo would probably announce that first.

Outside of that, dead rising if bought back right could be good, and Megaman and Monster Hunter occasionally catch my eye.

I plan on getting street fighter 6 at some point as well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My only hopes for capcom to tomorrow:

1) Ace Attorney 7

2) Ace Attorney Investigstions 1 and 2 remaster

3) Project X Zone 3, even though Nintendo would probably announce that first.

Outside of that, dead rising if bought back right could be good, and Megaman and Monster Hunter occasionally catch my eye.

I plan on getting street fighter 6 at some point as well.
My hopes
  1. Okami
  2. Okami
  3. Okami
  4. Okami
  5. AA
  6. AA
  7. AA
  8. AA

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?
Seems like people have set up a bajillion trade bots to send out cloned/hacked Hoopas and Meloettas.

Well uh, if you're suffering the Pokemon HOME/Pokemon GO thing with transferring mythicals, seems like this is a work around. :drshrug:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo people, I was looking at some stores at a shopping center after doing some paperwork regarding the new career I wanna do and I found at a CEX store some really good games from my childhood which I loved to play with my cousins

Obviously I didn't buy them as I am saving money for all the stuff I shared yesterday, but It was really awesome to see these games in person again. I'm sure my dad would love to see that Layton game respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's incredible how many people in the Persona 5 fandom gaslighted themselves into believing a full game starring Akechi as its solo protagonist is a realistic expectation to have.

D

Deleted member

Yo, I originally wasn't planning to share this in Smashboards, but when I heard the incredible background music of this action figure review I thought to myself "wow, I need to share It with them as soon as possible". Give It a watch, this has to be one of the top tier background music choices I've ever seen for a Toy review video:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Whole cast

#LukeSweep
I’m surprised they went with Allegra Clark instead of John Mucinex :teeth:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys don't you get it everything I don't like is lazy, a rushed video game is obviously the blame of lazy devs who have such clout that the publishers are powerless to make them work, same with movies
Ah yes. Casual Cutie Gwen subtweeting as usual. That's her for you.

Too nervous and scared to actually quote in fear of getting another warning and as usual is just gonna ignore as the snark she usually is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Currently playing Fortnite duos with a partner from a Sonic Discord server I'm in.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys I was just thinking about Skyland-
sees another 'lazy movie' argument
Never mind leaves
I'll talk Skylanders with ya.

I loved that game, but I never beat it. Why? Because in the Wii version, there was a glitch that if you declined a certain mission, you get permanently locked out if it forever and can't progress. And since the Wii can't really patch stuff, well...

Top Bottom