• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Man, why did the trade reddits have to go on strike right when I was about to finish my Living Dex.

ALL I need are these Pikachus and I'm basically done.
I kinda wanna give you mine's because you are this close to completing the Pokedex, but at the same time I worked really hard to get them after my original Switch got stolen years ago.

So idk, will think about It, I promise I will tag you tomorrow to tell you my choice about It.

Shroob

Sup?
I kinda wanna give you mine's because you are this close to completing the Pokedex, but at the same time I worked really hard to get them after my original Switch got stolen years ago.

So idk, will think about It, I promise I will tag you tomorrow to tell you my choice about It.
Nah, it's fine, you keep yours lol.
Have you tried the serebii discord? Their trade scene is pretty big.
Yeah, you can probably find my post right there. I've posted twice once at noon and another a few hours ago but no bites lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nah, it's fine, you keep yours lol.

Yeah, you can probably find my post right there. I've posted twice once at noon and another a few hours ago but no bites lol.
Damn, hopefully the Reddit’s come back soon. Although they are considering striking for more than 48 hours.

There’s also the Pokecommunity but I don’t know how active their trade scene is. Good luck in your hunt.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't really 'need' them, but it'd be cool to say "Hey cool, I have every possible Pokemon transferrable into Scarlet/Violet and their alt forms."

Barring Mythicals. I'm going to take what I can get with those. I see a trade bot offering cloned/hacked ones that are legit enough to pass through Bank? Mine now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This game is done

Shroob

Sup?
This game is done
What the actual **** is this.

No really

How the **** does this game keep going from bad to worse.

This isn't even funny. I'm not laughing at how bad this is. I'm in ****ing shocked disbelief.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This game is done
So this announcement was so confusing and weird that I actually went back and checked some earlier Overwatch 2 announcements and things

-The game was always planned to be Free PvP and paid PvE (The original rumor said that the PVE would have been 60 dollars so this is a slight improvement.)
-They never announced they were cancelling PvE, it was a combination of bad headlines and REALLY bad PR from Blizzard
-What they actually cancelled was the in depth customization and other unique aspects (so still ****ty)
-This game was 100% announced early and it released early, no question.
-Blizzard is still Blizzard so someone was harassed on the dev team and the PvE will have bad servers at launch.
-There will also probably be some other rug pull.

Now I can hate on Blizzard while being informed!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This game is done
There are people defending this
In the comments

And we wonder why gaming is how it is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man XDive getting a seemingly non-gacha version is interesting to say the least.

On one hand, a total Monkey's Paw for NEW Mega Man games.

On the other hand, a surprising case of Video Game Preservation that they didn't just release the game from the ether and let it die forever. Of course an actual console/physical release would be the best case scenario for any game like this, but it is what it is.

Spider-Verse stuff
I saw the movie. It's pretty damn good, but like expected, it's not the 2nd coming of Christ like people on Twitter were saying it was, nor was it a dumpster fire like a few fringe people were saying(like some 4chan posters mostly). It developed a handful of the side characters more which is good. But I guess I'm still disappointed that Miguel was sorta turned into a Strawman for the people that don't like Miles cause Mig's one of MY favorites and I wanted him to be done well. I think his motivation makes sense, but the canon stuff is still a little dumb. Still I'm a sucker not just for good animation, but I also like the "Idealistic Hero" vs "Pragmatic Hero" theme between Miles and Miguel, which many have already pointed out, is similar to Peter and Miguel having different priorities as heroes in Spider-Man Edge of Time. On top of that the ending is ALSO very Edge of Time. Still since this movie is meant to be a part 1 of a 2 part story, I can't say how it'll all tie together in the end. Looking forward to how it all wraps up!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Overwatch was on top of the world just a few years ago.

How do you fumble the bag this badly?
Company run by sex pests.
Everytime something ****ty happens at the company, they slap some LGBTQ rep in a way that feels disgusting and shallow, to the point of parody.
Screwed over a player for not bowing down to the Chinese government.
Not putting in the damn single player.
Not making an in-game story about the game where practically every character has main character energy that rivals TF2 and LoL.
Shutting down the original game technically
Replacing all the stages with color swaps and still not having all the old stages back
2nd game pretty much just has 5v5 instead 6v6 due to the lack of promises kept.

I dunno I guess it just didn't retain an audience as much as you think you would.

Coasting off esports and the "animators" at this point
Just like TF2, sorta. The Heavy Compilation and Pharah Compilation are surely both iconic, but for different reasons.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In movie news

Animation isn't cinema

Edit: wait is actually looks bad all around, the Flash would be 1m more than Black Adam

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This game is done
Hokd on, you need to buy a PASS to keep the invasion story missions?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This game is done
Overwatch 2 devs whenever a single small update releases that only consists of bug fixes:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In movie news

Animation isn't cinema

Edit: wait is actually looks bad all around, the Flash would be 1m more than Black Adam
Spider-Verse did better than the first so far. But it had a pretty average drop off of 50+%

With Flash, it's not hard to see why it landed with a not so impressive thud of sorts.

1. Ezra Miller is an IRL villain
2. DCEU was always mixed in reception
3. It's getting Re-booted, and we knew about this for a while.
4. Superhero Fatigue is still kind of real, but needs certain standout titles to really make an impact, at least in film.

They're gonna launch a "not sexy" swimsuit D. Va skin and all this will be forgotten
Until they release the ass slapping room video footage from Acti-Blizz cause a lot of people there can't NOT be ****ty it seems.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Spider-Verse did better than the first so far. But it had a pretty average drop off of 50+%

With Flash, it's not hard to see why it landed with a not so impressive thud of sorts.

1. Ezra Miller is an IRL villain
2. DCEU was always mixed in reception
3. It's getting Re-booted, and we knew about this for a while.
4. Superhero Fatigue is still kind of real, but needs certain standout titles to really make an impact, at least in film.
I think the biggest issue is that the movie doesn't look all that interesting. Like he's not even the star of the trailers, its Micheal Keaton Batman

Until they release the ass slapping room video footage from Acti-Blizz cause a lot of people there can't NOT be ****ty it seems.
I would say COD DLC but the COD community is too busy being scared if rainbows atm.

Dukefire

Smash Master
After seeing the pass to GET story missions in OW2, I will think twice before buying. Until then, sticking with MvM.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think the biggest issue is that the movie doesn't look all that interesting. Like he's not even the star of the trailers, its Micheal Keaton Batman
I’d say Supergirl is more of the star at this point based on movie promoting
It's getting Re-booted, and we knew about this for a while.
let’s hope the DCU makes some big money (and no Black Adam biases within the next 2 decades)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The classic Dreamworks PEAK to flop combo
Not to go all conspiracy but I legit think their entire marketing strategy was to appeal to those weird nerds who threw tantrums over Halle Bailey's Little Mermaid and that was it. Every time Disney came out with a Little Mermaid clip, Ruby Gillman would have a trailer like a day later. What they didn't bank on is that they were a minority (heh), and also they spoiled like the entire movie.

What furthers my theory is that if they didn't outright tell you that Ruby was the main character, you'd think this girl was because I swear she's been marketed more than Ruby
20230612_230132.jpg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not to go all conspiracy but I legit think their entire marketing strategy was to appeal to those weird nerds who threw tantrums over Halle Bailey's Little Mermaid and that was it. Every time Disney came out with a Little Mermaid clip, Ruby Gillman would have a trailer like a day later. What they didn't bank on is that they were a minority (heh), and also they spoiled like the entire movie.

What furthers my theory is that if they didn't outright tell you that Ruby was the main character, you'd think this girl was because I swear she's been marketed more than Ruby
View attachment 373285
Maybe, I just figured it was them trying to get back to their Shrek roots, but with characters that are just not as visually interesting to people.

Of course another problem was that Dreamworks evolved past "Disney is ass bro" phase, nor did they really take advantage of at least making fun of their current selves.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maybe, I just figured it was them trying to get back to their Shrek roots, but with characters that are just not as visually interesting to people.

Of course another problem was that Dreamworks evolved past "Disney is ass bro" phase, nor did they really take advantage of at least making fun of their current selves.
Dreamworks still takes some shots at Disney, I know Boss Baby's marketing dumped on the Beauty and The Beast remake. Now I don't think this one in particular is "lol Disney" but idk who the market is for given that they never marketed it.

Speaking of, Dreamworks is announcing a new film tomorrow. I have a feeling it's gonna be Shrek 5.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dreamworks still takes some shots at Disney, I know Boss Baby's marketing dumped on the Beauty and The Beast remake. Now I don't think this one in particular is "lol Disney" but idk who the market is for given that they never marketed it.

Speaking of, Dreamworks is announcing a new film tomorrow. I have a feeling it's gonna be Shrek 5.
I guess so, but I still more so associate them with making more original cool stuff than their parodies by now I guess.

Top Bottom