• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Warners Bros using the 200m dollar budget to make the worst looking PS3 cutscenes (they need to have their deceased actors rest in agony)
CG Zombie Christopher Reeve should override any and all praise this piece of **** gets, this is a negative ten outta ten for that alone

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
CG Zombie Christopher Reeve should override any and all praise this piece of **** gets, this is a negative ten outta ten for that alone
They were able to do that but couldn't have the gall to have the Flash's previous actors appear as a cameo. How the CW Flash paid better tribute to DC's history is beyond me

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
despite watching Flash on Thursday…well I’m not paying for it so oh well let my punishment begin with some Hot Dogs and an ICEE

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I feel like some people here would probably be interested in this, I know I am

This genuinely has me considering getting a Disney+ subscription just to support the creative team, they probably need it

D

Deleted member

I feel like some people here would probably be interested in this, I know I am

This genuinely has me considering getting a Disney+ subscription just to support the creative team, they probably need it
Gotta say, I love this trend on Disney+ started by Star Wars Visions of doing collaborations with Studios from countries and nations around the world to do animated projects.

It helps highlight the talents from said places and could help get people interested on checking out works from outside the USA and Hollywood.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Gotta say, I love this trend on Disney+ started by Star Wars Visions of doing collaborations with Studios from countries and nations around the world to do animated projects.

It helps highlight the talents from said places and could help get people interested on checking out works from outside the USA and Hollywood.
I mean it's cool and all but it sucks that they barely promote these shorts from what I've seen

D

Deleted member

I mean it's cool and all but it sucks that they barely promote these shorts from what I've seen
Yeah, It is a shame. They are probably some of the best stuff on Disney+ when It comes to original content.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just finished watching all the bonus features for the Mario movie (if you're going to watch the special features, do note they contains spoilers). What what I got from it:
  • Sadly, no deleted scenes
  • Every actor ended their know the cast video saying they want to play their characters again (of course we all know the answer to that)
  • Fred Armisen and Juliet Jelenic were both absent from their own know the cast videos for whatever reasons
  • Kevin Michael Richardson, Sebastian Maniscalco, and Charles Martinet didn't get a spotlight.
  • One of the animators had a Minion figure dressed up as Mario on her desk, lol
  • I really liked the stuff that came from Ed Skudder. Dem crazy eyebrows of his too
  • They confirmed that Kong karts are powered by banana juice and Koopa karts are powered by lava
Now to watch the movie again

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ezra Miller is staying? Are you ******* kidding me?

Someone please. Someone put this lunatic in a mental hospital. He clearly needs help.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ezra Miller is staying? Are you ******* kidding me?

Someone please. Someone put this lunatic in a mental hospital. He clearly needs help.
James Gunn literally said they are gone though????

So yeah, big box office flop Coming.

Another tragic but common Warner Bros L. They had one job to at least make the movie good, and it doesn’t look like they succeeded

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fyi Ezra goes by they/them.

Ezra sucks and should be behind bars but lets not get into the habit of misgendering.

though some of y'all been told that multiple times that I'm starting to think it's on purpose
Low key, completely forgot to type that.

Also most people believe they only go by they/them so they can avoid criticism by playing the victim card.

Which honestly I think is the exact case and explains why Warner put up with them this long.

Pretty sure they weren’t non binary until around their crime spree starting. So yeah a bad look imo. One that’s only going to make it harder for non binary people either way.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Also most people believe they only go by they/them so they can avoid criticism by playing the victim card.

Which honestly I think is the exact case and explains why Warner put up with them this long.

Pretty sure they weren’t non binary until around their crime spree starting. So yeah a bad look imo. One that’s only going to make it harder for non binary people either way.
No I'm pretty sure Ezra came out long before, and those cases of using their identity as a get out of jail free card are rare (and usually don't work given the current climate rn).

The real reason why WB won't recast them is because they care about money and recasting Ezra would cast hella cash. And also they probably don't care.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

They came out a decade ago

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No I'm pretty sure Ezra came out long before, and those cases of using their identity as a get out of jail free card are rare (and usually don't work given the current climate rn).

The real reason why WB won't recast them is because they care about money and recasting Ezra would cast hella cash. And also they probably don't care.
They came out a decade ago
Well regardless, minus bigotry those are two reasons people do that.

And maybe, but Warner’s stupid asses are about to lose all that money anyway. Which is getting deserved tbh.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fyi Ezra goes by they/them.

Ezra sucks and should be behind bars but lets not get into the habit of misgendering.

though some of y'all been told that multiple times that I'm starting to think it's on purpose
Honestly, as a trans woman, part of me feels like you should be able to have your pronouns revoked if you’re ****ty enough. We don’t want them associated with us. Part of me recognizes that that’s not a good way to think. But I don’t like the idea of douchebags pointing at Ezra and saying “we were right! They’re all monsters!” and I wish there was some way to disown them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
James Gunn literally said they are gone though????
tbf very few characters are actually confirmed to be recasted and replaced (those being Superman and Black Adam). Flash, Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman are apart of the “they get recasted if the actors don’t want to return” group…well…more so Ezra keeps that Flash spot no matter what. While the Peacemaker gang are pretty much dead on set to stay as their characters (so yay more John Cena)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, as a trans woman, part of me feels like you should be able to have your pronouns revoked if you’re ****ty enough. We don’t want them associated with us. Part of me recognizes that that’s not a good way to think. But I don’t like the idea of douchebags pointing at Ezra and saying “we were right! They’re all monsters!” and I wish there was some way to disown them.
You disown them for recognizing them for being a **** person and kicking them out of your spaces. That doesn't mean you gotta invalidate identities because then where do we draw the line?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We're gonna see Bambi's mom get wrecked in live action? Oh dude.
And it’s gonna be the worse cgi you’ve ever seen.
tbf very few characters are actually confirmed to be recasted and replaced (those being Superman and Black Adam). Flash, Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman are apart of the “they get recasted if the actors don’t want to return” group…well…more so Ezra keeps that Flash spot no matter what. While the Peacemaker gang are pretty much dead on set to stay as their characters (so yay more John Cena)
Im not quite sure what you’re saying here? If your trying to say the justice league characters are staying.

Definitely not. All those actors are gone and it’s been clear for awhile. The characters might still appear in like Superman Legacy or something, but the actors we know aren’t returning at all.

It’s why Gunn won’t outright say this actor is staying or that one’s leaving. He can’t because they still have cameos in the upcoming films and he doesn’t want to hurt their profits.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People always say this when a trans or nonbinary person does something controversial.

It's not anyone's job to guess who's actually telling the truth about being trans or nonbinary. To try to do so is just transphobia. People will try to come up with any reason a trans/nonbinary is just "making it up", and so when one does something bad there's a lot of people lined up to say "I knew it!" now that they can act like they have the moral highground for saying what many would probably be secretly thinking otherwise.

Understanding that anyone can be queer means anyone can be queer, good or bad. Wether we like that or not, that includes even assholes and crooks.

And it's not like being queer when you're already in trouble does much to get you out of it anyway. If anything it has the opposite effect.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You disown them for recognizing them for being a **** person and kicking them out of your spaces. That doesn't mean you gotta invalidate identities because then where do we draw the line?
At the same time, Ezra is the exact model bigots use to say the LGQBT community are groomers and pedos.

which should absolutely not be tolerated as it brings way more violence and hate towards a group that suffers enough.

So I think disowning people like that who are actual groomers and making the line drawn between LGBQT and predators very clear.

But ironically Ezra was kinda groomed by Zoe Kravitz, so that is also an issue to consider.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
At the same time, Ezra is the exact model bigots use to say the LGQBT community are groomers and pedos.

which should absolutely not be tolerated as it brings way more violence and hate towards a group that suffers enough.

So I think disowning people like that who are actual groomers and making the line drawn between LGBQT and predators very clear.

But ironically Ezra was kinda groomed by Zoe Kravitz, so that is also an issue to consider.
If Ezra was enough for them to become bigots, then they already were but just silent. Disowning won't work when their mind's already made up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People always say this when a trans or nonbinary person does something controversial.

It's not anyone's job to guess who's actually telling the truth about being trans or nonbinary. To try to do so is just transphobia. People will try to come up with any reason a trans/nonbinary is just "making it up", and so when one does something bad there's a lot of people lined up to say "I knew it!" now that they can act like they have the moral highground for saying what many would probably be secretly thinking otherwise.

Understanding that anyone can be queer means anyone can be queer, good or bad. Wether we like that or not, that includes even assholes and crooks.

And it's not like being queer when you're already in trouble does much to get you out of it anyway. If anything it has the opposite effect.
I agree, but like I said that is the common mindeset. The worst part is exactly what I mentioned above.

People use the behavior of people who don’t identify as cis to encourage violence and hate. With people Like Ezra who do bad things being the face of these movements.

Yes anyone can be good or bad regardless of their identity. But I think personally there needs to be a bigger disassociation of the bad people on the LGQBt scale from the good. Otherwise the side would continue be abused, hated, violently attacked, and worse for absolutely no reason, other than one bad egg in the bunch. Which is not fair to ask of an already oppressed and targeted group.

The bad need to really pay for their actions and there has to be some way to separate them from
Everybody else so the disgusting bigots out there can’t use them to hurt others.

They will never come to terms with acceptance right now if they have something to shield their hate behind.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I agree, but like I said that is the common mindeset. The worst part is exactly what I mentioned above.

People use the behavior of people who don’t identify as cis to encourage violence and hate. With people Like Ezra who do bad things being the face of these movements.

Yes anyone can be good or bad regardless of their identity. But I think personally there needs to be a bigger disassociation of the bad people on the LGQBt scale from the good. Otherwise the side would continue be abused, hated, violently attacked, and worse for absolutely no reason, other than one bad egg in the bunch. Which is not fair to ask of an already oppressed and targeted group.

The bad need to really pay for their actions and there has to be some way to separate them from
Everybody else so the disgusting bigots out there can’t use them to hurt others.

They will never come to terms with acceptance right now if they have something to shield their hate behind.
Bigots will go out of their way to cherry pick the people who match the worst stereotypes regardless, wether we claim them or not.

No one can decide if someone else is nonbinary or not. They don't hand out exclusive LGBTQ+ membership cards that you have to own to call yourself nonbinary. No one can decide that for anyone else, because that goes against the entire idea of letting people figure out things for themselves.

Anyway if we're gonna misgender crooks we may as well be consistent and call cis male crooks "women" and cis female crooks "men". If you can take away a trans person's gender card you should be able to take away a cis person's too. /s but only kinda

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway if we're gonna misgender crooks we may as well be consistent and call cis male crooks "women" and cis female crooks "men". If you can take away a trans person's gender card you should be able to take away a cis person's too. /s but only kinda
I mean sounds like a great way to degrade the creepy men in Hollywood lol. If they lose their male privilege it’s over for them lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean sounds like a great way to degrade the creepy men in Hollywood lol. If they lose their male privilege it’s over for them lol.
It wasn't a serious suggestion, I was moreso just pointing out that it's a double standard used to treat trans people worse then cis people who've commited the same offenses. That's what I meant by "only kinda".

Probably should've been more clear.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It wasn't a serious suggestion, I was moreso just pointing out that it's a double standard used to treat trans people worse then cis people who've commited the same offenses. That's what I meant by "only kinda".

Probably should've been more clear.
I wasn’t being super serious either with that post. But my bad for not clarifying

Top Bottom