• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Recently McDonald's released a Game Boy Color game called Grimace's Birthday that you can play on their website. You can also find it as a ROM.

It's actually not bad.

D

Deleted member

Yo people, The Flash stuff has made me reconsider a chunk of stuff regarding a fan-story I am working on and I wanted to hear ya'lls feedback about It to see if It needs to be changed or reconsidered or It is fine as It is.

Gonna put It under spoilers as there's a chunk to explain.
Basically there's this part of the story where the main characters (who I won't reveal Who they are, but they are in a multiversal adventure) are getting caught by this multiversal organization called the Court of the Bat. Basically think of It as the Court Of Reeds from Marvel but with various Batman.

And see, the cool thing I had thought about was that each Batman would have a different artstyle, similar to ITSV but with anime artstyles. The thing is that I need enough Batmen to make It cool enough so here would be the lineup:
-Adam West (he wouldn't Talk) and Butt Ward on the Sailor Moon/Kochikame artstyle
-Michael Keaton on the Fist Of The Northstar artstyle
-Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnel on the Jojo Bizarre Adventure artstyle
-Kevin Conroy (he wouldn't talk either) on the Batman TAS artstyle
-Christian Bale on the Death Note artstyle
-Robert Pattinson on the Demon Slayer artstyle

Obviously the ones Who wouldn't talk are because they are dead and such, but I felt they were too important on the legacy of the character to miss out on. But I'll be reading ya'll to see what the general consensus is.
That's all, have a great day everyone!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you don't mind me asking, kind of problems do you have with these movies?
Clearly it's because it should have been a Banjo Kazooie game

ALSO WHAT THE **** MAN WE HAVE A SUPERMAN ANIME OPENING

THEY LOOK SO GOOD I WANT TO SEE GOOD BOY CLARK WITH HOT LOIS AND CUTE JIMMY I WILL CRY IF THIS IS BAD

D

Deleted member

ALSO WHAT THE **** MAN WE HAVE A SUPERMAN ANIME OPENING

THEY LOOK SO GOOD I WANT TO SEE GOOD BOY CLARK WITH HOT LOIS AND CUTE JIMMY I WILL CRY IF THIS IS BAD
Let me tell you, as a long time Superman fan Who has gone through the Injustice and Zack Snyder era... This new show and Superman And Lois are exactly what I needed for so long.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Let me tell you, as a long time Superman fan Who has gone through the Injustice and Zack Snyder era... This new show and Superman And Lois are exactly what I needed for so long.
Dude I only saw Superman TAS and the original Christopher Reeve movie this year and I am so mad that Superman got turned into that. I also had a fight with an irl friend about Superman which led to us watching a few episodes which convinced him lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yo people, The Flash stuff has made me reconsider a chunk of stuff regarding a fan-story I am working on and I wanted to hear ya'lls feedback about It to see if It needs to be changed or reconsidered or It is fine as It is.

Gonna put It under spoilers as there's a chunk to explain.
Basically there's this part of the story where the main characters (who I won't reveal Who they are, but they are in a multiversal adventure) are getting caught by this multiversal organization called the Court of the Bat. Basically think of It as the Court Of Reeds from Marvel but with various Batman.

And see, the cool thing I had thought about was that each Batman would have a different artstyle, similar to ITSV but with anime artstyles. The thing is that I need enough Batmen to make It cool enough so here would be the lineup:
-Adam West (he wouldn't Talk) and Butt Ward on the Sailor Moon/Kochikame artstyle
-Michael Keaton on the Fist Of The Northstar artstyle
-Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnel on the Jojo Bizarre Adventure artstyle
-Kevin Conroy (he wouldn't talk either) on the Batman TAS artstyle
-Christian Bale on the Death Note artstyle
-Robert Pattinson on the Demon Slayer artstyle

Obviously the ones Who wouldn't talk are because they are dead and such, but I felt they were too important on the legacy of the character to miss out on. But I'll be reading ya'll to see what the general consensus is.
That's all, have a great day everyone!
I love works that give characters varying art styles, this sounds interesting!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Look at this. It's no Nintendo Direct, but it is something.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Look at this. It's no Nintendo Direct, but it is something.

"Are you finding the summer heat unbearable? So does this story's hero, Sigurd! Buy Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War, out this fall!"

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Wow, people are really happy with Dreamworks lately! They loved The Bad Guys and Cat in Shoes 2, I can imagine their next movie will do really we-
...Oh

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don’t like the way they look, the animation they get so much praise for, I don’t think it looks good.
Well, that's certainly a unpopular opinion
And I just don’t connect with miles as a protagonist.
Well of course not, ur white /s
I mean idk what to tell you on that

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Wow, people are really happy with Dreamworks lately! They loved The Bad Guys and Cat in Shoes 2, I can imagine their next movie will do really we-
...Oh
I almost want to see it out of pity.

Almost

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, that's certainly a unpopular opinion

Well of course not, ur white /s
I mean idk what to tell you on that
it’s not that. Milestone media and Static Shock are some of my favorite comics that exist. Miles is just… idk. He doesn’t gel with me the same way Vergil does.

And yeah, I’ve never liked the way these movies looked. I think they look weird and nothing meshes the way it’s supposed to.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The moral of the story is that pretty girls are BAD and you should keep yourself safe NOW of you are pretty and popular.

Saved you a watch, you're welcome
If that's the actual moral of the story and there's nothing more to it than the trailers showed then I don't know why they even greenlit this film and expected it to do well

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
The moral of the story is that pretty girls are BAD and you should keep yourself safe NOW of you are pretty and popular.

Saved you a watch, you're welcome
Side note but I absolutely despise the vilification of "pretty popular girls" in some media. That's another reason I like Total Drama. Lindsay is pretty and popular, but she's SUPER nice.

IDK if the movie will expand on this message a bit by showing some good-hearted pretty mermaids but I doubt it.

Oh well, still excited for Trolls 3, and that'll likely make up for this film's likely failure

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If that's the actual moral of the story and there's nothing more to it than the trailers showed then I don't know why they even greenlit this film and expected it to do well
I mean what else would it be? The awkward "ugly" girl struggles to navigate high school while the pretty white girl is popular and has hoardes if fans. But also she's evil because she's white or something and the ugly girl has to save the day. She does and now she's popular.

Idk haven't seen the movie but that's usually how it goes

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I want to see it out of interest. Like I always have. Like, until these projected box office earnings came in it felt like most people thought it looked like a cool movie. And I still think it does.
Nothing I've seen about this movie really grabs my attention. The animation is fine but it doesn't look like anything special like recent bangers like Spider-Verse and **** in Boots. I obviously don't hold every animated movie to that standard but the story and characters don't stand out to me either.

I love DreamWorks but they've never been known for consistency. I'll just wait for Kung Fu Panda 4

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll just wait for Kung Fu Panda 4
The third movie ended on a great conclusion. Why did they have to ruin that? God forbid can't let a trilogy be a trilogy! Po reunited with his birth father, has both him and his adoptive father, reunited with his species. What more did you need???

Do you want it to end up the same way as Ice Age had??? Or Toy Story 5 happening when 3 was a fine conclusion (4 was fine as a conclusion as well but should've ended it with 3)?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So if anyone is wondering what Aaron Taylor-Johnson's costume for Sony Pictures' upcoming Kraven the Hunter potentially looks like, well.........

Yeah, they should've made it more revealing.

The third movie ended on a great conclusion. Why did they have to ruin that? God forbid can't let a trilogy be a trilogy! Po reunited with his birth father, has both him and his adoptive father, reunited with his species. What more did you need???

Do you want it to end up the same way as Ice Age had???
Sometimes a later addition to a trilogy can improve it even if the conclusion was satisfactory. There's no special thing about the number three.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Do you want it to end up the same way as Ice Age had???
Tbh I haven't even seen 3, but considering how long it's been and how godlike the first two are there is little danger of it ending up like Ice Age.

Also this next movie will apparently focus on Po finding a successor which sounds like an interesting premise

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion

Do you want it to end up the same way as Ice Age had??? Or Toy Story 5 happening when 3 was a fine conclusion (4 was fine as a conclusion as well but should've ended it with 3)?
To be quite honest I was never really expecting it to end with 3. The movie never gave me Grand Finale vibes like Toy Story 3 and 4 did (well look how well that turned out lol)

Also (this was a few years back so bear with me) I THINK I heard about someone at Dreamworks wanting there to be SIX Kung Fu Panda movies once upon a time...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sometimes a later addition to a trilogy can improve it even if the conclusion was satisfactory. There's no special thing about the number three.
That totally worked out for Ice Age right? Or Incredibles 2 despite the gap huh? Look what's come to Toy Story as well, 4 was fine as a conclusion but now they're making a 5th. Just end it when there's a good conclusion. Kung Fu Panda 3 was had that.
Tbh I haven't even seen 3, but considering how long it's been and how godlike the first two are there is little danger of it ending up like Ice Age.

Also this next movie will apparently focus on Po finding a successor which sounds like an interesting premise
That worked out for Incredibles 2 right despite the gap right? Or Toy Story 5 happening.
To be quite honest I was never really expecting it to end with 3. The movie never gave me Grand Finale vibes like Toy Story 3 and 4 did (well look how well that turned out lol)
Po reunited with his birth father, has him and his adoptive as well as reunited with his kind. Sounded grand finale to me.

Give How To Train Your Dragon credit, it knew to end on a trilogy and good conclusion.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I still haven't seen any Kung Fu Panda sequels and it's been at least a decade since I saw the original, maybe 4 will make me get off my ass like what John Wick did
Kung Fu Panda 2 is an actual masterpiece and an amazing sequel, you should see it as soon as you can

That worked out for Incredibles 2 right despite the gap right?
Incredibles 2 was rushed and Pixar isn't known for making good sequels aside from Toy Story. Plus it ended with clear setup for a sequel (and they fumbled that bag hard)

Meanwhile DreamWorks released **** in Boots: The Last Wish last year, and that movie was a sequel to one of their middest films of all time and everyone's talking about this one. I trust them way more

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Incredibles 2 was rushed and Pixar isn't known for making good sequels aside from Toy Story. Plus it ended with clear setup for a sequel (and they fumbled that bag hard)
How do you rush a sequel that was 20 years in the making?

Also they're apparently making a Toy Story 5. What makes you think this new trilogy of Kung Fu Panda won't be the end? Watch we get another focusing on Po's successor.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
That totally worked out for Ice Age right? Or Incredibles 2 despite the gap huh? Look what's come to Toy Story as well, 4 was fine as a conclusion but now they're making a 5th. Just end it when there's a good conclusion. Kung Fu Panda 3 was had that.

That worked out for Incredibles 2 right despite the gap right? Or Toy Story 5 happening.
By "sometimes", I meant that there are both good and bad examples of sequels continuing after number 3. Hence, I didn't use "always".

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
9 Kung Fu Panda movies. After this new trilogy, we'll get a new one focusing on Po's successor. Lol.

We all thought Toy Story 4 was the end, boy look how that turned out not to be the case. Don't be surprised.

Last edited:
Top Bottom