• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, in the spanish language for example Young people such as myself are trying to use gendered words with an "e" ending to refer to non-binary people for example.

Like, instead of saying "chico/a", we would say "chique" to refer to a non-binary person.
Yeah, similar in Turkish but it's more of younger women getting more comfortable using "masculine" words to call each other because our language lacks grammatical gender in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Btw, now that we are talking about non-binary stuff, I really wanna shill the hell out of this character in the recently released Tron:Identity, a really good visual novel set in the Tron franchise:

Their name is Cass and I think they are the first non-binary character in the franchise. I won't spoil what goes on with them in the game for those Who want to play It, but let me tell you: the twist involving them blew my mind and made me really excited to see how the conflict gets solved in the future Tron games by the studio and even Tron 3. The scales set on this game are that huge for the lore.

Also wanna highlight that there's something rare yet incredibly awesome going on with the spanish translation of the Game: they refer to them as "elle" and use the word finished I brought up to osby earlier when referring to them.
The fact this barely happens in videogame spanish translations yet, and the fact this was allowed by the Walt "I cancelled The Owl House" Disney company amazes me in a really great way.

And yeah, if ya'll have 15 bucks to spare and are interested on the Tron franchise, play the game. Ya'll will be supporting really cool devs and enjoying a well-crafted story.

Yeah, similar in Turkish but it's more of younger women getting more comfortable using "masculine" words to call each other because our language lacks grammatical gender in the first place.
Wow, It is quite fascinating to read that. Goes to show how the use of certain words and expressions can vary between cultures.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Look at this. It's no Nintendo Direct, but it is something.

Rip, virginia never gets anything but Im sure as hell not stepping foot in texas or florida

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So if anyone is wondering what Aaron Taylor-Johnson's costume for Sony Pictures' upcoming Kraven the Hunter potentially looks like, well.........

Looks kinda bad. Feels like a Percy Jackson costume.

Although according to people who saw the trailer at cinema con, he did have the more traditional costume later on in it.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Koromaru and Mitsuru…lemme see them
How ironic I’m actually playing P3P right now. Hoping the remake does the third game justice

John Romita Sr. Passed away.

If you don't the name, you know the art, he's one of the most iconic Marvel Artists of all time. He helped to flesh out Spider-Man's Aesthetic. And he created characters like the Kingpin.
Man what is with all the deaths this year?!?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
\
Mods wont exist again until the next Smash game is announced, so this is the perfect season to ****post. :wiismith:
Did somebody say....

****posting? :grinch:

The best time to use Smashboards is when there's no Smash to talk about
And when the next Smash hits, that's when the massive headaches start

Noipoi

Howdy!
The old Ultimate thread had upwards of 50 users in it regularly. Damn near 100 whenever a direct and/or major leak was happening. Not to mention all the guests.

This little social thread gets like, 20 folks on a good day. I can't even remember how I used to keep track of all those people :090:

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The old Ultimate thread had upwards of 50 users in it regularly. Damn near 100 whenever a direct and/or major leak was happening. Not to mention all the guests.

This little social thread gets like, 20 folks on a good day. I can't even remember how I used to keep track of all those people :090:
While I refuse to consider anyone here a friend, I do genuinely appreciate how smal and civil of a community this is. It's a bubble with very little toxicity to be found if at all

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
While I refuse to consider anyone here a friend, I do genuinely appreciate how smal and civil of a community this is.
Wow I see how it is.

JK I'm like the same. If I see y'all in the flesh then I can get over the mental barrier and consider y'all a friend.

That said, idk if I want to see some of y'all in the flesh

D

Deleted member

Wow I see how it is.

JK I'm like the same. If I see y'all in the flesh then I can get over the mental barrier and consider y'all a friend.

I'm sure that if we ever met in person at my island I would show you some cool places to watch the enviroment and the city.

... I probably would also make homemade cake, which tends to taste really sweet.
They better put Diddy Kong and Pauline in Mario Kart 8
Preach Noi, preach.

Diddy and Pauline are like the two characters I feel have to be added.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Wow I see how it is.

Considering I live on the other side of the world from most of you, I will probably never see any of you guys in the flesh

D

Deleted member

Considering I live on the other side of the world from most of you, I will probably never see any of you guys in the flesh
Lol, I kinda have it bad too as I live in a set of islands at the left of Morocco.

Idk if I can even afford a ticket to the USA or Australia xd

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Lol, I kinda have it bad too as I live in a set of islands at the left of Morocco.

Idk if I can even afford a ticket to the USA or Australia xd
I probably can but at the same time I don't think I really want to set foot in the US

Edit: also if you live near Morocco then I actually live closer to you than most other people here

Last edited:
Top Bottom