• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Just for context i have absolutly ALL "Memorys"
All Towers
All Purah Pad Upgrades
Pretty good albeit Patchworky Armour (Basically i have fully upgraded the Perfect Link head but the Armour is Hylia Amour In White/Green)
I have helped basically every Province
I have the Master sword (Currently with a flame iwarok heart Attached!)
I have the Secret arm Ability
Im through most dungeons (i think)
But still i have to beat Ganondorf
Everyone is Dumb
Zelda is like HMMM MaYbE GANONdorf CoUlD bE EvIl! (Girl the guy has the same name as calamity ganon)
And Everyone at the lookout is like HMMMM Is ThAt ZeLdA AND DUDE LINK YOU LITERALLY SAW A ZELDA DOPPELGANGER
Please dont spoil me kay thanks also you guys really got the Short (And Wrong) end of the stick Gloom how dumb we germans on the other hand got the more acurate Miasma NOA Being a bit Silly (and bad at their jobs) Again!

D

Deleted member

This deal is really tempting

But idk if It will be worth It to play the game on Switch rather than on PS5 (which doesn't seem to have the discount sadly).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another background piece, which is what most of this week's art is gonna be. Monday was Wolverine's color alts. Cause I think I skipped posting here on that day.

Also, I'm working on the Color Wheel fan-art thing people are doing, more than halfway done, All the BG stuff, and half the characters are done, with the other half having at least a little bit of work done. Hopefully this week it'll be finished.

To this day, I wonder why Nintendo never used the Bros 2 system of having 4 unique playable characters ever again besides 3D World.

It's just bizzare because everyone loved that and they just stopped doing it.
I saw Toad do Mist Steps in the ice stages, so I think they should keep making Mario games like that.

D

Deleted member

It is so nice that Superman is being treated so well in recent years between Superman & Lois and this new animated show.

Now, if only we could do the same with por Green Lantern...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk what to say about his power

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
idk what to say about his power
Yeah, I don't give a crap about what BuzzFeed posts.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That new Superman show looks pretty good. Didn't think I needed short haired Lois in my life but yeah
I'll give it a shot, but I don't really like the anime style for Superman much honestly. I like anime and cape**** a lot, and don't mind them mixing, but I feel like Spider-Man, X-Men ect fit that more than Supes. Maybe if it looked more like the X-Men's Madhouse anime?

Only portrayal of Lois I'm familiar with is the one from Superman: The Animated Series and that version is not a tomboy
She had short hair a lot in the comics. Though Lois is usually a mix of "Army Brat" personality and "Business Casual" fashion sense.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I have many opinions.

I really dislike the protagonist designs for SV. Personally I would have taken Nemona's design, made a gender swap, and have them be the protagonists instead.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
cinema on the menu once more
Yeah, I don't give a crap about what BuzzFeed posts.
idk anything about them, but I see Tom Holland therefore I post Tom Holland

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I have many opinions.

I really dislike the protagonist designs for SV. Personally I would have taken Nemona's design, made a gender swap, and have them be the protagonists instead.
I'd probably like them more as a customizable slate if they had more options to make them however you want.

But then again I'm really happy with my character. I guess the only thing I actually want are more outfits, because dress codes are for *******.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m late to the whole thing I know but I was actually super impressed by the Dorito Pope’s Sumter Fame Mass this time around as well as Xbacks and PlayStratons. Not only did I get to see my dad at the PS Showcase with MGS∆ but my second dad was at the game fest with Like a Dragon Gaiden.

For real though. LADGaiden, MGS∆, Sonic Superstars (even if I am concerned about it), Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, FFVII Rebirth, and HOLY **** PRINCE OF PERSIA FINALLY, they really did a good job with this years not E3 even without the Big N.

One thing I do want to point out tho is that a lot of people missed Cygni All Guns Blazing, an indie title published by Konami, which is somehow one of my most hyped games from the show.
It’s a mix between Ikaruga/Radiant Silvergun like Vertical Bullet Hells and a twin stick shooter and it’s damn pretty.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
She had short hair a lot in the comics. Though Lois is usually a mix of "Army Brat" personality and "Business Casual" fashion sense.
Well in this specific iteration she gives off massive tomboy energy

Like it goes beyond her fashion sense and short hair, she just seems much more outgoing and spunky which I think contrasts really well with Clark seemingly being more introverted and clumsy. Love that specific relationship dynamic and it's not just because I want a relationship like that I swear

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I have many opinions.

I think it makes sense for Pokemon to allow character customization, even if it usually half baked. That Gen 9 has the bummy school uniforms instead sucks. And the fact you can't AT LEAST mix and match the designs of the previous protags feels like a missed opportunity.

Though in general, as someone who likes making characters and drawing, I legit prefer it when games have actually thought out designs and identities for their characters. Obviously, if someone like Terry Bogard or Eddy Gordo were blank slates and not established characters with particular aesthetics and backstories, I wouldn't care about them nearly as much I do now, for example.

I think with Link it's a stranger discussion, since I can see both sides to the argument. Though Link is rarely the same guy in each game, his visuals are so iconic it'd be losing a piece of the series without that. On the other hand, he's such a blank slate usually, that being able to fully customize your Hero character in a Zelda game should be a logical step. From a Link, or Zelda, to a Goron guy, Geurdo chick, Zora, Bird, or even Geurdo dude if you want to get SWOLE like Ganondorf. Still, I also think a Zelda game where you play as Zelda herself is also an option.

Well in this specific iteration she gives off massive tomboy energy

Like it goes beyond her fashion sense and short hair, she just seems much more outgoing and spunky which I think contrasts really well with Clark seemingly being more introverted and clumsy. Love that specific relationship dynamic and it's not just because I want a relationship like that I swear
I feel like that's just the modern, "Twitter meme" approved version of their usual dynamic, since like the 70's or so. Lois was usually an assertive person, and Clark's known for being "Mild Mannered" Which again, in a modernized and marketable setting would probably mean tanned tomboy and farm himbo.

"Kill yourself" - tired, boring, meaningless.

"I hope your favorite game gets taken over by Reddit" - Fresh, threatening, hurts to another level
There's worse fates. Not many, but like 4 I think.

Top Bottom