• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Really though. Can you guys really blame me for being cynical?
I mean... by the time we get movies starring Po's successor (if we get them) we won't be the target audience anymore.

Hell, we ain't the target audeince now. Let the new gen enjoy stuff.
People would however know it follows off of Kung Fu Panda, there'd still be fans of the old movies interested in the new protagonist and his/her movies.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Really though. Can you guys really blame me for being cynical?
Not for being cynical but maybe for overblowing how bad the situation is. You just have to not spend any money on a movie I think will do poorly. It's not that hard.

While we're at it, I find this whole notion of retroactively "ruining" existing works a bit silly, the things you loved before aren't going anywhere.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not for being cynical but maybe for overblowing how bad the situation is. You just have to not spend any money on a movie I think will do poorly. It's not that hard.

While we're at it, I find this whole notion of retroactively "ruining" existing works a bit silly, the things you loved before aren't going anywhere.
I just prefer for some franchises to have a conclusion especially the way they ended. That is all.

Kung Fu Panda was one of them. I give How To Train Your Dragon for having a conclusion at least.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I do think stories should have an ending but it's been almost a decade since the last Kung Fu Panda movie, so I think I trust that DreamWorks has a genuinely interesting story to tell with this one.

Plus if they make it a Last Wish type movie animation wise it could outdo that movie's action scenes since the Kung Fu Panda films already have crazy good action

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But I admit I am willing to give this new trilogy a chance. As said by Jondelio, DreamWorks did give us **** in Boots and there's been a gap since the 3rd Kung Fu Panda film and reportedly they had been working on this new trilogy since 3 so that does leave some promise, so I'm willing to give it benefit of the doubt though I still have some worry. I just hope that'll be it after that.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, if you want to see a series continuing after twenty years and going from amazing to peak fiction, go read the entire six books of the Earthsea Cycle and thank me later.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
ngl, this is probably what half of this thread thinks most of the time I post anything.

But oh well, I was a **** person in the past so I can't blame ya'll
I can't speak for anyone else but I usually only really respond when I have something to say. I don't really have an opinion on any of you guys as people, because last time I did I ended up severely regretting it and I don't want to do it again

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
ngl, this is probably what half of this thread thinks most of the time I post anything.

But oh well, I was a **** person in the past so I can't blame ya'll
Nah dude people appreciate you, you're cool, at most I feel you tag people a bit much but it's clear you're excited about **** and want to talk about it with people you're friends with, absolutely harmless behaivour and it's much better than these continued discussions about the same ****ing argument because the one guy has a fetish for getting yelled at

D

Deleted member

Nah dude people appreciate you, you're cool, at most I feel you tag people a bit much but it's clear you're excited about **** and want to talk about it with people you're friends with, absolutely harmless behaivour and it's much better than these continued discussions about the same ****ing argument because the one guy has a fetish for getting yelled at
Yeah, that is true. I do tag people a lot, I should do It less frequently. And I do appreciate that you find me cool Gwen.

Btw, not upset or anything, but since I've been non-binary for a while already, I don't know if dude is the proper way to refer to me (I'm not completely sure doh, maybe It is normal to refer to everyone as dudes in English).

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly, Star Wars is a franchise that's really suitable for creating a large body of works around - they just need to take some risks and not turn everything into a fest of "do you remember the original trilogy"?
As a big Clone Wars fan I am begging Dave Filoni to stop mashing his action figures together for just one project

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Btw Gundam truly slaps
Yeah, that is true. I do tag people a lot, I should do It less frequently. And I do appreciate that you find me cool Gwen.

Btw, not upset or anything, but since I've been non-binary for a while already, I don't know if dude is the proper way to refer to me (I'm not completely sure doh, maybe It is normal to refer to everyone as dudes in English).
Ah, my apologies, I must have missed that, so congrats!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Dude text

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, almost forgot to share. Today I went out and bought some cool stuff, like these Puma shoes for example:

Quite neat.

I also bought a 128GB sd card for my Switch, which was about time I got one. Here are all the games I am reinstalling right now:

Btw Gundam truly slaps

Ah, my apologies, I must have missed that, so congrats!
Thanks Gwen! And yeah, I shared It some days ago on a post talking about Indiana Jones, didn't want to come off as an attention seeker so I put It under a spoiler tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Can ya'll believe I've had Disney+ ever since It came out in Spain and I am still yet to watch any of the Star Wars original shows in full?

I only saw the Ahsoka episode of Mandalorian, the first three episodes of Boba Fett, the first two episodes of Kenobi and some of the Season 1 episodes of Star Wars Visions.

Need to get into that stuff eventually, I heard Mandalorian and Andor are quite cool.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Can ya'll believe I've had Disney+ ever since It came out in Spain and I am still yet to watch any of the Star Wars original shows in full?

I only saw the Ahsoka episode of Mandalorian, the first three episodes of Boba Fett, the first two episodes of Kenobi and some of the Season 1 episodes of Star Wars Visions.

Need to get into that stuff eventually, I heard Mandalorian and Andor are quite cool.
Have you seen Clone Wars? Both the 2003 and 2008 shows are fantastic

D

Deleted member

Have you seen Clone Wars? Both the 2003 and 2008 shows are fantastic
Yeah, I've seen those although I didn't count them as they aren't really Disney+ originals.

2003 Clone Wars I Saw as a kid and absolutely loved It. It made Grievous my favourite character.

And 2008 Clone Wars is quite cool too, I love Ahsoka as a character, Ventress was a cool villain and I like the dynamic of the clones, Obi Wan and Anakin. Plo Koon also rocked.

D

Deleted member

Tangential but I remember my linguistic instructor talking about how throughout the world, multiple languages are getting increasingly gender-neutral as younger generations use previously gender-restricted forms more liberally in the last decade.
Yeah, in the spanish language for example Young people such as myself are trying to use gendered words with an "e" ending to refer to non-binary people for example.

Like, instead of saying "chico/a", we would say "chique" to refer to a non-binary person.

Top Bottom