• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Fyi Ezra goes by they/them.

Ezra sucks and should be behind bars but lets not get into the habit of misgendering.

though some of y'all been told that multiple times that I'm starting to think it's on purpose
It really sucks that Ezra is the biggest non-cis actor in Hollywood by far. The only other one that's even a little close is Bella Ramsey, but they still pale in comparison to Ezra, who had a leading role in both DC and the HPverse. It's like if the only non-white actor was Bill Cosby.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Im not quite sure what you’re saying here? If your trying to say the justice league characters are staying.

Definitely not. All those actors are gone and it’s been clear for awhile. The characters might still appear in like Superman Legacy or something, but the actors we know aren’t returning at all.

It’s why Gunn won’t outright say this actor is staying or that one’s leaving. He can’t because they still have cameos in the upcoming films and he doesn’t want to hurt their profits.
not saying all Snyder League actors are staying (since Cavill, Afleck, and Fisher are out), but some will stay if they want for sure. That could change overtime of course, since Gunn always makes sure to keep people up to date on whether or not a rumor is true (Gal and Mamoa especially have higher chances in returning due to both movies and their teases).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

not saying all Snyder League actors are staying (since Cavill, Afleck, and Fisher are out), but some will stay if they want for sure. That could change overtime of course, since Gunn always makes sure to keep people up to date on whether or not a rumor is true (Gal and Mamoa especially have higher chances in returning due to both movies and their teases).
Maybe that was once the case but it doesn’t seem like it now.

Considering Gal and Mamoa both just signed up for 3 fast and furious movies. They are very likely never coming back to DC.

Also Gunn said he will stop commenting on things now because he was giving too much away. So he won’t be confirming or denying any other rumors anytime soon.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It really sucks that Ezra is the biggest non-cis actor in Hollywood by far. The only other one that's even a little close is Bella Ramsey, but they still pale in comparison to Ezra, who had a leading role in both DC and the HPverse. It's like if the only non-white actor was Bill Cosby.
There is Elliot Page who did some big projects. Hopefully he can make a dent, he's pretty vocal about owning his identity too.

Outside of him, I can't name any more.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They deadass killed of an entire ****ing movie that was almost finished but thought THIS was theater worthy???

Those ****ers actually hate art and don't even bother hiding it
As far as Batgirl is concerned, I'm pretty sure it was cancelled as a result of the sheer state of disarray that DC's movies were in.

By my understanding, the original plan for the Flash was to remove Henry Cavill's Superman and Ben Affleck's Batman due to whatever changes Barry made to the timeline, which also somehow resulted in Sasha Calle's Supergirl and Michael Keaton's Batman being brought to the main timeline. (Ben Affleck seemed to have lost interest in playing Batman outside of cameos, though I'm not sure why they wanted Henry Cavill out - maybe him being tied to such a divisive series of Superman movies was enough, but they're seemingly keeping Ezra Miller on board despite everything that they've done)

Batgirl was seemingly being made in this context, with a semi-retired Batman and no Batfamily.

Then, the Rock seemingly attempted to take over the DC movie brand, placing himself and Henry Cavill's Superman at the center of it and dedicating not one but two movies (Black Adam and the Super-Pets movie) to set up the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny between Black Adam and Superman. (Shazam was just kind of ignored for whatever reason) This was seemingly dependent on Black Adam being this huge box office success, which it wasn't. (and he also seemingly caused issues with Shazam 2's development on top of that) During this time, it seemed like Ben Affleck's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman were coming back in some capacity - maybe the concept of the Batgirl movie could have worked in that context, but it would presumably require some reshoots. (I don't know how major of a role Batman had in that movie)

However, James Gunn became the co-CEO of DC's movie division, and the portrayal of Batman that he's going for (younger, with the Batfamily present) would have made the premise of Batgirl pretty much impossible.

Hopefully Leslie Grace appears in Batman: The Brave and the Bold as Batgirl (they're bringing in Batfamily members aside from Bruce, Damian, and Alfred - not sure who, but I'm willing to bet money that Nightwing makes an appearance, and I could see them bringing in Batgirl), but honestly, I'm just looking forward to the slate being wiped clean, DC getting a fresh start, and people actually having a plan for DC's movies. (it felt like they were accepting every single idea pitched to them at one point, no matter how ridiculous it might be - I would have loved to see a New Gods movie, but a movie based on The Trench, the ravenous barely-sentient fish-people from Aquaman, was in the works at one point for some baffling reason)

---

I apologize for the rambling history of DC's recent decisions; I really want them to do well (I figure a rising tide lifts all ships, and I want to be more familiar with DC characters outside of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash), and it's frustrating to see them repeatedly screw up some straightforward concepts. (I really wish Henry Cavill got to portray an optimistic/hopeful Superman, but Zack Snyder's default tone seems to be "gritty and edgy" - the theatrical cut of Justice League was the closest that we got. Also, the Flash's first movie being Flashpoint, and it seemingly having no involvement from Reverse Flash, seems like an odd choice)

(EDIT: I might have the timing wrong; Batgirl was cancelled in August 2022, while Black Adam released/underperformed in October 2022. Maybe by that point, WB was already assuming that it would be a huge success and that Ben Affleck would be back as Batman?)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe that was once the case but it doesn’t seem like it now.

Considering Gal and Mamoa both just signed up for 3 fast and furious movies. They are very likely never coming back to DC.

Also Gunn said he will stop commenting on things now because he was giving too much away. So he won’t be confirming or denying any other rumors anytime soon.
well oof to relying on Gunn for stuff now…really liked being spoiled a bit

and as for the Fast 11-12 stuff, it’ll likely affect extremely little based on other actors who partook in both
As far as Batgirl is concerned, I'm pretty sure it was cancelled as a result of the sheer state of disarray that DC's movies were in.

By my understanding, the original plan for the Flash was to remove Henry Cavill's Superman and Ben Affleck's Batman due to whatever changes Barry made to the timeline, which also somehow resulted in Sasha Calle's Supergirl and Michael Keaton's Batman being brought to the main timeline. (Ben Affleck seemed to have lost interest in playing Batman outside of cameos, though I'm not sure why they wanted Henry Cavill out - maybe him being tied to such a divisive series of Superman movies was enough, but they're seemingly keeping Ezra Miller on board despite everything that they've done)

Batgirl was seemingly being made in this context, with a semi-retired Batman and no Batfamily.

Then, the Rock seemingly attempted to take over the DC movie brand, placing himself and Henry Cavill's Superman at the center of it and dedicating not one but two movies (Black Adam and the Super-Pets movie) to set up the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny between Black Adam and Superman. (Shazam was just kind of ignored for whatever reason) This was seemingly dependent on Black Adam being this huge box office success, which it wasn't. (and he also seemingly caused issues with Shazam 2's development on top of that) During this time, it seemed like Ben Affleck's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman were coming back in some capacity - maybe the concept of the Batgirl movie could have worked in that context, but it would presumably require some reshoots. (I don't know how major of a role Batman had in that movie)

However, James Gunn became the co-CEO of DC's movie division, and the portrayal of Batman that he's going for (younger, with the Batfamily present) would have made the premise of Batgirl pretty much impossible.

Hopefully Leslie Grace appears in Batman: The Brave and the Bold as Batgirl (they're bringing in Batfamily members aside from Bruce, Damian, and Alfred - not sure who, but I'm willing to bet money that Nightwing makes an appearance, and I could see them bringing in Batgirl), but honestly, I'm just looking forward to the slate being wiped clean, DC getting a fresh start, and people actually having a plan for DC's movies. (it felt like they were accepting every single idea pitched to them at one point, no matter how ridiculous it might be - I would have loved to see a New Gods movie, but a movie based on The Trench, the ravenous barely-sentient fish-people from Aquaman, was in the works at one point for some baffling reason)

---

I apologize for the rambling history of DC's recent decisions; I really want them to do well (I figure a rising tide lifts all ships, and I want to be more familiar with DC characters outside of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash), and it's frustrating to see them repeatedly screw up some straightforward concepts. (I really wish Henry Cavill got to portray an optimistic/hopeful Superman, but Zack Snyder's default tone seems to be "gritty and edgy" - the theatrical cut of Justice League was the closest that we got. Also, the Flash's first movie being Flashpoint, and it seemingly having no involvement from Reverse Flash, seems like an odd choice)

(EDIT: I might have the timing wrong; Batgirl was cancelled in August 2022, while Black Adam released/underperformed in October 2022. Maybe by that point, WB was already assuming that it would be a huge success and that Ben Affleck would be back as Batman?)
The Rock really did change the hierarchy of power

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The background to one of my drawings that I think is nice enough on it's own.

This was for the Daisy drawing, but the BG was probably my favorite part of the work.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sony had a show right before the Summer of Games, so I'm guessing the main thing we're waiting for is Nintendo? Capcom, Ubisoft, X-Box, Wholesome Direct and Devolver Digital already had their go, on top of Dewrito Man himself having his main show. I don't know if Namco and Konami are doing separate things. I doubt Sega is, cause what else could they show after 2 Yazuka games, 2 Personas, Company of Heroes AND Sonic? I doubt they got SoR5 cooking already, and the VF6 stuff I think is still rumors.

Activision Apology Hour maybe?

Speaking of Ubisoft, didn't the Philippine Government help pay for Skull and Bones? And if that's the case, aren't they legally bound to release that game and NOT cancel it? It might not be the Philippines exactly, but I think some Asian country that wasn't the usual video game suspects was involved in funding.

21 years old isn't old at all but thinking about it, you gotta be 13 to make a social media account and these 13 year olds didn't grow up with a DS and would be 2 when the 3DS came out. In fact, their first Nintendo handheld would probably be the...

Nintendo Switch oh my God.
That sounds completely understable and reasonable. But those Zoomers don't appreciate Tekken 5 or Mario Kart DS so I choose to simply not respect their viewpoint or perspective.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This might be the cutest marketing stunt I've seen, I love it.
I’m hoping that with each full moon, we get to hear how the new cast sounds (and maybe a little bit of how the Tartarus rework is)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So how's everyone enjoying the summer so far?

I'm doing well for first time in a few years without working (except online classes to teach)

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not old yet, goddamnit.

View attachment 373306

I'M NOT OLD
21 years old isn't old at all but thinking about it, you gotta be 13 to make a social media account and these 13 year olds didn't grow up with a DS and would be 2 when the 3DS came out. In fact, their first Nintendo handheld would probably be the...

Welcome to my daily existence.

It doesn't get easier.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hasn't like, every Paid Hero also been disgustingly OP aside from like, one of them?
This is a really late response on my part, but from what I can gather, the first three new Heroes were largely considered divisive at best, and IIRC Junker Queen was considered the most broken out of all of them.

The game only introduced three new Heroes, and heavily modified many others in ways that affected their stats, the general meta, and even the Heroes' own playstyles to extreme degrees. Add on the fact that none of the three new Heroes themselves were well-balanced, either, and Overwatch 2 really wasn't off to a good start.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do a flip
If i see another one, my body may do a flip

Im prettu sure my first nintendo hand held was a GBA. The blue brick one.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
seems that Secret Invasion is getting an overwhelming amount of positive reviews (saying it’s the MCU equivalent to Andor)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
John Romita Sr. Passed away.

If you don't the name, you know the art, he's one of the most iconic Marvel Artists of all time. He helped to flesh out Spider-Man's Aesthetic. And he created characters like the Kingpin.
This is still one of the best pages in all of comics no question

He was an absolute legend and will be missed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
John Romita Sr. Passed away.

If you don't the name, you know the art, he's one of the most iconic Marvel Artists of all time. He helped to flesh out Spider-Man's Aesthetic. And he created characters like the Kingpin.
a legend forever

Top Bottom