• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
d3? camp the **** out of him, camp camp camp, aproaching is for pussys.
also he cant shield grab a contact mortar slide (although no doubt he could grab you out of your DA at the start if he times it right, but that'd only be if you overuse it so much that he predicts the **** out of you)

always get back to the stage from above, never low or even middle or anywhere near the ledge, or else you'll get gimped, its much better, when low, to back off and c4 yourself up high then come in from the top.
30% damage is better then losing a stock.

as for killing, your just gonna have to save that utilt, or if your feeling extra cheeky, you can try sticking him, and forcing him to recover with up-b, then just set it off at the peak of his up-b.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
d3? camp the **** out of him, camp camp camp, aproaching is for pussys.
also he cant shield grab a contact mortar slide (although no doubt he could grab you out of your DA at the start if he times it right, but that'd only be if you overuse it so much that he predicts the **** out of you)

always get back to the stage from above, never low or even middle or anywhere near the ledge, or else you'll get gimped, its much better, when low, to back off and c4 yourself up high then come in from the top.
30% damage is better then losing a stock.

as for killing, your just gonna have to save that utilt, or if your feeling extra cheeky, you can try sticking him, and forcing him to recover with up-b, then just set it off at the peak of his up-b.
Agree for most part, cept my playing partner mains Dedede and he can shield grab me out of contact mortal relatively consistently. And contact mortar isnt that great when Dedede is at low-mid damage, as he can DI towards where you're going, bair the mortal and FF it to hit you in ending lag, then poss leading that into a grab.

And if you force him to up-b you might as well kill him with an uair rather then trying to sticky and risk getting sat on.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
true yume, but that wouldnt be cheeky would it, plus if you pulled one of those off, it should frustrate him into playing more aggresive/hasily which is great for making him slip up into all sorts of fun traps and explosives.

also I'm suprised he can grab the contact, but then again it is dedede, how frustrating eh?

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's not a DDD thing, a lot of characters(everyone?) can shield grab contact DACUS

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey guys, can Snake do anything to MK's horrible air release except Dash atk. and DACUS?

Also,
Which is "safer" to do to MK' air release Dash atk or DACUS? (My guess is DACUS).
Dthrow.

Unless he is at 150% in which case dash attack.

Dash attack always when grab release.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
I have trouble against any character with a good grab game. Kirby, D3, Yoshi, IC. Can anyone tell me the art of not getting grabbed or just playing more efficiently?

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Guys, i somehow cyphered twice. I didn't even get hit, i just airdodged and then cyphered again. I'll post a video again later since it was kinda odd.

If this helps or anything, before I airdodged, I was hit by a weak n-air from meta knight (not enough to knock me off). I airdodged (while still holding on the cypher after getting hit) and then cyphered again. @__@

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
got any tips for b reversing nades on snake? hes like the one i have trouble b reversing nades with

its like I JUMP AND NOTHING HAPPENDS

etecoon

Smash Hero
practice pretty much. any tech thing you have difficulty with just go into training mode and do it over and over and over again until it comes naturally

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
How do I SDI out of ROB DSmash? I'm a little unclear on what direction to smash and which stick to use.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hold the control stick up and mash the c-stick up and to the side.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Is there any universal method to know which direction to mash in multi-hit moves like Pikachu Dsmash, Zelda Fsmash, *Tornado*?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Away on zelda fsmash. Hold up on pikachu's dsmash. Tornado hold up and mash the c stick up.

napZzz

Smash Hero
oh I'm trying to beat snakes with dk. lol
get him the air somehow and try to keep him there by reading whatever he does. Be smart close range and dont fall for his traps, spacing tilts will really help you in this matchup because (I THINK?) yours can outrange snakes. I'm not sure, its more of a guessing game overall.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Is he your partner or are you the snake? Make sure to control your nades more. Also, teach your partner nade games :)

It's called edgehugging. I know how to do it but it's kind of hard to explain. (Even though it's simple, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom