• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Sinz thats wrong. Snake can only do it by running off the stage then quickly tap down on the control stick.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
That's how I always do it =/

The video thread comes after midterms next week.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I do it the way sinz posted, smash to the side then rotate the stick the other way quickly

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Well... I never got that method to work with Snake when I first tried it, so thats when I switched to tapping down and as far as i can tell it works for everyone \(o_O)/

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Your method obviously does work, but i think for someone who was first starting out, the method Sinz posted was maybe a bit safer to teach to noobs.

If you hold down for too long, the would just fast fall and not grab the edge and then sd, or put themselves in a bad recovery position.

Your method obviously does work, but i think for someone who was first starting out, the method Sinz posted was maybe a bit safer to teach to noobs.

If you hold down for too long, the would just fast fall and not grab the edge and then sd, or put themselves in a bad recovery position.
I have sort of noticed that with hugging with snake. If I try to hug by simply dashing from the other side of the stage and fun off, I end up fastfalling. However, if I fall offstage turning the beginning dash animation I can hug it :dizzy: Now you are all going to make me try to get this down now <_<

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I was wondering about explosives and stale moves.

If two grenades blow each other up, does that contribute towards stale moves? what about grenades blown up by claymore or C4?

Lucario1337

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to approach a mk in mach tornado in the air without a nade?

And is there anyway to recover when stuck under the anvil ledge in chyper snake allways seems to place the c4 on stage.
Oh and what are the chances of the first hit of f-tilt tripping?

what are the best attacks to momentum cancel with?

@BladeWise: This is correct. Mine, grenades and C4 will stale each other and oddly renew each other as well. Although, it seems very little the decay they experience.

@Lucario: There are no real ways for snake to beat out Tornado in the air. You have to either hit MK before he really starts gaining priority in it, or simply come in from above him with either airdodge or an attack to hit him on the top.

My own question now. Can anyone land on the stage facing backwards having plucked a grenade when hanging from the ledge? I have only ever done this a few times by mistake and was hoping for a better explaniation of if I am doing a simple wavebounce, or doing a B-reversal into a wavebounced grenade. I think either way works, but simply wavebouncing requires influenceal DI to move snake onstage after it happens.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Lucario:

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be momentum canceling with UpAir.

And to make sure, I'm reading this right (I just woke up, lol) when you are recovering under some stages, you stick the c4 on the side of the stage unintentionally, and die?

If you hit your joystick in the red circle (right between the bottom notch, and notches to either side of it) that is OPPOSITE of the way you are facing, Snake will turn around and drop the c4 mid-air.

As for the ftilt tripping thing, I really don't know.

.decoy

Smash Ace
My own question now. Can anyone land on the stage facing backwards having plucked a grenade when hanging from the ledge? I have only ever done this a few times by mistake and was hoping for a better explaniation of if I am doing a simple wavebounce, or doing a B-reversal into a wavebounced grenade. I think either way works, but simply wavebouncing requires influenceal DI to move snake onstage after it happens.
how i do it is press down while hanging from the ledge, then jumping and di'ing towards the stage. after i have sufficient forward momentum i press whichever direction is snake's back and then b. i think we call this a breversal, that is, a change of direction with no shift in momentum.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
ftilt doesn't actually have a chance of tripping. The inner hitbox of ftilt trips if it hit them at the Sakurai angle (361 I believe). That will cause them to trip.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Is there a way to approach a mk in mach tornado in the air without a nade?

And is there anyway to recover when stuck under the anvil ledge in chyper snake allways seems to place the c4 on stage.
Oh and what are the chances of the first hit of f-tilt tripping?

what are the best attacks to momentum cancel with?
if you space your Bair correctly you can go hit him if you are coming from above.

Just b reverse it. :)

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6161850&postcount=61

200/1453 or 13.7646%

Airdodge if you are hit horizontally, bair if vertically.

Yes, you can. You simply drop down then jump up normally. Hit the opposite way on the control stick then hit b. You will pull the grenade out "backwards"

etecoon

Smash Hero
ftilt doesn't actually have a chance of tripping. The inner hitbox of ftilt trips if it hit them at the Sakurai angle (361 I believe). That will cause them to trip.
so if you space perfectly you can trip them every time

hahahahahaha barwl

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I have no idea how to hit them so they go towards Sakurai Angle. You'll have to ask Eternal Yoshi since he's the one with all the .pac knowledge.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I doubt it's actually possible to get it every time, and if the spacing requires you to be really close that's impractical not only because it wrecks your zoning but also because a lot of characters can get behind snake before ftilt 2 without even really SDIing it when hit that close, just by holding forward lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
it was during the startup of it, tornado gains priority over time. dash attack/dacus normally loses to tornado but a lot of things will beat it on startup

etecoon

Smash Hero
tested it again, I was actually wrong on dash attack outright losing to it, you can clank with it, but the later part of tornado doesn't get broken, it just cancels both attacks

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Here's something interesting, if you use "the arms" of the very begining of DACUS look what happens. (I mean I already sorta knew this)

:13-:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hPlB9kayM
?

all I'm seeing is a contact dacus?
DACUS cut through MK Nado. (At least if you use "the invincibility" of the arms during DA).

Look again and pause it RIGHT on :14.
it was during the startup of it, tornado gains priority over time. dash attack/dacus normally loses to tornado but a lot of things will beat it on startup
You sure?
During DA Snakes arms are invincible. Look....at 2:12.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpn8X9uhKIM
tested it again, I was actually wrong on dash attack outright losing to it, you can clank with it, but the later part of tornado doesn't get broken, it just cancels both attacks

Okay that's helpful...against nado....
But that mean you'd have to use that "exact part" of Nado to do it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was that at 1:39? (He jump after using cypher)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58eZsced_8Y

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Okay that's helpful...against nado....
But that mean you'd have to use that "exact part" of Nado to do it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was that at 1:39? (He jump after using cypher)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58eZsced_8Y
It was a footstool.

in response to the nado question. Etecoon is absolutely correct. DA doesn't beat it when it has fully started. It can clank if you hit the exact right hitbox. If you don't hit it, well then I guess you lose to nado. A better choice (since you have time to da apparently just do a normal anti nado tactic. (reverse nade, utilt, crouch)

BladeWise

Smash Lord
From playing excessive amounts of Duelist, I've noticed that the % damage does not decrease from 17.5% from asploding yourself.

Does hitting yourself not count towards stale moves? (Weird, I know)

etecoon

Smash Hero
supposedly EVERY character can pivot grab MK out of tornado but the timing for it is strict and probably more trouble than it's worth, realistically the window for it is too small and is too risky if you can prevent getting hit another way

etecoon

Smash Hero
I hadn't heard that but I do remember a topic from tactical board saying that in general people can shield grab MK out of tornado if you time it just right, like pivot grabbing I'd say it's probably more risk than it's worth unless it is guaranteed out of PS

if you crouch > shield while he tornado's above you you automatically powershield it though...but most of the time his hurtbox will be above your grab range so it's not really useable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom