• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Take control of their bananas. Keep the bananas separated if you can, so you don't end up getting banana locked. Diddy can't kill at all if you can DI.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Take control of their bananas. Keep the bananas separated if you can, so you don't end up getting banana locked. Diddy can't kill at all if you can DI.
This. DI really helps, A LOT. In my opinion, this matchup is all about controlling the banana's and utilizing your grenades, and utilizing the offensive C4. Also, be smart about landing on to the stage.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master

Flayl

Smash Hero
Inui brought up multiple times that Snakes dthrow tech chase destroys Olimar. Since Sakurai made Bowser bad at several areas for no good reason, one of them being roll frames, does Snake's dthrow tech-chase destroy Bowser too?

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
what guaranteed move should you do when the first the first hit of ftilt makes him trip

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
They really are a **** team. You have to really really know how to work together though, otherwise you'll get *****.

Speaking of which, i'm teaming with a diddy this saturday at a tourney, and we're taking first :D

Wish me luck. I haven't been to any tourneys in Utah for almost three months now (cause they didn't have any :( )
yeah me and my bro always take doubles when we use this team, im completely comfortable with bananas, and hes cool with explosions. although i barely use nades in teams... and we're working on c4 sticky set ups now too, cause diddy's dash attack, usmash and pummel almost always pass it over, then i just blow them up in hitstun. lol owned.

@ people struggling against diddy: learn to use bananas. thats it. when you grab one, dont just through it, run around a little, mix it up, and aim to get him from above. that way when we trips, you get a free ftilt/utilt/grab. fsmash doesnt work though :'(

and a question: what percentage am i safe from pikachu's dthrow cg at? is there a cutoff?

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
That's a snake vs mk match, not a gw match =/

But uair to punish attempted tornado kill, me like.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hi everybody! My name is LDPK, and I am visiting with a small present for anyone interested:

I was wondering if you guys could make use of this new AT with pikachu? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Ness and Mario) and am going to advance the technique in the future. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Maybe you could stick pika with a C4, switch the C4 onto you when you pass, and detonate it next to a recovering opponent for a morale-shattering finish? lol. What do you guys think? Too situational, or can you we make epic stuff happen? Thanks for the time. Peace.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
if me and zajice ever team up in a doubles tournament again we might try that. @@
it looks fun.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saw that thing quite awhile ago and I've been trying to figure out a good use since Snake is probably Pikachu's best partner, in my opinion. The only problem is that Snake is better at edge guarding than going offstage. I guess the best uses would be a surprise f-air to the face or maybe a n-air.

I'm liking the C4 stick idea though. Snake runs at Pikachu and does this to C4 stick Pikachu, then Pikachu goes offstage if thunder didn't hit. Snake can stay and do his fancy edge guarding. If thunder doesn't hit, they now have to deal with Pikachu chasing after them stuck with C4 and then try and get passed Snake.

I guess that's the best use.

I think other characters can use the trick far better than Snake can. Doesn't change my position on Snake being Pikachu's best team mate though.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If they were in the right spot to be baired, they'd probably have already gotten hit by thunder.

Tub

Smash Apprentice
@ SuSa:
I've been coming up with quite a few ideas, but they always seem to end rather quickly in failure. I have no idea why I didn't put you in that group to begin with, but I'm sure you can give us plenty of fresh ideas to test :)

so many pikachu's came to the board, but none answered it...
Check the pikachu boards for there CG thread for complete info. But I believe that pikachu has one that goes up to roughly 80%, but pretty odd in how it works. It can be done in a couple of methods. Each of which can be started before 30%. So just avoid a grab before 30% and the CG percents will be down to a minimum.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Check the pikachu boards for there CG thread for complete info. But I believe that pikachu has one that goes up to roughly 80%, but pretty odd in how it works. It can be done in a couple of methods. Each of which can be started before 30%. So just avoid a grab before 30% and the CG percents will be down to a minimum.
yeah he can fthrow you til the end of the stage until about 60%, so theres not much you can do about it... but the dthrow is the real killer. it seems to start around 25%, and you get thrown til 90%, and even then, you need to use a nade to get out (more damage). but if you reckon it needs to start before 30% thats not too bad (ill just camp that long), ill just have to keep my eye out if its stale at all.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Mmmm, that thread doesn't take recovery frames into account, just distances.

Another question, can Snake pull a nade while DI'ing firebreath, and if he can, what happens when he gets hit by flames right after?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well olimar is 5/9 and bowser is 7/9 so to answer your question, bowser is 2 ninths harder to chase then olimar ;)

The grenade will simply detonate once it leaves Snake's grip and is hit by the attack. Since a grenade is techically pulled by frame 1, all you have to do is manage to DI to a spot where the flames won't cause hitstun and Snake can pull that grenade.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Mmmm, that thread doesn't take recovery frames into account, just distances.

Another question, can Snake pull a nade while DI'ing firebreath, and if he can, what happens when he gets hit by flames right after?
If you had read the entire thread, rolls differ by no more then 6 frames by speed. I'll be working on getup attacks sometime soon.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The grenade will simply detonate once it leaves Snake's grip and is hit by the attack. Since a grenade is techically pulled by frame 1, all you have to do is manage to DI to a spot where the flames won't cause hitstun and Snake can pull that grenade.
Thanks. I wonder what the minimum distance is for the grenade to detonate without injuring Bowser.

SuSa: My guess is Bowser is on the bad end of those 6 frames, how does that affect him?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Does anyone know if each hit of Snake's dair (if it connects) counts towards to 9 move decay stack?

In other words, if your previous 9 moves look like:
most recent > least recent
jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, utilt, utilt, utilt

Then you dair and hit with all four hits of dair, it will look like:
most recent > least recent
dair, dair, dair, dair, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab

And utilt will be fully refreshed.

---

I might be an idiot and wrong about this, but I swear I tested it a while back and remember it working. Anyone confirm? If it turns out I'm wrong then w/e, but if I'm right... I'll be using this to my advantage in Duelist tournaments.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Almost certain you are incorrect. Multi-hit moves don't stack unless there is a certain amount of time between. (Pummels count as 1 unless you pause for like 7 frames between them IIRC)
I thought it had to be separate inputs anyway? for instance something like MK's fair or tornado is one but snake's ftilt is two?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@SuSa: I agree. But I think it's special for snake or something.

I know that on Green Greens G&W can UpB through all of the blocks and reset his entire decay (if he hits 9 blocks that is). It's super cheap.

Tennet

Smash Champion
@SuSa: I agree. But I think it's special for snake or something.

I know that on Green Greens G&W can UpB through all of the blocks and reset his entire decay (if he hits 9 blocks that is). It's super cheap.
"He's a supa cheap! supa cheap! he's supa cheapy!"

sorry had a moment of song and dance...

If i had a brawl disc i would go test all the decay stuff with snake but unfortunately i can't right now

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
That is hitting 9 individual blocks, creating 9 slots in stale move decay.

If you hit 1 block multiple times (impossible) it'd only count as 1.
Then if you hit two people with a utilt does it decay twice? I was under the impression that something like that would only decay once.

PK Slap

Smash Cadet
How do you use Butterfly shaped charges?

I've seen them but when I'm snake I can never use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom