• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Oh and also, I've seen Ally do this in a few videos on youtube. He somehow dropped and activated two C4s together. How is this possible? I tried search for it in guides but I couldn't find it.
he used hax?

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
Push L or R to cancel the nikita.

You can't drop two c4s.. You must've mistaken a grenade or a mine or something for the second c4.
Yeah I think he musta somehow timed the C4 with the explosion of a grenade... Somehow.. He's done it in a few matches though so it's kinda weird. :/

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Or he blew up the grenade with the C4 :laugh:

Unless they weren't together, then it just happened that they both went off at the same time.. Which isn't too hard since grenades only last three seconds.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I know you guys were just talking about falco's camping with SHDL etc. but i was wondering, and currently having this probelm vs falcos, what does/can snake do vs a falco when falco has the lead.

If you try to approach with powershield lasers or something you get grabbed.
If you manage to get close enough to attack, falco spot dodges or power shields to grab.
Off stage or in air i am getting fu****.
Crouch the lasers he runs up and shields a dtilt, DACUS, or anything.
GRRRR:mad:

Given all of this stuff that is happening is vs Kismet2 (One of the best Falco's in the country)
but i still really need to learn the match up :/. Any advice?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You crouch. Memorize mortar range for Dacus, when he SH's right at the apex of his jump - DACUS from crouch.

If he IAP's to you, powershield it then reverse ftilt.

If he just runs up to you, ftilt once. Shield. Shieldgrab. Grab release **** to edge. Dthrow.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I'm curious. Why is FTilt1> Grab so bad?
I know it's bad and I don't do it at all; I just want to know why it's bad.

TEECO

Smash Ace
After D throwing an opponent, they have some options:
-Stay still
-Get up
-Get up attack
-Roll back
-Roll forward

Some opponents can only be grabbed by using a boost grab when they roll forward.
What characters are these?

I know that Snake is one of them, but what about the others?

SuSa

From all of my Snake ditto experience, I have never been able to regrab him if they buffer a forward roll away.

Look at our dthrow topic. Anyone with a "far" roll probably needs to be boost grabbed.

Link for you:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235804

Data from bottom in case your too lazy:
Very Far:
Snake

Far:
Link
Zelda
Ganon
Ivysaur
Lucario
Falco
Wolf
Marth
Ike
Zero Suit Samus

TEECO

Smash Ace
Thank you kindly.

TonyTheTiger (radiX), and I have snake dittos almost every smashfest and he has grabbed me when I buffered the roll forward. Vice versa.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've been able to grab people on roll away but I always assumed it was because they were responding improperly afterward, I don't think I've been grabbed on roll away in ditto's for a long time unless I seriously get mindgamed into some weird **** or something, but never like "you can't escape this".

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It won't work every time cause the tornado is just that gay, but generally it should work most of the time if you're tapping up fast enough. (Sometimes you can even get out by simply holding up, but it's not nearly as reliable >_>)

It is a good strategy to use. It makes you less predictable in the air and where you will be heading. Plus, you get a grenade or C4 out earlier. That's always a nice perk!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I need to ask a couple of questions.

1. The grenade is a projectile and an explosive, so do they both have different tallies in the moveset decay or are they both considered just 1 tally regardless if both connecting? I'd assume it would be two but I'm just curious.

2. If another character happens to catch a grenade, and throw it back at you, does that refresh Snake's moveset list or the opponents?

3. If said opponent were to connect with said Grenade in question, how powerful is it. To put it another way, is it still affected by Snake's moveset decay seeing as how it was originally his or does it have power according to the other character (if it's the ladder, then I can just assume the Grenade would rarely get past two decays, 4 if the two hits connect, you can find out why this would be the case in real combat)?

Please read the questions thoroughly and provide a nice detailed explanation, I'm trying to work on a guide (in progress) concerning Sonic's moveset decay and Misc., this would fall under Misc.

Many thanks in advance.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
1 that was the question I asked in the social thread XD

2 Pretty sure the grenade is still considered Snake's instead of the opponents, and refreshes Snake's moves. This brings up another question though, can you refresh your own moves by blowing yourself up??

3 Same as two, I'm pretty sure the grenade is still Snake's and would be in accordance to his decay. I think I'll test it out when I'm back from vacation if no one has done it yet.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I know Snake's momentum cancelling is pretty complicated, I feel like I only kinda of know to do it.

So what is the best way to momentum cancel with Snake?

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
someone answer yumewomiteru's Q and i have one too

which way should i be DI'ing when im in falcos CG? and whats the max percent of snake being CG'd at its best DI?

Vertical Knockback = Aerial and FF. Aerial allows you to regain control of Snake during hitstun. Then the Aerial can be FFen. It doesn't matter which aerial you use, so long as you FF it (press down on the control stick) as soon as possible. But since the duration of some aerials last too long, such as Dair, you can sometimes be hit during the animation of the Aerial. So it's best to use the fastest aerial. Which is his Bair.

Horizontal Knockback is different. Since the FF doesn't effect the horizontal knockback you recieve, you don't have to worry about FFing anymore. But you do still have to do something to regain your control over snake in order to do anything. So in this case it's best to use the fastest thing available to you, which is Airdodge. Snake's Airdodge is faster than his fastest aerial by 3 frames. After that, it's best to jump and move yourself in the air towards the stage, this allows you to reduce more knockback, but can kill you if you jump and it places you off the top of the screen. But since the airdodge isn't really that much of a difference from the Bair, it is probably ok to use the Bair for both kinds of knockback.

Short short version
Vertical knockback = FF Bair
Horizontal Knockback = Bair > Jump

@Pimp: I'm not sure of that question entirely, but I am fairly certain that you cannot DI the CG at low percents (below ~50%) to make enough of a difference to escape the CG. At higher percents past 50% it can be DIed I believe. But if I recall, it's 45% is the max before the Dthrow will no longer work into a regrab. So at that percent most Falco's should be performing another move, typically the spike. Once past the CG percent range you can get decent influence in the DI. Which I think is either up or down. But I have check up on it again.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I thought when you are hit horizontally you airdodge? >___<

@Pimp, you do know that you can tech the spike on the CG, right? You are able to SDI towards the ledge and tech or auto grab it. Also, at higher percents, DI up, and away,

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Vertical Knockback = Aerial and FF. Aerial allows you to regain control of Snake during hitstun. Then the Aerial can be FFen. It doesn't matter which aerial you use, so long as you FF it (press down on the control stick) as soon as possible. But since the duration of some aerials last too long, such as Dair, you can sometimes be hit during the animation of the Aerial. So it's best to use the fastest aerial. Which is his Bair.

Horizontal Knockback is different. Since the FF doesn't effect the horizontal knockback you recieve, you don't have to worry about FFing anymore. But you do still have to do something to regain your control over snake in order to do anything. So in this case it's best to use the fastest thing available to you, which is Airdodge. Snake's Airdodge is faster than his fastest aerial by 3 frames. After that, it's best to jump and move yourself in the air towards the stage, this allows you to reduce more knockback, but can kill you if you jump and it places you off the top of the screen. But since the airdodge isn't really that much of a difference from the Bair, it is probably ok to use the Bair for both kinds of knockback.

Short short version
Vertical knockback = FF Bair
Horizontal Knockback = Bair > Jump
Technically, FF Dair > FF Bair because the FF comes out faster due to the 3 frame startup of the Dair rather than the 6 frame startup of the Bair. Although, the difference is only 3 frames so it may be better to Bair just so you can execute more options before landing.

Also, the Bair for horizontal knockback is far superior to the airdodge because aerials regain aerial control (meaning moving left and right in the air) whereas airdodges do not.

SuSa

Technically, FF Dair > FF Bair because the FF comes out faster due to the 3 frame startup of the Dair rather than the 6 frame startup of the Bair. Although, the difference is only 3 frames so it may be better to Bair just so you can execute more options before landing.

Also, the Bair for horizontal knockback is far superior to the airdodge because aerials regain aerial control (meaning moving left and right in the air) whereas airdodges do not.
Of all people, I'd have thuoght you'd have known better.

STARTUP DOES NOT MATTER

You can fastfall as soon as frame 1 for any aerial. You want the aerial that ends the soonest however so that you can gain control of your horizontal control quicker. Which is why we use bair.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
1 that was the question I asked in the social thread XD

3 Same as two, I'm pretty sure the grenade is still Snake's and would be in accordance to his decay. I think I'll test it out when I'm back from vacation if no one has done it yet.
1. Okay then, but that thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up, if I can just get a C&P that would be nice. :X

3. Let me know any way you can when you get back to it? It's really important I get the right information for what I'm doing.

C4 stuck on the stage will fly off of it. But a C4 that is falling during the switch may end up landing on the stage when it flips around. A mine that was on the stage during the flip will fly off too and explode when it hits something, or will just go right over the edge of the stage.

wats with the hamtaro avis?

and can someone tell me how to play against pit?
Which kind of pit? Spammy pit, gay pit, or all-around pit?

Gay pit is the edge camping one. Spammy pits are your camping pits (on stage). And all-around are ones that are just that. They do a bit of everything.

No idea with the hamtaro stuff. Some sort of cult I think. Ask Zajice.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
1.) I've seen some vids of snake regrabbing opponents when he d-throws them on the ledge, is that a true chaingrab or can they escape it by moving away?

2.) Which characters can be jab -> regrab after a d-throw if they just lie there after a d-throw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom