• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RATED

Smash Lord
where to SDI and TDI as Snake against Peach's dair "combos"? since peachs tends to move forward or stay in the same place while doing them ,so I been thinking of SDI to her back but her bair may get me. so I been wondering if I could SDI back and down so that I could tech. what do u guys think where I should?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I dont think u can tech it since it doesnt put u in a tumble animation RATED. Just do what I do and SDI to the back and up like this \ Quarter circle helps give u that extra "push" so that she cant follow it up with bair.

PS- Looking for ways to beat zero? ROFL.

RATED

Smash Lord
I dont think u can tech it since it doesnt put u in a tumble animation RATED. Just do what I do and SDI to the back and up like this \ Quarter circle helps give u that extra "push" so that she cant follow it up with bair.

PS- Looking for ways to beat zero? ROFL.
stop stalking me on SWF , first on ddd boards now here? I am joking,

thanks, and yeah ur "PS" is true XD .

IxxI

Smash Fence
Have to play some decent Warios tommorow. When I get a grab, use DThrow when I'm near the edge, grab release>UTilt for giving damage when I'm in the middle of the stage , and grab release>UAir for KO'ing.

Right? Or does someone else have better ideas?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Those are pretty good. But if the wario's good, he's not going to be getting grabbed too much, so it doesn't matter that much.

You could always grab release to sticky ;) You'll get uaired, but it's worth it XD

IxxI

Smash Fence
Those are pretty good. But if the wario's good, he's not going to be getting grabbed too much, so it doesn't matter that much.

You could always grab release to sticky ;) You'll get uaired, but it's worth it XD
Lol you're right. I should change that "When I get a grab..." phrase to "IF I get a grab...". XD

I was thinking of doing the grab release sticky if I have a percent lead like 50+, or if I can tell that the Wario isn't that good. Yes, it's worth all the awesome points in the world.

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
Hey, with grenade reversal, you end up going in the opposite direction with the momentum spiking? For some reason, I "reverse" in the same direction and get a slight jump in momentum.

?_?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey, with grenade reversal, you end up going in the opposite direction with the momentum spiking? For some reason, I "reverse" in the same direction and get a slight jump in momentum.

?_?
I'm confused at what you're trying to say... When you reverse it, it switches your momentum in the opposite direction, but with the same horizontal speed as you were going before you reversed it.

And to reverse it, you are always going to be hitting the joy stick in the direction of snake's back. (which isn't necessarilly going to be the opposite of the direction you're currently moving... So like if you jump backwards, you'll still hit towards snake's back, even though it isn't the direction you're trying to reverse to. Kind of confusing at first, until you get the hang of it all.)

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused at what you're trying to say... When you reverse it, it switches your momentum in the opposite direction, but with the same horizontal speed as you were going before you reversed it.

And to reverse it, you are always going to be hitting the joy stick in the direction of snake's back. (which isn't necessarilly going to be the opposite of the direction you're currently moving... So like if you jump backwards, you'll still hit towards snake's back, even though it isn't the direction you're trying to reverse to. Kind of confusing at first, until you get the hang of it all.)
Sorry, but it's rather hard to explain. It's sort of like I b-reversal along with momentum reversal at the same time?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Oh, that's what you meant by b reverse. I just figured you meant the b sticking type of b reverse.

And copacetic, that snake got footstooled right as he started his cypher. Around :02-03 you see the kirby fly up right as he's doing his dair. The hieght on that jump was way too high to be a normal jump. Snake gets his up-b back if he gets footstooled.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You can SDI out of the nair and then snake get punished in the lag.. Marth can also up b inbetween hits of the nair. Ftilt is a better option.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I'm having a hell of a time vs Marth's. Can I have some advice? I know the basics...

Never jab-> F-tilt just F-tilt (or you'll eat an Up-B)

Don't try to grab off of F-airs or you'll eat a tipped F-smash

Dash attack works wonders

Grenades grenades grenades

Try to read his dancing blade mixups

You're screwed on the ledge.

Marth just has too many mixups and you have to basically fight completely on reaction, which I hate.

I still seem to get eaten by Marth's though.. halp!

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
When a DDD sidesteps right next to you, are these options viable?

1) AAA (I don't know if DDD can shield the entire thing)
2) D-Air (Usually the last two hits get him)

Sorry for asking, I don't have a wii.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
1) Yes, if you hold A snake will just continuously do the 1st jab until he hits, then he'll do the AAA combo, but I think dedede can powershield the last hit sometimes.

2) Yes, dedede is a huge target so dairs **** against him and dk

Also if you're ballsy, try predicting it and f-smashing him.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Thank you for trying to contribute, we need more people willing to help, but I suggest reading the stickies and learning more about Snake's play

Fsmash is really slow and can be punished on reaction. The only way you'll land it is through a super prediction or a super mistake (see Ganon Punch instead of Murder Choke or something). Ftilt is always a better option than fsmash and does only 2% less (iirc, fsmash does 23 uncharged, ftilt does 21) but comes out in 4 frames

Nic64

Smash Lord
Ideally you should use fsmash like...never, I actually use it a pretty decent amount because it's so awful though, it's fun when you can actually catch someone with it. But if you're trying to win/not be a ******* like me, just stop using it, seriously.

edit: I can't believe that's censored, wtf smashboards, wtf

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
uh is jab to f-tilt a legit combo with snake (against kirby) because i dont think i ever seen anyone offline do that and this wifi nub did it to me online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom