• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So I think I found something interesting.

So you short hop double jump with snake, then a bit after you reach the apex of your jump, if you fastfall and drop a C4, you will hear the sound and see the animation of the C4 dropping, but the C4 doesn't get dropped because it autocancelled upon landing. So it's like a fake C4 drop, potential mindgames?

You can also do a reverse fake C4 drop and pivot fake C4 drop. And I'm pretty sure you don't have to do it from a double jump as long as you do it from the right height.

Anyone find this useful?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I can do it pretty consistantly, but it really isn't that useful. Cause even if you fake it, it's not like you can do much with it. The might think there is a c4 there, and try to avoid it, but that's about all.

The only thing I use it for is to reverse it close to the ground where I don't want the c4 to actually be out, but I don't want to take the time to get rid of a grenade. That helps in matchups where you can't afford to have your c4 out, like against a falco below 40% as an example.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do have a question somewhat.

Long story short, I wish to contact some intermediate to expert Snake players with a lot of Pit experience, so I can get a Snake's point-of-view of the Pit v Snake matchup, and I can complete my own personal Pit matchup thing.
I wish to get a detailed summary on this matchup, recent details, which include Stage CPs and bans, and such.

Do you guys know any intermediate Snakes with a ton of Pit experience so I can get the updated matchup complete? I would really appreciate the help, guys.

EDIT: I feel as if I am ignored =(

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If the Snake doesn't ban it, take him to Japes. Camp the right side, if he gets close. Watch the timer (for the Kroc), fall in the water, and plank the left.

WoI pushes grenades and can render us stripping them/positioning them useless. (If we don't cook the grenade, push it back to us) - this gives a use to wingdashing.

IIRC you have an fthrow CG on us (if buffered we can't pull a grenade?)

AFAIK you AREN'T super ***** by dthrow.

We can SDI out of the 2nd hit of fsmash (tbh it's not that hard) so your main KO move should be ftilt or dsmash. Keep those fresh, it should be prefered actually to rack damage with fsmash (why you are close enough to fsmash, I don't know)

There's a bit I can offer.

IxxI

Smash Fence
What exactly is the timing for the Kroc? I didn't know there was a timing, I thought it just ***** you when it feels like. XD

IxxI

Smash Fence
I've thought about SDI'ing but haven't had the time to look into it. Which way are you SDI'ing? Into the middle of the platform or the ones on the side?

So if it's every 10 seconds, it appears on the left platform area first, and then after it appears on the right platform in 10 seconds?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Closest platform.

You need to be really, really fast.

Also it moves from right to left. Just an FYI.

Play on the stage for about 5 minutes and time the Kroc, you'll get used to it. Then glancing at the clock you can know when the Kroc will come.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
The Klap Trap appears on the right side when theres a 7 in the seconds....like 27 or 47 etc.

I think hes on the other side when theres a 5 or a 3.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And speaking of Pit, on post #723 here, belonging to me, I still wish for help on that particular request to find some good Snakes with Pit experience for a summary of the Pit v Snake matchup from the point-of-view of 1 or more Snakes with that Pit experience, so I can be updated on Pit's matchups. It's either those Snakes contact me or I contact them, but first, I need to know the names of those Snakes before anything.
Can you guys please help me with this?

I forgot to mention that some Pit players have requested me to get data on the higher tier characters, or matchups that give them problems, which does include Snake and Wario, so this is why I'm asking this. Plus, I want to finish the Pit matchup thing, and be updated on the ones that have been discussed really early.

gallax

Smash Hero
ive got some pit experience. i play against either the best or second best pit in FL since we both go to the same school.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I see, interesting.
Any other Snakes with Pit experience? Whenever you have the time, I wish to be contacted either via PM or AIM (I notice AIM more, but may not respond right away) so I can get this Matchup thing done. It requires the Snakes to give me a summary on the matchup, their point-of view, via text. I have a document that I can send on AIM showing the Pit discussions' current progress, and it can give you an idea on what I'm looking for.

Even though I really would be looking for some of the higher-ranking or more famous Snakes (intermediate ones at the least) with the experience, I won't stress too much on finding one, though it could be required if I wish to have some detailed summaries. But yea, I'll appreciate the help. More than 1 Snake would really help, too. The more, the better, especially when this matchup gives many Pit players some problems.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I have koolaid in my region, and have played his Pit in two sets, winning one, losing one. He beat Dazwa, IcyLight, and only lost to Darc at the last tourney for reference on his ability. I'll probably type up a little something later on the matchup.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I have koolaid in my region, and have played his Pit in two sets, winning one, losing one. He beat Dazwa, IcyLight, and only lost to Darc at the last tourney for reference on his ability. I'll probably type up a little something later on the matchup.
That's great. Though I insist you use MSN or AIM to view the document to give u an ideal on what I'm looking for. You could PM me if you don't have AIM or MSN, but I won't be able to send the document.

.decoy

Smash Ace
wow that was some english.

do you mean how do you boost grab after someone is grab released into the air? (like say to chain falco).

all you do is buffer a dash and the boost grab...if falco is released to the left i input left, left+down c stick/grab. so kinda like two dashes. i find it difficult to just press left and boost grab. so i add that extra one in. works for me, i duno if thats the technical way though.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
this probably has been asked some where but when exactly is the appropriate time to use a dair if there is any time to use it. also is there a definite tutorial on how to do a boost grab? sorry for being so noob.

EDIT: i guess i was doing boost grabs right. i just couldnt tell the difference between the dash grab and a boost grab

.decoy

Smash Ace
dair can be used to punish rolls and break shields by shorthopping. be careful though it can be sdi'd out of.
some people also use it as a way to get back to the stage to mix up. it interrupts some attacks but has very low priority so i'd be careful.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the feedback! it seems like its a very punishable move since all of the ending lag of it. would it be a better idea to use it on larger characters like bowser or DDD? but if you fail with DDD i guess youd be kinda screwed.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
dair is pretty useful against larger/taller opponents. I don't use it too much though, only on the occasions that .decoy stated. Also, bboynotbgirl, do you break?
ok ill keep that in mind. i want to try to use it offensively since i only use it when recovering. but yes i do break lol. seems like someone always asks me that hah

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I dair too much... although when i do it its instand oos from a grenade stance so i have a nade to cover my lag.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
haha true true. for me it was the other way around. i used to pop and was horrible at it so i started bboying. hmm you just gave me an idea. imagine making a bboy PSA. i mean there are a number of bboy moves in brawl. but i dont know too much of PSA. so i wouldnt know if you could take another characters animation and put it onto another

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
haha true true. for me it was the other way around. i used to pop and was horrible at it so i started bboying. hmm you just gave me an idea. imagine making a bboy PSA. i mean there are a number of bboy moves in brawl. but i dont know too much of PSA. so i wouldnt know if you could take another characters animation and put it onto another
yea, just when I figured out textures, music, CSS and CSPs, PSA came out. Way beyond my head. Haha, a Bboy character would be pretty sick. Mario already has flares (dsmash kinda) haha.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
dang i found out you cant copy animations hah. i was thinking of taking marios flares, sonics windmills, and ZSS 2000 move. but man if only

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Are u sure ally does it the other way around.....

What move are u supposed to use for vertical D.I. u-air or b-air?
and...
What move are u supposed to use for horizontal D.I. u-air or b-air?
or is there no difference?

i think its u-air for vertical and b-air for horizontal.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Are u sure ally does it the other way around.....

What move are u supposed to use for vertical D.I. u-air or b-air?
and...
What move are u supposed to use for horizontal D.I. u-air or b-air?
or is there no difference?

i think its u-air for vertical and b-air for horizontal.
If I remember, bair was supposed to be the best momentum cancelling move. But what Yume said was true too. I believe the reason for
Horizontal -> Uair : you are parallel to the blast zone, bair could extend your hitbox into the blast zone
Vertical -> Bair : same deal, uair would extend hitbox up into the roof.

That's my understanding as of now. Habit makes me momentum cancel with bair regardless.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do apologize for asking this question (on post #723 again), but what are the names of some good Snakes with some good amount of Pit experience?
I do have to get these matchup discussions done eventually, and I don't want to have only a Pit's point-of-view on said matchups. Once again, u can contact me best with AIM so I can actually get this discussion thing done, and I seriously would appreciate those helping me out *feels sad* :(

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You can try asking Fatal, he's good friend with Koolaid, a top Pit in our region. Fatal's mostly on AiB though, I never see him post on this board. =/

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll see what he and Koolaid can do, but I need to know how if Fatal has AIM, which is the most recommended way to get this discussion done.

.decoy

Smash Ace
If I remember, bair was supposed to be the best momentum cancelling move. But what Yume said was true too. I believe the reason for
Horizontal -> Uair : you are parallel to the blast zone, bair could extend your hitbox into the blast zone
Vertical -> Bair : same deal, uair would extend hitbox up into the roof.

That's my understanding as of now. Habit makes me momentum cancel with bair regardless.
for horizontal airdodge would actually be the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom