• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean with the Jabs Ken Neth, I just mentioned it for the lazy person's method xD

I haven't fought a falco for the past month or two, but unless my memory is failing me I think it can clank.

I could be wrong though. Like I said, it's been a decent amount of time since I've fought a falco with snake..

*pokes own previous post on phantasm* Yes, it can clank with the attack.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
which way do u DI/SDI out of tornado?

and how do u do the c4 jump when the c4 is on the stage? how far up do u have to be? and u do it durin the cypher right? not after?

BTW...if people were wondering.....i use snake.....no one else....just so u know cuz......look up.....

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
I think you DI up for tornado? I'm not sure.

Uh, when c4 is on the stage, you need to be way higher. Usually it means you won't make it.

.decoy

Smash Ace
for wario grab releases - few questions..

do you buffer a double jumped nair out of the release? or do you have to wait until after the release.

is there a way to sweetspot the utilt?

if you can't then is your best choice to ko a buffered uair (same question about buffering it)? since nair can be sdi'ed.

Underload

Lazy
@ .decoy: You might try a full hop nair, but overall nair is a bad choice since it can be DI'ed out of. Uair or bair are better choices, imo.

No way to sweetspot the up tilt without giving Wario a timeframe to escape, no.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Welcome

I don't boost pivot grab. I just hit c-stick back+grab, which is "sort" of the boost pivot grab, with slightly less boost.

I prefer it because of the spacing, but I sometimes use it and the boost makes me miss the grab >.< I need to start using the regular pivot grab more.

Pivot grabbing accomplishes the same exact thing, and is a few frames quicker... also Ally did Pivot Grab. <_<

well im confused as to how to do a standing pivot grab. pressing away+grab makes you roll and pressing C-stick away + grab turns around and f-smashes

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah I'm pretty sure that a "pivot grab" is when your running.
if your standing still and tilt behind you, your character will pivot on the spot.

so IMO its just pivoting and then grabbing like a few frames later, so technically its still a pivot grab since he's pivoting and grabbing, but its not a "pivot grab"
thats what I think anyway.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hey. What causes Snake's F-tilt to sometimes do less damage? I am not talking about staling, it sometimes does about 18% right when the match starts. It seems to be when you don't get a "solid" hit, meaning instead of them lurching back, then getting the second hit, you hit them in the air, then tip them as they fly away. Or, they get floored, then hit as they slide away.

I think thats what causes it, but I need to make sure.

Also, Jab -> F-tilt is inescapable if timed correctly, but if you jab -> F-tilt on shield, can they grab you between Jab and F-tilt? I usually use F-tilt to space, and Jab- f-Tilt if they run a shield into me, or they are spot dodging to shield a lot... basically, situations where I want to push the shield away, but I want to know if I can be grabbed...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
mmm I think its something to do with ftilt having more than 1 hitbox, someone who actually knows what they are talking about will clarify that for you.

as for jab to ftilt, no idea, but if they're shielding it wouldnt it be better to go jab to grab?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It depends on the character's grab length. I know at least DDD can grab you if they shield the first jab >_>

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd guess anyone with a decent grab range would be able to grab you in between them.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got a random question. How many people actually use the Nikita? I find myself using it very rarely... and I don't see many other Snake's use it either.

gallax

Smash Hero
there is this snake that uses it in CFL, hrnut, and its always the WTF? moment but it usually is a great mindame. usually its like once or twice a round. sometimes none, but its not uncommon.

Tub

Smash Apprentice
I used utilt on a link at FD, and instead of him going up, he seemed to hit a ceiling, then flop onto the ground. This "ceiling" was about a half-snake high.
Anybody have any idea what happened?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Did he do a dair? I know that some downward momentum dairs (TL, sheik, sonic, etc) when hit it upward momentum attacks cause a stall. So it goes: you utilt (upward momentum) > TL flies up > dair > stal > whatever move TL chooses next.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, it sounds like one of those invisible ceiling glitches from melee.

I remember watching a melee teams match of Ken on Onnett. And he got upsmashed by a fox at super high percents, but teched off something in the middle of the air :/ I'm guessing he just hit L/R out of frustration/reaction and then was like "WTF?!?"

.decoy

Smash Ace
the ridiculous part is when researching such hax for use with snake youre more likely to find one than not it seems...wtfsnakehax ftw.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I have no idea how this happened.....or if there is a way to do this or not.....but I was just playing around in training, and I just teched snake's Utilt. I was air born, and right before I touched the ground when I was about a few feet away from him (in the disjointed area) I just hit R out of habit, and tech'd it. I'm trying right now to recreate this, but is there a way to do this or something?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Heh, yeah, that's pretty much what it looked like. I was at like 110%. I was able to recreate it a few more times. Do you just have to SDI down and then tech?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I got a random question. How many people actually use the Nikita? I find myself using it very rarely... and I don't see many other Snake's use it either.
Nikita is useful in some situations

against some characters, you can set up an edgeguarding wall by throwing grenades/c4 on the ground, and angling a nikita upward

i've also gotten a surprising number of early kills on a recovering snake with nikita

and I've started dropping nikita when I'm recovering really high, but thats only because I saw ally do it <_<

also, against a recovering falco
if you have time to set a c4 where the side b will land, and edgehog
i think its guaranteed damage/kill

either:
you edgehog them, they die.
they try to up b, you bair/edgehog
they forward b onto the stage, you drop and c4

i guess they could try to short side b to mind game you into dropping from the ledge. *shrugs*

IxxI

Smash Fence
Lol, that's not true.
What the hell?
Unless I'm a total noob.
But I'm pretty sure every move is affected by going stale.

IxxI

Smash Fence
SDI left or right Link's up smash.
I would CP Yoshi's Island on Link, but that's just my personal preference.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Masterpimp, the Snake vs Link MU is ridiculously easy. Just don't let him camp you. His projectile game is stronger than yours. But your physical game obliterates him. Don't let him play on FD, or any other stage where camping is easy. And if you have to CP, pick a stage that destroys his abysmal recovery.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
As to the nikita non-believers before, you guys have no idea what you are talkin about.

The Nikita is extremely good if done correctly. I'm going to rummage through some of my old videos I always get epic Nikita kills.

:laugh:

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
lol how come everytime some one says my name they put masterpimp? its misterpimp just so u know....and i go by swiss...like how black heretic has syx..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom