• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR's Official Position on Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veng

Smash Ace
What happened to people wanting to be able to use Yoshi and such in tournaments without having such a bad chance of winning?

Seriously, they all still use there old mains, but all the new people and people who want to win use MK.

I guess its not fair to say that since if you banned MK, Snake, D3, falco then the game would be fair for just about every other character because there isnt many chaingrabs, cheap tilts etc

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Your Location should say "he posts in red he must be dumb"

cuz you are

OH MY LAWD, IM A SMASH LORD :)
Post count does not matter.
Get back to the topic immediately, I am tired of reading your posts about your idiotic fallacies. I don't care if you call me a Nazi, but, just do it when it is on topic. Like if there was a topic called HEY SINZ IS A NAZI, then feel free to say, i heard that Sinz burns Jews in ovens. I don't care. But, just get back onto the topic at hand.

Yoshi has an interesting MU vs MK, if the Yoshi player knows what they are doing, they might be able to make the MU 45-55, but if they don't. They might as well just drop their controller and high 5 everyone in the room.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Get back to the topic immediately, I am tired of reading your posts about your idiotic fallacies. I don't care if you call me a Nazi, but, just do it when it is on topic. Like if there was a topic called HEY SINZ IS A NAZI, then feel free to say, i heard that Sinz burns Jews in ovens. I don't care. But, just get back onto the topic at hand.

Yoshi has an interesting MU vs MK, if the Yoshi player knows what they are doing, they might be able to make the MU 45-55, but if they don't. They might as well just drop their controller and high 5 everyone in the room.
what posts? and you were off topic talking about people not begin equal, give me a break

i dont like mk, there on topic for ya

EDIT: lmao u went to a san antonio thread and told on me, not nice

BentoBox

Smash Master
WTF LOL

Wow.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
People aren't equal. That is one thing that you need to figure out. People are different.

Actually people are pretty **** weird.

They want to be different and unique, yet they want to be accepted and a like.

People may start out equal, but they don't live equally.

Back on to smash topics.
Diddy is being proved to be a viable counter to MK. He takes skill to play as. Also, he has bananas
My post was on topic.

I don't like MK? Whoa. No defense at all. Elaborate
For example, I don't like MK because of the ease of play he has. You can literally just pick up the controller and play him well. However, this really isn't the case, because you have to be decent, because the better player will be the winner, right? But with MK in the equation, he makes the match up in your favor pretty much.

It might not make sense, but it is on topic.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
i was just bein a smart *** when i said "i dont like mk-on topic" >_>

But...i dont like him because...i just started playing brawl a month ago and his range, attacks, and whorenado are enough for me to not like him. He is also very quick. I mean it's pretty obvious when you play MK how g@y he is.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i was just bein a smart *** when i said "i dont like mk-on topic" >_>

But...i dont like him because...i just started playing brawl a month ago and his range, attacks, and whorenado are enough for me to not like him. He is also very quick. I mean it's pretty obvious when you play MK how g@y he is.
tell me that after you played a campy pika/rob, a grab happy D3/olimar, or a snake who ftilts your whole match.
AKA my bro

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
No offense, but some of your posts are making little to no sense.
Suspect >_>

Just stop posting in this thread, unless someone has something fresh and interesting to discuss, just seriously let it die for a while.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
No offense, but some of your posts are making little to no sense.
Suspect >_>

Just stop posting in this thread, unless someone has something fresh and interesting to discuss, just seriously let it die for a while.
wtf? omg all i did was Argue with AZ.

then everyone started jumping in like his lil groupies or something

fine whatever

Actually yea i am going to stop because AZ just modded me, hmm wonder why. Love when i argue with mods about a game and they get mad at me and quickly find a wat to mod me

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
So you agree Wobbling does not make the ICs god tier or is the only viable strategy in Melee?

If so, what's the point in banning Wobbling when it does not break the game?

idk why don't you ask the people who host the tournies :)

but i will say wobbling and chaingrabbing can make any IC that grabs you kill you guarantee.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
wtf? omg all i did was Argue with AZ.

then everyone started jumping in like his lil groupies or something

fine whatever

Actually yea i am going to stop because AZ just modded me, hmm wonder why. Love when i argue with mods about a game and they get mad at me and quickly find a wat to mod me
If he didn't give you an infraction there, then I would have. That was simply spam, no matter how you look at it. Spam in the middle of a serious conversation in a serious thread is not tolerated lightly.

I've been avoiding reading this thread for quite some time now. I read the last couple pages... and now I realize why I avoided it in the first place.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Then the others arguing with me should have gotten one also right?

especially the person who said i was ********, i was quite hurt

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
1. couldnt you (S)DI out of that?
2. i thought you could (S)DI backwards to get away from the spike...
3. not much you could do about that except try to mindgame your DI
1. You can DI to mess up his spacing, but if the fox follows DI correctly it's inescapeable until you reach the edge of the stage (for most chars, some fall from the shine and some slide to far). You can DI towards to increase the chances of grabbing onto the edge, but the fox can also end the waveshine with a fthrow, dsmash, fsmash (or pretty much any move they want) to get you off the edge.
2. No, that just made it easier for them hit with the Dair. If you DI away and slightly up they can sometimes only hit you with a Fair, Nair, Neutral B or something, but you'll usually die anyway.
It doesn't even spike in PAL tho (it's a meteor), so I usually DI towards in hope of them Dairing me so I can meteor cancel lol.
3. Dude, sheik's NTSC CG's (she has no cg's in PAL) are prolly the easiest in melee. It's hard to mess up.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Alberta leans far towards melee, but with the few brawl tourney's we've had, Metaknight was never a dominating problem. Superboom just picks up any character and ***** every single time. With anyone.

When I do play, I use Metaknight, so I'm pretty glad he's not banned. I could really care less though.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol I beat Forte's MK with Snake yesterday in tourny even though he did 150%+ more damage per match

Playing smart and camping and not getting gimped = how you win the match.

Snake clearly has the advantage.

L-R-A-Start

Smash Apprentice
Yaaaay! MK! Yaaaaayy!!

I'm one of the people who thinks MK shouldn't have been banned and he wasn't. *wins* ^_^ For the people who wanted Meta to be banned, well.....*points and laughs at them*. (lol, now people are going to start crying and complaining about my comment, *doesn't care*) If people suck THAT badly against MK that they can never beat one, and they actually make a huge deal about banning him from tournaments, why don't they use that time to work on their MKs. Then, if they get good enough, they might stop being whiney babies. ^_^ (Don't reply to this. I was just giving my opinion. For those of you bored enough to reply [with something mean or stupid or both], well, screw you). :psycho:

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow. There are forum n00bs with good opinions? Didn't even know those existed.

PhilMcCloud17

Smash Cadet
I don't think any character should be banned........They all can be beat. Except for Fox in melee of course hahaha.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
well i went to a tourny today and did good until someone i can beat CP MK on me. I love when that happens >_>
That's why you should learn Snake and simply grenade camp.

Or get really good with Diddy, Olimar, Dedede, Marth, Falco, Donkey Kong, Game and Watch, Toon Link, or some other character that loses only 60/40 at worst.

Or MK ditto, lmao.

RDK

Smash Hero
I thought the part at about 1:50 where he sets a banana behind MK and then initiates the naner combo was pretty interesting. It only worked after a few repeats with MK, but maybe it'll work better on larger characters.

Has anyone been able to reverse the combo effectively yet?

btw Diddy is top tier and gay

so is Olimar
Olimar isn't nearly as gay as Diddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom