• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR's Official Position on Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Again, I would say the majority of tournaments DID NOT ban wobbling. Of the 5 200+ person Melee tournaments in 2007, 2 of them banned wobbling (Pound 2/OC3-of which Chu placed 1st and 3rd) and 3 did not (SCC, FCD, EVO World- of which Chu played 5th, 3rd, and 5th), and on average the Ice Climbers performed BETTER in wobbling banned tournaments than wobbling allowed tournaments-proving that the ban was merely out of fear and not reality.

Also, after wobbling was banned in some tournaments in the South, Wobbles went on to prove that he was simply better than the competition by winning tournaments where the very tactic he made popular was banned. People said that without wobbling Wobbles would not beat a player like caveman-apparently they were all wrong.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Da_kid: 1. was waveshining broken in Melee? It was inescapable until you were off the stage with most characters (and many times lead to shine spikes-probably 100% of the time against weaker players). 2. Was the Ken combo broken? Performed correctly, it was also inescapable. 3. What about Sheik's 0-50/100% CG against half the cast? What about waveshine infinites on RC/Green greens/etc. 4. What about Falco's shine > Dair rinse and repeat + SHL for approaching? I think you throw around "broken" in place of things that are merely really good. Broken should be unbeatable.
1. couldnt you (S)DI out of that?
2. i thought you could (S)DI backwards to get away from the spike...
3. not much you could do about that except try to mindgame your DI
4. you just gave me 4 characters that had broken moves but were not infinites, (except number 1 and i have to get that question answered) the reason stuff like that was ok was because, almost every character has something really gay that they could do, and thats what made it balenced.
but yea, i proly do throw the term around alot but I do know the difference between completely broken (wayyy too good to be allowable) and "OMG dat iz so brokd" (really good stuff that 3 stocks scrubs)
Well now that, that tactic will probably be banned anyone else got any suggestions? lol
that was to good.
lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Why would it be banned? Most tournaments don't even ban the easy to perform Dedede infinite.

Is your argument: well, that maybe would counter MK, but I think people will ban it so we will never have the chance to find out?

Please, feel free to find 10 (heck, good luck finding 5) tournaments in the last month that banned infinites completely (out of like, 100 tournaments-just check Ankoku's list if you want to get started-I would bet most of the tournaments that ban infinites are in the NYC area as well).
i think all of the tourneys that inui goes to and all of the tourneys that xyro hosts have banned D3 infinite, and those are Houston and NYC, 2 very big smash scenes

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What I'm saying is that you are looking at a minority of tournaments banning it-with most national/regional level tournaments not banning infinites (for example, I do not believe Oh Snap banned infinites or the last C3 in md/va-feel free to show me if I'm wrong). Maybe one of the reasons NYC hasn't really held a national tournament since the last MLG NY is because players don't want to travel to a place where their moves are banned (just a random theory).

cutter

Smash Champion
People want infinites banned because they want the viability of their mains increased or they're handcuffed by their own morals doing the infinites (ie they think it's stupid). This is the main reason why people cry about D3's infinites. If we're doing this, why can't we increase the viability of characters like Ganon and CF?

Because if that's why people want infinites banned, I don't see why we can't do the same for low tier characters.

@ Suspect: Wobbling was not officially banned. Please explain to me how Wobbling made ICs God Tier or it became the only viable strategy.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
People want infinites banned because they want the viability of their mains increased or they're handcuffed by their own morals doing the infinites (ie they think it's stupid). This is the main reason why people cry about D3's infinites. If we're doing this, why can't we increase the viability of characters like Ganon and CF?

Because if that's why people want infinites banned, I don't see why we can't do the same for low tier characters.

@ Suspect: Wobbling was not officially banned. Please explain to me how Wobbling made ICs God Tier or it became the only viable strategy.
I never said wobbling made them god tier or nothing in that sense

sbr doesn't actually control 'tourneys', the hosts may still do whatever they want
this

AZ, your explanations are wasted on people like Suspect, we all know your right but your reasoning is falling on deaf ears.
1st of all, get of his balls

2nd of all...He had no reason posting a newly discovered DIDDY at in this topic, this is not the diddy board. He did it to basically say "Oh look what u can do against mk guys....he's not broken or nothin"

So what exactly is he right about? and if his reason is falling on deaf ears...then how do we all know he is right, u make no sense what so ever

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
He is trying to say, if ONE character can be a counter against MK, than the MK too good theory is wrong.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong

2nd of all...He had no reason posting a newly discovered DIDDY at in this topic, this is not the diddy board. He did it to basically say "Oh look what u can do against mk guys....he's not broken or nothin"

So what exactly is he right about? and if his reason is falling on deaf ears...then how do we all know he is right, u make no sense what so ever
:laugh:

2 much truth

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea, because discussing characters that work well against MK and specific tactics that work well against MK wouldn't at all be appropriate for a topic discussing MK.

If people think about it....1st it was snake, now its MK, and soon its gonna be diddy lol
No, this is misinterpreting things. Diddy can be countered, MK just doesn't happen to be one of those characters.

brinboy789

Smash Champion

1. ?

2. im not going read back several pages just to answer this, but if he posted a newly discovered diddy topic, its probably since diddy is rising as a MK counter, and a new discovery will make it more so

3. i think he is saying that he is right about diddy maybe countering MK, due to recent tourney results and newly discovered techniques. and since snake is agreed upon with many pro players, and diddy is potentially rising as a MK counter, MK "has" a counter, so he should not be banned. but he already isnt banned, why are we talking about this? lol

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Yea, because discussing characters that work well against MK and specific tactics that work well against MK wouldn't at all be appropriate for a topic discussing MK.

No, this is misinterpreting things. Diddy can be countered, MK just doesn't happen to be one of those characters.
This "specific tactic" works well "if not the same" on all the other characters...so it should of been posted on the diddy board.

I dont see any snake users posting in here about MK

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
here is my list of hated characters and there playing style

MK=obvious
Snake=campers
D3=chaingrabbers
Falco=chaingrabbers
olimar= campers

and then the occasional spammers with other characters

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This "specific tactic" works well "if not the same" on all the other characters...so it should of been posted on the diddy board.

I dont see any snake users posting in here about MK
False.
I am a snake mainer.(ignore the peach. She is just a fun character.)

No, this discussion is not headed to, lets ban diddy. Diddy is beatable. Plus, diddy takes a lot more practice than MK. To be good with Diddy, you actually have to be GOOD. While MK allows you to be GOOD while just being mediocre. :/

The more I read your posts, the more I am against the ban. And hell, I lead the ban in my state. You are a really amazing persuader.

I realize that my state is going to be at a disadvantage when it comes to playing against other states. But, the majority of the players in my state believe that MK ruins the game. I can still play against MK, I mained MK, and I won with MK. But, I won with other characters too. I am a good player, so I just did good. :/

MK=/=Good player
MK is just a temporary boost.
Holy ****, I just became neutral.

RDK

Smash Hero
Suspect, stop being a ****ing ******. AZ posted information that was relevant to the discussion at hand.

People were whining like babies about how MK is broken and should be banned. He's clearly trying to show you that's not the case.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Brawl in general revolves around camping for opportunities as not many are given safe approaches. The higher you go in tiers, the better they are in that respect, generally. Don't hate on the players, hate on the game. Or just deal with it and get better.

@Sinz: Peach is srs business :embarrass

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
False.
I am a snake mainer.(ignore the peach. She is just a fun character.)

No, this discussion is not headed to, lets ban diddy. Diddy is beatable. Plus, diddy takes a lot more practice than MK. To be good with Diddy, you actually have to be GOOD. While MK allows you to be GOOD while just being mediocre. :/

The more I read your posts, the more I am against the ban. And hell, I lead the ban in my state. You are a really amazing persuader.

I realize that my state is going to be at a disadvantage when it comes to playing against other states. But, the majority of the players in my state believe that MK ruins the game. I can still play against MK, I mained MK, and I won with MK. But, I won with other characters too. I am a good player, so I just did good. :/

MK=/=Good player
MK is just a temporary boost.
Holy ****, I just became neutral.
I meant that i dont see any snake users posting in here like the diddy people are and/or posting tactics that work against MK

EDIT: RDK is a prime example of a fanboy >_>

im ******** now yea ok, idiot

He's trying to show me that is not the case....by posting new diddy AT's in here that i have already spoke about dumb ****

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
@Sinz: Peach is srs business :embarrass
O rly?

@Suspect- The reason he posted them is for everyone else to see as well, your eyes are more easily drawn to a link then a wall of text. :/
Also, AZ is doing a good job of proving his point.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
:(

*goes and cries*

i read the text before the link lol

i wonder if some "noob" came in here and posted what AZ posted if everyone would jump on his sack also
Gonna be honest. Probably not.
AZ has reputation, which builds credibility. When you have credibility, people tend to trust you more.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
And i guess im the stupid one for treating everyone fairly....hmmm
People aren't equal. That is one thing that you need to figure out. People are different.

Actually people are pretty **** weird.

They want to be different and unique, yet they want to be accepted and a like.

People may start out equal, but they don't live equally.

Back on to smash topics.
Diddy is being proved to be a viable counter to MK. He takes skill to play as. Also, he has bananas.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
People aren't equal. That is one thing that you need to figure out. People are different.

Actually people are pretty **** weird.

They want to be different and unique, yet they want to be accepted and a like.
i treat them equal, i didnt say we were "equal" everyone is different but does not deserve to be treated differently....u must be a nazi lol

:laugh:

This thread wins...
lol i know it does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom