• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
<333

3lol'ds

Edit:
Del - Ya rly, and I've been doing that every time I'm in one. Currently, I am/was doing well with Toon Link.

Darkshadow - Welcome to the boa **** you KJ Have fun here.

KJ - **** you/ D'awwwww <33333 I wasn't going to drop her. I'd probably quit Brawl before I drop Samus as my fav/best/"main." And it's flattering to know I had such influence on anybody here/on VGD(that does not involve the IsmaN thing).
As far as I'm concerned, this place will outlive me(**** you diabeetus/bad neighborhoods/aliens).

Xyro - Gj

VGD is pure trash right now, BC was where it was at. It's awesome to hear that you wont drop her :3, WE CAN ALL RELAX :O. This place definatly wont outlive you, you've been gone like a day and already SuSa and Dryn are argueing :3. *Hint hint come back now*.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yeah they don't like eachother because:

Also nice work on 3rd Xyro, Samus for Dtier nao? :3
I'll be speaking to Queen Killjoy about SuSa. He knows all he's doing is starting stuff, and implicitly calling me an idiot isn't something I take kindly to. If I could ignore him, I would. And, I would take this to AIM, but it seems SuSa either doesn't have AIM, or he's afraid, and he'd rather call me an idiot, not just in a thread I closed because of that, but also in KillerJawz's visitor messages.

I'll be speaking to Queen Killjoy about SuSa. He knows all he's doing is starting stuff, and implicitly calling me an idiot isn't something I take kindly to. If I could ignore him, I would. And, I would take this to AIM, but it seems SuSa either doesn't have AIM, or he's afraid, and he'd rather call me an idiot, not just in a thread I closed because of that, but also in KillerJawz's visitor messages.
Yeah I don't know to much about the situation, its a shame there has to be such arguements on the boards but meh, suppose it cant be helped. Do what you must, but only as a last resort :3.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Too much drama. Honestly.

On a side note, wtf Samus mains. Answer to Xyro's thread. I want to see your opinions (and more importantly, argue with your opinions.) lolz

You mean the I need your help thread? I answered that and my ideas are quite similar to many others xD. At least people said Snake is even.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Too much drama. Honestly.
Not as much as the Brawl Peach Room. ;)

On a side note, wtf Samus mains. Answer to Xyro's thread. I want to see your opinions (and more importantly, argue with your opinions.) lolz
I already posted in Xyro's thread. There really isn't much left I can say, since he wanted offline only. Maybe that was an SBR requirement.

Yeah but then again, the button input can really switch matchups around like Samus v ICs, but thats only in some cases, I think it should have a few more wifi options opened up.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yeah but then again, the button input can really switch matchups around like Samus v ICs, but thats only in some cases, I think it should have a few more wifi options opened up.
Or Ike. Gosh, Ike is top-tier on Wi-Fi.

Jab, jab, grab. Throw. More jab, jab, jab, grab, short hop forward, jump back, use f-air. Ad infinitum.

Jab, jab, grab. Throw. More jab, jab, jab, grab, short hop forward, jump back, use f-air. Ad infinitum.
Ike + Fsmash + Wifi = YOU SHALL NOT DODGE. Seriously his jabs are monsters on wifi x[.

@Xyro, Ive added all of the OFFLINE characters I've played, if you wait till Saturday (Im going up to the east midlands for a tournament) I can get a bit more information.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
seriously, i need all of you guys to add your 2 cents to the thread. Though i dislike some of your opinions, i need more of them.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I don't understand the purpose of his thread, so I Xed out of the window. Also, three options isn't near enough for me to express how I feel about all match-ups side-by-side. =/

i dislike some of your opinions
Lol.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Indeed, the three options aren't accurate enough to depict a lot of the match-ups (there were times where I wanted to do slight advantage/disadvantage instead of even but couldn't), but I really do want to see an overall average perspective of each character.

And at least he admits he dislikes some opinions. I'll admit that I disagree with several of Xyro's MUs, but that discussion/argument cam be done another time. Lets see what you have to say. Pretty pretty please?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

That is a common stereotype that is pretty negative. Ike's have it just as hard on Wi-fi as everyone else. I speak from being one as well. Recovering on any stage, avoiding projectiles/long ranged moves, and trying to SH N/B-air are impossible at times. It's just easier to play against people not used to online, which can be said for just about any character.

And where exactly is this all happening? I thought the boards were half-dead. Apparently I keep this thread from being dead.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm talking about the less advantageous side of things. In my opinion, Samus' disadvantage vs Lucario is more severe than her disadvantage vs Marth, and yet this system implies that those match-ups are of the same difficulty for Samus. If this poll is asking for the general opinion of Samus players then this is not a good enough way to go about doing it.

Regardless of my dislike for the system, I still don't plan on participating until I know what the results will be used for.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
most likely match up write ups. that's my guess anyway, as everyone has different views and ways in which we use samus, thus he'll get the people that said yes to certain MU's to do write ups on them as they seem to know it well enough to call it Advantage

Xyro77

I'm talking about the less advantageous side of things. In my opinion, Samus' disadvantage vs Lucario is more severe than her disadvantage vs Marth, and yet this system implies that those match-ups are of the same difficulty for Samus. If this poll is asking for the general opinion of Samus players then this is not a good enough way to go about doing it.

Regardless of my dislike for the system, I still don't plan on participating until I know what the results will be used for.
Its a multiple part system involving ONLY match-ups and not skill. Its obvious i can beat ANY link that comes my way but what if ALL the samus mains think link has the advantage? Whos right? Them or me? Maybe im just gifted and the match-up disadvantage doesnt apply to me.

Part 1= a GENERAL view of the matchups. Adv, Disadv, Even.

Part 2= what do we call a Adv/Disadv/even?. Is there such a thing as SLIGHT adv or SLIGHT disadv? Does 50-50=even or should we include 55-45 as even? Is is possible to have a 80-20 or 90-10 match-up? The kirby boards(for example) may think 60-40 is even while the mewtwo boards(for example) thinks thats an advantage and not even. We need to have some sort of system that ALL BOARDS use so that the confusion among character boards is minimal.

Part 3= Look at other fighting game tier lists and look at the new ssb64 tier list. How are they formed, MATCH-UPS! For the longest time, shiek in melee had the most advantageous match-ups in the game yet he was 3rd best.....theres somethign wrong with that. So the whole purpose of part 1 an 2 is to finaly complete part 3 a match-up based tier list. IT IS NOT FINAL AND WILL NOT ERASE THE OLD TIER LIST. Its just a project we are working on.

Rhyme, wether you like me or hate me or whatever.......i value your input. Please post your list on the thread. It would help us out alot.

Part 3 will be finally adding a NUMBER to the term ADVANTAGE/DISA

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I just got finished playing Legan! Man, his Link *****! We had five matches. 2-3. He won the last match, but I had to go after that because I'm going to rake some leaves right now. Anyway, the fourth match we played, I saved it on replay. It was at Pokémon Stadium 1, and I used b-air and he used d-air, and we both flew in opposite directions, but he got KOed before I could lose my second stock. That was the most awesome match all day! I want to get it uploaded on YouTube! Just for that part, anyway. Legan is too pro for me.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Xyro: What I know about you is limited to what you present on Smashboards. That's one of the biggest reasons that I'm looking forward to Inui's tournament in November. There are things that I dislike about you, but overall you have my respect.

The kirby boards(for example) may think 60-40 is even while the mewtwo boards(for example) thinks thats an advantage and not even. We need to have some sort of system that ALL BOARDS use so that the confusion among character boards is minimal.
^This is what I was looking for. I'll give character match-ups some thought while I'm at the gym, and I'll post what I come up with once I get back. ((And also, nobody should thank me for initially being difficult, lol.))

Xyro77

Xyro: What I know about you is limited to what you present on Smashboards. That's one of the biggest reasons that I'm looking forward to Inui's tournament in November. There are things that I dislike about you, but overall you have my respect.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Yea thats fine. I get that alot but you will see i aint as bad as u think. Im just a normal guy. Hive and noob both met m in real life. Also, thanks for helping out in the match-up thing.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Then I shall look forward to chilling with you.

Finished the list. There are plenty of 60-40's and 40-60's on there...I still wish this were a 1 through 5 rating system at least. =/ Oh well. I do like the final result that you guys are working toward, so if this is the way you think is best then I don't mind that much.

&Note: Can we turn the match-up discussion into an 'ask random questions about random character match-ups' discussion? Between all Samus mains, at least half of the cast has been listed as "even" or "advantage" for Samus. We should share this knowledge and experience with one another in a way that could be faster and more accessable than the current method (4 char.s per month =/ ).

Xyro77

yea we could i guess but what if 2 of us talk about snake while the rest talk about pikachu? we got nothing done? u know? im mean ill try it but i fear the worst.

*edits thread*

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I would say that's almost guaranteed to happen, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Oftentimes (in General/Social threads, for example) there will be two, or even three, different conversations going on at once that can remain seperate. The only real problem I can foresee is that it would be nearly impossible to organize the thread, and that would result in plenty of people asking about things that have been previously discussed.

It was just a suggestion. You didn't have to run off and edit the thread. >.>

Xyro77

You you would expect me to say "NO, F-you" normally, right? BOOM! THREW YO *** FOR A LOOP!!!!!!! Now do u still dislike me? WHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Rhyme

Smash Lord
^^ Xyro just landed Zair->CS. It hurts. D:

To aid in said match-up discussion, I put together this list. Hopefully it can give us some ideas for where to start and who to ask. If two or less people listed a match-up as more advantageous than everyone else, I kept their name and the character.

Several things to note:

- I used my own list as a rough guide for what match-ups to look for. If you want completely accurate results, check your own list against everyone else's.

- These are not the only characters to talk about, but they should be among the first I would think. Reason being that less people probably means more room for improvement.

- G&W appeared three times as "even", but I personally believe that the character is worth discussing.

Yoshi - Advantage
Yoshi - Advantage
Ness - Advantage[/code]
Pikachu - even
Falco - even
Luigi - advantage
Wolf - advantage
R.O.B. - advantage
Mario - Advantage
Ice Climbers - even
Lucario - even
Sonic - advantage
Lucas - advantage
King Dedede - Even
Marth - Even
Ice Climbers -Even
Zero Suit Samus - Advantage
Toon Link - Advantage
Lucas - Advantage
Olimar - Even
Kirby - Even
Zelda - Advantage

Xyro77

i will discuss this stuff in the char match-up thread. meet me there my boy. if other want to defend thier opinions, take it to the log book please.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Y'know, I like playing people that I've played in their original games: Snake MGS1-3, Samus Super Metroid (SNES). I've always wanted to play the rest of their series, though catching up on all 4(?) of the prime series is a bit daunting. I'll get that trilogy pack come summer :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
what's up

:samus::samus::samus::samus::samus::samus::samus:
Not my self-esteem. I'm thinking about selling Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'm not that great at the game anymore. I lost to someone more than once, a person whom I would **** every single match in the past. Now, here I am getting my *** handed to me. People tell me I should just have fun, but there's no fun when you keep on losing. I mean, come to think of it, I've only probably won maybe seven matches out of twenty-five or so. It's no fun anymore.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Ew. You sound like my former doubles partner. He gave up after plateauing for the longest time.

Take a break and try a new character. And start recording your matches. Eventually, you'll have this amazing revelation, and your gameplay will change slightly but have dramatic results.

It's like the Family Guy episode when Peter goes off into the woods to have the revelation given to him by Fonzie. Maybe you need to go out and find that. xD

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Not my self-esteem. I'm thinking about selling Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'm not that great at the game anymore. I lost to someone more than once, a person whom I would **** every single match in the past. Now, here I am getting my *** handed to me. People tell me I should just have fun, but there's no fun when you keep on losing. I mean, come to think of it, I've only probably won maybe seven matches out of twenty-five or so. It's no fun anymore.
You've been on hiatus for well over five months. Just take the time to keep improving to your former skill level.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
lol this is like literally gg uninstall

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
EDIT: Moved to Morphology thread.

Just got home from a tourney. I was hoping to get 5th. **** you, HAT. (lol, nah, he's cool, I definitely screwed up first stock of both matches... so instead of being super close, maybe it could have been a win for me ;_; )

But even if I had beat HAT.... no way I would have beaten ~PS~. Olimar MU is horrible for Samus. It's official. Discuss in Morphology thread.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Just got home from a tourney. I was hoping to get 5th.
What he said.
But even if I had beat HAT.... no way I would have beaten ~PS~. Olimar MU is horrible for Samus. It's official. Discuss in Morphology thread.
lolnoOlimariseasy

I'm back. My Samus is back. **** yeah.

Top Bottom