• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Awesomeness, attended my first Brawl tourney. Didnt expect to do well, but I did do surprisingly well for the times I got to play good players. I got to play Lain, Legan and Joker there. Beat Joker twice in Samus dittos, recorded the last intense one. I seriously got him over 200% and started getting worried he'd actually turn things around.

WHERE WERE YOU XYRO?! There were over 80 people just participating in singles.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I added some remixed MegaMan X songs for some of the stages on brawl. I feel like i can play brawl every day now. WHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHA

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So guise guess who has either a chronic hernia in his intestines or one or more nerves caught in his abdominal wall and may need to get surgery lol

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
I added some remixed MegaMan X songs for some of the stages on brawl. I feel like i can play brawl every day now. WHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHA
MMX hahah

ya know thats not a bad idea....

i still think that the phoenix right music myself.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'd say You there X, but I cannot say for sure.

either or, it's someone About to suffer copius amounts of pain

NOID messed up his englais/ excruciating is not a measurement lol

bobson

Smash Lord
Is Samus' jab supposed to be completely ****ing worthless or am I just doing something wrong?

Does it combo into anything?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Serris, I had a hernia once, when I was little. I don't remember getting surgery. I have the scars or whatever you'd call them from surgery, though. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. :(

bobson, the jab needs to be used at proper times. It's excellent for poking, and jab cancels are sexy.

In other news, Rohins is too good!

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I will be posting up some vids soon hopefully of NO KOAST. I have only one match Im super proud of, but the rest can be vids of what not to do, what to watch out for, and how to **** those who dont know what L/R is.

I have a videos of me losing to Joker's snake, Cook's Olimar, and a great PT who I didnt get the name of. A little something I didnt know about the Olimar MU, he combos like crazy from dthrow -> hyphen smash. Also, those little pikmin grab you out of just about anything and lock on like homing missles. I think I'll read up a little bit on that MU, but I still think we need a little more info on it before we get our butts handed to us.

If there is anything good that I'd like you guys to observe that I still think is lacking in the Samus community, it is how I handle my fair. I welcome any critique on my Samus and how to handle certain situations better.

You all should look forward to these vids this weekend I believe. Also, anyone know about .VRO programs? I am curious if I can get my hands on something that can edit my vids from this format. If you guys can help me with this, I should be able to get these up sooner. The program Im using just to play it (I dont remember off the top of my head) seems to mess up the timing somewhere in the video, and you miss some parts if you dont quickly go back. Also, it says the vid is under 6 mins, but is actually over half and hour, so Im uncertain what the deal is with that...

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Is Samus' jab supposed to be completely ****ing worthless or am I just doing something wrong?

Does it combo into anything?
I know someone who claims its one of the best jabs in the game :U

99% sure it doesn't even combo into the second hit.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
jab doesnt have enough hitstun to consistently connect w/ second hit... thought this was well known. only jab if you catch them out of the air..

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
jab doesnt have enough hitstun to consistently connect w/ second hit... thought this was well known. only jab if you catch them out of the air..
What about jab canceling?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Sup again samus boards. School has been suckin up my life, but I got some recorded matches of my samus. I'm really proud that I did well against some tougher players... but they didn't really know the matchup, the spacing for zair, or how she approaches... so yea. I already know one thing I do wrong - I have trouble fast falling my aerials, such as the dair > up B combo. I use the c-stick so sometimes when I jump and am still going up, the dair isn't fast falled... or at least I don't think so. Samus' floatiness makes it hard for me to tell. Hope to get some feedback, even though no one will probably say anything :p

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if you guys are interested but samus is a top tier in balanced brawl.

i thought that was funny i thought i should share....

ohh rumor has it that she out ranks meta knight in balanced brawl also....

but i wouldnt know.

lol anybody ells thinks that if samus was a top tier she wouldnt be as fun to play with?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Not a recent discovery, but I notice that few Samus mains don't truly know about it. (Especially from watching n00b's videos, good **** btw.)

Screw Attack is punishable. Yep, I said it. Shielded or hit by it, if they SDI out (specifically up, not right or left. If they do right or left, it's a potential spike if the Samus DIs in the opposite direction.), they can fast fall and punish you, usually resulting in an equal trade or worse. If you haven't encountered this issue yet, it's because you're either

A)Playing against someone who lacks skill in DI, and therefore, smash
B)Playing against someone who lacks MU experience, and possibly skill because of failing to learn the MU in the matches you play with said person for so long

Honestly, the skill level required to SDI out of Samus's up+b is equivalent to SDIing out of Snake's n-air or GW's b-air. Not hard at all.

I encourage Samus mains to lighten their use of the move. If their opponent doesn't know this fact yet, then by all means continue. But step it up and change your play styles if they do start improving their MU (like a typical good player would...)

On an interesting note, at low percentages, it is harder to DI out of but easier to punish if they manage to. At high percentages, it is easier for them to DI out, but harder to punish regardless because of knockback (HIGHLY DEPENDENT ON MU. MK can d-air if he DIs out at all percentages. Don't play dumb.)

Funny how that works.

Also, I don't care if this information is leaked out. Because quite frankly, the pro players already know about it. And we want to make Samus competitively viable, no? Creating more pro players isn't the issue; stopping the bad habits is.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
So I should have upBd less vs meta? It seemed to work well vs sonic lol

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I mean, do you really want my criticism? Because I made a **** ton of internal notes at all the awesome things you did and things you could work on.

Like this one time you chained a homing missile->z-air->u-smash of all things on MK for 22% (I forgot what match and how much, it was 9+11-13, I watched it two days ago) and I literally made it rewind 5 times to see if it was legit (if he couldn't DI out); it looked pretty legit. Kudos.

Or another time you purposefully attempted to DI down from getting hit by d-smash... but you were grounded so the knockback would have lifted you up too high for you to z-air a ledge anyway.. and it was definitely a stock gone had the MK been aggressive to your recovery (he wasn't.)

To be fair, Sonic is a MU I don't stray from up+B at all, mostly because Sonic can't punish as well as other characters if he gets out, not to mention it crushes most of his approaches entirely. But yeah, MK can d-air if he gets out. Marth can f-air. Hell, even Snake can trade off b-air if he manages to get out (it's harder for him, he'll sooner escape left or right, having a pseudo-spike affect, rather than escape through the top.) In general, measure a characters ability to SDI out of moves based on their fall-speed. Which is why Samus can escape a majority of moves out there... but has trouble escaping tornado because she can't SDI onto MK's head to footstool away... so she just barely escapes the last hitbox rather than escape midway. Which I find stupid. But I digress.

We lack a criticism thread and we really should have one...

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
yeah dude, i'd really love to get some input from the samus community -- both constructive criticism on my part (i feel my ledge game was really weak) and iono, highlighting things that i might have done that the rest of the samus community could benefit from.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I kind of agree with the first post NOID made bout screw attack being punishable, didn't have to be so bloody long though >_>.

a few days ago I played someone on the ladder on AiB and they DI'd my screw attack almost always. really taught me that it is not as useful as it seems :(

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I kind of agree with the first post NOID made bout screw attack being punishable, didn't have to be so bloody long though >_>.

a few days ago I played someone on the ladder on AiB and they DI'd my screw attack almost always. really taught me that it is not as useful as it seems :(
Noted. I missed Noid's post, but I tend to use upB too much. They usually never DI out of the first hit. Also, I'm going to a tourney on the 13th, should I try and rep Samus? :)

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Noted. I missed Noid's post, but I tend to use upB too much. They usually never DI out of the first hit. Also, I'm going to a tourney on the 13th, should I try and rep Samus? :)
They do not have to DI the first hit to escape, rather just SDI out midway, or even simply SDI away from the last hit.

And sure, if you think you'll win with Samus. :chuckle:

Leave no stone unturned, leave no idea uncovered.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
hey guys

went to a very very local school tournament. it was 3 rounds lol, single elimination, first match was best out of 1, next two matches were 2/3. Our team got second

my main sentiment is "should have stayed samus"

though i was definitely scared of mk and snake lol

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC